• Carlos Colon

• Konnan

• La Parka

• Gory Guerrero

• Chavo Guerrero Sr.

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is the HQ for discussion on Team Mexico.

This is a non-spam thread! If you wish to discuss team Mexico, who should be on the team, etc. please make sure you back up your point. Lists and one-sentence answers that do not contribute to the conversation will be warned.

Sigs will be available once the members of Team Mexico are announced in mid-November.

Well, I'm not one to speak on the subject, as many other posters on this site have a far greater depth of knowledge than me on the topic, but I would say that Captain and certain shoe in for the Mexican team would have to be El Santo or The Saint. Besides, you know, being a national hero in Mexico and embodying everything Pro Wrestling is and represents, he was also a damn fine wrestler.

He is pretty much the Hulk Hogan of Mexico, except whereas Hulk Hogan is looked upon simply in Pro Wrestling, forever known as a muscle bound wrestler who entertained kids, El Santo is actually a sports pioneer in Mexico. As such, and for many more reasons, I would nominate El Santo as Captain.

The obvious choice that comes to mind on this team is Eddie Guerrero.

Take into consideration that we don't know what the events will be. However, Guerrero was as balanced of a wrestler as you could find. He had just enough agility, technical skill, power, personality, mic skills, and crowd support to make him a dangerous competitor on almost all levels of whatever IC's events are going to be during this event.

El Santo should definitely be captain, and the team really shouldn't be too hard to put together. Rey Misterio Jr is an obvious choice. It saddens me no one has mentioned him yet. He's a great wrestler, and would be a good fight for any one on any team.

I know he's probably only an outside longshot, but Juventud Guerrera was a damn fine wrestler before The Mexicools completely killed any credibility he had, as well as Super Crazy and Psicosis.

This team should focus on building speed and athleticism, and rely on El Santo or Mil Mascaras to provide the power end of the game...

I like El Santo as team captain, but if we're going to discuss El Santo, we have to, absolutely have to include Blue Demon in this conversation as well. When you look at it, El Santo and Blue Demon are like the Stone Cold and The Rock of the old school lucha libre. They are always connected to each other and their rivalry had a legendary status in Mexico. Blue Demon was El Santo's equivalent if you will, so why not have both on Team Mexico? As far as the other three, I would give those to Rey Mysterio Jr, Eddie Guerrero, and I'm not 100% on the fifth spot yet. But Rey and Eddie most definitely deserve spots on the team as well.

Rey was the first that came to mind for me, he is certainly one of the best and most beloved wrestlers to come from Mexico. Eddie, while sorta overrated, is still very good, and should have a spot. Tito Santana also deserves consideration.

Then you get into some of the other incredibly successful and famous guys that no one knows much about. From what Tasty has posted about El Santo, he is a shoe-in and should likely be team captain. There are others guys as well that I'm sure deserve a spot, but I can't be sure who they are.

As for a possible wildcard guy, you always have Hernandez. He is one of the hottest things in pro wrestling at the moment, and while he wasn't technically born in Mexico, I'm pretty sure he is billed from there, and I'm sure he'd be a great addition to this team.

The one wrestler i think deserved a spot on this team is Místico. From what I heard he is the John cena of Mexico. Also he a really fine wrestler. He not that long ago beat Tiger Mask IV for the Iwgp junior heavyweight championship and also successfully defend the title against Jushin Liger.

Also I agree with the other post that Rey meysterio and Eddie Guerrero deserved a spot on the team.

quite a few choices. el santo, blue demon, mil mascaras, rey mysterio jr., and the entire guerrero family stand out. but there are others that deserve a spot such as juventud guerrera, psichosis, super crazy, hernandez, and many others.

here are my five choices:

1. el santo
2. mil mascaras
3. rey mysterio jr.
4. eddie guerrero
5. either blue demon or hernandez

El Santo is the first name on the teamsheet, and I think you've probably got to put Blue Demon on there too. Canek should be there to add a slightly different dynamic, and I think not having Rey Mysterio would be a mistake. The well travelled Mil Mascaras would round off the team quite well.

To give Mexico a fighting chance, they need to have Eddie Guerrero and Rey Misterio Jr in their team. These two are more than competent in the ring and are ex world champions and have name recognition and are 'current' wrestlers (Guerrero's current enough despite the deadness).

I'd obviously have El Santo as captain, as he is a true legend in and out of wrestling. I'd also go for Mil Mascaras for obvious reasons and then either Hernandez, El Canek, Blue Demon or maybe even Psicosis. Mexico do have a fighting chance if Guerrero & Mysterio's name recognition and speed match up with the legendary Santo & Mascaras. My Final picks:

El Santo (Captain)
Eddie Guerrero
Rey Misterio Jr.
Mil Mascaras
Hernandez

Wow! This is the only thread that barely people talk about. I mean if you know about UK, USA, Japan, and Samoans, and New Zealand wrestlers. Why isn’t there talk about Mexico? I mean they are almost exactly opposite of Japan in every way just about. If I could get all and every wrestler from Japan and Mexico, I would be in heaven. Just watching these guys go and of course add some US or Canada or British into the mix every now and then. I’m just shock here! Besides the US talents this is probably my second favorite teams to talk about. I also mention some stars from the Puerto Rico!

