Was 3/3/11 Doomed to Fail?

Watching the video only shows TNA's inferiority to WWE. The whole thing was not only a ripoff but a second rate one. The production value and artistry of the whole thing paled in comparison to WWE's video.

Off-handed question; How many people here received a week-long ban for saying the S-word (Sting) in this thread?

If no one else did, I'm going to be VERY disappointed with the admins!

tl;dr- The whole thing was only because all the 'net fanboys were under the impression the WWE had Sting under wraps- It was the most sarcastic promo I've ever seen because it was intended to be painfully obvious...

it was the biggest rip off of any WWE idea that TNA has ever used. I mean was there a second of doubt in any ones mind that it was Sting? But ill say is this...the guy must really be loyal and love someone in TNA because no matter what oppurtunity comes to him The Stinger just will not go to The WWE as it seems.

Even with nash and Booker gone...Sting remains loyal to Dixie and is now TNA World Champion in the blink of an eye

yes. it was doomed to fail BIG TIME! so much hype for the "Most Shocking Suprise of the Year" was just a cheap excuse to get people to watch the show and wait to the very last whole 20+ seconds of the program.*sigh* they could do better.

Well seeing that TNA did their highest ever rating on a Thursday and their second highest rating ever I would say the backlash from WWE fans was worth it. 3/3/11 worked well for what it tried to achieve. TNA spoofed WWE, gathered massive internet reaction and the outcome was extremely successful for them with the viewing numbers.

3/3/11 was a win for TNA despite the backlash

I think this lost alot of fans because people seen it more as a rip off to WWE rather than TNA trying to tease WWE. Sting would have been a big acquistion to the wwe roster , but i guess plans didnt fall through...

Sting in WWE was a drool-worthy prospect for one reason: novelty. The one man who swore he'd never go to WWE stepping in a WWE ring would be nothing short of miraculous. It'd be something DIFFERENT. Plus, it'd probably be short-term.

For me personally, I wasn't impressed with his return, although I was impressed by the reaction it got in the arena. Later on I found out that the promo wasn't shown to the people in the arena, so they naturally reacted differently.

My question is: If TNA hadn't aired that promo, would people be as upset at Sting's return?

Sting in WWE was a drool-worthy prospect for one reason: novelty. The one man who swore he'd never go to WWE stepping in a WWE ring would be nothing short of miraculous. It'd be something DIFFERENT. Plus, it'd probably be short-term.

For me personally, I wasn't impressed with his return, although I was impressed by the reaction it got in the arena. Later on I found out that the promo wasn't shown to the people in the arena, so they naturally reacted differently.

My question is: If TNA hadn't aired that promo, would people be as upset at Sting's return?

I would be, because they made him the champion !! Why, whats the point of that ? I thought TNA's big angle was 2-10-11 when fortune turned face. Now you basically took them out of the spotlight and made a 50 year old youre champ ? I mean lets see, who does Sting face now ?

RVD or Anderson ? Both faces, how does that work ?
Jeff Hardy ? Ok he beats him in a rematch and then he goes away?
Kurt Angle ? Face and wasting away with Jarrett
A.J ? Again, now hes also a face and id like too see him involved but who is he really feuding with anyway.

Fortune has
Beer Money wasting away with Gunner & Murphy
Kaz is wrestling X division guys
and A.J is feuding with who exactly ? Hernandez ? Flair ?.....i dont get it

My point is i thought fortune turning was the "big" storyline but now once again TNA pushes something to the backburner for a gimmick. I love Sting dont get me wrong, but isnt it time for A.J and fortune to be the main characters ? I thought thats where they were going

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back