NFL Thread - 2010-11

Tom Coughlin needs to go for the Giants. We keep having up and down play. Why can't the damn team play consistent? Nevermind the fact that we have an idiotic offensive coordinator. A fucking 12 year old kid could have called a better offensive game than what Gilbride did the other night. Robert Mathis and Freeney were speed rushing all game. You know what to do in that situation -- call a screen, run some delayed draws, max protect, 2 TE sets, 3 step drops, quick slants, short routes, chiping the defender, etc. There was so many things the giants could have done offensively, but no, they continue to line up from shot gun all fucking game and take deep shots downfield. Look at what the Bears did against the cowboys, made offensive adjustments against a relentless pass rush.

As far as the defense goes, they didn't show up. Plain and simple. They're the most inconsistent unit in the NFL. One game, they look the dominant. The next game -- they lay an egg. I say its due to overconfidence and arrogance. How do you not show up for an overhyped sunday night game? They were shameless, unenthused, and absolutely disgraceful sunday night. They'll bounce back against the titans, lay an egg against chicago, bounce back against houston, lay an egg against detroit, etc. It's a neverending cycle. The defense has to get their shit together and play consistent. The Colts did NOT get the Giants best on sunday night. Any team would've blown us out the way we played. Coughlin needs to go if these blowout losses continue. No, not the fact that the team loses a game, its HOW they lose games. Unmotivated and uninterested from the opening snap of the football game. It's another 8-8 year for this team, how unfortunate.

So apparently The Eagles just made Michael Vick the starting quarterback ahead of Kevin Kolb. Me being an Eagles fan im excited for this move not because I think Kolb sucks or anything but because Michael Vick looks better than ever. Vick has learned to become a good pocket quarterback and he's running when he only needs to.

As much as it pains me to say it, Vick is once again Sick. He is looking great right now and you guys would be foolish not to try to catch lightning in a bottle. I've been hearing that the decision came from above Reid's head. If that is the case, that may not be a good thing because from what I know, Andy likes to have total control of on the field decisions. However, if that's what it took to get Vick on the field, then what choice did mgmt have really?

So apparently The Eagles just made Michael Vick the starting quarterback ahead of Kevin Kolb. Me being an Eagles fan im excited for this move not because I think Kolb sucks or anything but because Michael Vick looks better than ever. Vick has learned to become a good pocket quarterback and he's running when he only needs to.

You go with the hot hand. Right now, that's Vick. You'd hate to ruin anything the Eagles have going on by putting Kolb in there.

Michael Vick goes hard. And off topic he made those sixties uni's look pretty sick onthe field too. Im from Pittsburgh but know Randall Cunningham was a boss in his prime. Does Vick remind and Philly fans of him? Wasnt even around in the day he played for The Eagles...

Michael Vick is playing great, true. But he has shown in the past to be an inconsistent QB and somewhat streaky. If he can play consistent 14 games down the road, then congrats for him. But there are going to be some bumps and bruises and I'd like to see how the media (and Reid) reacts when the situation presents itself. Though, Vick fits best for Philly @ this point because of their offensive line struggles.

As much as Vick may be the better option at the moment, I'd say Philly should've stuck with Kolb. What's Vick, like 32 now? Wasn't the whole point of tradind McNabb to build for the future with Kolb? If they were just going to go with the best QB from the beginning, why not keep Donavan? Doesn't make any sense to me.

As much as Vick may be the better option at the moment, I'd say Philly should've stuck with Kolb. What's Vick, like 32 now? Wasn't the whole point of tradind McNabb to build for the future with Kolb? If they were just going to go with the best QB from the beginning, why not keep Donavan? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Well first off Vick is only 30 not 32. Yes The Eagles traded McNabb because Kolb was going to be his successor but Vick is playing at such a high level right now that you can't deny him the starting job. It's all about winning and right now Vick gives The Eagles the best chance to win.

I doubt the Eagles thought Vick would be able to play at that level, even against the Lions, who are actually better than before. I'd start Vick until he has a bad game, which may be the next game, and then start Kolb again.

So as week 2 is drawing to a close, it was another exciting week in the NFL.

I gotta start with the Bills vs. Patriots. Imagine that Trent 'Shitbum' Edwards gets benched all of a sudden we have an offense!!! Only 1 sack allowed, over 200 yards passing, and Moorman was only on the field once. Fitzpatrick messed up at the end with those two bad passes but still had a solid performance, and at least tried something whereas Edwards would've just stood there or looked for the check down. Spiller showed some life with that nice 95 yard kick return, some good rushes on his four attempts, and the nice little TD catch. Brady was Brady. Man does NE have to good rookie TE's they're gonna be good. Best part about Fitzpatrick's performance from yesterday is that it got Trent released!

