WWE Elimination Chamber General Discussion- Keep it All in Here!!!

Storyline wise, noone is guarenteed to be in either so it's not pointless. You're making it sound like talent has a choice between which match they want to be in, which they don't, they have to take what they can get.

It's another chance to get to that main event spot, and the losers set up there own rivalries or further them going into Mania as has been said

and there's a difference, one is a guarenteed shot at the title for only one person in the company, like the MITB briefcase

the other is a chance at winning the title on a subpar PPV and the last PPV chance to get to the WrestleMania main title match.

Meanwhile the winner of the Rumble, even if they lose E.C are still the number 1 contender unless that stipulation is in place, which it hasn't been to date.

I've been thinking the last few years, that they put a HUGE emphasis on the RR winner, and how they get to... headline WM (You know, being one of the opening matches and losing....)

But I never see much emphasis on the EC champion walking into WM with a title nearly guaranteed, is nearly as good, if not better than being a #1 contender at the big show.

I actually wish they'd bump WM up a week to late March, and have no PPV in between RR and WM, so the "Road to Wrestlemania" didn't have a pit stop that juggles to story halfway through, I think it hurts the overall build.

I do like the EC and the match concept, I just think the timing of it isn't exactly ideal.

In the days when they just had the big four shows Wrestlemania was the next big pay per view after the Rumble. Then the In Your Houses came and I remember they had matches like HBK putting up his Rumble win against Owen Hart or when Austin won the battle royal controversialy and they had a final four match in February. I never liked having those situations because I like when the Rumble has closure on that night.

I am a HUGE mark for the elimination chamber the first 3 were outstanding. Last year John Morrison was awe inspiring and Edge and Rey were outstanding. Having the Chamber in February does make the Road to Wrestlemania more jumbled. I would prefer if the Chamber happened another time during the year.

But I do agree with what a lot of people are saying The Rumble does deal with the #1 contender at Mania and the Chamber is about the belts, but as I said it does make those months leading up to mania seem jumbled and does make WM predictions more complicated for people who don't like that.

Let's think about this now. Would you rather go through having to outlast 29 other men in a over the top rope battle or try your luck in a chamber match against five other men? The elimination chamber PPV in my opinion makes the Rumble look really useless.

After the Rumble PPV there's most likely two chamber matches in which are either giving two title shots to mania(just incase the rumble winner wanted to jump the gun like cena did back in 08) or either two title matches. I know it's WWE's way to set up more Mania feuds but it just makes winning the Rumble look useless and uneeded when you can just try to qualify for this chamber match and either win the title or get a guaranteed title shot at mania. What does everyone else think?

I'd rather go through '29 other men'.

Firstly, in kayfabe, the Rumble is bout luck and chance. It's been proven that being a giant doesn't help you in the slightest because you're usually a target - same with anybody who would be extremely hard to eliminate (7 men eliminating Viscera?) and you don't know if you'll be #1 or #30 or just somewhere in the Rumble with friends/faction. The earlier entrants usually make it halfway, at least.

The Elimination Chamber is meant to inflict massive amounts of pain and punish the human body. The original promo with Bischoff talks about how no star will leave the 10 tonne steel structure the same. Despite being 'just 5 other men', it's not the length or duration that causes the fatigue like the Rumble does, it's the surroundings and the Chamber's environment.

Elimination Chamber/No Way Out is used to further feuds, and it does that very well. Whether or not the feud meets the denouement at WrestleMania, the February PPV, over the past few years, has put more intensity and plot turns in feuds.

In 2010, Shawn convinced Undertaker to a WrestleMania match - because he screwed him out of the title at Elimination Chamber.
In 2007, there was a match that main evented the No Way Out pay-per-view, and that was Undertaker & Batista vs John Cena & Shawn Michaels. It ended up being 'all turn on Taker'. No, of course Cena and Shawn would attack him - they wanted to win. They weren't being traitorous to each other, however, Batista was to Undertaker. After a Sweet Chin Music and an FU from Cena, Batista betrayed his then-partner.

