Will Vince Make Yet Another Attempt At Sting?

id love to see sting face the undertaker at wrestlemania but honestly i cant see sting making the jump he seems to be pretty happy in orlando im sure hes got 1 of the biggest paychecks there and hes gotta be pretty damn high on the totem poll while part of me wants to see him make the jump another part of me says nah sting needs to stay in tna where hes reached greatness

i think he will it the last bit of WCW Vince has never had and we all know what Vince's ego is like for him he needs to have sting in a WWE ring if he does it soon he will retire right away. I think he will feel he failed if he never got sting. Sting i think is getting interested as he showed last year be it for big money (witch he probably doesn't need) of just to retire in the big leagues and no fault to tna but imo sting will not get the goodbye he deserves in tna when he does he will only get that in wwe again that no fault of tna's it fact because wwe has a bigger fan base bigger tv and is the top company in the sport. Who knows maybe hogan and eric and ric in his ear about it tell him to go.

you're only as good as the "partner you dance with" so as far as what caliber of performance Sting pulls off remains to be seen.

will take alot for Sting to leave his comfort zone of TNA

I'm sure Vince will keep trying -- and I suppose there's a very good reason to, Sting is a legend in this business -- but does he really need to, at this point? Sting vs Undertaker would have been ridiculous a little over a year ago; I remember all the intense speculation surrounding those 2/21/11 vignettes, and it was damn exciting. When it turned out it wasn't Sting, most people shrugged it off, but some people still think Sting and the WWE need to work together, but I don't get why. Sting will be in the WWE Hall of Fame when all is said and done, having never wrestled in a WWE ring. Sting has become a legend in this business without ever having to rely on the WWE machine and at this stage of his career, I don't think he really wants/needs to make the jump over -- even if it is just for one payday.

Look, I'm sure it would be a cool thing to see, but it's not practical. Sting gets paid -- and will likely re-sign -- and he barely has to work. Sting has done a lot for TNA, but they've done a lot for him too. He can dictate his direction in that company, he can wrestle, he can talk, etc. Vince would definitely give him a light schedule, but I don't think it will ever happen. They came close last year, but that broke down -- that was likely the best opportunity the two sides will ever have. Not only that, but I just don't see where Sting fits. I know he's a legend, but you don't need to throw him into the product just for the sake of having him.

I would love it if Sting got in the hall of fame, but at this point I think the time has past for a Sting/Undertaker match at Mania. Like another poster said, Sting will not end the streak, and that itself takes a lot of luster away from the match. If it happened five years ago I would have been for it, but not now. Right now I just hope they can agree on something so Sting can be in the HOF.

I don't see it happening at Wrestlemania 29, or at any event in the foreseeable future. TNA reportedly signed Sting to a newer contract recently, and that alone locks him up, probably through WM 29.

Also, I just don't think Sting is dying to come to WWE. He's had countless opportunities, countless offers, and at the end of the day, each time WWE has tried to sign him, he's found another offer, or reason to decline. Yes, he is one of, if not the last of the 'icons' that is still working steadily in the business, and he hasn't faced Undertaker, but bringing in someone like Sting for a match with Taker, especially a WM match where the Streak should be center stage, is a bad idea. Sting would overshadow Undertaker, The Streak, and the mystique and allure it brings to Wrestlemania each year.

Also, WWE is on to something with the idea of The Streak matches tying in to Undertaker's storied WWE career. We saw it with Triple H, Shawn Michaels, it creates a kind of tension, and allows for a degree and depth of storytelling that a non WWE talent, with no history with Taker can bring to the match at this stage in Taker's career.

Lastly, while I respect Sting, I'm not sure he can 'go' at the level someone should be able to go for a match with Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Yeah, they could dress it up with stipulations and some added distractions, but Sting has really gone through the paces over the last few years, be it no fault of his own. He's had injuries, he's not the young man he once was, and I'm not sure he's in a place where a 30 minute match with Undertaker, which these days are spot filled, high tempo matches is something he's fully prepared or ready for.

I'd love to see Sting in the HOF, and I'd love to see him find a way in the door with WWE, but I don't think it's with Undertaker, and sadly, I just don't think it's going to happen.

The best they'd be able to do with Sting is shuffle him into PPVs, but he really lacks the "star power" of someone like The Rock, or even HHH or the Undertaker, to make that worthwhile. His time is simply over.

53 is alot better then 63 which is Flair's age and I know Hogan was 48 or 49 when he took the Rock on. If he gets in better shape and speeds up and the Undertaker does likewise I would see a point in watching a fued with the two of them. But wrestlers are JUST NOT TIMELESS. Alot of this stuff should had been done at least 4 years ago but obviously 11 years ago. Even Flair in 2001 still seemed alright to watch in WCW.. As far as Sting refering to the "Ric Flair treatment" as another poster claimed he did in a book or somethin I would say that Flair in 1992 was a weak WWF champion. It seemed rushed, it seemed interim, it seemed like it would end quickly. Something just always seemed off about it and it also showed that having the title does not always make you the man or mean your at the top.

I don't know what Sting has to offer. If he was in WWE right now, what would he really be doing? Fighting Johnny Ace for control? Feuding with Sheamus? Nah, not for me.

To answer your question: Yes I hope so.

To add some thoughts on how I think it should go down, I would like to say a few things.

In relation to Undertaker, I think 20-0 is where the streak should end, that ending at WM28 was perfect. They shouldn't ever have anybody beat the streak and 20-0 is a nice number to end on, if they keep going then I would like to see it end at 25-0 but I can't see another 5 matches for Taker.

