[Official] Team Mexico Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Wrestlezolympics '10' started by IrishCanadian25, Oct 21, 2009.

?

Who Represents Team Mexico?

1. El Santo

2. Eddie Guerrero

3. Mil Mascaras

4. Rey Mysterio

5. Blue Demon

6. Hernandez

7. Mistico

8. El Canek

9. Psicosis

10. Juventud Guerrera

11. Carlos Colon

12. Konnan

13. La Parka

14. Gory Guerrero

15. Chavo Guerrero Sr.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ty Burna

Ty Burna Getting Noticed By Management

I voted El Canek, but I would not be mad if Psicosis made it instead. El Canek is clearly the legend here, defeating many greats such as Hogan, Andre, Thesz, Vader, Yokozuna, and also was the first to body slam Andre way before Hogan ever had the chance to. Definitely one of the most over Luchadors to ever exist, right up there with Blue Demon (which by the way I'm still pissed that he didn't get in) and El Santo in popularity. He also had a lot of matches over in Japan for NJPW.

As far as Psicosis, man the dude could just go in the ring. If you watch his matches in WCW with Rey Mysterio, they were damn near instant classics from the get go. My favorite was his match against Rey at Bash At the Beach (the one where the NWO first formed). Psicosis just throttled Rey the whole match. He ended up losing, but still put on an impressive performance. His mask was sick, and I loved his Guillotine Leg Drop finisher he used. Either Psicosis or El Canek would be worthwhile as the 5th member.

SavageTaker likes this.
  2. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

I went Hernandez. He's just as entertaining as Psicosis for me, except he's not a glorified jobber. He has the ability to throw smaller men off him like fleas and can do some rather impressive aerial moves for a man his size. Really, even by TNA standards, where everyone does flippys, it's pretty awesome.

El Canek is a man who won a bunch of titles, but lost to Jeff Jarrett in a tourney similar to this and honestly isn't that interesting to watch. He's a legend, but it's time to pass the torch, if it's possible to do so via an internet forum tourney.

3. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Canek. Psicosis is great, bu doesn't offer you anyhting different to the rest of the team, and Hernandez is basically Canek without the big wins. There is nothing that can be said about Hernandez that can't be said for Canek. Losing a TNA title match is never going to be as good as beating Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan et al. I don't really like Canek, but he is by far the mosty dynamic in this field.

4. Tenta

Tenta The Shark Should've Worked in WCW

Psicosis. He's a high flyer of the highest magnitude.

Actually, no, I'm taking Canek. Look, so what you will, but any guy that beats Hogan and Andre in their career has to get a nod over lifetime mid carders. And let's not be confused, people, that is the exact way to describe both wrestlers Canek is going against. The strongest win on Psicosis' resume is either Konan or Rey Mysterio. Neither of which are any bit as impressive as Hogan or Andre. Hernandez hasn't really ever done anything with his career. He's pretty much Jeff Hardy before the fame and title reigns. And I don't know about you, but I just can't vote him over a legendary name for a country.

We're voting on who gives the best chance to win, right? Canek has proven that, on any given night, he can beat any name in the history of professional wrestling. Go with Canek here, folks. It really isn't that difficult

5. capoxstatus

capoxstatus Dark Match Winner

Good pick here this was basically a easy choice, it came down between a bonafide legend in El Canek against an upstart in Super mex hernanadez, nothing against a good solid midcarder in the original pyscosis but this was basically a 2 horse race. El canek is the obvious choice looking at his resume and long list of accomplishments and wins against huge names. Super mex is solid and indeed he has time to become a world champion and add some names to his list but thats in the futuer, El Canek has the skins on the walls.

6. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Team Mexico

Eddie Guerrero
    Rey Mysterio
    El Santo
    Mil Mascaras
    El Canek

Individual Events - Round 1

Ironman (30, 45, 60 mins)
    Submission
    Falls Count Anywhere
    Ladder / MITB Match
    Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal

All posters may vote on which Team Mexico Wrestler competes in WHICH event. Only one wrestler to an event. If you vote on one, please vote on all 5. Votes must be posted, no poll will be added.

Do NOT spam in this thread. Don't simply list the wrestlers names next to the events. If youw ant to vote, you must provide at least one reason why you are voting for a particular wrestler to have a particular event. Otherwise, you will be hit for spamming, as this is a non-spam section.

