Raw's 02/21/11 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought that once RAW aired last night all this detective work would stop at least for a few days. If you look close enough at 2/21/11 it could say this or that and whatever else you want it to mean, and if you put 8008 in a calculator it spells boob so go find some meaning in that. Those promos aired more than six times, they also aired each promo during commercial spots for Superstars on WGN. so thats what about 10 times roughly? lets see, sting used to climb atop his oppenents on the turnbuckle and punch them 10 times so ya see it has to signify his return! I was hoping for Sting and still have a shread of hope, though I won't be upset when he doesn't show, please give it a rest.. at least for a couple weeks

Alot of people in this thread who disected the videos...they look complete idiots now. "Bats", "Scorpions"....lol

Said all along it was Taker vs Triple H. We all knew it was that anyway. I hope it isnt career vs streak though.

I don't feel like an idiot for dissecting the videos, but I didn't see scorpions or hidden messages.

I did see the bat that Yankee presented, even went back and paused it to examine it, but really, Sting was a long shot. I knew that, but there was still a small possibility. No big deal to me.

I just wonder what Sting's future will be.

By the looks of it, the videos of 2/21/11 were all about 'Taker and no one else. Maybe the "person" outside of the cabin was infact 'Taker's "soul" or "power".

Let me explain, when we saw 'Taker in the cabin he looked pretty sad and powerless, we then then see "someone" walking into the cabin, so my guess it would be 'Taker's spirit/power or whatever you like returning to him because last night on Raw when the countdown got to 0 and he slammed open the door he looked like his "powers" had returned, thats my theory anyway.

There could also be time for another swerve... maybe, imagine if Stings signs this week and on Raw another video is shown...

What you guys think??

By the looks of it, the videos of 2/21/11 were all about 'Taker and no one else. Maybe the "person" outside of the cabin was infact 'Taker's "soul" or "power".

Let me explain, when we saw 'Taker in the cabin he looked pretty sad and powerless, we then then see "someone" walking into the cabin, so my guess it would be 'Taker's spirit/power or whatever you like returning to him because last night on Raw when the countdown got to 0 and he slammed open the door he looked like his "powers" had returned, thats my theory anyway.

There could also be time for another swerve... maybe, imagine if Stings signs this week and on Raw another video is shown...

What you guys think??

anyone notice on the 3rd promo there were 4 guys... 3 in the house and one outside , maybe this represents hbk hhh and taker already in wwe (hbk in hall of fame ) and sting slowly walking to the wwe.

What you guys think??

I would've bet the house that Sting was WWE bound but the fact of the matter is that you cannot deny the facts which are crystal clear, Sting is 52 years old and wants a limited schedule, also WWE does not seem to care about the history as they are going forward with their brand and there doesn't seem to be any evident factors that would make us think otherwise. If they cared about dream matches Sting would've challenged Taker and not HHH. WWE is going to force feed us their brand of entertainment which means WWE guys wrestling in their brand of entertainment which stinks considering that they could lure more fans with more themes of the past such as a small WCW resurrection but I don't see that happening ever again now. They are going with their target audience of kids which do not care about the past and are leaving the die hards, Sheamus, Barrett, Kane and the rest in the lurches. Facts are facts and if they would've entered Sting into the frey he would've had to earn his WWE stripes meaning that he would have to pay his dues and work the mid-card matches and full-time as did other WCW the WWE will not let him wrestle a marquee match his first WWE match.
The most we can hope for now is maybe a WWE main event mafia team of Big Show, Diesel, Booker T, and maybe Sting taking on the Corre but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

if my above post is correct how about this for a event. next week on raw undertakes does his slow enterance towards the ring, he challenges hhh to wm rematch. then everything turns green as the fans cheer. dx's music hits with a flood a cheers, out comes dx x-pac(if he can come lol) kane (with long mask ) barrett and the rest of corre chyna and the new age outlaws aswell , they all look up as a flood of slime falls on taker, they all rush to ring and brutally assult taker ( bring blood in the mix ) everyone starts roaring with boos, next comes cena miz cole and riley to help the new dx(good for a cena heel turn , also it was all a plan that cena vs miz so dx steal the show) next comes king(same with the plan with cole), next nexus come and hit taker (again with the plan). then the lights go off, stings most epic music (wat ever the f'k that is) plays and sting is on the rafters with his bat , the crowd roar that loud that sting allmost falls of , also what happens is a kid in the crowd says "who is this man?"

