4. Niners
5. Redskins
6. Panthers

Wild Card Round

Steelers over Jets
Pats over Chargers

Falcons over Panthers
Redskins over Niners

Steelers and Pats are too experienced talented here. Carolina has taken their talent as far as they can, so have the Niners.

Divisional Round

Steelers over Colts
Ravens over Pats

Packers over Falcons
Redskins over Cowboys

Just like in 06, #6 Steelers over #1 Colts. The Ravens are too much for the Pats, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Green Bay may be the best team in the entire NFC and the Cowboys and Wade will choke like always.

Conference Championships

Steelers over Ravens
Packers over Redskins

Rematch of the 08 AFC Championship Game goes the same way with a late mistake by Flacco. Rodgers is far too much for the Skins as McNabb loses yet another NFC title game.

Super Bowl

Steelers 37
Packers 35

The same pick I made last year, ending in the same score as their classic game from last season. Super Bowl MVP, Mr. Ben Roethlisberger.

Like Mike and Mike, I'm going to do two teams a day.

Cardinals: Losing Warner and Boldin will be a huge loss but I believe their receiving corps will still be strong enough to weather the storm. It's time for Leinart to step up and prove that he can do well in the NFL. Their defense is still solid and their run offense will need to improve. Schedule-wise, most of their toughest games are away at Atlanta and San Diego and they have home games against New Orleans and Dallas. I see the Cardinals going 10-6 and winning their division.

Chargers: I've always liked Rivers as quarterback but the contract disputes by some of their big stars need to get resolved fast. Matthews was a good draft pick and he and Sproles should be able to replace Tomlinson. Rivers and Gates claim that they're a more cohesive team with LaDainian gone and I guess we'll have to see. The Chargers have an easy schedule and I can see them going undefeated until either Week 9 when they go to Houston or Week 12 when they go to Indianapolis. I have San Diego going 12-4 and clearly be the class of the AFC West

Buccaneers: Tampa Bay played decent in the last few games of the previous season and I look for them to build on it. I believe Freeman's stats will be better with another year under center and hopefully can form a tandem with Mike Williams. Williams should be a good receiver if he has the right attitude which sometimes he didn't display while at Syracuse. McCoy was a great draft choice and will be a huge positive for the defense. They have a tough schedule and the NFC South will be much improved. They'll still be last in the division but I think they will be 6-10 and be primed for a playoff push in the next two years.

Packers: The Packers seem to be a sexy pick for the Super Bowl but the only question is that can Ryan Grant be the Ryan Grant of a couple of years ago. I think he can be and I see big things for the Packers. The only tough games I see are at the Jets and home against the Cowboys. If Favre comes back, than at Minnesota is tough as well. I see Green Bay going 12-4 and winning the NFC North whether Favre comes back or not.

Sunday: Colts and Patriots
Monday: Steelers and Redskins
Tuesday: Jaguars and Lions

NFC South:
1. New Orleans
2. Atlanta
3. Carolina
4. Tampa Bay

Exactly the same as it was last year, imo. I don't see the Super Bowl Hangover that everyone is expecting the Saints to have. Their offense will still be a top 5 offense with a top 3 QB and their defense should be enough to get them 11 or 12 wins. Atlanta appears to be the only challenger, and I do see them splitting the series with the Saints. Matt Ryan is the real deal and with Turner healthy again, along with a slightly improved secondary, they should be in line for another playoff berth and their 3rd straight winning season. Carolina has the best rushing combo in this division, possibly in the entire NFL, and while Matt Moore looked pretty good to end the season last year, their defense just won't be able to cut it. As for Tampa, I expect the same as last year, 2-3 wins, but Freeman will show some flashes of brilliance.

NFC West:
1. Arizona
2. San Fransisco
3. Seattle
4. St. Louis

My first real 'out there' prediction having Arizona topping San Fran again in this one playoff division. I know many people aren't buying into Matt Leinart, but from what I've heard and read his teammates are behind him and I think that's one of the most important things a QB needs: faith from his teammates. Their offense still has a ton of weapons with Fitzgerald, Breaston, Beanie Wells, and an emerging Earle Doucet. Their defense is supsect, though, so I can understand why people may be taking the 49ers over them. The 49ers defense is clearly the best in the division, with Patrick Willis being their leader. Mike Singletary is a good coach, but I still don't think Alex Smith is the right answer. This is his year to either show everyone what he's got or get out. He's got a Pro Bowl TE with Davis and a quickly emerging Michael Crabtree, but Frank Gore's running on empty, and they're gonna need a good running game to take the pressure off Smith. Seattle has a chance to surprise the top 2, but I think it will take at least another year for Pete Carroll to get the full team that he wants, and I sense the Matt Hasselbeck era of Seattle ending soon. As for St. Louis, probably another top 5 pick in next years draft, Bradford should get in their first game after their bye, imo. Don't throw him in there with that crappy line. Let him learn from the sidelines, especially since there's a risk of injury with him.

