Posters That Put You Over

IC definitely. The very first thread that I ever created resulted in a debate with IC and he gave his seal of approval.

After that it was FTS. Idk if anyone remembers but we had like a tag team battle going on for awhile and he helped me to become a better poster.

This thread made me realize that I've basically put no one over in my tenure on staff. I'm a little disappointed in myself.

Most of the various mods in WZCW. Don't think I've ever been put over by a non-fed mod, except for NorCal about 4 years ago. Also, Sally, though she doesn't do it in public, only in rep comments.

Oh, and RVDgurl. I miss her. Like the deserts miss the rain.

A lady always keeps it private.:rolleyes:

So you can keep your, err, dalliances in the dark ;)

Worth stating, I usually feel bad because I can't rep Sally (I don't often give rep, mainly the WZCW folk), and I'll see she's repped me like thrice in a go.

Worth stating, I usually feel bad because I can't rep Sally (I don't often give rep, mainly the WZCW folk), and I'll see she's repped me like thrice in a go.
And yet you've repped me. i think apologies are in order to Sally. ;)

Im surprised noone has mentioned Dave. He;s not as active as before, but he was at a time that "got me over."He put me over big-time as a poster and to put me on staff. He also started the LSN thread, which was once popular before I had less time for the site other then my sections.

D-Man, in his Christmas thread. I don't know if he remembers or not, but he had a lot of nice things to say about me, which surprised me, because we hadn't had a ton of interaction before that.

JGlass, who has always put me over in threads, regardless of what others had said at the time. Apparently I was too 'Christian' for some people, and JGlass never let that get in the way of us becoming friends, and he put me over to get on staff as well.

KB, as it was his endorsement that put me on staff in the first place, and invited me back for round 2.

Habs, who, for the once or twice on this site I got truly blasted for things I still don't quite understand, had my back and argued in my favor. Along with JGlass and Dave, there are two times I can recall where all 3 truly had my back. Stuff usually rolls off me quick, but the two times I recall I truly got pissed, they had my back.

I don't know that she got me over, necessarily, but Sally and I became fast friends and she remains the best friend I have on this site.

There are so many of you I like, appreciate, and respect. Thanks.

I really hope I was responsible for one or both of those times you "truly got pissed."

Same here, but I also blame a lot of that on being TNA-exclusive, which drastically limits my reach.

But that would make you put over every person that you interact with in the TNA sections. It's of my opinion that you've put over Zevon Zion. Now we all need to ask ourselves why you did such a thing...

But that would make you put over every person that you interact with in the TNA sections. It's of my opinion that you've put over Zevon Zion. Now we all need to ask ourselves why you did such a thing...

That's easy to answer. I love TNA. I love TNA the way I loved WCW. And I'm starting to really believe that TNA might actually have now surpassed WCW as the single most criticized and shit-on wrestling product in history. Some of it is completely warranted (Immortal, Total Nonstop Hogan, etc. — we don't need to draw up a list), but a lot of it is not. My job is to do everything I can to help sell the alternative, but unfortunately that doesn't always seem to stop the waves and waves of know-it-all's from infecting that section year-after-year, month-after-month, day-after-day with the same tired "bring back teh six sidez hawk hogan sux!1!!!" stuff. And therein lies the answer...

I spend most of the average day fielding off attacks and criticisms of what the company is doing, or at the very least doing everything I can to establish or shift the focus of threads to more positive paths, but few users who visit the TNA section who aren't über-TNA fans (like myself) are interested in that. It becomes gang-mentality. A couple guys talk about how horrible Hulk Hogan is (regardless of the merit of that statement) and the thread is soon dominated by what is essentially the same thought just re-written in each new post. No one is willing to even consider the idea that maybe TNA had it right by at least trying the Hogan experiment, or that maybe there are ways to limit his on-air exposure and still have him be of value to the company. That's just one example, obviously, but in my experience, I've found that it's much easier to get a couple licks in for free and then high-tail it out.