I would've bet the house that Sting was WWE bound but the fact of the matter is that you cannot deny the facts which are crystal clear, Sting is 52 years old and wants a limited schedule, also WWE does not seem to care about the history as they are going forward with their brand and there doesn't seem to be any evident factors that would make us think otherwise. If they cared about dream matches Sting would've challenged Taker and not HHH. WWE is going to force feed us their brand of entertainment which means WWE guys wrestling in their brand of entertainment which stinks considering that they could lure more fans with more themes of the past such as a small WCW resurrection but I don't see that happening ever again now. They are going with their target audience of kids which do not care about the past and are leaving the die hards, Sheamus, Barrett, Kane and the rest in the lurches. Facts are facts and if they would've entered Sting into the frey he would've had to earn his WWE stripes meaning that he would have to pay his dues and work the mid-card matches and full-time as did other WCW the WWE will not let him wrestle a marquee match his first WWE match.
The most we can hope for now is maybe a WWE main event mafia team of Big Show, Diesel, Booker T, and maybe Sting taking on the Corre but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Gotta agree with you there, these days WWE are more directed to kids, so they wont know who Sting is, yeah lets hope to a "mafia team" at 'Mania, but it isn't looking good, maybe they could fit in another swerve???

"who is this scorpion man?" to his parent than his parent hits the kid. sting comes down and brutally hits everyone like he did with the nWo. he cleans house and either helps up taker or hits him with the scorpion death drop or death lock. helping up taker will make him sin his 1st ppv match but attacking will make him stronger as he can lose to taker (american badass not big evil or deadman) .

Sting isn't coming guys. I was a huge Sting fan and even went as him for halloween when i was little. Like i said there is a hidden image in the promo. There is a bird on the wall next to the door that glows when the lightning flashes. I said this represents the vulture that came out with taker when he first showed. I also stated that sting did this as well. Here is the kicker guys, the cowboy boots. Sting never wore cowboy boots in promos or wrestling. He always wore the standard wrestling boots or strapped biker boots. Now did anyone beside me notice or what about Raw. Did anybody notice that HHH was wearing cowboy boots? Yes, on his feet as he did his water mist he had on black cowboy boots. The trenchcoat is very smart to wear in a downpour so maybe HHH didn't wanna get his super tight shirt wet? Besides Stings trench coat was alway leather or pleather. The one in the promo did not appear to be. Of course look at Taker's coat material. In short the promos make no sense and just got me excited over something they could have just dropped out of nowhere without any teasers. Promos are to debut someone or to pump up people about a return from a prolonged absence. THis all has made me go insane. From "YES STING!:worship: to :wtf: and ending with :banghead:

I just rewatched it on youtube, the Taker and HHH return, you are right he is wearing some sort of cowboy boots. but i think the point of all this, is those 2/21/11 promos were VERY Misleading, wether by design or not. Maybe WWE was testing the waters with Sting to see how much hype it generated, maybe not, we will never really know.

But again it was a little impossible not to get involved with the Sting hype, again like many i started believing there may be a chance, but obviously not.

But still HHH vs Taker at WM will be great, and their silent promo last night was good and wether or not they can top their match at WM17, or Taker vs HBK will remained to be seen, either way WM is shaping up nicely this year. I'm not fully disappointed to see HHH vs Taker, a little for the fact of the hype surrounding these promos, a little with the fact we have seen Taker vs HHH recently as well, when HHH was drafted to Smackdown, which is a lot less of a gap then HBK vs Taker had, but in all honesty who is left that is believable on the current WWE roster to take on Taker at WM and make you believe they could actually End his Streak? Not many, and i think that is the key in promoting Taker at WM now until his eventual retirement. HHH vs Taker will be good, the only other match i am looking forward to for the actual match is Orton vs C.M Punk, Miz and Cena will be ok but for actual wrestling ability so far the other 2 seem a lot better.

On a side note, who else seeing that Taker symbol in the background thought Sting was gonna appear on that, he didn't i know but seriously if the lights went out for a few seconds after Taker removed his hat, and came back on and Sting was standing on top of that Symbol, i would've marked the fuck out. Then they proceeded to do a similar silent promo to hint at the match at WM would have been good.

Anyway Sting talk needs to die down i think, we all should just accept not what could have been, and accept what actually IS, fun to have ideas and stuff about Sting but, people do need to realise Taker vs HHH is a worthy match.

How about this for a scenario: HBK is the special referee for the Triple H vs. Undertaker match. Leading up to 'Mania he says he will be fair and unbiased, but somethings happen that lead Trips and Taker to believe he will be one side or the other at different times. Then when the match actually is happening, HBK is calling it down the middle the whole time until Trips is in big trouble and BAM he hits Taker with SCM. HBK drags Trips over and puts his arm over Taker, gets down and gets ready to count and then the lights go out....they turn back on and Sting is in the ring with his bat, and he takes out HBK. Trips then gets up and starts coming towards Sting, with the Stinger threatening him with his bat, Undertaker pops up out of nowhere, spins Trips around and nails the tombstone. The lights go out again, and when they come back on, Sting is gone but a new referee is in the ring and makes the 3 count for Undertaker. The next night on Raw, Triple H reveals that the only way his career would end is if HBK counted the pin or submission as it was in the contract he signed for the match. Therefore, Trips doesn't have to retire, and Undertaker goes 19-0.

How about this for a scenario: HBK is the special referee for the Triple H vs. Undertaker match. Leading up to 'Mania he says he will be fair and unbiased, but somethings happen that lead Trips and Taker to believe he will be one side or the other at different times. Then when the match actually is happening, HBK is calling it down the middle the whole time until Trips is in big trouble and BAM he hits Taker with SCM. HBK drags Trips over and puts his arm over Taker, gets down and gets ready to count and then the lights go out....they turn back on and Sting is in the ring with his bat, and he takes out HBK. Trips then gets up and starts coming towards Sting, with the Stinger threatening him with his bat, Undertaker pops up out of nowhere, spins Trips around and nails the tombstone. The lights go out again, and when they come back on, Sting is gone but a new referee is in the ring and makes the 3 count for Undertaker. The next night on Raw, Triple H reveals that the only way his career would end is if HBK counted the pin or submission as it was in the contract he signed for the match. Therefore, Trips doesn't have to retire, and Undertaker goes 19-0.

I don't think that exact scenario would happen, or anything like it, but I have been wondering if WWE might try to sign Sting and have him somehow be involved in the Undertaker/Triple H match at Wrestlemania.

I was thinking more like, after Undertaker defeats Triple H, he (Undertaker) is doing his usual posing in the ring (kneeling, eyes rolling back, tongue sticking out, etc). Then, the arena goes dark. A spotlight shines up to the rafters and there's a dark figure staring down at Undertaker. The lights come back on and 'Taker has a stunned look in his eyes.

Now this sets up a few different scenarios.
A.) They build to an Undertaker versus Sting match at Summerslam (that way, in theory, Sting could actually win).
B.) It somehow sets up a match for Wrestlemania NEXT year (Sting is best with year long builds, lol).
Or C.) Both.

Basically, you have Sting and Undertaker feud throughout the year. While Undertaker simply goes on with business getting revenge on Kane, Barrett, etc., Sting makes appearances here and there to cost him victories or simply annoy him. Sting's debut match would be at Summerslam where he'd score the pinfall over 'Taker. After that, Undertaker could do his usual sabbatical and Sting could go on to do a few other programs (I'm thinking Kane, Edge, Punk/Nexus). Around the time of Wrestlemania 28, Undertaker would return (like he did this year) and challenge Sting to yet another Streak vs. Career match.

It may be too obvious, but it works. WWE gets their money's worth from Sting. Sting gets a victory over Undertaker and looks good, so the job to him at WM doesn't appear as bad. Sting can keep his schedule light with no house shows until after Summerslam, and then from there, he'd work an HBK style schedule (which basically would only run about half a year). Finally, the build for the big 'Mania match where Sting jobs to 'Taker and then (finally) retires.

