• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] John Cena Thread

What is Your Feeling on John Cena?

• I despise him!

• I am not a fan of his

• I don't like him or hate him

• I like the guy

• I am a Cena Fanatic!

• I like him, but don't think he's a good wrestler

• I don't like him, but do think he's a good wrestler

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
John Cena may not be the best wrestler but I mean come on look at what the wwe has turned into now. All it is now is talking and drama, there hardly ever wrestle there's like 5 matches each show and that sucks. So with that in mind Cena carries the show he makes it really fun and keeps your attention. Ok and when people diss on him it pisses me off sure he only has like 5 moves but hey he's not complaining he held the title for 380 days so he must be doing something right, even though the wwe is part of the reason why. I liked him back when he first came cause of his style and how he freestyled and yeah I miss that but now he has matured more and has improved a lot. They wouldn't of made him champ if he couldn't carry it well and face some of the top superstars to get to it. Everyone needs to realize how much he has done he has never backdowned from a challenge no matter the size of the person and if he wasn't injured right now he would be out there entertaining us every week and showing how good of a champ he is. Whether you hate him or like him he's going to give his all in every match and keep taking the wwe to new heights. He is creative on the mic in the ring and outside the ring I mean come on look at what he did to the title and he is truly an innovator and has his own style that should be appreciated cause he's setting himself away from the other superstars.

It isn't Cena's fault, Vince is the one who gives the orders for movesets and other things.

l agree its not his fault john cena is a good man l wish people would stop knocking him wish l could meet him you guys in the usa are lucky apreciate it cause you can see them more othen than me they come here once a year

ps vince mcmann likes making people unhappy lol

tricia (downunder)

So does Vince tell Cena NEVER to sell? You can't blame all of chav boys shortcomings on "orders from above". Cena has been champ now for the most part of 2 and 1/2 years. If he can't say he wants to do more moves then who can? That is if he can do any more moves

l agree its not his fault john cena is a good man l wish people would stop knocking him wish l could meet him you guys in the usa are lucky apreciate it cause you can see them more othen than me they come here once a year

ps vince mcmann likes making people unhappy lol

tricia (downunder)

Are you from Australia because so am I and people up in the USA really should appricate good wrestling because it only comes down once a year and for the past couple of years it's been only a RAW tour.

In the paragraph above I stated "people up in the USA really should appricate good wrestling" GOOD WRESTLING Cena is terrorble, alot of littlies like Cena because of his "True American Attitude" or so people say, his "Hustle Loyalty and Respect" and lets not forgot the fact he's a rapper little Kids love no tallent rappers who can't sing or play an instrument and go on the computer and mix there songs; Truthfully I despise

Are you from Australia because so am I and people up in the USA really should appricate good wrestling because it only comes down once a year and for the past couple of years it's been only a RAW tour.

In the paragraph above I stated "people up in the USA really should appricate good wrestling" GOOD WRESTLING Cena is terrorble, alot of littlies like Cena because of his "True American Attitude" or so people say, his "Hustle Loyalty and Respect" and lets not forgot the fact he's a rapper little Kids love no tallent rappers who can't sing or play an instrument and go on the computer and mix there songs; Truthfully I despise

im from the USA and i'd just want u to know that we here appreciate it.
And im sorry that it only comes once a year, but i just did not like what u said bout us .
Now my opinion on cena is he works hard in ring and puts fans in the stands so hes alright in my book

im from the USA and i'd just want u to know that we here appreciate it.
And im sorry that it only comes once a year, but i just did not like what u said bout us .
Now my opinion on cena is he works hard in ring and puts fans in the stands so hes alright in my book

What was that I said about you if I have offended you I am deeply sorry, I am very much against rascism

Those fans you speak of are people under the age of 10 and don't really know much about wrestling and what it's meant to be. Cena might be a good entertainer to some people but to me his boring and some times annoying

:blink:

Wow, you managed to be prejudice, arrogant and ignorant, all in the same post. Astounding really.

People in the USA DO appreciate good wrestling. Which is why John Cena is the number 1 guy in the world. Hell, do me a favor. What do you consider to be GOOD WRESTLING, and how does John Cena not apply.

*mentally prepares for response of "moveset" and "technical wrestling"....waits to see if he's right*

John Cena is said to be making great progress on his rehabilitation for his injury and Stephanie McMahon and Brian Gewirtz are hoping he can make his return at WrestleMania. Cena could make his return interfering in Randy Orton's match as he will probably be feuding with Orton upon returning.
Oh man my greatest fear Cena returning on WM. And why in the hell is he gonna interfering in Orton's match isn't this feud over??? If they even think putting the belt back on him when he returns I'm gonna FLIP!