It feels really weird to type this, that the Kansas City Chiefs are now 3-0! The 49ers just can't get the offense rolling, thats why they fired their OC today. KC will have a major test next week when they play Indy.

Detroit vs. Minnesota - Well Minny gets their first win. Favre still doesn't look like the Favre from last year. AP had another big day with 160 on the ground with 2 TD's. Jahvid Best does appear to be human after all, held to 39 total yards with no TD's.

The Titians were back to winning, beating up on the disappointing Giants. Chris Johnson was back to his normal form rushing for 125 and two TD's. The biggest thing for Tenn. is that there were no turnovers. Eli has continued to struggle a bit, he threw for almost 400 yards but had no TD's with 2 picks. Brandon Jacobs continues to be very unproductive.

Pittsburgh continues to roll without Ben. This time the offense took over and the defense didn't basically didn't have to hold them in the game. Good performance by Mendenhall with 143 yards rushing on 19 carries. Mike Wallace also had a good game with 3 catches for 100 yards with 2 TD's.

Jimmy Clausen didn't really get anything going in his first pro start. The duo of Williams and Stewart are playing very average, they're not looking like they have in previous seasons so far. Bengals ended up winning but their performance wasn't really nothing to write about. Benson continues to do good with two TD's one on the ground and the other through the air.

Cleveland surprisingly kept it close with the Ravens. Flacco had his best game of the season so far throwing for almost 300 yards with 3 TD's all to Boldin who had 8 cathces for 140 yards.

Dallas got their first win beating up on Houston. Romo looked good. Roy Williams showed up, had 117 yards with 2 TD's. For Houston turnovers hurt them as Schaub threw 2 picks and Foster lost a fumble.

St. Louis and Sam Bradford got their first win beating the Redskins. Rams had an early 14-0 lead but Washington battled back to take the lead in the 3rd, only for a few minutes as the Rams scored a TD and added 3 FG's in the fourth to secure it. Bradford looked decent. Jackson was held to just 10 carries but managed to get 58 yards and a TD.

Who is this guy Mike Vick? I always thought he can only run with the ball, was only mediocre at best passing the ball. Another very solid game by him. 291 yards passing through the air with 3 TD's and 30 rushing with 1 TD. Maclin already matching his TD total from last year with having 2 yesterday to bring him to 4 already. Another big game out of Jackson with 5 catches for 153 yards and a score. Maybe the Jags should take a page out of the Bills book and release Garrard, as he is back to sucking. MJD is having trouble finding the end zone, while he is running decent but just can't seem to score.

Yep Peyton was Peyton again throwing for another 300 yard game with and making it a third straight game with 3 passing TD's. Austin Collie was a fantasy owner's dream with 12 catches for 172 yards and 2 TD's. Kyle Orton throwing the ball crazy this season as he had 476 yards passing with a TD and a pick. Brandon Lloyd had another 100 yard receiving game making it 2 already, probably the first time in his career that he had 2 100 yard games. Gaffney having a solid day as well with 12 catches for 140 yards. Whats hurting Denver is their lack of running game with Moreno hurt.

Oakland had the game won against Arizona but Seabass' 3 missed FG's cost them the game. Most notably the last one after Rodgers-Cromartie gave them the gift with the 39 yard pass interference call. Another solid game by McFadden as he had another 100 yard game. Derek Anderson had a forgettable game with only 122 yards passing with 2 Td's and a pick, but they won the game so I guess thats all that matters.

What is up with the Chargers? Clearly Rivers is having no problems finding other targets without Jackson playing, as he had 455 yards. Blame on that came is turnovers as the running backs each lost a fumble and Rivers threw 2 picks. Seattle can thank Leon Washington for winning the game for them with his 2 kickoff returns for TD's. 1st round pick Ethan Thomas had a very good game for Seattle, as he had both picks, with the second one being the game clincher for Seattle.

NYJ vs. Miami was a good game for Sunday night football. Back and fourth all game. Sanchez had a damn good game passing for 3 TD's for the second straight week. LT had another good week with 70 yards rushing, getting his first rushing TD of the season. Dustin Kellar had a great 1st half with 2 TD's almost 100 yards receiving, then Edwards took over in the second half with a 67 yard TD. Henne had a very good game passing for 363 yards with 2 TD's and a pick, finding Marshall 10 times for 166 yards, spreading the ball around to Bess and Hartline as well, as each of them had over 80 yards receiving.

So as week 2 is drawing to a close, it was another exciting week in the NFL.

