• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Elimination Chamber General Discussion- Keep it All in Here!!!

I mean think about it:

it will give 6 guys time to work a PPV small match card BUT longer matches.

I feel it will make the titles reach a better height and help push MANY super stars in one night. Now im not saying EVERY SINGLE TITLE needs to be defended at the Chamber PPV but the ones that are should be chamber matches.

WWE: We already know whos in there

WHC: Orton, Wade, Show, Mark, D.Bry (c), and Christian (If hes ready)

Divas: If Karma is in there she wins.

US: Swagger (c), Zack, Otunga (I know...I Know), A-Ry, Brodus Clay, Santino (For pop sakes)

I.C: Cody, Drew, Goldust, Zeke, Tyson Kidd, Justin Gab

Tag Team

Before i start: 3 teams in the chamber which equals 6 guys

Epico/Primo (c) vs Usos vs Curt Hawk and T-Rex

I feel that it COULD work (Not that my opinion will fall on WWE ears) what about you guys? agree? disagree?

I don't think it would be a good idea, the PPV would have no variety and the oversaturation will hurt the Chamber match, I already think two in one night is too much.

Put me firmly in the disagree camp, here.

Huge gimmick matches like the Elimination Chamber are special because there aren't many of them, as it is, going from one a year to having two on the night of the PPV already hurt the concept, in my eyes at least. Having four or five Elimination Chamber matches in one night would severely limit the superstars involved. There are only so many spots that could be performed, and to continue to build the excitement through the main events the first two couldn't exactly steal the show, forcing us to sit through numerous sub-par EC matches, just to get to the main event, by which point I for one probably wouldn't want to look at another Lexan™ fucking pod.

Oh my God! That plastic is so unbreakably strong! Oh my God! Someone broke the pod!

Etc.

I agree absolutely 100% That would be amazing. Divas need to be in there. Mid-card guys need a chance to shine. Almost everyone on the roster will get a shot at some kind of title. I think it would be great. I also think the tag title chamber match would be interesting. I would love this, and I think it should be carried over to the themes of Fatal-4-way, and Hell in a Cell. Great Idea and Great thread.

It wouldn't be a good idea.

Elimination Chamber itself shouldn't even be a Pay-Per-View. I'm one of those people that strongly believe that gimmick matches like TLC, Hell in a Cell and The Elimination Chamber should be used for huge feuds and to settle them. That's what it used to be like, the feud used to be set up around the gimmick match itself, I'll use The Elimination Chamber as an example, do you remember how rare they used to be? One a year if we were lucky, and now we get two every single year. It devalues the chamber to the point where it seems like the superstars don't even fear it anymore. It's not about surviving the chamber, just winning the match.

That's not a good idea. The reason is the nature of the chamber matches. They are way too long. I am not saying that's a bad thing though. But when you have 6 of them, just think about it: You have to get 5 of the 6 guys eliminated, and its not like you can just throw them out from the top rope and get it done. If someone gets eliminated every 5 minutes, which actually means a top superstar to get pinned in mere 5 minutes, the match will take 25 minutes. With the breaks/entrances 6 of those matches will make it 3 hours. This will be quite a long PPV and it is still way too rushed. Don't forget that one of the essential part of elimination chamber is those 6 guys don't start straight away and when they do, they are not always in the action. So it will be practically impossible to finish an elimination chamber match in 25 minutes. If you see 25 minutes chamber matches back to back, just think about how rushed it will look like

While I like the idea of the tag-team EC, I agree with other posters that it has been watered down to the point of being boring. Of course i think they need to wittle down the PPVs to just 4( WrestleMania, of course, Survivor Series, Summer Slam, and Royal Rumble).

Too many of these match themed PPVs ruin the match and the overall product(see Money-in-the-Bank). Making the PPVs every 3 months or so would bring the numbers up and make the matches more important. Then you can have the gimmick matches and they would make more sense.

I personally see a Triple H vs. David Otunga match at Elimination Chamber where if Otunga wins John L continues with his job. CM Punk could easily wrestle two matches but I think they'll start to move Punk away from John L until post Mania

WWE_Elimination_Chamber_2012_Poster.jpg

So we're almost a week away from the second PPV of 2012, and the building blocks are already being put into place for Wrestlemania XVIII.
However, the Royal Rumble winner Sheamus has not got a match at the Elimination Chamber event, nor is he currently in a feud with any superstar.
So my friends, will, or should, the Great White have a match next Sunday just to keep the momentum going towards his eventual title match at Wrestlemania?

