• Ivan Kalmikoff

• Karol Kalmikoff

• Alexander Zass

• Ivan Markov

• Salman Hashimikov

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is the HQ for discussion on Team Russia.

This is a non-spam thread! If you wish to discuss team Russia, who should be on the team, etc. please make sure you back up your point. Lists and one-sentence answers that do not contribute to the conversation will be warned.

Sigs will be available once the members of Team Russia are announced in mid-November.

This is the HQ for discussion on Team Russia.

This is a non-spam thread! If you wish to discuss team Russia, who should be on the team, etc. please make sure you back up your point. Lists and one-sentence answers that do not contribute to the conversation will be warned.

Sigs will be available once the members of Team Russia are announced in mid-November.

This is another category that will really get everyone thinking. Russia has always been known for its athletes taking pride in their country and dominating in sporting events. However, professional wrestling is a totally different animal.

As choices, you have Nikita and Ivan Koloff, Nikolai Volkoff, and Vladmir Kozlov. Besides them, I'm kind of stuck.

We all know the Koloffs were powerhouses in the late 1970's and early 1980's, dominating in the NWA, AWA, and WCW. They had memorable feuds with the Road Warriors and the Four Horsemen. But Nikita was the breakout star of this tandem and had many singles feuds, as well.

Nikolai Volkoff was a Russian powerhouse, but didn't make many contributions to the sport. He was a WWF tag team champion with the Iron Sheif and drew some of the most natural heat in pro-wrestling in history when he would sing the Russian national anthem prior to his matches, but that's about it.

Kozlov is still pretty new to the industry. His recent placement in ECW has really flattened his character. However, he was a severe threat to the world title picture a year ago.

D-Man already named just about everyone, but he left out Boris Zhukov. He certainly isn't the best, but he is among the top 5 that I can think of off the top of my head. Pair him with the Koloffs, Volkoff, and Kozlov, and you have a pretty strong team.

They'd be slow powerhouses, but what else do you expect from a team of Russian Bears?

This team would will be pretty big and slow as shit. Pretty much every Russian wrestler is more or less the same. Big, strong, show, and hates America. It won't be too hard to pick this team (I'd go with the 5 guys already mentioned in this thread) and I think it's safe to say they won't have an inordinate amount of success.

D-Man already named just about everyone, but he left out Boris Zhukov. He certainly isn't the best, but he is among the top 5 that I can think of off the top of my head. Pair him with the Koloffs, Volkoff, and Kozlov, and you have a pretty strong team.

They'd be slow powerhouses, but what else do you expect from a team of Russian Bears?

This.

No, but really theres not exactly a great deal to choose from, these five pick themselves, they are all essentially the same wrestlers and will do nothing in this tournament but there you go. Team Rusia have no speed but strength in bucketloads, can't be arsed describing each wrestler as they are all the same. My final picks;

Volkoff (Captain)
Koloff 1
Koloff 2
Kozlov
Zhukov

Alex Kozlov who wrestles for AAA is Russian (last time i remember seeing AAA he was apart of D-Generation MEX but I dont think he is anymore. Plus he also had a run in TNA during the World X Cup). But the fact is he is small and fast meaning he could be put into the Ladder match meaning Russia will actually have a chance at winning it (however small it may be).

I've been doing my research on wikipedia and there seems to be a very successful russian (in gimmick anyway) of Ivan and Karol (it is a man) Kalmikoff.

Their greatest achievement being winning the NWA canadian open tag team belts 3 times and NWA world tag team belts (minneapolis version) 4 times.

So maybe these guys could be useful in the big team matches - just to put in some variety other than the four already suggested

The Final 11 Nominees:

Nikita Koloff
Ivan Koloff
Nikoli Volkoff
Vladimir Kozlov
Boris Zhukov
Alex Kozlov
Ivan Kalmikoff
Karol Kalmikoff
Alexander Zass
Ivan Markov
Salman Hashimikov

1. Each poster may vote for THREE WRESTLERS.

2. If someone votes for more than three, all of their votes will be disqualified.

3. Think before voting. Once you hit the submit button, there is no changing.

4. The wrestler with the highest vote total will be named captain.

Holy shit is this team going to get destroyed, not sure they will win anything at all. I voted for Vlad Koslov and the Koloffs, but I don't think it really matters who you put on this team, they're more or less the same wrestler.

Yeah this team doesn't stand much of a chance. My first vote went to Alex Koslov, who if you don't know, I suggest you look up. He's one of the best young cruiserweights that wrestling has seen in a long, long time. My second vote went to Ivan Koloff, mainly because of his one WWWF Title reign. My final vote went to the man that should be the captain of this team, and that's Nikita Koloff. Easily the best member of this team, the guy was simply fantastic in JCP back in the 80s and won NWA title after title. Very underrated wrestler.

Nikita Koloff, Ivan Koloff, and Vladimir Kozlov have my votes for now. The first two I think are obvious choices. They are probably two of the most famous wrestlers to come out of Russia and they’ve had their success over here in the states. I’m not too sure about Vladimir. He really hasn’t done much but he’s a pretty big guy so he could benefit team Russia, even though they don’t stand a chance against any of the other teams, except for maybe the Aussie team.