I gotta start with the Bills vs. Patriots. Imagine that Trent 'Shitbum' Edwards gets benched all of a sudden we have an offense!!! Only 1 sack allowed, over 200 yards passing, and Moorman was only on the field once. Fitzpatrick messed up at the end with those two bad passes but still had a solid performance, and at least tried something whereas Edwards would've just stood there or looked for the check down. Spiller showed some life with that nice 95 yard kick return, some good rushes on his four attempts, and the nice little TD catch. Brady was Brady. Man does NE have to good rookie TE's they're gonna be good. Best part about Fitzpatrick's performance from yesterday is that it got Trent released!

It feels really weird to type this, that the Kansas City Chiefs are now 3-0! The 49ers just can't get the offense rolling, thats why they fired their OC today. KC will have a major test next week when they play Indy.

Detroit vs. Minnesota - Well Minny gets their first win. Favre still doesn't look like the Favre from last year. AP had another big day with 160 on the ground with 2 TD's. Jahvid Best does appear to be human after all, held to 39 total yards with no TD's.

The Titians were back to winning, beating up on the disappointing Giants. Chris Johnson was back to his normal form rushing for 125 and two TD's. The biggest thing for Tenn. is that there were no turnovers. Eli has continued to struggle a bit, he threw for almost 400 yards but had no TD's with 2 picks. Brandon Jacobs continues to be very unproductive.

Pittsburgh continues to roll without Ben. This time the offense took over and the defense didn't basically didn't have to hold them in the game. Good performance by Mendenhall with 143 yards rushing on 19 carries. Mike Wallace also had a good game with 3 catches for 100 yards with 2 TD's.

Jimmy Clausen didn't really get anything going in his first pro start. The duo of Williams and Stewart are playing very average, they're not looking like they have in previous seasons so far. Bengals ended up winning but their performance wasn't really nothing to write about. Benson continues to do good with two TD's one on the ground and the other through the air.

Cleveland surprisingly kept it close with the Ravens. Flacco had his best game of the season so far throwing for almost 300 yards with 3 TD's all to Boldin who had 8 cathces for 140 yards.

Dallas got their first win beating up on Houston. Romo looked good. Roy Williams showed up, had 117 yards with 2 TD's. For Houston turnovers hurt them as Schaub threw 2 picks and Foster lost a fumble.

St. Louis and Sam Bradford got their first win beating the Redskins. Rams had an early 14-0 lead but Washington battled back to take the lead in the 3rd, only for a few minutes as the Rams scored a TD and added 3 FG's in the fourth to secure it. Bradford looked decent. Jackson was held to just 10 carries but managed to get 58 yards and a TD.

Who is this guy Mike Vick? I always thought he can only run with the ball, was only mediocre at best passing the ball. Another very solid game by him. 291 yards passing through the air with 3 TD's and 30 rushing with 1 TD. Maclin already matching his TD total from last year with having 2 yesterday to bring him to 4 already. Another big game out of Jackson with 5 catches for 153 yards and a score. Maybe the Jags should take a page out of the Bills book and release Garrard, as he is back to sucking. MJD is having trouble finding the end zone, while he is running decent but just can't seem to score.

Yep Peyton was Peyton again throwing for another 300 yard game with and making it a third straight game with 3 passing TD's. Austin Collie was a fantasy owner's dream with 12 catches for 172 yards and 2 TD's. Kyle Orton throwing the ball crazy this season as he had 476 yards passing with a TD and a pick. Brandon Lloyd had another 100 yard receiving game making it 2 already, probably the first time in his career that he had 2 100 yard games. Gaffney having a solid day as well with 12 catches for 140 yards. Whats hurting Denver is their lack of running game with Moreno hurt.

Oakland had the game won against Arizona but Seabass' 3 missed FG's cost them the game. Most notably the last one after Rodgers-Cromartie gave them the gift with the 39 yard pass interference call. Another solid game by McFadden as he had another 100 yard game. Derek Anderson had a forgettable game with only 122 yards passing with 2 Td's and a pick, but they won the game so I guess thats all that matters.

What is up with the Chargers? Clearly Rivers is having no problems finding other targets without Jackson playing, as he had 455 yards. Blame on that came is turnovers as the running backs each lost a fumble and Rivers threw 2 picks. Seattle can thank Leon Washington for winning the game for them with his 2 kickoff returns for TD's. 1st round pick Ethan Thomas had a very good game for Seattle, as he had both picks, with the second one being the game clincher for Seattle.

NYJ vs. Miami was a good game for Sunday night football. Back and fourth all game. Sanchez had a damn good game passing for 3 TD's for the second straight week. LT had another good week with 70 yards rushing, getting his first rushing TD of the season. Dustin Kellar had a great 1st half with 2 TD's almost 100 yards receiving, then Edwards took over in the second half with a 67 yard TD. Henne had a very good game passing for 363 yards with 2 TD's and a pick, finding Marshall 10 times for 166 yards, spreading the ball around to Bess and Hartline as well, as each of them had over 80 yards receiving.
And the Falcons beat the Saints in New Orleans in overtime in what was the game of the week, Garrett Hartley will get cut soon enough, and the both teams have a relatively easy road ahead.