I'm undecided myself - this could end up being a situation where Sheamus is in an unannounced match just to keep up appearances, much like Del Rio vs. Kofi last year. In which case, you can put your money on Sheamus squashing McIntyre somewhere inbetween the two chamber matches.

Or, Sheamus could not appear on the card at all, much like Edge at the 2010 event. Thoughts please my fellow right honourable posters.

Almost certainly. I believe del Rio's little throwaway last year wasn't announced until just beforehand. It will be the same story with Sheamus. Certainly, one doesn't expect much. They've beaten Sheamus vs Jinder Mahal into the ground and I really hope they pick something a little more relevant than that. Sheamus could definitely match up with somebody from Raw, to keep it a little more interesting. Jack Swagger, perhaps? Admittedly I'd rather not see Swagger buried as the US Champion, but they've already shot his title reign in the foot, so why not? Drew McIntyre is also an option. I'd much prefer it be one of those two than a guy like Mahal. We'll see where they go with it, though. I would be very surprised not to see Sheamus wrestle at the Chamber PPV, so that the announcers can hype him up on PPV and everybody can see him get a dominating win heading into WrestleMania.

I was hoping they were going to build a mini feud with Sheamus and Christian for a match at the PPV. I heard Christian was ready to return at the Rumble but they kept him out for some reason. I was hoping Sheamus would put his #1 co. spot on the line in a match with Christian. There is still another week till the event so maybe it will still happen. If not I can see him in a squash match with jinder mahal or drew mcintyre.

i think since they are doing nothing relevant with big zeke or mason ryan they should turn one of them heel this week for a one time match against sheamus at the ppv. sheamus needs a big man to man handle quickly to prove dominance going into wrestlemania. ive just examined both rosters and couldnt find a relevant person that sheamus could beat to give him any more momentum that he already has.

He'll definitely appear at E.C. in some form or fashion, but most likely in a match. I can't really think of who he'd face, but I do believe he'll have a match on the card to keep him red hot on the road to Wrestlemania. Unfortunately, it probably won't be that exciting of a match, as he'll definitely win it, and he doesn't really have a strong feud going on with anyone at the moment. It'd be nice if they could cook something up for him this week to give any potential match he'll appear in a bit more relevance and steam. It'd be good if they built up something for him, but I can also easily see him appearing in an unannounced match at E.C. Either way, to answer your question, he'll probably have a match at E.C., he'll probably win, it probably won't have the best feel to it, but it will serve its purpose and keep him hot.

No Royal Rumble winner should wrestle on the Elimination Chamber PPV, it's the most pointless match to have on the card unless it's some sort of tag match with the champion they'll face at mania is involved, but other than that whats the point even, you know they'll win the match unless WWE pull a Rey jr and have them job and turn their WrestleMania match into a triple threat.

no point having him in a feud at present, seen as the night after EC he will be announcing which title he is going after, which will be the World Heavyweight Championship. Cannot see Sheamus challenging CM Punk or Chris Jericho for the WWE Title. With D.Bryan feud with Big Show all but over so Show can move on to Shaq, Bryan will somehow escape the EC still WH Champion, and Sheamus will pick him, thus giving them the match they had bumped from last years card.

Sheamus may have an inring segment pushing the point for viewers to tune into Raw tomorrow night to see who indeed he picks for his Mania match.

I believe Sheamus will not be in a match but will appear at Elimination Chamber. I love Sheamus' in ring performance and I think he is the closest thing WWE has to a dominant face. If Sheamus does choose to wrestle, I think he will appear in a match with a mid card talent and will most likely be the second or third match. Maybe a Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, or a Jack Swagger type.

I think he'll come out right as the last elimination chamber match finishes, announce who's title he's going for then give the champion a vicious beat down.

So, I expect the Raw elimination chamber to be first this year for the first time in a while.

i had a theory but it wont happen. this week sheamus works his way into the chamber. win the world heavyweight championship. challenges chris jericho for the wwe championship cm punk works his way into it so does daniel bryan making it a fatal four way for the titles at mania. unifying the titles(sheamus wins) ending the curse of the rumble.
only a dream.

i think since they are doing nothing relevant with big zeke or mason ryan they should turn one of them heel this week for a one time match against sheamus at the ppv. sheamus needs a big man to man handle quickly to prove dominance going into wrestlemania. ive just examined both rosters and couldnt find a relevant person that sheamus could beat to give him any more momentum that he already has.

