What made Sting finally step in a WWE ring?

Money. If he can still work and the offer is great without too much of a commitment, why not? Also it could be to help the industry since 2014 is pretty bad for the top two wrestling promotions in America. WWE is struggling changing their revenue model and TNA is basically struggling for scraps.

This basically. Everyone who thought Bret came back to bury the hatchet with Vince & co. were wrong I think, main reason was because Vince owned Bret's career and, to an extent, life's work. Better to play ball with the guy and get your story told in a complimentary fashion so that future generations can look back at what you did than go the other way.

I remember reports months before Bret's Hall of Fame entry and DVD package that stated that a Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior style DVD was in the works for the Hitman called something like Screwed: The Bret Hart Story. I genuinely think Bret was pretty much told that would be his legacy unless he came back and that's what swung it.

For Sting I guess he has a choice of working with them and getting a Sting: Definitive Collection style boxset or probably he gets nothing at all. Sting is just packed away as just a part of the WCW story and in about twenty years time most have forgotten he ever existed.

Yes and no.

They definitely planned the "Screwed" DVD, maybe even as a ploy, which is what made Bret ultimately decide to control his own legacy. But in Bret's case, carrying that kind of anger and resentment is unhealthy. Yes, he had some financial gain, but also burying the hatchet with Vince, and Shawn to a lesser extent was a big part of Bret moving on from a personal level as well.

For Sting, it is similar. Yes, he gets to ensure his legacy and life's work gets showcased in DVD's, video games, video packages, etc. But there is a professional gain for Sting as well in this case. Sting has wanted to work for WWE for at least 10 years now, he just never found the right deal, and was of course worried about being used properly. But it is a personal goal for him as well to appear at WrestleMania. Let's not downplay that Sting wants this for himself just as much as we do.

Why not have a run with WWE? It will be decent money, not too heavy a workload and he probably likes the "big company" feel working for WWE, which he hasn't been able to have since WCW days.

Plus the guy is very well respected. He is known for being unselfish in the ring and doesn't try hog the limelight ala Hogan. As such I don't think he will have professional or personal beef in WWE.

Going back to his willingness to put guys over (like with AJ in TNA) he could be used in such a role in a mentor-competitor-peer storyline with a younger star. He could end up playing a big part NXT eventually

obviously, money. And HHH in charge now, Sting would have seen the returns of Bruno Sammartino and Ultimate Warrior, things nobody thought would ever happen. Sting has apparently balked in the past because he didnt want WWE fucking his ;egacy and gimmick like the rest of the WCW guys who came over in 2001-2003. Now in 2014, Sting was obviously able to sign a contract he set the terms to. There will be a HOF induction and a Mania moment, and the guy deserves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back