I doubt Garrett Hartley is getting cut. He did kick the field goal to win the NFC Chamionship Game last year and had three 40+ yarders in the Super Bowl. I'd say his job is safe.

Good win for the Falcons though, which you could kind of see coming. The Saints hadn't looked great early in the year and Atlanta had something to prove.

In other news, the Steelers laid the smackdown on the Bucs. Freemen was actually pretty impressive. He has a good future. Charlie Batch was somehow able to pull 3 TDs out of his ass, two of which were extremely lucky. Mendenhall looks great and the defense has been phenomenal. If we start off 4-0 without Ben, I'd say the city of Pittsburgh will be extremely pleased.

The other 3-0 team is the Cheifs, shockingly enough. I'm not so sure they'll be able to keep it up as I have minimal faith is Cassell, but in that division, you never know. It'll be something to keep an eye on.

Haynesworth says he's not a slave, and somethign about the guys or staff on his team have no backbone? This guy has completely lost it. He 21 mil from the 'Skins and then proceeds to bitch about what position he has to play and what not? This dude is a disgrace and I hate the move the Redskins made for him.

In other news, nice win for the Chiefs, destroying the 49ers. If it weren't for the final 2 plays, the Niners would have had less than 200 yards total offense and scored only 3 points. Then again, they wouldn't have gotten Morgan hurt on a stupid play either. Things are going downhill fast for the Niners. And I said in my AFC West preview that the Chiefs have assembled probably the best staff, and I think that has to be helping develop these guys and putting them in this position. Well, except for Cassell. He might be a lost cause.

I doubt Garrett Hartley is getting cut. He did kick the field goal to win the NFC Chamionship Game last year and had three 40+ yarders in the Super Bowl. I'd say his job is safe.
Well you see that's the thing in the NFL it's not about what you did in the past. It's about what your doing for me right now and Hartley cost The Saints a divisional win. It pisses me off so much when I see kickers miss easy field goals because all there job is to do is kick. It pisses me off because I play college football and during practice us players are working hard and all the kickers do is kick field goals for two hours. So if me as a player bust my ass off for 60 minutes and it comes down to a kicker to win the game for us at the end and he misses a easy kick and the other team ends up winning, im going to be pretty fucking mad and worse of all it puts doubt in my mind doubt that hey maybe this guy isn't working hard, and as a player the last thing you need is your team doubting you.

Well you see that's the thing in the NFL it's not about what you did in the past. It's about what your doing for me right now and Hartley cost The Saints a divisional win. It pisses me off so much when I see kickers miss easy field goals because all there job is to do is kick. It pisses me off because I play college football and during practice us players are working hard and all the kickers do is kick field goals for two hours. So if me as a player bust my ass off for 60 minutes and it comes down to a kicker to win the game for us at the end and he misses a easy kick and the other team ends up winning, im going to be pretty fucking mad and worse of all it puts doubt in my mind doubt that hey maybe this guy isn't working hard, and as a player the last thing you need is your team doubting you.

I can see where your coming from, but it would really be a bad move to let him go. Yes it cost them a win, but do you honestly believe he now has become a shit kicker? I don't think so. If in another 3 weeks say he's still blowing easy points, then think about making a move. But right now, weather it and move on.

Now I know I've led the heat on the Niners here on this forum, but I haven't forgotten about my Redskins. I know this is just the start of the Shannahan era, but things don't look any different. We won a game against the Cowboys without scoring an offensive touchdown but solid defense, blew a 17 point lead against the Texans and didn't show up against the Rams at all. In my book this has been a disappointing start. Hard to figure out what team we're going to see in Philly on Sunday. What I do know is Vick has been tearing it up and if we can't straighten things out, expect another bad loss.

So apparently The Saints just signed 46 year old John Carney and it's being reported that Carney will kick for The Saints on Sunday against Carolina. Well tough luck for Garrett Hartley you have to make 29 yarders especially in a dome. Hartley was also 4 for 7 this year so you can also see why Payton made the move.

So apparently The Saints just signed 46 year old John Carney and it's being reported that Carney will kick for The Saints on Sunday against Carolina. Well tough luck for Garrett Hartley you have to make 29 yarders especially in a dome. Hartley was also 4 for 7 this year so you can also see why Payton made the move.

Hartley isn't getting released, the Saints are just going to keep two kickers like they did for the majority of the season last year. Just like last year Carney will most likely kick extra points and any field goals under 45 yards. Hartley will do kick offs and kick all of the longer field goals, 45+.