Those fans you speak of are people under the age of 10 and don't really know much about wrestling and what it's meant to be. Cena might be a good entertainer to some people but to me his boring and some times annoying

Usually Slyfox takes out comments like these and owns the posters, but in this case I'll step up. I am ambivalent towards John Cena, but even I found this comment ludicrous.

1. Who cares if the people are under age 10!? What, you weren't 10 once? It's not like kids get admitted free! Somebody has to buy those tickets, like parents and other relatives. Besides, young fans is what SUSTAINS a business. 15 years from now, the 10-year old fans who mark out for Cena will be driving the business as Cena prepares to scale back and pass the torch, just like the fans currently in their 20's and 30's who watched Shawn Michaels come up are watching him do.

2. What the hell is wrestling meant to be? And how did you become the authority on that? Wrestling is meant to be attractive entertainment, and if young kids enjoy it, great! Then it's doing its job. And why insult the 10-year old wrestling fan's intelligence. I was pretty well versed in wrestling at age 10. So please, enlighten us, what is wrestling "supposed to be?"

3. Cena might be a good entertainer...yes, that is why he has a job and does well at it. That's great that you find him boring, that's ok. You don't have to drop your jaw everytime you see him. Wayne Newton is a great entertainer and bores the hell out of me, but I'm not claiming that the 50-year olds who see him in Vegas "don't know what a show should be like." Plenty of other WWE wrestlers and 2 other promotions for you to watch if Cena bores you. To each his own.

I hate Cena. He's a piece of crap wrestler, and his matches this year were completely overrated. His matches with Umaga were on the borderline of okay and crap, his matches with HBK were boring and tried way too hard to be epic, his matches with Great Khali were crap and his match with Orton was okay and anticlimactic.

I hate Cena. He's a piece of crap wrestler, and his matches this year were completely overrated. His matches with Umaga were on the borderline of okay and crap, his matches with HBK were boring and tried way too hard to be epic, his matches with Great Khali were crap and his match with Orton was okay and anticlimactic.
Why do you feel this way? In what aspect of professional wrestling did these matches, which you consider overrated, lack in terms of being a good match?

i really lyk the guy, he has gr8 mic skills nd is an amazing fighter, i've seen loads of wwe matches, i've been watching wwe sinse i was 5 lol nd the wwe our days doesn't have a lot of matches where u need a lot of wrestling skill our days, as long as ur a gd fighter, a gd entertainer nd have gd mic skills u'll get far in wwe. it annoys me when people insult him by calling him names, theres no need 2 go that far, he's jus there 2 entertain us. he makes an amazing atmosphere at shows thats y i feel they cant do wm 24 without him, he causes an amazing atmosphere jus lyk the rock did, the elecricity will be amazing when he returns.

I have never hated a wrestler in my entire life than John Cena.
I hate his gimmick, i hated his match at WM21, i hate his music, i hate pretty much everything about him. I think it was wrong for him to go over trips at wm22. and he was champion for like 24/27 months since the start of his reign, seeing him win time after time after time was boring, what happened to the times when the undisputed title was changing like every month??
If i was vince, i would have taken it off him at wm22. Whether people like it or not, controversy creates ratings and the more times cena would have gotten screwed i can bet that RAW would have had better ratings..
But I cant wait till he comes back, i really wanna see jericho beat him up so badly.

i completly stopped watching wrestling a few years back but 2 years ago i started again and i love it i liked cena at the start but then when i realised he should be chasing for the us. title or the tag titles with someone like carlito i stopped and the wwe makes him invincible!!

