Raw's 02/21/11 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a let down. Like someone else said most likely Streak vs Career. One of you're greatest superstars is gonna get a 5 week set up to his retirement . Terrible. On top of that 2 of your upcoming stars now have no place to go for the biggest event of the year, sheamus and Barrett. Pure garbage.

Even though we get a let down for the 2-21 bit, at least we get to see Sheamus fight Henry and continue being buried...... what a waste of talent.
I also wil not be buying mania for the record.

All I can say is THANK GOD the Rock is hosting WM.

Seriously, before last week's promo I legitimately thought it'd be Sting

ok so its Taker, but WTF was that lmao..since when is HHH the silent one? LMAOO

Expect HBK to play some sorta role in the match, he better lool..no offence to these two but this sounds like a flop to me

So we have as WM matches:
Edge vs. Del Rio
Miz vs. Cena
HHH vs. Undertaker

Not really screaming a must buy

Also Orton vs. Punk, but I guess thats not "confirmed."

Its not a bad card, but WM needs to have that one "can't miss" match. This doesn't. Sting would have been great, but we all knew he wasn't coming some time ago. I would have rather seen HHH and Taker come back and continue their storylines.

I wont be purchasing Wrestlemania. The only reason I would even think about purchasing it would be for The Rock at this point. But I have never seen a bigger waste of time (except for the Divas division these days) then what we all just watched.

In my opinion, the silent treatment didn't give anywhere near the impact that I think WWE had hoped for. It was a huge let down.

So we have as WM matches:
Edge vs. Del Rio
Miz vs. Cena
HHH vs. Undertaker

Not really screaming a must buy

You are not lying looks like this years selling point is....

The Rock

They hype this for weeks and honestly wasn't worth the 500th return of Undertaker.

I...told...you...so.

Now...regardless of the fact that HHH returned, the promos were still only for Undertaker. Predictable but should be a good match and the story writes itself.

No Sting. I'm not let down because I never expected it. I hope all the morons are disappointed. :)

Wow he i remained skiptical and WWE kicked me in the groin. Yeah the Taker is back and HHH is too but whats the point? HHH is pissed about something that almost occurred a year ago? I am just at a loss for words here, they had us with the first two promos and had a huge buzz only to lead to this? Hat trick still in store for us? Better not be HBK as guest referee.

Poor Barret, could have got a god rub by Undertaker. And, has Triple H forgotten about Shaemus putting him out of action for nearly ten months. They have even mentioned it last RAW. Weird.

Anyway. I can't see Triple H, one the biggest star's of all time, retiring after 6 week's of being back after being away for 9 months.

I Shawn get's involved, this is getting weird. Not in a good way either.

wow am i the only who thought that whole segment with taker and hhh was awful? i mean at least have taker say a few words and be inturupted by the game..

Does anyone else think this is a let down for a huge return (hhh)

so we just forget that shamous took him out? its all forgotten?

I wont be purchasing Wrestlemania. The only reason I would even think about purchasing it would be for The Rock at this point. But I have never seen a bigger waste of time (except for the Divas division these days) then what we all just watched.

In my opinion, the silent treatment didn't give anywhere near the impact that I think WWE had hoped for. It was a huge let down.

I would rather watch a diva match than see these 2 OLD farts wrestlers... what a waste of a promo... Do ppl really care about HHH and the undertaker????? wwe is perfect at killing storylines it would of bin better to see the boogyman come out instead of HHH and undertaker..... WWE=GARBAGE... without the rock wrestlemania is a flop, look at wwe stock the company is on its last breath?????????

Also Orton vs. Punk, but I guess thats not "confirmed."

Its not a bad card, but WM needs to have that one "can't miss" match. This doesn't. Sting would have been great, but we all knew he wasn't coming some time ago. I would have rather seen HHH and Taker come back and continue their storylines.

well i agree with you about stinger. of course that would have been great. But as far as Taker and Trips going back to there past feuds. I don't think that would work well. HHH and Sheamus would Not happen because WWE really has no idea what to do with Sheamus right now, and Taker, Kane has happened too many times. the only way I would see that working, would be to do a storyline that would change Kanes' charater, like having Taker burn Kane's face forcing him to go back to masked Kane.

Firstly. Stop whinging. IWC cry babies are just as bad as comic book cry babies. Sting was never coming full stop. The WWE though is starting to realise the potential of the Internet and used the similarities of Sting, and the WWE's Sting/Undertaker desires to gain your interest and views.

Secondly, and I've said this a hundred times already, this is a transitional WrestleMania. Every 5-10 years we get one of these. It takes our established names and pits them against younger names so that they can understand the gravity of WrestleMania and by the next year, they are established as WrestleMania main competitors. WWE is losing Rey Mysterio/Big Show/Triple H/Undertaker/Kane/Edge all within 2 years. Add on the recent departures of Batista and Chris Jericho and that is a lot of wrestlers. WWE is using this period to get Miz/Morrison/Ziggler/Del Rio over.