John Carney is the new Morten Anderson.

Other news Jets swoop in and sign Trevor Pryce off the waivers. Baltimore had planned on doing a Pittsburgh move by releasing him for a week, so they can have Ken Hamlin on the roster for this week, but the Jets were quick to act and signed Pryce for a year. Helps the Jets out since their D-line is a little banged up. I bet the Jets signed him for the veteran's minimum, as the Ravens still have to pay his $2 million dollar salary for this year.

2010 Power Rankings: Week 4
RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT

1 (5) Steelers 3-0-0 Who knew fourth-stringer Charlie Batch was the answer to Pittsburgh's QB woes? (Walker)

2 (1) Saints 2-1-0 NFC South has a legitimate rivalry now that Falcons have won at New Orleans. (Sando)

3 (4) Colts 2-1-0 In Denver, the Colts gave up a lot of yards, but they made defensive plays in red zone. (Kuharsky)

4 (2) Packers 2-1-0 It's hard to beat anyone when you're committing 18 penalties. (Walker)

5 (10) Falcons 2-1-0 Victory at New Orleans affirmed the good vibes resonating with this team. (Sando)

6 (12) Bears 3-0-0 Back-to-back wins over Dallas and Green Bay show the Bears are a force in the NFC. (Walker)

7 (6) Jets 2-1-0 For those judging QB development, Mark Sanchez has a slight lead over Chad Henne. (Clayton)

8 (8) Ravens 2-1-0 WR Anquan Boldin (three touchdowns in Week 3) showed why the Ravens acquired him. (Walker)

9 (3) Texans 2-1-0 The Texans' offense has to overcome defensive deficiencies. (Kuharsky)

10 (9) Patriots 2-1-0 With a defense giving up an average of 27.3 points a game, Bill Belichick isn't afraid to bench anyone. (Clayton)

11 (7) Dolphins 2-1-0 QB Chad Henne is pretty good. The difference between him and the Jets' Mark Sanchez isn't much. (Clayton)

12 (11) Bengals 2-1-0 The Bengals are winning with defense. But is it time to start worrying about QB Carson Palmer? (Walker)

13 (15) Titans 2-1-0 Michael Griffin and defense playing like it's 2008. (Kuharsky)

14 (16) Eagles 2-1-0 Now that Michael Vick is the new king of Philadelphia, do you think he'd let Donovan McNabb run some plays from the Wildcat for him? (Clayton)

15 (20) Chiefs 3-0-0 The Chiefs are deserving of the believers they gain each week. (Kuharsky)

16 (17) Cowboys 1-2-0 If you include the two losses and five preseason games, the Cowboys had the league's longest training camp. (Clayton)

17 (18) Vikings 1-2-0 Vikings go into the bye with a win but still plenty of concerns. (Walker)

18 (13) Chargers 1-2-0 AFC West dominance no longer a given. (Kuharsky)

19 (26) Seahawks 2-1-0 Seahawks seem calm and cool, just like their low-key coach. (Sando)

20 (21) Buccaneers 2-1-0 Victories over the Browns and Panthers will fade with Bengals, Saints next. (Sando)

21 (14) Redskins 1-2-0 The pressure is on Donovan McNabb and Mike Shanahan for Sunday's trip to Philadelphia. (Clayton)

22 (24) Cardinals 2-1-0 Schedule toughens up with San Diego, New Orleans in next two weeks. (Sando)

23 (22) Broncos 1-2-0 Offense needs to figure out the red zone after Indy debacle. (Kuharsky)

24 (19) Giants 1-2-0 With all the penalties and turnovers, the Giants appear to be a team in disarray.(Clayton)

25 (23) 49ers 0-3-0 Niners seem tight and wound up, just like their high-strung coach. (Sando)

26 (25) Jaguars 1-2-0 The Jags made strong bid for bottom slot with showing versus Eagles. (Kuharsky)

27 (31) Rams 1-2-0 Rams seeking first division win since 2007 when Seattle visits in Week 4. (Sando)

28 (27) Raiders 1-2-0 Field goal folly a breathtaking way to lose. (Kuharsky)

29 (28) Panthers 0-3-0 The Panthers are 0-2 at home already and have been outscored by 39 points overall. (Sando)

30 (30) Browns 0-3-0 The Browns have been in every game but have zero wins to show for it. (Walker)

31 (29) Lions 0-3-0 So much for the Lions being a sleeper in 2010. (Walker)

32 (32) Bills 0-3-0 Wonder if Trent Edwards will label Sept. 27 as Independence Day after being released after years of struggles. (Clayton)

The power rankings as of week 4.
Is there anything you disagree/agree with?
Anything that surprises you?