The only real issue here is the one that's been plaguing this whole situation from the start: Would Sting EVER sign with WWE? Get past that hurdle and it's clear sailing! ;)

I have been thinking about this since it was revealed that it is indeed the Undertaker. Vince has obviously seen all the talk and excitement that 2/21/11 has generated. If I were Vince and saw how excited everyone was getting about Sting, I would be on the phone immediately doing whatever it took to get him signed, at least for a match at Wrestlemania. Why does Vince not pay attention to what the fans want? Why does he always think he knows what we want? He could get so much money and publicity and increase the Wrestlemania buys by signing Sting. Thoughts?

Thank God it's all over and we don't have to talk about Sitng anymore.

Wait, were still talking about him?

Sting is not coming people. It was all hope, no real confirmation of reasoning for it. Why would Sting face Undertaker? Becuase they both wear black? Their both kinda dead? Give me a break.

All the dirtsheet's rumor's were all just hope and false speculation. The thing's from wrestling.wordpress.org, impactwrestling.com, were all just false hope.

Hell, the only thing that had any revelance was the Wrestling Obsever Newletter post about Sting not having any talk's with WWE.

Sting is not coming. The reasoning behind the 2/21/11 thing being so big was probably becuase of it being for Triple H's return as well.

Sting has not signed a 1 year contract, has not been in talk's with WWE, hasn't even said a word about the whole thing. Hell, maybe he's retired. Ever think of that?

And to mlktwo, what fan's were excited? The internet fan's were WWE openly does'nt cares about? If you noticed, diring the whole 2/21/11 RAW ther was not one single "Sting" chant. Vince does'nt know what we want, neither do we. If we were getting Taker/Sting at WM, there would be people complaining and whining, "there so old, Sting's fat, the match is gonna suck." Nobody know's what they want anymore.

Hell, we got The Rock! Is'nt that enough for you people? We also has the return of Undertaker and Triple H last RAW.

If Sting ever show's up, sure I'll be shocked. But don't blame WWE, blame yourself's. All your false hope and speculation of a guy who was never signed by WWE was the only reason you people feel disappointed and bitter at a company trying to build a return of not one, but two legend's. 2/21/11 was alway's for Undertaker.

fantastic to see triple h & taker back on the same night mania should be good the rock hosting & those two going 1 on 1

Now that the smoke's cleared, I believe the vignette was filmed to make Taker be more ghostly, more of an apparition. That's why it appeared to be different people.

And apparently, Taker did shave a bit, as we see his facial hair was shorter than usual, so it was not HBK or HHH.

But Sting going to the WWE isn't an impossibility, because no one knows if he's really talked to WWE, no one knows the man's future, no one knows what can happen with Steve Borden. He hasn't even come out and said a thing, so really, no one can say with absolute confidence, that he is or isn't coming to WWE. WWE is PG, something that's good for Sting's adamant stance on the former raunchiness of the Attitude era not fitting into his personal beliefs, for one thing. The handling of his character is a different thing, but I don't think Vince, or anyone handling the writing would screw up Sting's character. The character takes on a life of its own. In weeks, we've already built assumptions on what would go down if 2/21/11 was in fact Sting. He would need little build up for his character to stick.

Maybe this Thursday's impact will air a pre-taped vignette that wasn't shown at the live show, as the supposed "big announcement" was said to be revealed. Maybe Sting will have a promo on Impact, who knows. Knowing Dixie Carter's record, she's blowing smoke up our asses and just hyping something for nothing.

AGAIN, no one knows Sting's current or future plans.

This is just me, but, HOF induction maybe next year doesn't seem out of the question. Sting could sign a legends contract, maybe make a few appearances, MAYBE wrestle, and also be set for royalties from his merchandise sales for years to come, thus insuring his and his family's financial stability.

But if Sting does come to TNA, I wouldn't mind. I may not like the way things are going, with Dixie breaking promise after promise. I'm not entertained by Jeff Hardy anymore, he's become a shadow of his former self. Matt Hardy, more unimpressive than he was in his last WWE run. Why the HELL hasn't TNA pushed Daffney yet? She's the most experienced knockout on the roster. Mr. Anderson is getting pushed to the moon, and he is probably one of the best things going for that company. RVD is a cool guy, but not as big of a draw as he used to be. Hulk Hogan, and Eric Bischoff, two of the biggest names in wrestling and yet I don't care for Hogan anymore at all. Bischoff still has a way with words, but seems a bit recycled. Fortune is a goldmine of talent, no doubt. A.J. Styles is definitely the most talented out of the roster in my opinion, and he's homegrown.

