lets talk about John Cena's wrestling ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mania23OffThaHook

Pre-Show Stalwart
ok so we've all been witnesses to the bashing of Cena. the fans seem to have warmed up to him since he lost the wwe title back in june. he was getting the main boos from fall 2005 up til about one night stand. i think i've heard the chant "you cant wrestle" directed at Cena about 584 times. i've watched plenty of cena matches in the last couple of yrs. lets look at his moveset to see what all the fuss is about. add in if i forget anything.

1. punches/haymakers
2. clothesline
3. sitdown hip toss
4. release fishermans suplex
5. back body drop
6. u cant see me fistdrop
7. spinning slam right before u cant see me
8. STFU
9. the F U

and the only moves i've ever seen him do off the top rope are a legdrop and where he hits his opponent over the back with his forearm. honestly thats all i can think of. am i forgetting anything?

It's not just him. Many great wrestlers use recycled endings (Bret Hart, HBK, Carlito) Obviously it's not as bad as Cena, but it's not the move set that hurts Cena. It's just his inability to use them in a different scenerio.

I have no problem with Cena’s wrestling ability. He is not the greatest (meaning he will never be confused for a Bret Hart or Chris Benoit), but he is passable (if only average at best). My annoyance with Cena has more to do with his corny catchphrases and his annoying persona.

I think Cena's moveset is good, and the way he does them is good. But sometimes i find his matches are a bit repeditive, he useally uses the same moves at the same time.

His matches have highly predictable outcomes with boring endings. But most likely he will be added to the hall of fame for being one of vinces favs. As far as his wrestling ability goes he has ALWAYS been boring since he was in wwe. I watched his first match with Kurt Angle and he did only like 1 or 2 more moves than he does now.

The issue is with who ever is giving him these carppy match finishes.If Vince told him to have a more scientific matchup the next time he was scheduled to wrestle,I'm sure John would shut all the critics up

Mania23OffThaHook said:
ok so we've all been witnesses to the bashing of Cena. the fans seem to have warmed up to him since he lost the wwe title back in june. he was getting the main boos from fall 2005 up til about one night stand. i think i've heard the chant "you cant wrestle" directed at Cena about 584 times. i've watched plenty of cena matches in the last couple of yrs. lets look at his moveset to see what all the fuss is about. add in if i forget anything.

1. punches/haymakers
2. clothesline
3. sitdown hip toss
4. release fishermans suplex
5. back body drop
6. u cant see me fistdrop
7. spinning slam right before u cant see me
8. STFU
9. the F U

and the only moves i've ever seen him do off the top rope are a legdrop and where he hits his opponent over the back with his forearm. honestly thats all i can think of. am i forgetting anything?
We've already had many threads made discussing John Cena and his moveset. You need to "Search" for these in the WWE forum. It only takes a few minutes instead of creating a new thread that discusses the same thing, you can use one of the already active threads that talks about the same thing. This isn't holding anything against you, but this has been done too many times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back