Are you kidding? Sheamus hasn't lost a match fair & square in a while. He's turning into Orton, who also very rarely loses. If anything, they need to have a big guy like Ryan or Zeke really slow down Sheamus and show that he's not the most dominant guy in the WWE.

I think that Sheamus will be in a match against Drew McIntyre if he is going to be in a match but if he chooses not to wrestle i think he will either be involved in a backstage segment with the 2 Champs backstage or come out an Brogue Kick the WHC( Daniel Bryan) at the end of the Smackdown EC!

What if Punk loses the belt at EC - the Mania match with Jericho doesn't have to be for the championship so putting it on Miz/Ziggler or a special entrant for the "injured" R-truth to give the a reason to wrestle at Mania

If they go w/ an R truth injured story that would allow Sheamus to take his spot in the chamber otherwise I would just have him maybe do guest announcing for the 2 championship matches so he can "scout" his possible WM challange

If I were WWE, I would have the six World title participants argue about the Elimination Chamber just so Sheamus can come out and make fun of them and say he's probably going to win the title at WrestleMania... but they might be lucky because if he's itching for a real challenge, he'll face the WWE Champion instead. That would piss them off and then they'll ALL go after Sheamus. One by one, they will take him down. Cross Rhodes, Chokeslam, Khali Bomb, Wasteland, RKO and end it with Bryan applying the LeBell Lock. Then they fight between each other while Sheamus is taken out on a stretcher. While he's on the ramp, he gets off the stretcher to a cheer from the crowd and he'll limp to the back with a pissed off look on his face.

Then at the Chamber, he'll be on commentary for the WWE title match in the first match. Chris Jericho will go over and he'll have a stare down with Sheamus about WrestleMania while the announcers put over how Sheamus eliminated Jericho from the Rumble.

In the middle of the night, Sheamus will go over William Regal Regal in dominant fashion and immediately announce that he'll choose his WrestleMania opponent tomorrow night on Raw. He'll mention he's looking out for revenge.

The World title Elimination Chamber will be the main event, and the announcers will mention that Sheamus was supposed to be on commentary, but didn't make it. While all six members are in the ring, Sheamus will come out from the floorboards and nail every single one of them with chair shots. He'll roar for the crowd and leave the Chamber. He'll sit on the announce desk and watch the aftermath. Khali and Big Show leave first, Wade Barrett goes next, Cody is out, and that leaves both Randy and Bryan at the end. Bryan rolls Orton up for the pin and has a staredown with Bryan.

Next night on Raw, Sheamus chooses Bryan and beats him up.

On Smackdown, Teddy Long says that Sheamus assaulted every single member of the Elimination Chamber and changed the tide of the match and therefore, every single one of them will have a chance to join the Smackdown WrestleMania main event. All they have to do is beat Sheamus.

So every week, Sheamus will have to fend off each one of them or risk them joining his World title match. In the first week, Orton beats Sheamus in the main event to join the WrestleMania match.

In the next week, Sheamus beats Khali and has a staredown with Randy Orton.

In the following week, Sheamus beats The Big Show with help from Daniel Bryan who doesn't want more people in his WrestleMania match.

In the third week, Cody Rhodes beats Sheamus to join the WrestleMania match.

In the second-to-last week before WrestleMania, Sheamus beats Wade Barrett and solidifies that the WrestleMania match will be a Fatal 4 Way between Randy, Cody, Bryan and himself. The match is then announced as an Elimination Match.

At WrestleMania, Orton eliminates Cody, Bryan eliminates Orton, and Sheamus pins Bryan to win the World title.

Does he need a match?
No not really.

Will he have a match?
Yes, just like the last multiple months, a random match that no one will remember.

He'll definitely be there. He said himself on Smackdown that he was making his decision at Elimination Chamber after the matches were over. Will he have a match? Yeah, but against a nobody since all the main talent is in the 2 chamber matches.

Unless, and this won't happen, they have Christian come or Del Rio return this week and tell him the only reason he won the Rumble is because they weren't in it, setting up a match for Elimination Chamber. I don't understand why Christian's return is being held back when he was good to go for the Rumble. Now instead of him taking Henry's place they throw The Great Khali in there? Fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back