7. SavageTaker

SavageTaker Everybody Has A Price!

I’ll admit that I don’t know much about Lucha Libre but I’ll still give it a try. If one of the more knowledgeable posters like Tastycles recommends a wrestler for a different match then I’ll probably switch my choices because they are probably right since they know what they’re talking about. I did a little research for this…so here it is:

Ironman (30, 45, 60 mins)- El Santo

Okay, so my logic here is that in order to survive in this match the wrestled needs to be able to compete for long amounts of time. I looked at Mil Mascaras moveset and it looks like he would be tired from all of the high flying so he wouldn’t last long. I guess Santo would survive longer so he gets the nod here.

Submission- El Canek

He has competed in MMA so he probably knows a thing or two about submissions. I’m not really sure what his moveset is because Wikipedia only listed one moves, but I’m guessing he has a few submission holds.

Falls Count Anywhere- Mil Mascaras

He was the last remaining choice. I guess he won’t do bad here because the use of weapons are allowed.

Ladder / MITB Match- Rey Mysterio

He’s quick and agile. Also, I’m sure he’s competed in a few of these so he really shouldn’t have much problems in this match.

Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal- Eddie Guerrero

Normally, I would put the remaining man in this match but that wasn’t the case here. I chose Eddie for this match first. Reason being that he always finds a way to win matches, no matter what. Just look at his catchphrase: "I Lie! I Cheat! I Steal!,” If that isn’t enough reason then I’m not sure what is.

8. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

This is tough to set up for me. as much as we love some of these guys, they're similar to Team Russia, in that they all excel at one thing, except for Canek, who is a power guy more than a flier. Should be interesting to see how they do...

Iron Man Match ~ El Santo

I wanted to clear this match up first, since I don't think Eddie, Rey, or Mascaras would be good for this type of match. I'd put El Canek in there, but I think he's better used in a different match where those 3 might not excel.

Falls Count Anywhere ~ Eddie Guerrero

He lies, he cheats, he steals. So, why not put him in a match where he can fight dirty, and not risk a loss?

Ladder/MiTB ~ Rey Misterio Jr.

I've never seen him use many submission moves, and I'm not sure he'd match up against the larger guys in a random match, so I had to put him here, where his athleticism would give him a bit more of a chance.

Spin The Wheel, Make The Deal ~ Mil Mascaras

He's not as small as Rey, but he wrestles a similar style, so he wouldn't face the same disadvantages in whatever match they get here.

Submission Match ~ El Canek

I'm pretty sure he could go in any match, and do well. The fact he was "picked last" means absolutely nothing here, it's just that the rest of the team needed to play to specific strengths.

9. capoxstatus

capoxstatus Dark Match Winner

Falls Count Anywhere= Mil Mascaras

He takes risks, isnt afraid to change his style, isnt afraid to use whats around him, sounds right up his alley.

Ironman = El Santo

Hes a legend, hes had numerous matches against tough guys,he himself is a tough guy, he came from the era where he most likely had draws and or/broadways with the big names traveling around the globe, his skill set is wide if i remember correctly. So it all comes together for a good ironman candidate.

Submission= El Canek

Big strong guy (bodyslammed yoko and andre the giant) , competed in mixed martial arts holds wins against some pretty good people, so he has to have some knowledge in submission holds.

Ladder / MITB Match= Rey Mysterio

Speed, toughness, courage, heart, risks, his move set all point to him being great in this match. Give him half a second and he will run up the ladder like nobodies business.

Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal= Eddie Guerrero

Eddie was the man, one of the most well rounded guys that i have ever seen, he could very well could of gone in any of the above categories and done well so that very reason leads me to put him in the spin the wheel, make the deal. Any match that comes up Eddie has the tools to make it work, hardcore, ladder, cage, ironman, etc he could do it, so i say bring it on eddie has what it takes.

10. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Official Team Mexico Match Participants

Iron Man Match - El Santo

[​IMG]

Submission Match - El Canek

[​IMG]

Falls Count Anywhere - Mil Mascaras

[​IMG]

Ladder / Money in the Bank - Rey Mysterio

[​IMG]

Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal - Eddie Guerrero