If Sting got involved with Taker and it is a Mania match it will be obvious Taker will win, and if he doesn't I don't think Sting should be the guy to finally join WWE after all these years and end something so huge.

If Sting gets involved in a WM match with Undertaker for WM29, then there is only one way I could see it end to finally put Undertaker to retirement and that is this series events below:

1. Neither Undertaker or Sting are seen, but Demonic and Dark promos start airing around Royal Rumble time, or during the build up to the Rumble.

These promos are for both the Undertaker and Sting but neither of them gives away the true identity of either person. Haven't thought these out yet but if you use your immagination you could figure something out, off the top of my head I'm thinking of dark graveyard scenes for taker as usual, but then there is also promos with scorpions, crows etc. But the signs are mixed this would add huge entrigue because nobody knows if they are for Taker or Sting.

Royal Rumble comes, the biggest names are in the ring (who aren't in the main events etc.) The countdown is on, The lights go out, an image of a scorpion appears on the screen as number 27 enters. But the lights do not go back on until the ring has been cleared and the entrant has left the ring and left behind a black baseball bat.

Number 28 and 29 enter followed by number 30 and we have a triple threat scenario between whatever 3 guys you want.

The next night on Raw the Scorpion appears on the screen again the lights go out and Sting enters the ring. He doesn't cut a promo he just looks at the Wrestlemania sign as they do the lights go out and he is gone again.

Next week Undertaker appears to announce his retirement but he is interrupted by Sting who is in the rafters of the arena (yes perhaps this has been done too many times but it is a classic Sting scenario)

He shouts down at the Undertaker that he will not let him the WWE until he has had a chance to end the streak.

Various mind games commence during the build up to wrestlemania and then the night is finally here.

The match starts with the high impact moves of both Sting and Taker, both men wearing eachover down, the most back and fourth/even match up you have ever seen.

Both men throwing their famous power punches, both men getting the other into the corners of the ring and running at eachover with the big Taker clothesline or the Stinger splash.

After the intitial outburst as always the pace will begin to slow and the storytelling will commence.

I think the match has to be no holds barred or similar to allow use of the baseball bat and chairs etc for my idea to play out.

There is no winner, atleast not on the night, these guys literally cannot stop the other one, no last ditch submission, no tombstone and no scorpion death drop that leads to a pin. Both men have to be taken away on stretchers, no winner, the referee had to stop the match.

The next night on Raw, we see Sting looking for Taker in the back, trying to find him (The Raw that follows WM is always in the same place right? not so far fetched) He finds him and although he can barely move and undertaker looks in no fit state to fight they agree to settle it in the ring tonight, it is the main event a long gruelling match-up pretty much picking up where we left off the night before.

Sting proves to be slightly stronger, manages to catch Taker with the baseball bat and pins Undertaker for the win.

Undertaker can now can retire 20-0 having lost in a huge match that didn't happen at Wrestlemania.

I don't know what the plans are for Taker but I can't see him doing too many more matches, and like I said I think the WM28 finish should be excactly that.

Or go a different route with Sting and if the Undertaker does want to retire, do it at Summerslam or Survivor Series and have him win there. You could have Kane then put Sting to bed and tie up everything nicely.

I don't understand the hype behind Sting. It would have made sense during the Monday Night wars, but Sting is now 53 years old. His best days are behind him and the interest in seeing him wrestle will fade very, very quickly.

Vince probably will make attempts at Sting, but his offers will be progressive less as time goes on - if he's smart. It's just not worth signing Sting to a multi-million dollar contract (as he'll most likely request) just to see a few more tickets at a couple PPVs. There's no way Vince can get a good return on his investment.

It's just not worth signing Sting to a multi-million dollar contract (as he'll most likely request) just to see a few more tickets at a couple PPVs. There's no way Vince can get a good return on his investment.

This^

You guys have to take money into consideration. This "Dream Match" is 10 years overdue... It's not worthwhile. It's not going to happen. The WWE has no reason to make it happen. The only crowd it would draw are people who are already big-time wrestling fans... ie: people who are going to pay for the PPV or buy tickets to the event regardless of what happens.

This thread can die now.

"The only crowd it would draw are people who are already big-time wrestling fans"

that's a very good point as Sting is probably only really known by the diehard wrestling fans

**and yeah at 53 years old Sting doesn't seem to have a lot of time left

if Sting's out, that really limits Taker's potential WM options as Lesnar and Cena have also been suggested

but Brock could be feuding with The Rock ... and well Cena coming off back to back Mania losses, I dunno if he'd be a good choice to take on Taker @ 29

I say it's too late. WWE has nothing to gain from Sting. Sure it would bring in a couple extra viewers and it would be crazy to see Sting on WWE TV, but it just doesn't make sense. All the hype last year about those Undertaker promos possibly being Sting, and then it turning out just to be Taker, just kind've killed it for me. I don't see where Sting would fit in.

Vince needs to stop. TNA needs Sting. Not as in if he left TNA would crumble, but there would be a gap. To be honest TNA wouldnt seem right without Sting. He's the most successful wrestler to have never been in the WWE, something tells me he wouldnt want to give up that title.

Vince needs to stop. TNA needs Sting. Not as in if he left TNA would crumble, but there would be a gap. To be honest TNA wouldnt seem right without Sting. He's the most successful wrestler to have never been in the WWE, something tells me he wouldnt want to give up that title.

And on the flipside Sting will NEVER be a Wrestling icon until he wrestles for WWE. They are the biggest company in the industry. Sting has been a part of the minors all his career apart from 96-98.

Sting isn't relevant anymore anyway. TNA's fanbase is tiny and the Wrestling fans of the 80s and 90s when Sting was relevant have grown up or started watching UFC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back