Its happening, boo hoo. But next years WrestleMania will be great. This had to happen but one bad Mania for 5 or 6 good-great ones is fine with me. Plus I am actually looking forward to HHH-Undertaker, MITB, Miz-Cena, Orton-Punk, Edge-Del Rio, Corre vs. Nexus, Rhodes-Mysterio. Whilst last years WrestleMania looked more solid on paper, this year will probably deliver better matches. So how about we just wait? Because last year, everyone thought the card looked sick and after the event, with the exception of one or two matches, everyone was whinging. So just wait til post event.

I was REALLY hoping WWE wouldn't do this. Although HHH's return was a shock, what an utter dissappointment and complete waste of great looking promos. I guess Kane, Sheamus, and Barrett are all forgotten and forgiven right? Why the hell was Taker even ON RAW?! Damnit WWE. I've been a fan all my life. . .and I've witnessed alot of BS... but this just ruined my night. Not Sting not showing(damn.), but the complete lack of consistency and idea WWE has. Right when I was starting to LOVE it like I used to. At least I get to see the Rock when I go to Mania.

Guys, how about this: When we look back on 2-21-11, we go DAMN! and bang the nearest table.

If you guys are disappointed it wasn't Sting it's your own fault. WWE never said it was Sting, reports broke that Sting and WWE weren't talking, commercials were advertising an Undertaker return, Wrestlezone leaked the HHH/Undertaker storyline, a major hint was given in the second promo, and the third promo confirmed it.

All I saw out of this thread was "I see scorpions, I see a baseball bat, I see Sting's face paint, etc." With screen captures that proved absolutely nothing except that some people have a vivid imagination &/or a psychotic condition that makes them see things that aren't really there.

"There were clearly scorpions"... no, there was clearly grass and shadows.

That said, this was a classic "WWF" moment. Undertaker's entrance was amazing, the HHH/Undertaker showdown was awesome, as was Undertaker's reaction when Hunter came out. The payoff at Wrestlemania, to me, depends on how good a match it is. I can see how some people would find it uneventful, it was a three week buildup to a staring contest, but to the non-mark WWE fans who buy tickets and pay per views and don't just sit at home reading results or sit by their computer watching a choppy live stream it IS a huge deal. There was no Sting chant whatsoever. In fact, there was a pretty good HBK chant going before WWE muted it which makes me wonder.

I'm a huge Sting fan but if he shows up in WWE at this point it will only be for a Hall of Fame induction. Sting has never said anything that would make anyone believe a WWE run was in the cards and flat out denied it many, many times.

Still, I half expected when Undertaker and HHH turned their heads towards the Wrestlemania sign that behind it Sting would be staring down at them from the rafters. But that would only happen in video games and fan fiction at this point.

GREAT moment. I just hope the payoff (the match) is as good as the hype was and is going to be.

Quite a dick thing to say, saying those who had some hope it was Sting are morons.

At least some of us looked at it objectively.

Objectively? You mean you were let down because you thought the promos were for Sting even though they screamed Undertaker right? In my book thats moronic. They told you the answer and people STILL got the question wrong. What's up wit dat?

Sting isn't showing up at the end of the broadcast. PERIOD. The IWC anticipated it would be two people, it was. One we expected, one simply just wasn't the man the IWC wanted. That falls under the category of "WAAAAAH WAAAAAH".

Raw was great tonight. Old school Cena freestyling (including telling the Rock to blow him), WWE breaking through the PG rating glass wall a little more, a great showdown between two living legends, Cole generating some real heat by insulting Lawler's mother to his face and more implications of Orton vs. Punk at Wrestlemania.

This reminded me more of old school Raw than anything recently.

Sting may not have showed up tonight, but honestly the door is open for him to appear in the future. It is a strong possibility he could go to the HOF eventually.

I'm not gonna stop watching wrestling, because after the second promo, the realistic thinking set in, and chances of it being Sting became less and less. I'm disappointed somewhat, but it won't stop me from watching WWE.

Still a Sting fan, still a WWE fan going strong.

That being said, I hope Wrestlemania is great, specifically Taker vs Triple H, because if Taker vs HBK was any indication of how high the bar for Taker's future streak matches are now set, then, this match better not disappoint.

Still interested in hearing about Sting's future, as it is definitely uncertain for the time being.

If you guys are disappointed it wasn't Sting it's your own fault. WWE never said it was Sting, reports broke that Sting and WWE weren't talking, commercials were advertising an Undertaker return, Wrestlezone leaked the HHH/Undertaker storyline, a major hint was given in the second promo, and the third promo confirmed it.