AFC East:
1. New England
2. New York
3. Miami
4. Buffalo

I know many people have the Jets as their darlings and picks to go to the postseason, but if Tom Brady, who's on his second year back from his injury, is healthy, give me the Pats all day. They still have Moss, Welker, and Edleman as one of the best WR core in the game. And their running game should be decent, but not great. The defense may be questionable, but they do have some good players with Bodden, Wilfork, Merriweather, and others. For New York, it really is dependant on Mark Sanchez. If he goes out and does better then what he did last year, they're probably gonna take the division. However, I see a slight setback, but their defense is still too good for them to not make the playoffs. Miami is a sleeper in this division, though, and I think could surprise the Jets and steal the 6th playoff spot. Their offense has gotten considerably greater with Marshall added, and the defense added Carlos Dansby, among others. Chad Henne also should be better then he was last year, as well. As for Buffalo, I wouldn't be surprised if they 'earn' the first pick in the draft. Other then Evans this team has pretty much no weapons. Fred Jackson and Lynch are good, too, I guess, but Trent Edwards doesn't appear to be the answer.

Ehh, I don't wanna triple post, but I still got 3 more divisions to do, so...

AFC North:
1. Cincinnati
2. Baltimore
3. Pittsburgh
4. Cleveland

Yeah, surprise, surprise, I got the Bengals making it to the playoffs again. This team didn't lose much from last years team, and actually gained two competent receviers with TO and Bryant. Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph may be the best cover combo in the league, as well, and idk, I'm just not buying into this fluke season. Baltimore should again be a playoff team, and their offesne should be a lot more dynamic this year, but their secondary will be a weakness without Reed for the first couple of weeks. I think Pittsburgh missing Big Ben for the first 4 games of the season will hurt them a lot, as I think a 1-3 start isn't to be unexpected. And if it stays as a 6 gamer (which I doubt) then it will hurt them even more. Sure, they got Polamalu back, but, knowing his injury history, he might get hurt week two. As for Cleveland, I do actually like this team going into 2010. Delhomme SHOULD be competent and not screw things up, Harrison looked great in the last month, Cribbs is their stud, and their defense can be good. While I have them last, would a 7-9 or 8-8 season surprise me? No. But another poor season and Holmgren kicks Mangini to the curb.

AFC South:
1. Indianapolis
2. Tennessee
3. Houston
4. Jacksonville

Indy returns their core from a team that went to the SB last year, so until Tennessee or Houston overtakes them, they're gonna have to stay at 1. Tennessee and Houston I'm flip-flopping around. Houston seems primed for a playoff run with Schaub, Johnson, Slaton on the offense and some talents, like the Defensive ROTY Brian Cushing, on their defense. But I'm really sold on Vince Young. When he was finally made a starter the Titans were one of the best teams in football. Add that with the best running back in the game I just think there's another playoff run in their cards. As for Jacksonville, a top 10 pick is certain, while a top 5 may be probable. Jack Del Rio probably will be canned after the season, too.

AFC West:
1. San Diego
2. Oakland
3. Kansas City
4. Denver

San Diego, much like Indy, will need to be dethroned before I can put anyone at the top of the West. Ryan Matthews should be a ROTY candidate, and Rivers may put himself up in the top 5 QB's in the NFL with another good season. As for the other 3, it's a crapshoot. However, they finally got a good QB with Jason Campbell who I think might be able to win them a few games on an offense that was, well, poor. The Raiders may be sniffing .500, but that's about it. The Chiefs have one of the best front offices in the NFL with GM Scott Pioli, but I think they are, like a few teams, a year away from seriously challenging San Diego among the top. Denver is looking weaker and weaker by the minute, and is still being decimated by more as the days go on. I don't see this team going anywhere and see more of the 2-8 finish then the 6-0 start.

Playoff picks tommorow.

Quadruple post ftw.

NFC Playoffs:
1. Packers
2. Saints
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals
5. Falcons
6. Vikings

AFC Playoffs:
1. Indianapolis
2. New England
3. San Diego
4. Cincinnati
5. Baltimore
6. Tennessee

Wild Card:
Cowboys over Vikings
Falcons over Cardinals

Chargers over Titans
Baltimore over Cincy

Divisional:
Packers over Falcons
Saints over Cowboys

Baltimore over Indy
New England over San Diego

Conference Champ.:
Packers over Saints

New England over Baltimore

Super Bowl XLII
New England Patriots over Green Bay Packers 27-24

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
Defensive: DeMarcus Ware
Comeback Player: Michael Turner
Offensive ROTY: Ryan Matthews
Defensive ROTY: Ndamokung Suh

AFC
East
1.) Patriots
2.) Jets*
3.) Dolphins
4.) Bills

I hate them, but I have to give the nod to the Pats here. Theyve crushed me before by destroying my Steelers on multiple occasions in the playoffs, but this team just continues to reload year after year with younger players and they still have brady and Bellicheck. The Jets will be a wild card team after Sanchez fades down the stretch, and teams begin to zero in on the run. The Dolphins have an emerging defense and an emerging Qb in Chad henne, and the acquisition of marshall was huge. Just as important will be the emergence of Devone bess, and the health of Ronnie Brown and ricky Williams. Ill take the odds against their health. The Bills need to re-build on both sides of the ball, have no playmakers, and may be the worst team in football.

Ill do the AFC North tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back