This eventually escalated to SmackDown about Batista's lack of respect and sheer hatred and lack of care for The Undertaker, and allowed for more interesting promos, segments or vignettes.

Ok guys basically what I mean is that this PPV has devalued somewhat winning the rumble. I'd rather go back to No Way Out where there is more of a chance of unpredictability and allows for more of a real meaning if there is a #1 contender style match to see who goes on the face the other champion at mania. It also allows us to see other chamber matches throughout the year when it really calls for it.

Ok guys basically what I mean is that this PPV has devalued somewhat winning the rumble. I'd rather go back to No Way Out where there is more of a chance of unpredictability and allows for more of a real meaning if there is a #1 contender style match to see who goes on the face the other champion at mania. It also allows us to see other chamber matches throughout the year when it really calls for it.

Elimination Chamber serves as a last ditch effort for those who failed to win the Rumble, a definite World Title shot.

If Jericho wins the Rumble and Ziggler wins the WWE title, Jericho might challenge Ziggler. However, if Ziggler lost at Elimination Chamber, the title match would swap to Jericho vs the winner.

Likely, WWE would do what they did with Edge where he waits and waits until a 'better opportunity' - in 2010 they had Undertaker drop the belt, Jericho win because of Shawn and, ultimately, it pushed 2 feuds; Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels II and Edge vs Jericho.

Elimination Chamber serves as a last ditch effort for those who failed to win the Rumble, a definite World Title shot.

If Jericho wins the Rumble and Ziggler wins the WWE title, Jericho might challenge Ziggler. However, if Ziggler lost at Elimination Chamber, the title match would swap to Jericho vs the winner.

Likely, WWE would do what they did with Edge where he waits and waits until a 'better opportunity' - in 2010 they had Undertaker drop the belt, Jericho win because of Shawn and, ultimately, it pushed 2 feuds; Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels II and Edge vs Jericho.

I know it's the last ditch effort and that's the point of what I am trying to say. It's the Royal Rumble, it's suppose to feel if you have one it you get your world title shot at mania, I am saying it devalues that alittle when someone can easily just win another title shot or win the title less than a month later. Having a regular No Way Out PPV made things like No. 1 contender matches count for more because it wasn't advertised as a last ditch effort and it made for more entertainment.

Personally I'd like there to be just one Chamber match to decide the #1 contender for the title the Rumble winner is not challenging for, and have that brand's champion defend his title on the show in a regular match.

The other thing I'd do is have the Rumble winner and the champion he will face at Mania compete in a tag match, where their partner is "randomly" selected by the wrestlers pulling a name each from their brands roster out of that tumbler thing they used to use for drawing the Rumble entry numbers in the old days, on the Raw/SD after the Royal Rumble.

It devalues the rumble by putting the elimination chamber right after, it's lazy booking to be able to change the champion the month before just to make sure a feud works, it should have been set up far in advance, if anything I think the world title shouldn't be defended after the rumble until mania, it would make it mean a lot more and give 2 great months to continue the feud build

OP, I understand what you mean. It sort of does take away from the value of winning the Rumble.

On the other hand, I do like the EC matches. I think they should save it for either between WM and Summerslam or before the Survivor Series. I don't think they should dedicate a PPV to it either though, but use is sparingly.

on the one hand EC would be better served as a PPV later in the year but it does help the road to wrstlemania in furthering feuds and for better explaining last minute plans and changes for WM

But why should they get the oppotunity when they lost the Rumble. I am with Dynamite on this one because the Royal Rumble is what made Chris Benoit a main eventer and many others. If there was an elimination chamber before the maine event then it wouldn't of made the Rumble winners top tier stars. Plus it also takes a lot of build off the title matches which isn't something you want to do before the main event of WrestleMania!

Even if you do continue the build for the Rumble winner and the current champion then the Elimination chamber will have no build which will then sucks because the Chamber match is what makes the freaking PPV. It also makes it tough on the champion storyline wise because it doesn't really make sense for a champion to go through so much to get to main event. It's what the number one contender should do.