I can say I am totally surprised with the Kansas City Chiefs. I thought they would improve this season, but never thought they would start off three and o. I know it's still early in the season and the Broncos started of six and o last year, but we are talking about K.C. Things are looking up for that organization.

I also think that the 49ers should be ranked lower on the list. They might not be as bad as some of the lower ranked teams, but until they get a win they should be ranked under teams with a win.

I agree with the rankings for the most part. The ranking for the Chiefs is pretty accurate, they didn't overrate them, but they also respected the fact that they are undeafeted. I honestly don't think the Chiefs are that good. They've played two shitty teams, one they barely squeked out a victory in, and the other they did beat soundly, but still, shitty team. I'm convinced they got lucky againest the Chargers, they were at home, and everything was going their way.

In these next three games, I definitley see them getting their assess whooped, you can't stay undeafeted that long with such a shitty QB, and a pretty weak offense for the most part.

The Broncos rating was fair, and the comment summed it up perfectly. All we needed to do in the Colts game was capitalize when we were in the fucking redzone, and we couldn't do that. Our offense is great, we've got a slew of quick wideouts, and the Moreno/Buckhalter/Maroney running attack is damn good, once we figure out who to get the ball in the damn end zone I think we'll show people we're a better team than everyone thought.

2010 Power Rankings: Week 4
RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT

1 (5) Steelers 3-0-0 Who knew fourth-stringer Charlie Batch was the answer to Pittsburgh's QB woes? (Walker)

2 (1) Saints 2-1-0 NFC South has a legitimate rivalry now that Falcons have won at New Orleans. (Sando)

3 (4) Colts 2-1-0 In Denver, the Colts gave up a lot of yards, but they made defensive plays in red zone. (Kuharsky)

4 (2) Packers 2-1-0 It's hard to beat anyone when you're committing 18 penalties. (Walker)

5 (10) Falcons 2-1-0 Victory at New Orleans affirmed the good vibes resonating with this team. (Sando)

6 (12) Bears 3-0-0 Back-to-back wins over Dallas and Green Bay show the Bears are a force in the NFC. (Walker)

7 (6) Jets 2-1-0 For those judging QB development, Mark Sanchez has a slight lead over Chad Henne. (Clayton)

8 (8) Ravens 2-1-0 WR Anquan Boldin (three touchdowns in Week 3) showed why the Ravens acquired him. (Walker)

9 (3) Texans 2-1-0 The Texans' offense has to overcome defensive deficiencies. (Kuharsky)

10 (9) Patriots 2-1-0 With a defense giving up an average of 27.3 points a game, Bill Belichick isn't afraid to bench anyone. (Clayton)

11 (7) Dolphins 2-1-0 QB Chad Henne is pretty good. The difference between him and the Jets' Mark Sanchez isn't much. (Clayton)

12 (11) Bengals 2-1-0 The Bengals are winning with defense. But is it time to start worrying about QB Carson Palmer? (Walker)

13 (15) Titans 2-1-0 Michael Griffin and defense playing like it's 2008. (Kuharsky)

14 (16) Eagles 2-1-0 Now that Michael Vick is the new king of Philadelphia, do you think he'd let Donovan McNabb run some plays from the Wildcat for him? (Clayton)

15 (20) Chiefs 3-0-0 The Chiefs are deserving of the believers they gain each week. (Kuharsky)

16 (17) Cowboys 1-2-0 If you include the two losses and five preseason games, the Cowboys had the league's longest training camp. (Clayton)

17 (18) Vikings 1-2-0 Vikings go into the bye with a win but still plenty of concerns. (Walker)

18 (13) Chargers 1-2-0 AFC West dominance no longer a given. (Kuharsky)

19 (26) Seahawks 2-1-0 Seahawks seem calm and cool, just like their low-key coach. (Sando)

20 (21) Buccaneers 2-1-0 Victories over the Browns and Panthers will fade with Bengals, Saints next. (Sando)

21 (14) Redskins 1-2-0 The pressure is on Donovan McNabb and Mike Shanahan for Sunday's trip to Philadelphia. (Clayton)

22 (24) Cardinals 2-1-0 Schedule toughens up with San Diego, New Orleans in next two weeks. (Sando)

23 (22) Broncos 1-2-0 Offense needs to figure out the red zone after Indy debacle. (Kuharsky)

24 (19) Giants 1-2-0 With all the penalties and turnovers, the Giants appear to be a team in disarray.(Clayton)

25 (23) 49ers 0-3-0 Niners seem tight and wound up, just like their high-strung coach. (Sando)

26 (25) Jaguars 1-2-0 The Jags made strong bid for bottom slot with showing versus Eagles. (Kuharsky)

27 (31) Rams 1-2-0 Rams seeking first division win since 2007 when Seattle visits in Week 4. (Sando)

28 (27) Raiders 1-2-0 Field goal folly a breathtaking way to lose. (Kuharsky)

29 (28) Panthers 0-3-0 The Panthers are 0-2 at home already and have been outscored by 39 points overall. (Sando)

30 (30) Browns 0-3-0 The Browns have been in every game but have zero wins to show for it. (Walker)

31 (29) Lions 0-3-0 So much for the Lions being a sleeper in 2010. (Walker)

32 (32) Bills 0-3-0 Wonder if Trent Edwards will label Sept. 27 as Independence Day after being released after years of struggles. (Clayton)

The power rankings as of week 4.
Is there anything you disagree/agree with?
Anything that surprises you?