Sting would bring in numbers to that show, and would be good for TNA. But would TNA be good for Sting? That's the question.

HHH pedigrees the undertaker, but a surprize worthy of 3 weeks of promos.....he sits up. (repeat a couple of times)

HBK (if he's involved) pretends to be on one side, then the other leading up to wrestlemania. during the match a surpize worthy of 3 weeks of promos....he super kicks one of the guys!

awesome!! wwe you have me marking out already! and i have no idea (yawn) how this match will turn out! i'm super surprized and excited.

ps. and wwe, gosh will i be surprized if the rock interferes in the miz/cena match (yawn...must get sleep, could probably nap while raw is on i suppose)

pps. for the guys that pee sitting down (ie. guys that are happy to say "na na na na sting didnt come, told you!!) - i hope sting shows up the raw after mania.

All this talk of Taker/Trips really has gotten me down. I just don't want to see that match again. I've seen them feud before, I've seen them wrestle before, that's enough for me. Triple H is not Shawn Michaels, he's not the kind of wrestler that can wrestle someone multiple times and have vastly different matches every time. He'll have the same match he has with everyone, and we've already seen that with Taker. We don't need to see it again.

I guess that's why this is so disappointing. We all knew deep down it probably wasn't Sting. It's just disappointing that WWE didn't do anything bigger with these promos than Taker/Triple H. I was perfectly fine with Taker coming back, but couldn't we have done something better than throwing him into a rehashed feud/match with Triple H?

I'm not bummed that it won't be Sting and Undertaker. I am bummed that it will be Triple H and Undertaker.

Now don't get me wrong, this match could have been something exciting, but right now it feels very quickly thrown together. Yeah, they have a history. Sure, Undertaker retired Shawn Michaels. But that's all in the past. Triple H got taken out by Sheamus a year ago. We haven't seen or heard from him since. Undertaker got "buried alive" by Kane and Nexus. He's been gone ever since.

Now, they both return, at the same exact time, and suddenly they're having a match. Really, WWE? Looking for a cheap pop, much? If Triple H had already come back and exacted revenge on Sheamus and Undertaker, the same, with Barrett and Kane, then sure! But there are way, way too many loose ends right now. If WWE had played it right, I would have been okay with the loose ends.

Perhaps when Shawn was introduced as the first inductee into the HoF, he might have said Undertaker's win over him at 'Mania was a fluke (or other disparaging words). The bell tolls and 'Taker lays out Shawn. Triple H then returns (the next week, probably) to call out Undertaker for viciously attacking his 'best friend in the world'. Not the best writing, but it's something.

Right now, you've got them, supposedly, fighting over something that happened a year ago that neither has even brought up since. Not only that, but if this feud is centering around Undertaker retiring Michaels, Shawn has already stated he's at peace with that.

Again, I'm not saying a Sting/Undertaker match would have made any more sense (quite the contrary), but this almost feels like Plan B or simply picking names out of a hat. But I digress.....

So if Sting shows up on TNA tonight are we still gonna be reading about hidden messages and reasons why he's coming to WWE? I was hoping for Sting but I didn't come up with equations and and watch the video in slo-mo 700 times or synch it up with the starrcade promo to convince myself it was him. Don't be all pissy at WWE for not bringing him in blame yourselves for taking a long shot trying to pass it of as a certainty. That being said I would still like him to show up but I won't be disappointed with Taker and HHH. You might say man they're old and we've seen them before, even though it would be fun to watch how good did you expect a 52 year old Sting and a stiff, injury prone Taker to be in the ring together.

I know alot of people was disapointed that it wasn't sting , dont get me wrong would be nice to see sting wrestle havent seen him since WCW days. but i have to say im still really happy with the out come. the only thing im disapointed about is what happens to sheamus and barretts big wrestlemania matches that was rumoured? who are they going to go against now?

Well throw the Sting option out the window guys. TNA just aired a vigenette almost identical to Taker's with 3/3/11 and Sting was sighted at the taping backstage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back