• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Playoff Prediction Thread

I went 2-2 again this week with the Packers losing being the most surprising of the two.

AFC Championship Game

New England Patriots vs Baltimore Ravens- The Patriots looked like the best team in the NFL this past weekend but it was against a Denver team that was probably the worst of all the AFC teams despite their upset of Pitt last weekend. Baltimore looked awful especially on offense against Houston but in the end they pulled it out and Ray Lewis played like he was 25 again. Before the season started I picked the Ravens to win it all and I am going to stick with that pick. Ravens win a close one in New England.

NFC Championship Game

San Francisco 49ers vs New York Giants- I don't think too many people predicted this match up but it should be a very good one. The Giants offense is on fire and their defense has looked like the D of old the last couple weeks. The 49ers probably have the best defense in all of football and Alex Smith proved he can lead the offense down the field in crunch time. When it's all said and done I think the 49ers defense will be able to slow down Eli and the G Men enough to get a close victory.

That sets up a Super Bowl of Baltimore vs San Francisco. The Harbaugh Bowl part 2.

I went 3-1 for the 2nd straight week. Pretty sure I'm winning this thing. I expect my cash prize in the mail shortly. Anyway, looking at this week.

Ravens at Pats

This is easy. The Pats struggle against teams that can pass on them, but they're going against Joe Flacco who has really struggled in the playoffs, especially on the road. On the other side, the Ravens D didn't look great today even though they were facing a completely overmatched QB, who Tom Brady is about 200 times better than. Brady/Gronkowski/Hernandez are just too good, Pats in a romp.

Giants at 49ers

This is a really tough one. San Fran's D is outstanding. and Smith looked great yesterday, but I'm still skeptical about if he can keep it up. On the other hand, the Giants have played pretty well the last few weeks, but have also looked hopeless at other points during the season. In the end I have to take Eli of Smith, Giants seem to be destined for greatness this year.

went 2-2 in Divisional Round getting both the NFC games wrong

NFC:
#2 SF over #4 NYG - well so much for that NO-GB matchup everyone wanted lol, but I'm sure NYG-SF will still be a great game like their Week 10 matchup was. This week, Harbaugh will rely more on Gore & Hunter rather than having Alex throw on 1st & 2nd down. I think Smith had 42 pass attempts against NO. If they do that, then I believe SF will move onto to Super Bowl XLVI. SF wins 28-17.

AFC:
#2 BAL over #1 NE - yes I know Flacco & Cam Cameron's play calling almost cost them this weekend & it certainly would have if Schaub were at QB today lol. However, with NFC favs GB & NO going down this weekend with their bad defenses finally costing them, despite MVP seasons from Brees & Rodgers, why can't the same happen to Brady & the Pats who's defense I believe is a lot worse than NO & GBs. I think Ray Rice will have over 200 total yards & at least 2 TDs, & Torrey Smith will have at least 100 yds & 1 TD. BAL wins 34-28.

so I guess I'll be rooting for Harbaugh Bowl II, but I'll be fine with any other SB matchup except Pats-Giants.

I went 2-2 again which gives me a .500 record at 4-4. Time to snap out of this funk and go on a winning streak :p

Anyway, props to Eli and The Giants proving me wrong again. The Giants Defense had Rodgers rattled and were all over him all day. A-Rod and Driver came to play, while everybody else just.....weren't. They went in there and manhandled Green Bay. And Eli made the throws when he had to. He's getting there. Slowly and surely.

As far as the early game goes, it was ugly, but The Ravens pulled out a tough win with the Defense forcing 4 turnovers I believe it was. Flacco showed that he needs to step his game up cause if Ray Rice is taken out of the gameplan Next Week, then Flacco has to get the job done and 170 yards won't cut it.

Foster showed he is real. He played really well today, just not enough to get the win for Houston. The Texans in general have a promising future, but they better enjoy what they made of their first playoff appearance because....

"On the 9th Day of September, a familiar force shall arrive to claim what is his. And it will be the End of the World as you know it."

Now, time for my picks for Championship Sunday.

AFC Championship Game:

Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots

I'm rooting hard for the Harbaugh Bowl Part 2, but The Ravens are going up against a tough test here. Tom Brady and The New England Patriots at Home in the AFC Championship Game. That automatically is an issue for the Ravens.

The last time the Ravens were in New England for a playoff game, they blew them out of the water, but that was then and this is now. The Pats are a little better than what they once were. The Patriots on the other hand face a formidable opponent in Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and the Ravens Defense. They give Tom Brady fits a lot, so this is gonna be a great game. Needless to say, it's not gonna be a blowout, cause this Ravens Defense is ferocious when it comes to getting after the QB and their secondary just keeps on improving. Webb and Reed making plays and that Front Four as well will be the key. They have so many weapons to account for.

The Ravens have to commit to Ray Rice and run the ball. He is definitely the X-Factor in this game. Yards on the ground and catches out of the backfield are a number of ways to implement him and make him the Catalyst of this offense and keep Brady on the Bench. But if The Pats somehow limit Ray Rice and somehow shut him down, Flacco needs to be able to win with this arm and I don't know if he can. I mean he has the weapons, but can Big Game Joe make the plays when it counts? Pats may have the 31st Ranked Defense in the league, but at Home they sure don't play like it. We'll have to see.

The Patriots have to stay true to themselves and not to play anybody else's game but theirs. Brady is going to put up points. That's really a foregone conclusion. He has weapons upon weapons. Unlike last season, Hernandez and Gronk aren't rookies and they know playoff Football. They're gonna have a tough test against The Ravens. But then there's Welker, OchoCinco, Deion Branch and others. The Ravens Defense is going to need to have it together to account for that offense. Jam receivers at the line, perhaps Drop 7 and rush 4. Anything to throw Brady off his game and make his day difficult.

I'm gonna be rooting for the Ravens and for Ray Ray and Ed Reed to go out on top, but I got Tom Brady at Home in the AFC Title Game. It's gonna be great game, but Brady and Co. are at Home where they're just too good. Too much Gronk, too much Welker, too much everything. Pats advance to the SuperBowl.

NFC Championship Game:

New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers

You talk about a great Defensive Battle. This is what we're gonna see here. If there's any team that matches up well with The Giants and can beat them at they're own Game, it's The Niners. They can run the ball, force turnovers, and have a great, tough defense, just like The Giants.

I've said it before in this thread, the Giants are a dangerous Road Team in the playoffs, but in this situation, they're going against a team that is exactly like them in every facet and can play their game, maybe even better than them.

The Niners have the formula. Their Defense is real, but they have flaws. Brees threw for over 400 yards, but still turned the ball over and got sacked numerous times. The Niners are good at playing the bend don't break defense and don't allow a lot of big plays and like to contain a small portion of the field. Eli Manning is gonna get pressured, he's going to be forced into bad plays because this defense loves to force turnovers and score off those turnovers. That's another thing they also need to watch out for. The Giants have to account for this secondary and they have to play their game. Their Rushing Offense has to be on point because we already know how good The Niners Rush Defense is.

The Niners offense is just as physical as The Giants Defense, but they have to come up big here. The Giants can't have so many opportunities to score and Alex Smith at Home has to be Lights Out. He proved how clutch he can be against The Saints, and how Vernon Davis can be and how good Frank Gore is and how good this team really is. Harbaugh has turned this team around and it comes all down to this. The Niners Defense has brought them to the dance and they're going to need to play Big Time to knock off Eli and The Giants. I got The Niners in a really good one.

Super Bowl XLVI:

San Francisco 49ers vs New England Patriots

A classic in the making. Looking forward to a great Championship Sunday.

I got the New England Patriots defeating the Baltimore Ravens. It's gonna be a real close one, but I can feel it in bones the Pats are going to the Super Bowl once again.

For NY/San Fran, I got 49'ers winning this one in over-time. I just think that San Francisco can find some openings in New York's offense, getting them the win.

So, yeah Patriots vs 49ers Super Bowl. Gonna be awesome for all the right reasons.

Well I've only been batting .500 which is atrocious but lets give this a shot:

1) Pats vs. Ravens - Pats win

I gotta go with the Pats. Raven's have a solid team and a stellar defense but its just hard going against Brady. He's like Joe Montana, the fucker always finds a way to win.

2) 49er's vs. Giants - Giants win

9ers are a better team but the Giants are a money team, as in they win when they need to win. Not only that if it wasn't for Alex Smith's heroics the Saints would have won the game despite the fact they were grossly outplayed on Saturday, if the 9er's can't hold onto 17 point leads in the playoffs it will be really hard for them to go to the Superbowl. Giant's have been playing great and have been putting away teams and have made it look easy, I see San Fransisco being no different.

Superbowl is Pats vs. Giants rematch

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back