Cena is shit. plain and simple
Absolute waste of time I felt lyk he was shoved down the throats of fans nd thats y he would get booed. I hated watchin Cena matches cos no matter how much he got beat he would get up hit 3 moves and win!! if u gonna keep him in the title thing drop the STFU its a disgrace watchin HHH nd HBK tap out to it! the fu is fine he doesnt need a submission move!!!! I completely stopped watchin wrestling for 4-5 months and it was only because of him. U dont c Orton getin HALF the tv time that Cena had. Orton gets NO TIME AT ALL ND HES CHAMP!!! Cena gets tv title or no title. hes always there to win the title back if he loses it its fkin rubbish! i liked him more wen he first started back on smackdown started as a heel punk then made his way up and wen he had the spinnin US title he was aight but after the win over JBL ive hated him ever since. I strongly hate Cena nd hope he stays away from the title race for atlest 2 years!! hes lost all his basic things he started as. He used to b a thug rapper now hes a HUGE maineventer. Now he comes out says hes gonna win gets his ass whopped nd wins! The match that pissed me off the most was a match against Orton at Summerslam(I think) and Orton hit Cena WITH ALL OF HIS TRADEMARK MOVES!! only for Cena to get up hit 3 moves and retain his title Cena did absolutly nothin and i hate having him as a champion.
So its basic keep Cena away from titles unless he becomes a HUGE heel and beats the shit out of everyone!!!:D

i hate when people diss cean i mean yeah he only has a few moves but they are awesome and thats how he wins matches. second of all wwe has turned into nothing but entertainment and john cena brings stuff to the fans and they hardly ever wrestle anymore, its just a big soap opera. they gave him the championship because they knew he could carry it well and defend it against any opponent put in front of him. i know randy orton cant carry it very well and not much people like him. hes old news all of his matches are the same and when he comes ou to talk its so stupid. so forget all of you who hate on cena because there are people in the wwe than are worse than him you just dont realize it. such people as khali who has only one move and they gave him the world heavyweight titles...thats just stupid and i hope he gets released becuase hes a waste of money and has no potential at all

I dont get how some ppl think that cena's same old moves are cool. It is 5 moves that he has been doing for 3 years and thats still entertaining? BUt anyway, to me, cena has lots of talent but not enough so that he can hold the title for 3 years.

Thats just ridicuolus. Hes really boring in ring and im completely tired of his promos. I kind of respected that guy in the begginign but now i got no more..

No one seems to name how limited HHH is now either. I love the guy and think he is the best thing going for the business right now but he's getting to that point. Punch Punch, knee to the face, spinebuster, kick to the gut, Pedigree.

As far as Cena goes, I stand that up until he got injured and HHH returned, he single handedly carried the company. Granted ratings weren't high but with the amount of superstars that were injured...i.e Undertaker, HHH, Edge, Bobby Lashley. Now put in all the suspensions that happened late summer, and take into account the Benoit tragedy and John Cena did one hell of a job keeping the company afloat.

I dont get how some ppl think that cena's same old moves are cool. It is 5 moves that he has been doing for 3 years and thats still entertaining?
Shawn Michaels has been doing the same 5 moves for the last decade. Chris Benoit did the same match routine for the last five years of his life. Hulk Hogan did the same 5 moves throughout his mega run in the 80s and early 90s. Bret Hart used the same 5 moves to win every match. The Undertaker has used the same 5 moves since he was given the Undertaker gimmick.

I think every single one of those guys are entertaining and have been for a long time.

Number of moves have nothing to do with pro wrestling. When will people realize this?

BUt anyway, to me, cena has lots of talent but not enough so that he can hold the title for 3 years.
The reason he held the title for so long was because he had the greatest talent of all...making people care enough about him to pay to see him perform. THAT'S the talent professional wrestlers need.

HBK, Bret Hart, Hulk hogan, undertaker have all been doing the saemthing also but cena's get repatative. I dont know but thats the way i feel. Its just boring and vince is shoving it down our throats. Oh and people do not buy tickets just to see cena. Thats all the little kids and girls. While older men and some other wreslting fans can easily see cena did not deserve the push that he received.

HBK, Bret Hart, Hulk hogan, undertaker have all been doing the saemthing also but cena's get repatative.
No, it was just the easiest thing to bash Cena for because he was successful.

And, if the others have been doing the same thing, how is it they are not repetitive, but Cena is? That does not make sense.

Its just boring and vince is shoving it down our throats.
No, he is not. He is giving the fans what they want to see. Cena is the top draw in the WWE, who garners the most viewers each and every time he's on Raw. If people want to see him more than anyone else, than he is giving fans what they want. That's not shoving him down people's throat, but rather being a good business man.

Oh and people do not buy tickets just to see cena. Thats all the little kids and girls. While older men and some other wreslting fans can easily see cena did not deserve the push that he received.
1) Your premise is wrong, as it is not just kids and girls who pay to see Cena. I mean, what age and gender do you think I am? 2) Even if it was just kids and girls, who cares? Are they some how less of a fan than you are? Is their money inferior to yours? Is there fandom less than yours? Does it really matter who comes to the shows as long as more people come to see Cena than anyone else?