Is Alex Kozlov one of the people that wrestled for TNA when they were doing the X cup or whatever the tournament is called? I know the tournament they had wrestlers from all around the world. I think I know who he is, but I want to make sure. If he did participate in that tournament then I’m voting for him. I liked what I saw.

Is Alex Kozlov one of the people that wrestled for TNA when they were doing the X cup or whatever the tournament is called? I know the tournament they had wrestlers from all around the world. I think I know who he is, but I want to make sure. If he did participate in that tournament then I’m voting for him. I liked what I saw.

Yeah, that was Alex Kozlov. He participated in the 2008 X Cup. He's spent most of his time wrestling in Mexico. He's heading to ROH right now in a talent exchange with AAA though.

Then nevermind me voting for Vladimir. Alex is damn good wrestler and he's going to get my vote. I don't know a lot or anything about the majority of the wrestlers on the list, but I don't think a lot of them are as good as Alex. He was very entertaining at least year's X cup and I'm pretty sure he didn't show off everything he has.

I might go search some of his stuff later after I'm done watching some Puro matches. If you don't know who he is or have never seen any of his stuff, you should do that before voting.

I really don't care for the team as much as i might should have! I just went with names that i know and heard of the most which were Nikita Koloff, Ivan Kolof, and Nikoli Volkoff. I just wish this team luck.!

Half of these names sound made up.

Nikita Koloff, Nikolai Volkov and Vladimir Kozlov get the nods here. This is the weakest team in the entire tourney, despite the awesomeness of Nikita Koloff. He'll captain and carry this team, but they won't get far. They match up bad against any team.

I went with the Koloffs because they are the only ones on the list that have enjoyed any real success, but even that was quite limited to be honest. The third pick I went for was Alex Koslov who was by far the most entertaining person in last year's X World Cup, and who probably would have found himself in a top US company if he was able to speak English a little better.

Team Russia
Final Members

Captain: Nikita Koloff
Ivan Koloff
Vladimir Kozlov
Nikoli Volkoff
Alex Kozlov

1st alternate: Boris Zhukov
2nd Alternate: None

Wow! What a team!

I'm obviously faking that...This team will be like the one country at the real Olympics that you root for, because you don't want them to go home empty handed. This team is strong, but they're slow and cumbersome, and I don't see how the best man on this team, beats the weakest man on any other team.

Team Russia

Nikita Koloff
Ivan Koloff
Vladimir Kozlov
Nikoli Volkoff
Alex Kozlov

Individual Events - Round 1

Ironman (30, 45, 60 mins)
Submission
Falls Count Anywhere
Ladder / MITB Match
Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal

All posters may vote on which Team Russia Wrestler competes in WHICH event. Only one wrestler to an event. If you vote on one, please vote on all 5. Votes must be posted, no poll will be added.

Do NOT spam in this thread. Don't simply list the wrestlers names next to the events. If youw ant to vote, you must provide at least one reason why you are voting for a particular wrestler to have a particular event. Otherwise, you will be hit for spamming, as this is a non-spam section.

Just like the other teams, I'm going to post these in the order that I was able to place them. This is a lot tougher, mostly because 4 of the 5 are straight ahead power guys, and you have one X-Division type.

Ladder/MiTB Match ~ Alex Koslov

This was too easy. He's the fastest, most athletic guy on the team, by far, so he needs to be in the one match where that will definitely work to his advantage.

Submission ~ Vladimir Kozlov

With his martial arts background, I'd guess that he at least has one or two moves to help him out here. He's also the least likely to tap, and that can only be a good thing.

Falls Count Anywhere ~ Nikita Koloff

I've only watched a handful of matches with him, and one of them was a Tower Of Doom, so I'm guessing he knows how to handle himself with a chair, and wouldn't be gassed quickly.

Spin The Wheel, Make The Deal ~ Nikolai Volkoff

This is only done to keep his slow out-of-shape ass away from the Iron Man Match.

Iron Man Match ~ Ivan Koloff

He's the only man left, and this is the only match. Between him and Volkoff, this was an easy decision for me.

Team Russia

Nikita Koloff - Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal
Ivan Koloff - Ironman (30, 45, 60 mins)
Vladimir Kozlov - Submission
Nikoli Volkoff - Falls Count Anywhere
Alex Kozlov - Ladder / MITB Match

I think Ivan Koloff is probably the best bet for Ironman, because he wrestled in a time when long matches were the norm. His "nephew" is probably the most middle of the road in terms of size of all of them, so he goes into spin the wheel, as I think he has a chance in many match types.

Vladimir Kozlov wrestles a hold based style, and as a result he is an outside chance to beat a couple of people in the submission match.

Alex Kozlov is a top drawer high flyer, and I expect him to put up a real fight in the MITB match.

Nikita Volkoff is a donkey, and will take quite a pasting, so might be ok in falls count anywhere.

Official Team Russia Match Participants

Iron Man Match - Ivan Koloff

07.jpg

Submission Match - Vladimir Kozlov

WWE_Smackdown_Vladimir_Kozlov_818249.jpg

Falls Count Anywhere - Nikita Koloff

02.jpg

Ladder / Money in the Bank - Alex Kozlov

Alex+Koslov-lucha+libre.jpg

Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal - Nikolai Volkoff

volkoff.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread