• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IC25's NFL Prediction Thread

Lets be fair. Nobody on gods green earth knew what Matt Cassel was before Brady tore his knee up.

Exactly, but we do know what Kerry Collins is and it isn't much. The Colts would be smart to pick up Garrard but that doesn't make them a playoff team. Manning means more to the Colts then any other player for any other team.

A little late to the game, but I'll do this now.

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens (12-4): I can't stand their coach, but I think their aging defense is hungry for one more run and Joe Flacco is pretty good QB. Hopefully they get it done this year, though, because they have a long road ahead of them in the next couple of years.

Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7): A perennially great team that I think will have an off-year following their Super Bowl loss. Steelers fans shouldn't worry, though, since they'll probably be great next season.

Cleveland Browns (7-9): I like Colt McCoy. I think he has what it takes to make it in this league. If Holmgren can stay the course, I think he just might have success in Cleveland.

Cincinnati Bengals (4-12): I don't think there's a more incompetent owner in the NFL than Mike Brown. If he wasn't so stubborn, he could've gotten something for an equally stubborn Carson Palmer. Furthermore, they let Johnathan Joseph walk and AJ Green doesn't look like the next Calvin Johnson (that is to say, he's going to need a confident, very good QB to make an impact; I think Dalton can be that guy, but that's not going to be the case this year).

AFC South
Houston Texans (9-7): The Texans have the best offensive weapons in the league but they're never able to get it done. Due to a weak division this year, they'll go one and done in the playoffs and, unfortunately, a mediocre Gary Kubiak will just hold onto his job. Oh, and I don't think Mario Williams is going to transition well to the 3-4.

Indianapolis Colts (8-8) Realistically, the Colts are going to go 5-11. However, I pray to the football gods that this doesn't happen as a team that has drafted horribly over the past 10 years and that has almost solely relied on one of the greatest QBs of all time to carry them doesn't deserve a shot at one of the big 3 QBs coming out next year.

Tennessee Titans (8-8): Why didn't the Titans keep Babin? Whatever the case, CJ2K is a beast and I think Hasselbeck still a little left in the tank to manage a .500 season. If Jake Locker proves to be the prospect everyone thought he was in 2010, then I think the Titans will be the team to beat in the AFC South for years to come.

Jacksonville Jaguars (7-9): They'll probably do worse, but I'm keeping things even in all divisions.

AFC East
New England Patriots (11-5): I'm not buying the hype because their defense is still suspect. Ochocinco will probably have a rebirth of sorts in New England, but a true tiger can't change his stripes: Albert Haynesworth will be just as lazy in New England as he was in Washington (not that big of a deal though since he robbed the Redskins of millions of dollars).

New York Jets (11-5): Rex Ryan's mouth will write a few checks that his ass can't cash. Not to worry, though, as I still see the Jets making it to the AFC championship again.

Miami Dolphins (8-8): Mediocre team that I don't know all that much about. If the Dolphins stick to the run, then I think it's probably that Reggie Bush will prove to be the back everyone thought he was going to be coming out of USC. Also, Jake Long's the best LT in the game and Cameron Wake's not too shabby himself.

Buffalo Bills (2-14): I like their defense, but they're still a crap team, end of story. Something tells me that Luck will be calling Toronto his new home.

AFC West
San Diego Chargers (14-2): I think Philip Rivers is the best QB in the league. Hopefully Norv Turner gets his shit together on special teams so all of Rivers's hard work doesn't go to waste.

Kansas City Chiefs (10-6): I think the Chiefs proves resilient despite a tough schedule as a result of winning the division last year. Their defense is still damn good and Jamaal Charles is just too much of a stud RB.

Denver Broncos (6-10): John Fox embarks on the journey to rebuilding a one-proud franchise that Josh McDaniels ruined in one-and-a-half seasons.

Oakland Raiders (2-14): They're going to be shit. When you piss away a 1st round draft for a defensive tackle that only has 4 good years left in the tank and you let a good guard and an elite cornerback walk, you know you're going to have some trouble.

Im a little bit behind myself, but Ill weigh in as well.

AFC North

1.Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4): One of the things people need to recognize about the Steelers schedule is that it's incredibly easy, downright wrong for a team that went to the Super Bowl last year. Roethlisberger will play the full season this year, Polamalu is healthy again, and this team is incredibly deep defensively, especially along the D-line and the the LB corps. The homer in me wants to go 13-3 with the Colts coming up in Game 3, but they'll lose one game this year as usual that they should win.

2.Baltimore Ravens (11-5): The window here is closing for the Ravens defense. The secondary here is a large concern, as they struggled mightily against the pass last year. The acquisition of Vante Leach is a huge get, as he will likely do similar things for Ray Rice that he did for Arian Foster last year. The Ravens cut Mason, Houshmanzadeh, McGahee, and Heap, but their replacements are better in Lee Evans, Torrey Smith, Ricky Williams, and Ed Dickson. They'll be a playoff team and Flacco will improve, but it remains to be seen if he can beat the Steelers with Ben at QB, which he's yet to do in 9 career starts. I think the matchups between the two teams will decide the division as usual.

Cleveland Browns (6-10): Their best offensive weapons are Colt McCoy and Peyton Hillis, both of whom have alot to prove this year. McCoy was easily rattled at times and only threw a TD in 5 of 8 starts, with with 4 games being a single TD apiece. Hillis needs to show he's not a one year star, and his numbers figure to come back to earth this year. The WR corps are thin at best, as they don't have a WR who could even start on most NFL teams. The defense should continue to improve, but they're still middle of the road, which won't be enough to sustain what figures to be an inept offense once again. They're improving, but they're not there yet.

Cincinnati Bengals (5-11): I like their WR's and TE in AJ Green, Jerome Simpson and Jermaine Gresham, but who will be throwing them the ball? Andy Dalton didn't thrill this preseason, and he's probably 2-3 years away from being a viable starter. They'll likely rely heavily on Cedric Benson, whose a solid workhorse, but not a breakaway type back. Their defense should struggle with the loss of Jonathan Joseph, and a lot of players who are former first round draft picks who have underachieved terribly. This is a bad team with terrible ownership.

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts (10-6): So many people believe the Colts are just going to fold without Manning for half the season at least, but they're not considering the other weapons on this team. They'll get Dallas Clark and Austin Collie back for full seasons, and Joseph Addai is healthy and should be motivated after getting a 3 year deal. If this team can hang at 4-4 for the first half, and get Peyton back, they'll go 6-2 in the second half and win a very bad division.

Houston Texabs(10-6): I think this will come down to the next to the last game of the season against Indy, which they'll lose. Arian Foster's hamstring should be a major concern, although there is depth behind him in Ward and Tate. Schaub is a QB on the rise, and has 3 WRS and Foster with over 50 catches last year. Andre Johnson played hurt all of last year, and still racked up big numbers, so he'll likely do more this year if healthy. This is a defense that were major choke artists last year, blowing 5 leads in the final 2 minutes of games last year. They're going to be playing an atypical 3-4 defense for the first time since Kubiak came to Houston, and I think they'll struggle initially. Still, this is an explosive offense, with a defense that won't be as bad as last year. They'll contend for the division crown in the worst AFC division.

Tennessee Titans (6-10): There are so many "What Ifs?" with this team. What if CJ isn't in his best shape following his lockout? There's no substitute for practicing and getting in sync with ones teammates. What if Matt Hasselback has nothing left? He showed glimpses of still being a solid NFL starter last year in Seattle, but he was wildly inconsistent. What if Kenny Britt self-implodes? This is a run-heavy offense, but Britt is an incredible talent. Britt's his own worst enemy, and avoiding suspension may not send a clear enough message that he needs to grow up. He's also a player who will piut up big numbers one week, then totally disapear the next. Jared Cook should help improve the passing game, but this is still a below-average passing team. The defense is equal when it comes to question marks. Stephen Tolluck and Michael Griffin are very talented, but also inconsistent players. They let their best defensive player in Jason Babin go, which can't bode well for this defense.

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14): They're absolutely terrible. I still don't follow the logic of releasing your starting QB a week before the regular season starts, and Luke McCown, one of the worst QB's in the league, will be the starter. MJD lost his backup in Rashard Jennings, so Jones-Drew will likely see the ball a ton with little relief. Mike Thomas is their number one receiver and wouldn't start on most teams. The offense looks like it will be very bad, and the defense is just as pitiful. They could win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

AFC East

New England Patriots (12-4): Belicheck's refusal to settle on one RB will hurt them this year, as BJGE is the best they have to offer, and will likely only take half the snaps. Ochocinco is a nice get for NE, but will he start to phone it in when Brady spreads the ball around? Teams will adopt the Jets postseason strategy and cover the intermediate routes, and Brady and the Pats will have to adapt. Theyre more then capable of doing so. They're an average defense, and picking up Albert Haynesworth was a bd move. As much as Bellicheck is praised for his genuis, he makes some signings that perplex me. Haynesworth falls there. Still, this is the team to beat in the division.

New York Jets (11-5): A close second to the Pats once again. How Plax fits in and Sanchez' continued development will be the keys to this team's success, along with continuing to have the NFL's best secondary. They're a playoff team for sure.

Miami Dolphins (7-9): They were supposed to bring in "competition" for Chad Henne, and the best they could do was Matt Moore? This is a team that should consider signing Garrard, as Brandon Marshall could likely have another 100 catch, 10 TD season with him. Bush isn't an every down back or even a starter in this league, and I expect Daniel Graham to overtake him by midseason, whether it be due to injury or Bush flopping. The defense could break top ten numbers with Vontae Davis becoming a true shutdown corner, and Dansby and Wake being one of the better LB duos in the league. Their offense simply won't produce enough for them to get to .500.

Buffalo Bills (4-12): They gave up dependable WR Lee Evans for nothing, which will allow teams to blanket Stevie Johnson and dare Buffalo's other WR's to beat them. The offensive line is possibly the worst in the leaague, rendering what should be a good running game with Jackson and Spiller less valuable. The defense showed spots of improvement last year, but still easily the worst in their division. They'll be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes as well.

AFC West

San Diego Chargers (13-3): The top defense in the league paired with the best defense in the league, statistically, and they still don't make the playoffs? I expect they'll rectify their ST worries and will again be at the top of the league in defense and offense. Philip Rivers is the AFC's Aaron Rodgers in terms of the accuracy and ability to make the impossible throws, and he'll have his best WR for the full season this year in Vincent Jackson. Gates should be as good as ever, and Matthews and Tolbert are an excellent 1-2 punch at RB. The defense will be just as good as last year's, and this team should be a SB contender.

Kansas City Chiefs (11-5): Jamaal Charles may be the best running back in the league by years end, and Thomas Jones is a nice compliment. Matt Cassel's health is a concern, but he found a stud WR last year in Dwayne Bowe. Tamba Hali, Tyson Jackson, and Glenn Dorsey among others combine to make this one of the league's best defense. They likely won't make the playoffs, because they won't be able to overcome the Chargers.

Oakland Raiders (6-10): Another team that made some puzzling decisions in the offseason, letting Nmandi Asomagua leave in free agency. Jason Campbell isn't going to make an impact at QB, and Zach Miller also left. They do have a monstrous 1-2 running back combo with DMC and Michael Bush, but they dont have the downfield targets to open the passing game up and make room for the running game. The defense will struggle mightily this year, as the run defense hasn't improved from last year, and they lost their best pass defender. There are some bright spots on the team, but the defense and below-average passing game will keep them below .500.

Denver Broncos (4-12): The hell happened to this team? Brandon Lloyd was actually one of the best receivers in the league last year, and he'll still be very good. Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney, and Knowshon Moreno all need to live up to their talent, and Kyle Orton needs to duplicate last year's season to have a prayer. The defense is very bad, although John Fox will rectify that eventually. They're just a few years away because the defense is that bad.

AFC Playoffs:​
(2. New England = bye)

3. Pittsburgh>
6. Baltimore

The Steelers have the Ravens number and until the prove otherwise, this game goes to the Steelers. Too many playmakers on both sides of the ball for Baltimore to compete with.

4. Indianapolis
5. NY Jets >

The Colts will be able to make it through the regular system, but the Jets have the defense to shut them down, and the running game to punish a weak Colts run defense.

(1. San Diego= bye)

1.San Diego >
5. NY Jets

Two of the better defenses in the league meet up here, but the difference will be Philip Rivers. He's a franchise QB, which Mark Sanchez isn't, and possibly never will be. Rex Ryan will likely devise a scheme to attempt to stop them like they did NE last year, but SD's balanced running game and passing game will be too much, even for the mighty Jets D.

2. New England >
3. Pittsburgh

I'd love to be a homer here, but the Patriots have had the Steelers number in the same way the Steelers do Baltimore's. New England will spread out a thin Pittsburgh secondary and Brady will pick them apart, much like Aaron Rodgers did in the Super Bowl last year. The Steelers will keep it close, but Brady and co. will win this by a TD.

1. San Diego >
2. New England

Philip Rivers makes his first appearance in the Super Bowl as the Chargers rip the Patriots. SD does have the defense to stay with NE, and the offensive balance to score just enough points to get past the Patriots to the Super Bowl.

Ill get to the NFC later.

AFC East

1. Patriots- Just a great all around team. They have the best QB in the league, who can make anyone on the field look good (i.e. Danny Woodhead, who's made his way to the starting lineup on my fantasy team.) They have a decent backfield, which I feel is the only thing that could hurt them, espeacially if Brady gets hurt again, but on the other hand, Ryan Mallet would be good. On the defensive side of things, if Haynesworth is really back to being what he was, than this team will have the best run defense in the league. Along with big Woolfork, that D-Line is nearly unstoppable. Their linebackers are decent, and was well as their secondary. I still expect the Pats to take this division without much problem.

2. Jets- I don't get why there is so much hype for Mark Sanchez. If he didn't have such a great receiving core, he would not be starting. Everything else on the Jets offense is good. Great one two punch of Greene and LT at halfback; along with a good receiving core. On defense, the loss of Kris Jenkins is still affecting them at D line. They have decent linebackers at best in my opinion, with Bart Scott leading them. They have a great secondary, which will give teams trouble IMO leading with Revis. They won't come close to winning the division, but they will put up a fight for the Wild Card.

3. Dolphins- I really liked Chad Henne in college, but I still feel like he hasn't adjusted to the NFL yet. The addition of Reggie Bush is huge, as I feel like he's a better fit in Miami rather than New Orleans. Brandon Marshall will step up this season, and I say that this will be the best season of his career. I feel like in the preseason, he became adjusted to the Dolphins' offense, and he will take over. Jake Long leads a strong O-Line, which will help out Henne and Bush a lot. I'm not high up on the Dolphins' defense. It was a nightmare last year, and I feel like this year won't be too much different. Nobody too noteworthy on their D. I see the Dolphins definitely competing for a Wild Card spot, and I feel like the two AFC wild cards could both be from the east.

4. Bills- Steve Johnson is the only upside on this teams offensive in my opinion. Really terrible O-Line, and a below average quarterback, I feel like this will be one of the worst offenses this year. On defense the only guy I like is Paul Posluszny. The rest of the defense is pretty mediocre, and against this division, that's really not a good thing. This team will be in the basement not only in the division or the conference, but in the entire league; not expecting too much from Buffalo, and maybe a full move to Toronto would help.

AFC North

1. Steelers- Defending AFC champs are looking strong. Big Ben looked great this preseason, and with a stellar offensive line, I feel like Ben will have one of his best seasons yet. Not too high on Rashard Mendenhall yet, as I feel like he is pretty inconsistent, and that could hurt them. Decent receiving core, along with the great offensive line that I already mentioned leads us to the defense. This defense is one of the best in the NFL. Lead by James Harrison, the Steelers are mean, and looking for another title. Great D-Line, great linebackers, but the only weakness is parts of their secondary. Besides Troy Palamalu and Ike Taylor, I feel like their secondary isn't depth, which could hurt them, but I feel like it probably won't. Steelers take the division in a very close 3 team race, and get atleast one home game in the playoffs.