1. The Falcons need to be higher then the Saints. The Bears need to be higher then the Packers. The Texans need to be higher then the Colts. And the Ravens need to be higher then the Jets. In all 3 examples given, the lower ranked team BEAT the higher ranked team, and all 3 winning teams with the same (or better) records are ranked LOWER then the losing team.

2. The Chiefs need to be ranked MUCH higher. They are one of only 3 3-0 teams in the NFL, and the other 2 are ranked 1 and 6 (which should be higher). The Chiefs right now should be in the top 10 at least. They are yet to lose a game.

3. Have the 49ers shown ANYTHING that should rank them over the Jags, Rams, and Raiders, all of which have actually WON a game? Other then getting destroyed by the Seahawks (also should be ranked higher) and Chiefs, they haven't done anything.

Power rankings are so bias. I like them, but it doesn't make any sense for anything that I mentioned to not be true.
The REAL power rankings should be as follows:
1. Steelers
2. Bears
3. Chiefs
all the 2-1 teams
all the 1-2 teams
all the 0-3 teams.

Last time I checked, a teams record is important, yet here they ignore a teams record.

You can't go simply by a team's record, at least no this early in the season. Kansas City has looked good, but they've beaten the Chargers, Browns, and 49ers. Not a particularly tough schedule. I agree, they probably should be a little higher, but they really haven't proven they can be a top 3 team at this point. I wouldn't put them ahead of say, the Texans, whose win over the Colts is more impressive than all of KC's three wins.

Luckily, it's pro football and we don't have to worry about silly rankings, since they're toally meaningless.

The Jets did what Good Teams are suppose do and Dominated a Bad Bills Team few things from yesterdays game

1 Tomlinson is not finished and he played fantastic yesterday 19 carries 133 yards 2 Tds. Greene also had a good game Rushing for over a 100 yards.

2 The D played pretty good even without their three best players Revis, Jenkins and Pace.

3 Sanchez played another good game for a third straight game with 2 Tds and the key thing is he has thrown no picks.

4 Keller caught 4 balls and had 2 TD and is becoming one of the best TE in NFL. Edwards had a good game 4 catches 84 yards and 1 TD.

Next Week we play the Vikes on MNF and we get back Holmes Revis and Pace should be a pretty good game

Wasn't a great game, but I'll take the win. Of course talking about the Redskins-Eagles game. 'Skins didn't let McNabb toss it around very much, deciding to stick to the running game. It was a shame Vick got injured. Kolb didn't look too good out there. Interesting to see how injured Vick is and if he starts next game (my belief is he will). 2-0 in the division is good so we will see how things go from here.

49ers didn't look good in falling to 0-4. Offense scored 1 TD and they got that off a big pass interference call. I don't know how much longer they can continue to keep Smith in there, but he has got to go. If they lose to Eagles next Sunday and fall to 0-5 then look for Singletary to be considered for the chopping block. His vision just isn't working, and this fan base will not stand for it. Interesting to see where this goes.

My week 4 review

Bills vs. Jets - What a disappointing game for the Bills after last week contending with the Pats. After Fitzpatrick started to throw some good passes, the WR's couldn't catch the damn ball, also know were in trouble when Fitz. is our leading rusher, when he have 3 solid RB's. Jets looked good though, no surprise that they ran all over the Bills, seems to be the thing to do, as the past couple years thats all they did, except switch out Jones for LT. Sanchez stayed looked good, continuing not to turn the ball over yet this season.

Skins vs. Eagles - This game would've been a lot more interesting if Vick didn't get crunched between to defenders and had to sit out the rest of the game. Kolb came in and performed decent after a rocky start. McCoy had a good game with 64 yards rushing 12 catches for 110 yards. McNabb didn't do much in the game, but enough for his team to win. Throwing for only 125 yards with a TD and a pick, hell half of his yards came in one pass, a 57 yard pass to Armstrong.