So, someone like Zeven, under normal, more civil circumstances, I would never go to bat for, because he represents an extreme. I don't support extremes. Or at least I tend not to. When you are dealing in these fields, the truth almost always lies between the two polarities, and rarely is it that much closer to either end. However, in the case of TNA, he represents an extreme in support of the company, so it becomes something of an enemy of my enemy is my friend, type thing. There are days I read his responses and think "ugh, Zeven, you're just making us look bad again...", and then there are days when I read them and think "fucking finally, someone who gets it". The thing is, he's usually one of the first to come to the defense of the company, and as someone who does the same, there's honor in that. It's not an easy job, believe me. It's much easier to just grab a pitch fork and a torch with the rest of them and start calling for Dixie Carter's head, but I don't particularly enjoy doomsayers, delusional clairvoyants, or ignorant loud-mouths on a normal every day basis, so why would I enjoy dealing with them twice over on an online forum where they get to shadow themselves behind a keyboard and an (often horrible) internet handle?

I'm still waiting for someone to do that for me :(

I don't use this word a lot but I have to in this case. Your post was "inspirational". It's totally change my mind on this topic, this thread, this forum, professional wrestling, and life in general. I'll probably stop posting now on each topic until I hear your opinion first. Please post more often.

Alex for Mod '13!

xfear before he vanished, I recall D-Man giving me props in the early days, whoever nominated me for funniest poster of the year, I'm sure there are more but those two stand out. I don't think I've ever "gone to bat" for anyone mostly because if you're ragged on it's probably because you suck. I've yet to come across something unwarranted.

By the way, here are some people I know I put over (and responses to those people who say I have put them over):

Barbosa: Where would Barbosa be had I not noticed his historical acumen and made a thread of praise for him entitled, "Operation Pedobear Barbarossa?" Well, he would still have been noticed, probably within just a matter of days, but I expedited the process.

Super Hans (AKA CAPS): One funny ass motherfucker who was disliked by some. I saw the brilliant humor, especially in regards to drugs. I called him Super Hans, x soon followed with the praise.

theredcrosseknight: A brilliant but short-lived poster. I put him on the map, Sam kept him there by consistently singing his praises.

Numbers: Already an excellent poster who was known by those that mattered when I was assigned as his mentor in Wrestlezone's NXT Mod Competition. Why he wasn't noticed by many before hand has everything to do with the fact that people were always looking for a poster named "Numbers" and not someone with a username that started with an "a" and then had a bunch of numbers following it. I'm still peeved we went to the finals and lost the competition, but this has nothing to do with the competition and everything to do with what happened afterward; while SSC and Doc deserved to win, Numbers would go on to be a much better moderator than SSC.

IndyJon22: When he and I got close, he was already a damn fine poster (AKA he put himself over). If memory serves me correct, I did lobby pretty hard for him to become a mod, so I guess in that respect I did put him over.

Mitch: I had heard some mention of him as HHHKing13, but there was no way in hell I was going to seriously look at someone's posts who had such a generic name. My theory of generic names equaling generic posts was totally disproved when I saw a thread he made on box office draws. Mitch put himself over, but I will admit that I have never been more vocal about one person becoming mod. He is matched in quality of posts by only a handful of people and he is unrivaled in both quantity of posts and quality consistency over posts. When it comes to WZ, Mitch is, hands down, the greatest movies and television poster of all time.

Lariat: He put himself over, but I will admit to recognizing him and being a very vocal supporter of him becoming Old School Wrestling mod.

jmt225 was also supportive of me, so I will give him his props here. However, I consider him, myself, Indy, Becker, and Guy as something akin to the Four Corners of Heaven before Mitsuharu Misawa beat Jumbo Tsuruta. We were all promising posters who would later all play significant roles (i.e. be moderators) at around the same time (save for Becker, but he was, is, and always be part of this group)

Daron Acemoğlu;4628601 said:
Barbosa: Where would Barbosa be had I not noticed his historical acumen and made a thread of praise for him entitled, "Operation Pedobear Barbarossa?" Well, he would still have been noticed, probably within just a matter of days, but I expedited the process

Funnily enough, I was just about to mention this as it had slipped my mind.

Pretty certain a past tdigs name is also the inspiration for my use of Greek and Cyrillic letters.

I'm still waiting for someone to do that for me :(

I've always liked you, but honestly, I'm not one to put someone over in the open. I use rep to do that more often then not, although if someone starts a thread regarding a poster I happen to like, be it positive or negative, I'm inclined to put in a kind word.

Or if someone I know is "better than that" is truly being a dumbass, I'll say something, generally that they are better then that. But I'm not one for heaping praise on people publicly, that's what rep is for, I believe, and I use it frequently to do so.

So yeah, if I've repped you frequently and it's helped you in some way, consider that my way of putting you over, for lack of a better word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back