You can just about put all of the Guerrero’s onto one team and that’s it if you want to.

Abismo Negro
Black Tiger III
Blue Demon
Carlito Cool
Carlos Colon
Chavo Guerrero
Chavo Guerrero Sr
Damien 666
Eddie Guerrero
El Santo
Fuerza Guerrera
Gory Guerrero
Halloween
Heavy Metal
Hector Garza
Hector Guerrero
Homicide
Jose Luis Rivera
Juventud Guerrera
Konnan
La Parka
Lizmark Jr.
Mando Guerrero
Miguel Perez
Mil Mascaras
Mr. Aguila
Psicosis
Rey Misterio
Rey Mysterio Jr.
Savio Vega
Shocker
Super Crazy
Tito Santana
Vampiro*
Villano I
Villano II
Villano III
Villano IV
Villano V

The top five I would seriously go from the get go but I would have options if need to change anything.

Eddie Guerrero
Rey Mysterio Jr.
Homicide
Konnan
Juventud Guerrera

Probably not the best choices but in all of the threads there are a lot of talents still haven’t been mention I believe.

I think if you want Mexico to lost or joke team you can always have all of the Villano members show up. They aren’t that bad of wrestlers but they can pull an upset.!

There is so many different ways I can go for a team from Mexico like what TNA Team Mexico/LAX or La Familia in XPW or WCW Latino World Order. There is so many ways just depending who they will be going up against is the best way to decide to go against day of the matches.

I would be more then happy to talk more this if need to!

Well, aside from the obvious choices of Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio, I think there are some other great selections that haven't been mentioned yet.

I happen to watch a lot of AAA. Even though I don't have a clue as to most of what they're saying, from my interpretations of the crowd and of the matches, there are a few guys I think would be worthy of Team Mexico.

La Parka: The guy is the Ric Flair of Mexico. He wrestles everywhere he goes, is still massively over, and is relevant to the mainstream viewer from his years in WCW and his short stint in TNA. Plus, he comes out to "Thriller" from Michael Jackson....cool.

El Mesias: Better known as Judas Mesias from his run in TNA. I can pretty much compare him to John Cena, except that everyone actually likes him. He is a mega-face, and it constantly seems like he is battling the odds every week. There was even a show where several wrestlers beat the crap out of him backstage, and right before the end where they faded to black, his silhouette on the wall resembled the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. No kidding. Sure, he had a forgettable run in TNA, but that was because of a lackluster feud with Abyss no one cared about.

Cibernetico: He was Mesias' running buddy before he turned on him and obliterated him. Basically an athletic big man a la Matt Morgan. he could be useful for taking on the power wrestlers from other teams.

Silver King and Dr. Wagner Jr: I The two are real-life brothers who have basically stuck with each other throughout their wrestling careers. They have held the CMLL (Mexico's other major wrestling promotion) World Tag Team Championship belts together. Silver King was once the CMLL World Heavyweight Champion while Wagner is the current AAA World Champ. King also was Black Tiger III in New Japan. They are both no strangers to the main event, obviously. Interesting side notes: Silver King played the villain Ramses in the film Nacho Libre with Jack Black. Wagner's theme song is "Bad Medicine" by Bon Jovi.

So those are my suggestions. Keep in mind this is only from my viewings of AAA and from a small bit of research. There are a plethora of talented Mexican wrestlers out there, just hopefully these guys will be taken into consideration...

The Final 15 Nominees:

El Santo
Eddie Guerrero
Mil Mascaras
Rey Mysterio
Blue Demon
Hernandez
Mistico
El Canek
Psicosis
Juventud Guerrera
Carlos Colon
Konnan
La Parka
Gory Guerrero
Chavo Guerrero

1. Each poster may vote for THREE WRESTLERS.

2. If someone votes for more than three, all of their votes will be disqualified.

3. Think before voting. Once you hit the submit button, there is no changing.

4. The wrestler with the highest vote total will be named captain.

My votes went to El Santo, Eddie Guerrero, and Psicosis. I know, you're probably asking "Psicosis X?", yeah, Psicosis. El Santo is the obvious choice here, the man is pretty much God in Mexico. He's Hulk Hogan times two, seriously, the man has statues built to his greatness in public parks, he's transcended wrestling more than any other wrestler, ever.

Eddie G. is another pretty obvious choice. The man was the complete package; lucha, technical, shoot, amateur, any style the man could dominate you in. Amazing on the mic as well. Easy choice there.

Finally, I went with Psicosis. Why? Because he deserves some votes. The third vote is going to be up in the air here and I really have no idea who's going to get the third vote, but Psicosis has consistently entertained the fuck out of me for over a decade now. One of the absolute best lucha wrestlers ever in my opinion. His matches with Rey Mysterio are the stuff wet dreams are made of.