2. Ravens- I've been high up on Joe Flacco since he was at the University of Delaware. This guy has a cannon for an arm, and he's very accurate too. With the addition of Lee Evans, this only makes Flacco more dangerous. Along with Ray Rice, I feel like the Ravens will have one of the best offenses in the league this season. Their defense has been strong for a while too. Lead by the crazy maniac Ray Lewis, these guys are looking to knock someout out. Strong D-Line lead by pro bowler Haloti Ngata , linebackers lead by Lewis, and a pretty strong secondary as well. These guys take second to a strong Steelers team, and compete for a wild card birth.

3. Browns- It's time to get out of the basement for these guys. Colt McCoy is ready to take over in my opinion, and along with Mr. coverboy (Peyton Hillis), this offense is ready to make a statement. A decent O-Line, but not so decent receivers could stir up some trouble for Cleveland. Their defense could hurt them as well. Decent against the run, and not so decent against the pass, which will prevent them from competing with teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Cleveland has a very strong season (well atleast for them), and take 3rd, but a high draft pick, which hopefully they will take a defensive player, because that's whats separating them from making the playoffs in a tough division.

4. Cincinatti- I'm looking forward to seeing Andy Dalton and AJ Green. That is all for this team. Last in a great division and another low draft pick; probably top 5 this time.

AFC South

1. Jaguars- PLEASE START BLAINE GABBART! I'm going to completely disagree with LSN above me, and say that if Gabbart starts (which once they learn how awful Luke McCown is after week 2, they will). Not a great receiving core, but with MJD, a great one isn't truly needed. MJD will have a career year, and put the team on his back to the playoffs in this season's NFC West of last season. Decent defense at best, which will cause trouble, but probably not too much. Yes, Jacksonville will take the division, but they won't have a good record; this division will be awful, adn the Jags will be the best of the worst.

2. Houston- Arian Foster makes a huge difference in my opinion. I'm watching Fantasy Football Now right now, and they say that there is a chance that the Hamstring injury could be recurring, which is really not good for Houston. A good QB in Schaub and the best Wide Receiver in the league closes out the offense, along with a pretty bad offensive line. On defense, Mario Williams is a beast; that's all. Williams will be a pro bowl starter this year; I'm really high up on him. Houston chokes in the year that they were supposed to make the playoffs, and don't get in, and get a lousy draft pick as well, another disappointment for this team.

3. Colts- Just as Arian Foster above, Peyton Manning makes a huge difference. Just like Tom Brady, he can make whoever look good. The Colts will not go anywhere without him. The Colts have a hard playbook, and the chances the 40 year old Kerry Collins learns it well that fast is a long shot. Good wide outs with sparks a question on how good they'll do without Manning. The Colts still have a strong defense, lead by Dwight Freeney, but they still have some holes there. Their linebackers are pretty inconsistent, which isn't good for them. The Colts miss the playoffs this year, but get a surprisingly good draft pick.

4. Titans- They're just here. I'm not sure if Jake Locker will start or not (I'm pretty sure he's not though), but you can't have a one man team (Chris Johnson). Along with Kenny Britt's problems, I'm not expecting much from this team. The Titans get last in a bad division which equals a top 5 draft pick.

AFC West

1. Chargers- Looking forward to see what San Diego can do this year. Rivers and Tolbert will each have huge seasons (Tolbert's on my fantasy team, so let's hope so). Strong O all around, and strong D all around is already good, and the Chargers have it. Chargers take the division out of big seasons from many of their key players.

2. Raiders- They did it! They're going to take second somehow. I despise Al Davis; I feel like he should just walk away from the game. I can't stand to look at his old 80 year old face, but he has Darren McFadden. This guy will have a huge year; leading the team to a second place finish. There are some holes on defense, but Oakland will find their way about half way through the season, maybe a little bit earlier. Raiders will compete for the wild card this year off of an amazing year from Run DMC, and strong contributions from other key playmakers.

3. Chiefs- More like The Fighting Matt Cassel's. Along with Dwayne Bowe, Matt Cassel will carry this team on his back. Decent receivers plus Bowe (who will be a pro bowler this year), The Chiefs could make a run. Defense is a problem though. A decent D-Line, and an average secondary is it. Just like the East, the AFC West could definitely have two wild card teams this year, and the Chiefs will be fighting for it.