49ers vs. Falcons - Man S.F. just can't catch a break, after leading late in the 4th, Clements intercepts the ball, runs 40 yards down the field to have Roddy White strip it form behind, Falcons recovered and Bryant kicked the winning FG with 2 seconds remaining. Those big plays from Vernon Davis just don't seem to be happening yet this year, with only having one TD so far, that came yesterday. This has to be the last season for Alex Smith at the helm for S.F., the guy is just not getting it done. Big ups to Tony Gonzalez for becoming the first TE to reach 12,000 yards.

Cinci. vs Browns - Have a day T.O., 10 catches for 220 yards with a TD, with that performance he moved into second place all time in receiving yards. The Bengals still couldn't get the win though. Cleveland almost blew another game with a 4th quarter lead, but held on this time. Hillis had another 100 yard rushing game, also another TD making it four straight games he has scored one. Seneca Wallace had a decent game, makes you wonder if Mangini will stay with him when Delhomme is healthy.

Packers vs. Lions - The Lions battled back from being down early in the 1st half to come within a TD at the end of the half, after Rodgers had 3 TD's out of like 8 completions. Basically took over in the 2nd half after Woodson had a pick 6 in the first minute. Calvin Johnson has proven to be Hill's favorite target (no surprise since he's the best WR on the team) getting him the ball 6 times for 86 yards and two TD's.

Denver vs. Tennessee - Well I gotta say that Kyle Orton is the real Super Orton, not Randy!!! This guy had another big day, 341 yards with two TD's. Brandon Llyod is only trailing Reggie Wayne by only two yards for most in the NFL, now that seems like only something that can happen in Madden, but it's the truth!! Chris Johnson seems to be on a trend so far to start the season, have a big game with 2 TD's then a crap game, granted were only 4 games into the season. Vince Young had a typical game that he usually does.

Seattle vs. St. Louis - Rams beating them up. Seattle looks to be a roller coaster team this year, one week look good, next week not so much. Bradford looking legit out there, having his best game yet as a pro, throwing for 289 yards with 2 TD's. Still surprised S.Jack doesn't have a 100 yard game yet.

Houston vs. Oakland - Man this Arian Foster continues to rip it up. 131 yards on the ground with a TD with 56 receiving yards with a TD. Raiders looking much better with Gradkowski as the QB. Their push in the 4th quarter was a little late as they lost by a TD.

Saints vs. Panthers - Well good thing N.O. signed Carney because he showed Hartley how to kick those short yard FG's, winning the game for the Saints. Clausen got his first NFL TD with a 55 yard pass to a wide open Stewart. DeAngelo Williams having his best game of the year so far, with 86 rushing yards, with about half of those coming off a 39 yard TD run to give him his first rushing TD of the season. Brees had a solid day with 275 yards passing with a TD.

Ravens vs. Steelers - Well in a game of defense Baltimore had the better one yesterday as they won 17-14. Steelers will get real interesting from this point with Ben coming back next week. Batch did alright, but Ben will get the offense rolling, with the way their defense has played, their gonna be real tough to beat.

Colts vs. Jags. - As always the Jags played the Colts tough. Scobee kicking the game winning 59 yard FG with no time left after Indy just scored in the last miute. Guess the signing of Trent Bumwards lit a fire under Garrard to play better. He still hasn't thrown for over 200 yards but completed 17/22 for 163 yards with 2 TD's. MJD stepped up to get his first 100 yard game of the season and TD's one rushing and one receiving. Peyton had a big game with 352 yards passing, but broke up his 3 straight games with 3 TD's, throwing only 2, while throwing his first pick of the season as well. Reggie Wayne had a monster of a game with 15 catches for 196 yards. Addai found the end zone twice, but still didn't run that well.

Arizona vs. S.D. - Nothing here but a blowout 41-10 win for the Chargers. As expected Derek Anderson is showing that he was a one year wonder, with throwing for 64 yards and 2 picks before getting benched for Hall who wasn't much help either. You just never know what Anderson is going to show up to play. Shaun Phillips was a beast out there, recording 4 sacks and a pick 6. While the rest of the team added 5 more sacks. Gates had a big game with 7 catches for 144 yards and 2 TD's.

Bears vs. Giants - What a boring Sunday night game, besides watching the Giants defense murder the Bears' QB's sacking them 10 times, knocking both Cutler and Collins out of the game. Tuck and Osi both had 3 sacks a piece. Bradshaw with a solid game rushing for 130 yards with a TD. Eli while not throwing for any TD's in the second week in a row, didn't throw any picks for the first time this season.

As much as I love them, the Falcons have to be the luckiest team in the entire NFL. That's two straight comeback wins pretty much over bonehead moves by the other team. But I'll take it, a win is a win. Move over Edge, there's 53 new Ultimate Opportunists. I think we've got a win next week over Cleveland, and we could be a 12-13 win team looking at our schedule from here on out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back