You have to go El Santo, he's pretty much awesome. If you don't know about him, look up some of Tastycles' post's in the WZ Tourney, some good info in there.

Next I'll go with Rey Mysterio. He is one of the best workers in wrestling today and a very popular guy that is all about the national pride as well.

Finally, I'm going with Hernandez. He's a monster and LAX was an awesome tag team. There are a lot of good choices here though, should be interesting.

I fucked up and voted for 5, sorry. My real choices are Santo, Canek and Mil Mascaras. I've written at length about them all in the past, so check out the learn about luchadors thread. In short, Mil Mascaras is the only one to have had global worldwide fame, so he needs to go in, Santo is a Mexican institution, and Canek offers a strength that none of the otheres, including Hernandez, can, which is, well, strength.

I forgot to post something last night I remember two out of three names I voted for which are Konnan and Psicosis. I believe the last one was probably Juventud Guerrera my guess. Only reason I didn't for my favorite ones which are Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio because we all know they should be on the team and a lot of votes are already been made. Hopefully eddie will be the captin. This would reminds me the WCW Latino World Order!! Of course I really like Konna but when he had to get surgery done and left TNA like he did. I was really mad for what he was doing though. I like him a lot from back in the day all the way to that point. I really enjoy Psicosis work in the ring so why not. Juvi is just an ass but still like him when he feuded with Rey and when he was apart of the Filthy Animals. If the team goes like I think it might go the team will consist of Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, and Psicosis. The last two members looks like El Santo and Mil Mascaras which are two grea luchadors no doubt. As far as chemisty and team work goes which they will need I would be hopeful if some how Juventud Guerrera or Konnan or La Parka will get enough votes for them.

Like I stated before we will have WCW Lation World Order & Filthy Animals and XPW La Famila (except Mexican Most Wanted) and WWE Mexicools (except for Super Crazy). Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, and Psicosis but we will need at least Juventud Guerrera and Konnan but La Parka won't be a bad choice though. He is pretty good with a chair though. I really think this thing is going to be awesome.

Well, none of my recommendations made the cut, but that's cool, some badass choices nonetheless. I voted for 5 people, fuck. My top three were of course Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, and El Santo....three icons of Mexican wrestling and Mexico in general.

Of course, EG will most likely be the captain, which is perfect. Rey can help immensely in the matches where smaller means better. And of course El Santo is an all around badass, and he has endurance, which is key.

Looking forward to it....

If I could have voted for Hernandez three times, I would have. You see, he's the only wrestler on that list that I, well, like. I'd quite honestly like to keep him as a pet. He'd sleep at the foot of my bed and his paws would twitch when he's dreaming. It'd be adorable.

IMG_4033.jpg

Otherwise, yeah, they all have silly names. How fantastic.

Reactions: gd

Mexico_flag.gif

Captain - Eddie Guerrero
Rey Mysterio
El Santo
Mil Mascaras
*Hernandez, El Canek, and Psicosis will have a triple threat match to determine the 5th man involved in the team at the games. That match will occur next week.

Mexico
Final Members

Captain: Eddie Guerrero
Rey Mysterio
El Santo
Mil Mascaras
El Canek

1st alternate: Hernandez
2nd Alternate: Psicosis

El Canek should really be the final entrant onto this team. Psicosis and Hernandez are both good, and I enjoy watching them, but they don't mean as much to Mexico as Canek did/does, and he's clearly the better man.

Overall, this is a quality team. Sadly though, as we saw in the tournament, almost no one here has heard of them, and I wouldn't be too surprised to see them lose matches that they should easily win.

The following Wrestlezolympic team qualifying match is scheduled for one fall. The winner will be the 5th member of Team Mexico in the February 2010 Wrestlezolympics, and the other two men will become alternates.

El Canek
bo_canek.jpg

VS

Hernandez
05.jpg

VS

Psicosis
05.jpg

Voting will be open for 4 days. Please post reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler.

For me, it's El Canek all the way.

Canek is a 15-time World Champion, has defeated Lou Thesz, bodyslammed Yokozuna pre-WWF, and is an established wrestling legend everywhere except for North America, and even in North America he's known and has had good matches.

Canek has more experience as a top star by himself than the other two have combined. He has Hernandez' power and Psicosis' speed and agility all in one package. El Canek is a legend of Mexican Wrestling and the best choice to round out a very solid team.

El Canek is obviously the legend of the group, but man... I have way too much love for Psicosis to vote against him.

Psicosis is one of the greatest in-ring technicians/high-flyers of all time, as far as I'm concerned. His matches against Rey Mysterio are proof of this, but honestly... I like to look at his match against Tajiri back in 2000 in ECW as his best, where those two guys put on an absolute clinic, in one of the greatest matches I've ever seen. I guarantee El Canek, or Hernandez for that matter, have ever been apart of a match THAT superb. For those that don't believe me, check it out for yourself:

[YOUTUBE]5WUtYp96aVI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Mx_Q0vtECmE[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back