4. Broncos- Just as long as Tim Tebow doesn't start, than I'm fine. It would be fun to actually see Brady Quinn start for this team, as I feel like this division will have the best combined record of teams. I feel like out of all of the number 4 teams in the AFC, Denver will have the best record. With Elvis Dumervil being back, that will light a spark in their already decent defense. I just feel like Denver just can't beat the great teams yet, and with a hard schdule, that will seperate them from the other 3 teams in this division. Denver takes 4th, but puts up a strong fight; just like the Browns, they will make the playoffs soon, but just not yet.

Playoffs

1. Patriots (bye)

4. Jaguars
5. Ravens >

3. Chargers >
6. Raiders

2. Steelers (bye)

1. Patriots
5. Ravens >

3. Chargers
2. Steelers >

5. Ravens
2. Steelers >

AFC Champ: Steelers

NFC will probably come later. Most likely during the 1:00 game, as I probably won't be on for the 4:00 game (Giants vs. Redskins).

For the NFC

NFC North
Green Bay Packers (12-4): Aaron Rodgers is an undeniable stud QB. I don't think he's Philip Rivers good, but his quick release is sick. Although they haven't changed much in terms of personnel, I strongly believe that the defense won't be nearly as good as it was last year. Yes, the Packers will have a better regular-season record than last year, but I don't see them going back to the SB.

Chicago Bears (9-7): Tough schedule due to winning the division last year. Furthermore, Lance Briggs is the most overrated LB in the game and the jury's still out on Jay Cutler's testicular fortitude ;).

Detroit Lions (7-9): If Matt Stafford can stay healthy and live up to his potential, then they'll go 9-7. That being said, Jim Schwartz is still a poseur of a coach who is no better than Gary Kubiak.

Minnesota Vikings (4-12): I like to keep things even, plus I don't know that much about the Vikings. This is the prediction that I'm most unsure about, although I'm confident that they won't be vying for a division championship this year.

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons (12-4): Mike Smith is another poseur in my eyes. The Falcons will probably get a bye and lose in the Georgia Dome just like they did this year.

New Orleans Saints (11-5): Drew Brees is the man, but it looks like tough times are ahead for Gregg Williams's defense. I hope he succeeds as I've been a fan of his since his time in Washington.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-8): They fared well last year and have just added more young cogs. I think they'll slip this year but this is one team that is going to do big things after this season. The Bucs will definitely be the NFC team to beat quite soon.

Carolina Panthers (1-15): Keeping things even. Realistically, they'll probably go 5-11 or 6-10, add Quinton Coples in the 2012 draft, and have the most feared pair of DEs in the NFC for at least five years.

NFC East
Philadelphia Eagles (11-5): They'll win the division and choke in the wild-card round. I'll laugh my ass off as will every other fan of a rival NFC East team.

Washington Redskins (9-7): I'm a homer. That being said, the Redskins are under the radar, have done nothing but improved their defense, and have added a potential breakout offensive star in Tim Hightower. If Shanny runs the ball like he used to and our defense plays like it should, given their schedule, there's no reason why the 'Skins shouldn't have this record this year.

New York Giants (7-9): Their defense is all but decimated and they're about two years out from needing a rebuild. Every team eventually falls. Good news for Giants fans is that their team always seems to make it to the Super Bowl once every eight to twelve years.

Dallas Cowboys (5-11): They're going to suck balls this year. Ryan's a phoney and Jerruh really needs to start adding pieces to his secondary and O-line instead of adding studs at skill positions.

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals (9-7): Whisenhut's feeling the Arizona heat, and Fitzgerald probably now has a competent QB who can let him work his magic. The NFC West is extremely weak, the Cardinals should feel lucky.

St. Louis Rams (8-8): Did the Rams even add any deep threats for Bradford this off-season? Can we really consider Sims-Walker a deep threat? Maybe he'll have a breakout year, I don't know.

Seattle Seahawks (8-8): Just keeping things even. They'll probably go 7-9 like last year despite necessarily having to play the Bears and the Falcons.