All I saw out of this thread was "I see scorpions, I see a baseball bat, I see Sting's face paint, etc." With screen captures that proved absolutely nothing except that some people have a vivid imagination &/or a psychotic condition that makes them see things that aren't really there.

"There were clearly scorpions"... no, there was clearly grass and shadows.

That said, this was a classic "WWF" moment. Undertaker's entrance was amazing, the HHH/Undertaker showdown was awesome, as was Undertaker's reaction when Hunter came out. The payoff at Wrestlemania, to me, depends on how good a match it is. I can see how some people would find it uneventful, it was a three week buildup to a staring contest, but to the non-mark WWE fans who buy tickets and pay per views and don't just sit at home reading results or sit by their computer watching a choppy live stream it IS a huge deal. There was no Sting chant whatsoever. In fact, there was a pretty good HBK chant going before WWE muted it which makes me wonder.

I'm a huge Sting fan but if he shows up in WWE at this point it will only be for a Hall of Fame induction. Sting has never said anything that would make anyone believe a WWE run was in the cards and flat out denied it many, many times.

Still, I half expected when Undertaker and HHH turned their heads towards the Wrestlemania sign that behind it Sting would be staring down at them from the rafters. But that would only happen in video games and fan fiction at this point.

GREAT moment. I just hope the payoff (the match) is as good as the hype was and is going to be.

Thank you. A great post which is exactly right. People tried desperately hard to make Sting appear. The 2 looks like a Scorpion tail, he's holding a Baseball bat (I haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd video, so I can't judge but maybe it was a Sledgehammer?), an image appears, someone is outside, etc. WWE played a good portion of people here, and they did it well.

I'm a decent fan of the Undertaker, and a not so decent fan of HHH, so my opinion probably will be riddled with bias but I do have to say this.
Never before have I seen bigger ego in the E (other than Hogan and 90's HBK of course) than HHH. I won't lie, I wasn't thrilled about Taker's return because it's been done like 9999 times already, but let the man have his moment.
Let the fans cheer him for a bit, let him get a few words in and THEN bring out Captain Bignose. But no what happens, HHH doesn't give Taker more than maybe 3 seconds before he has to stick his nose in his return.
Not only was everything anti-climatic and flat out uninteresting, having HHH ruin Taker's moment just wrecked whatever little enjoyment I would've gotten out of this whole thing.
Personally, I'm glad we're going to be seeing a lot less of HHH, but that's just my opinion.

Objectively? You mean you were let down because you thought the promos were for Sting even though they screamed Undertaker right? In my book thats moronic. They told you the answer and people STILL got the question wrong. What's up wit dat?

We already knew the promo involved Taker, but we were sure that a second person would show up as well.

Lo and behold, Trips shows up, basically throws down the gauntlet.

The question after the first promo was "Who is it?"
The question after the second was "Who is this, and why is the song that was used at Wrestlemania between HBK and Taker being used? Is it Taker?"
The question after the third and final promo was "Okay its Taker, but what's gonna go down when he returns?"

Because even after the third promo we believed it was two people. The vignettes weren't about two people though, it was about a build-up, that later involved more than just Taker.

So what was the "right question" if some of us were asking the "wrong question"?

I didn't feel much energy from this Raw. The undertaker changed his look slightly. HHH came back outta nowhere but the staredown wasn't that intense. Maybe a few words out of the talkative HHH? Just see what direction they take this in now.

Left field shot for those certain people. Maybe this is just a coverup and HHH will be attacked by a mysterious figure next week and it will turn out to be Sting! Also maybe a dark match between Cena and Fred Flintstone over the true Fruity Pebble champ? Only time will tell!:wtf:

I was just looking at some things and came across this quote which made me think of the people that dicked on the "believers".

"I request my right and privilege to have such thoughts and ask such questions without being threatened to be jailed by any administrative agency of society...In the face of a rigid, doctrinaire, self-appointed, ready-to-kill hierarchy of scientific censorship it appears foolish to publish such thoughts. Anyone malignant enough could do anything with them. Still the right to be wrong has to be maintained. We should not fear to enter a forest because there are wildcats around in the trees. We should not yield our right to well-controlled speculation. It is certain questions entailed in such speculation which administrators of established knowledge fear... But in entering the cosmic age we should certainly insist on the right to ask new, even silly questions without being molested."

Credit to Wilhelm Reich

Now I'm not pissed tht sting didn't appear moreso how the whole thing was carried out. 3 weeks build for what a staredown. Whoop dee fucking doo. Man that excited me sooo much.

NOT!!!

I had long since accepted it would be Triple H vs Taker at Mania, but I thought it was a horribly executed segment, all that hype for Taker to walk to the ring and then H to follow for a spot of staring. No reasoning, no logic, no continuity given how both men were taken out last time we saw them, just a case of rushed booking because the Mania card is shaping up so poorly as far as big match-ups go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back