#Are you serious bro? The Rumble useless? What kind of crack are you smoking? Does the WWE promote the Elimination Chamber like they promote the Rumble? The Rumble guarantees the victor a main event spot! The Rumble give you over 2 months of build up to Mania! They dropped the ball last year with ADR, but the majority of Rumble winners get the rub, or the push to lead to Mania. EC winners are just another PPV victory!

Theoretically, you can have a title match on the very next night you win the World Title at the Elimination Chamber PPV and if you end up losing that match, you may not be able to go to WrestleMania. On the other hand winning the Rumble guarantees that you will be in a main event match at WrestleMania( or it is supposed to be that way, anyway). Being in the main event of WrestleMania is supposed to be the biggest thing in the business, possibly bigger than even winning the World Title, and only the Royal Rumble can give you the opportunity of doing that. Also you do not need me to tell you that winning the Rumble is much more prestigious than winning the Chamber.

Also it's not that the Elimination Chamber is in any way preferable to the Rumble. It's a dangerous match. It has been called the most sadistic structure in the WWE and you could suffer career-ending injuries in that match. It's also somewhat easier to throw a guy over the ropes than actually get him to pin or submit. I'd say that both matches are on equal footing due to a number of reasons. Or at least WWE would want you to think that anyway.

Not really. The Royal Rumble winner is guaranteed a shot at the championship of his choosing at WM. The holder of the WWE or World Heavyweight Championships come Rumble time might not have the title come WM.

Last year, Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble but he didn't participate in the SD! Elimination Chamber match at the EC ppv. He was in a singles match against Kofi Kingston. Booking of the upcoming EC matches might depend upon who walks out of the Rumble match as the winner and which championship they intend to challenge for. If Jericho wins tonight and decides he wants to go for the WWE Championship, that doesn't mean that he'll be entered into the Raw EC match at the ppv. Maybe Sheamus will win or Randy Orton will, and will go after the WHC at WM but might not be in the SD! EC match. The Rumble sets up one half of a World Championship main event for WM, but the WWE & WHC pictures don't simply come to a stop. There will still be other viable contenders waiting in the wings for their title opportunities between the end of the Rumble tonight and the start of WM. The winner has his one guaranteed shot at a title on a certain day, but the main event title scenes will still be going on for everyone else.

I disagree. I think the Elimination Chamber is a good way to enhance the results of the Royal Rumble, to accent them. While the Rumble winner gets to sit back and have an easier match, his opponent at WrestleMania will have to go through what is the most beastly structure in wrestling. If anything, it makes winning the Royal Rumble look even more valuable. Think about it, would you rather face Kofi Kingston in a one-on-one match, or face the likes of John Cena, Kane, and all kinds of other main eventers, inside the most unforgiving structure wrestling has to offer? You'd much rather face the smaller challenge, get taxed less, and go on to face the champion (whoever it may be) at 'Mania.

The Elimination Chamber is the perfect way to advance angles and really show what winning the Royal Rumble is worth. Most of the time, your Rumble winner isn't going to jump the gun and try to get into the Chamber as, kayfabe-wise, it is the worst possible match there is. The Elimination Chamber, from a booking standpoint, gives the WWE flexibility. What if you've been building toward one match, but your champion gets injured? Shuffle the belt off to someone else. That way, if the injury isn't too bad, they can leave him in the match, but he can have a smaller work load (triple threat), or take him out all together.

I'm a fan of the Elimination Chamber and while it may be a "throw away" PPV, it's pivotal on the road from the Rumble to WrestleMania. I don't agree with the idea that it shortens the build to WrestleMania, as it really doesn't. If anything, it serves as a way to intensify builds and feuds in a way that regular TV, a la Raw or Smackdown, cannot offer.