The answer is no.

I dont get how some ppl think that cena's same old moves are cool. It is 5 moves that he has been doing for 3 years and thats still entertaining? BUt anyway, to me, cena has lots of talent but not enough so that he can hold the title for 3 years.

Thats just ridicuolus. Hes really boring in ring and im completely tired of his promos. I kind of respected that guy in the begginign but now i got no more..

I, personally think its hilarious that everyone busts out the "5 moves" thing all the time, when EVERY wrestler does that!!! lol they are called signature moves, or signature spots. EVERY WRESTLER..I defy anyone here to name me a wreslter who doesnt have five signature spots they use...even the IWCs almighty CM punk, does lets see....the knees to the head thing, traps in the corner runs up knee in the face, jump off the apron to the top rope, for a flying clothesline, and the GTS...its called pro wrestling, and every guy does it, in every match, its what you are SUPPOSED to do...

Hulk, Rock, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Shawn Micheals, Undertaker, all of them all used 4 or 5 signature moves or spots every match. While Cena may have flaws, the "5 moves of doom" argument, in regards to him, or any other wrestler for that matter (see a lot of triple H's name popping up with this too...its funny when the IWC starts hating someone, the 5 moves of doom.reptitive moveset argument gets busted out first, when this is what EVERY wrestler does in 95% of all matches...)...holds no weight whatsoever...

I, personally think its hilarious that everyone busts out the "5 moves" thing all the time, when EVERY wrestler does that!!! lol they are called signature moves, or signature spots. EVERY WRESTLER..I defy anyone here to name me a wreslter who doesnt have five signature spots they use...even the IWCs almighty CM punk, does lets see....the knees to the head thing, traps in the corner runs up knee in the face, jump off the apron to the top rope, for a flying clothesline, and the GTS...its called pro wrestling, and every guy does it, in every match, its what you are SUPPOSED to do...

Hulk, Rock, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Shawn Micheals, Undertaker, all of them all used 4 or 5 signature moves or spots every match. While Cena may have flaws, the "5 moves of doom" argument, in regards to him, or any other wrestler for that matter (see a lot of triple H's name popping up with this too...its funny when the IWC starts hating someone, the 5 moves of doom.reptitive moveset argument gets busted out first, when this is what EVERY wrestler does in 95% of all matches...)...holds no weight whatsoever...

I agree with you 100%. Your absolutely spot on. I think its now gotten to the stage where people jst criticize Cena for the 5 moves of doom because they cant think of anything else the criticize Cena on. The guy is talented and Vince wouldnt make him a 3 time WWE champ(1 of those reigns being over a year long) because he doesnt deserve it. Cena along with many others are the future of WWE. He has starred in movies and has even made his own album. Im not saying everyone has to cheer Cena, Im jst saying that people boo Cena because of the "5 moves of Doom" even though loads of other wrestlers have 5 moves too.

I actually know a few people, not a lot, but like four or five guys, who simply boo Cena because he gets cheered by women and children. To them I say, " Shut the fuck up." Seriously, if that's how you decide who to root for in wrestling, then you are not a real fan, and don't even deserve to speak on the subject. And you can damn well guarantee that there are alot more people just like that. That's why there's constantly the arguement of "5 moves of Doom, repetitive moveset." There is no real arguement for booing Cena. He's not a heel, and he doesn't bore the hell out of the entire arena. Nothing but lame ass excuses. The way I see it, if a wrestler is putting on a good show, then they deserve to be cheered. I only boo the guys who put on slow boring matches like Mark Henry and The Great Khali. Although, some guys play really good heels, and you gotta respect that, so I boo them too, like MVP, JBL, and Mr. Kennedy. But Cena is a good athelete, and an even better entertainer. If you don't like the guy's style fine, but the way people pile on him and abuse him is just ridiculous.

People are free to boo or cheer whoever they want. That's what makes pro wrestling so great. Cena is the franchise in WWE.Even if he was a great technical wrestler or had more than five signature moves, he would still be hated. The bottom line is this: a few years ago, WWE decided to advertise a top guy with a squeaky-clean, blue-collar image that women and children can admire. They have done this before, (see Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels). Unfortunately, this has been a hard pill to swallow for a lot of people. He has been a great champion, despite all the bs arguments that Cena detractors have been discussing on here for the last few years. I can't remember many champions who have been able to elicit the type of crowd reaction that Cena has, love or hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back