San Francisco 49ers (7-9): Harbaugh's going to try to suck for Luck, but it's not going to work. The NFC West is too weak of a division and the Bills and Bengals outdo the 'Niners in terms of ineptitude. Let's hope Kaepernick works out for ya, Jimmy.

It's too late to change my predictions but obviously the Colts aren't going to the playoffs this year. Houston will finally win the AFC South basically by default.

That division is now much more interesting. Houston probably takes it now but once Tennessee figures things out, they'll compete.

That division is now much more interesting. Houston probably takes it now but once Tennessee figures things out, they'll compete.

The Titans have one of the worst defenses in the league and I highly doubt Hasselbeck continues to do what he did last week. If the Jags still had Garrard then they may have been able to compete but I don't see anyone challenging Houston now.

The Titans have one of the worst defenses in the league and I highly doubt Hasselbeck continues to do what he did last week. If the Jags still had Garrard then they may have been able to compete but I don't see anyone challenging Houston now.

There's still A LOT of Football left to be played my friend and Houston has a habit of shooting themselves in the foot towards the end of the season. They always do this. They'll start well, but then down the line, they'll lose games that they should win and miss the playoffs again.

I think it comes down to Jacksonville and Houston because I don't think Tennessee can get the job done. Week 6, Jacksonville goes to Houston. We'll see what happens.

Why does everyone think releasing Garrard makes the Jags a worse team? Garrard wasn't any good! Garrard would have done the exact same thing that McCown did last week, which was turn around and hand the ball off to Maurice Jones-Drew and Deji Karim. I actually saw McCown make a few throws last week that I've never seen Garrard make. McCown had a clutch completion to Mike Thomas that helped seal the game, although the play calling afterwards made things a bit more dicey. McCown is just as good as Garrard. Garrard was nothing more than a good back up quarterback. I'm expected Blaine Gabbert to take over after the bue week, even though I would have started him week one.

Also, Hasselbeck is horrible. He looked downright awful in the game against the Jags. The only reason his stats looked as good as they did was because of a fluke broken play to Kenny Britt. Other than that one lucky play, he would have made David Garrard look good. He threw a duck of a pass to end any chance the Titans had of a comeback.

Why does everyone think releasing Garrard makes the Jags a worse team? Garrard wasn't any good! Garrard would have done the exact same thing that McCown did last week, which was turn around and hand the ball off to Maurice Jones-Drew and Deji Karim. I actually saw McCown make a few throws last week that I've never seen Garrard make. McCown had a clutch completion to Mike Thomas that helped seal the game, although the play calling afterwards made things a bit more dicey. McCown is just as good as Garrard. Garrard was nothing more than a good back up quarterback. I'm expected Blaine Gabbert to take over after the bue week, even though I would have started him week one.

Garrard was a seasoned veteran who was a proven winner as a starter. He was never anything spectacular but when it came down to it, he got the job done more often then not. He also did it without ever really having a great receiving group to throw the ball to. Luke McCown is 100% unproven and from the little I've seen he certainly isn't better then Garrard. Losing Garrard saved the Jags money but it also made them slightly worse as a team.

As far as Houston goes, they have collapsed in the past but this is the most talented team they have ever had on both sides of the ball and they also have virtually no competition in their division. I would bet every cent I own on them making the playoffs barring a major injury.

Garrard was a seasoned veteran who was a proven winner as a starter. He was never anything spectacular but when it came down to it, he got the job done more often then not. He also did it without ever really having a great receiving group to throw the ball to. Luke McCown is 100% unproven and from the little I've seen he certainly isn't better then Garrard. Losing Garrard saved the Jags money but it also made them slightly worse as a team.

As far as Houston goes, they have collapsed in the past but this is the most talented team they have ever had on both sides of the ball and they also have virtually no competition in their division. I would bet every cent I own on them making the playoffs barring a major injury.

After today, I guess you were right haha. Guess I shoulda known better to place so much on one outing for McCown. But it showed today how much they missed Garrard. You put him behind center, Jags win that game no questions asked. But the Jets live to run their mouths another day :banghead:

Ehhh kind of want to post my NFC picks, so I'll do them without any explanations.

North:
Packers
Lions
Bears
Vikings

South:
Saints
Falcons
Buccaneers
Panthers

East:
Giants