A couple of people have mentioned it already, but the key to the Royal Rumble is not that you win a shot at the title, it is that you win a shot at the title of your choosing at Wrestlemania. The Elimination Chamber is a chance to win the title or a shot at the title, but regardless of who walks out of the Chamber with the belt, the Royal Rumble winner already knows that they are going to be in the main event at Mania. Put into football terms (although the parallel isn't really there, but the Pro Bowl was tonight as well) the six men in the EC all made the Playoffs, and the winner of the chamber is going to the Super Bowl. The guy who won the Rumble advanced directly to the Super Bowl without having to bother with the playoffs (EC). So no, I don't think it devalues it at all.

This could easily be a match at the Elimination Chamber PPV. We know that HHH is coming to raw where he is going to review the job of Laurinaits.

Obviously Ziggler would want Laurinaits to remain as GM so he comes to his defense. This leads to punk coming out and getting involved. This could lead to this tag team match where if HHH & Punk win then HHH becomes GM whereas if Laurinaits & Ziggler wins then Laurinaits becomes permanent GM.

The elimination chamber match could be a number one contender match ( Y2J, The Miz, Truth, Swagger, Kofi Kingston, Clay , Del Rio, Kane) could all be involved.

It's possible that the match could go down. Personally, I hope it doesn't though because it just doesn't sound like it'd be all that good.

For all intents & purposes, it'll mostly be a handicap match with Trips & Punk against Ziggler. I doubt Big Johnny has what it takes to be a viable force in the ring these days and it just doesn't seem particularly interesting to me. JL does a good job with what they have him doing now. He's a corporate goon that's hungry for power & influence. It works well for him. Besides, having an old authority figure step into the ring as a competitor is something I'm just plain tired of. It's been done to death and it just doesn't come off as exciting.

If they do have the Raw EC match as a means of determining the #1 contender to face Punk at WM for the WWE Championship, I'd definitely prefer to see another 1 on 1 match between Punk & Ziggler.

I'm guessing they're going to somehow try to fit Jericho into this storyline. So it will probably be Jericho and Zigger vs. Punk and Triple H tonight. With John L. and Stephanie McMahon in the corner of Jericho and Ziggler.

Great find, thanks!!

This tells us a few things:

1) It's going to be Punk vs. Jericho for the belt at Wrestlemania with Punk likely being the champ. Since Jericho is involved in the Elimination Chamber match, he's not going to be in a storyline with the undertaker.

2) That confirms pretty much what we already knew, Sheamus is going for the world title.

3) Undertaker is most likely fighting Triple H AGAIN at Wrestlemania.

Is Undertaker going to be at Wrestlemania for sure ? I enjoyed the match against Triple H last year but to be honest it wasn't half as good as the HBK/Taker matches. The only way I see HHH/Taker 2 is if HHH puts his career on the line.

Well, I think it was going to be either Jericho or Triple H. Since Jericho appears to be feuding with Punk, that leaves Triple H.

I would love for it to be Orton vs. Undertaker again but I just don't think they're going to do that.

I like the idea of Trips vs. Taker III being a career ending match with HBK as guest ref.

there's one issue with hhh vs taker for streak vs career. the wwe probably want to keep hhh wrestling once in a while, like he has been every couple months.

Great find, thanks!!

This tells us a few things:

1) It's going to be Punk vs. Jericho for the belt at Wrestlemania with Punk likely being the champ. Since Jericho is involved in the Elimination Chamber match, he's not going to be in a storyline with the undertaker.

2) That confirms pretty much what we already knew, Sheamus is going for the world title.

3) Undertaker is most likely fighting Triple H AGAIN at Wrestlemania.

You are most definitely right about the Punk/Jericho part, which I am glad to death they didn't scrap and give us this Triple H/Punk BS at WM. This is just to offer a scenario that could play out at EC. But, with Kane probably facing Cena at EC, I can see Undertaker's gong and the lights going out during this match setting up Kane/Undertaker at WM28. It would be the perfect way to transition Cena out of this feud and go on to The Rock, but we will probably get Triple H/Undertaker and Zack Ryder will return at EC to get his revenge on Kane leading up to Ryder/Kane at WM28.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back