• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top 10 NFL QBs of the 2000s (2000-2009)

Scuba 06

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hey people. I am a big fan of the NFL network's Top 10 program, and one show I noticed they have not presented is the "Top 10 QB's of the 2000s". I would definitely say it was a pretty good decade for the advancement of the position and the league. There were plenty of good QB's that define this era, but who in your opinion were the top 10 ? Remember we are only talking about 2000-2009, the 00s, 2010-onwards does not count. Here are mine, and a few reasons why I ranked them where they are. I listed the biggest reason to propel them into that spot, but also mentioned some negatives that kept them from going higher. There are plenty of other things I could throw in which I haven't mentioned, including more detailed Regular season wins, league leading stats, as well as pro bowls, playoff appearances and other significant honors these individuals have won. So feel free to bring whatever you wish to the table and, tell us how you would rank them and why.

#1. Tom Brady
Biggest Accomplishment : 3x SB Champion
Biggest Negatives : Undefeated for 18 games, but lost in Super Bowl

#2. Peyton Manning
Biggest Positive : 4x NFL MVP
Biggest Negatives : Lost SB, 9-9 in Post-Season

#3. Drew Brees
Biggest Positive : 1x SB Champion
Biggest Negatives : 3 Playoff appearances in 8 seasons as starter

#4. Donavan McNabb
Biggest Accomplishment : 1x NFC Champion
Biggest Negative : Lost SB, 1-4 in NFC Championship

#5. Brett Favre
Biggest Accomplishment : NFL Record - Most Career Wins, TDs, Yards
Biggest Negatives : No MVP or SB, 4-6 in Post Season

#6. Ben Roethlisberger
Biggest Accomplishment : 2x SB Champion
Biggest Negatives : No SB MVPs, 22.6 QB rating in SB, average stats

#7. Kurt Warner
Biggest Accomplishment : 1x NFL MVP
Biggest Negatives : Lost 2 SB, lost starting job 3 times, 02-08 no Playoffs

#8. Matt Hasselbeck
Biggest Negatives : Lost SB, 4-5 in Post Season, average stats

#9. Steve McNair
Biggest Negatives : 68 QB Rating in Post-Season, average stats

#10. Eli Manning
Biggest Accomplishment : 1x SB Champion
Biggest Negatives : 1 and done in 3 of 4 PS, below average QB rating

I'm going to start this off by giving my reasoning behind the most important positions. I may or may not have reasons for each and every ranking though. I put Manning ahead of Brady because I believe he is a better individual player as a QB. No doubt, Brady has 3 SB's, and a lot of people will stick with that reasoning, but I think SB's are more team accomplishments, and that the large majority (not all) of the reason Manning hasn't won more SB's is because Indy's defence sucked in his time there. There is also a 99.9% chance that Manning would've thrown for more than 50 TD's in a single season if he had been allowed to play the entire 2004 season. I'll edit this later. It's suppertime.

#1. Peyton Manning
Biggest Accomplishment :4x NFL MVP
Biggest Negatives : Lost SB, 9-9 in postseason

#2. Tom Brady
Biggest Positive : 3x SB Champion
Biggest Negatives : Undefeated for 18 games, but lost in SB

#3. Drew Brees

#4. Donavan McNabb
Biggest Negative : Lost SB, 1-4 in NFC Championship

#5. Brett Favre

#6. Ben Roethlisberger
Biggest Accomplishment : 2x SB Champion
Biggest Negatives : No SB MVPs, 22.6 QB rating in SB, average stats

#7. Kurt Warner
Biggest Negatives : Lost 2 SB, lost starting job 3 times, 02-08 no Playoffs

#8. Matt Hasselbeck
Biggest Negatives : Lost SB, 4-5 in Post Season, average stats

#9. Steve McNair
Biggest Negatives : 68 QB Rating in Post-Season, average stats

#10. Eli Manning
Biggest Accomplishment : 1x SB Champion
Biggest Negatives : 1 and done in 3 of 4 PS, below average QB rating

1. Peyton Manning- The one quarterback to play and play great for every year in this decade was Peyton Manning. Multiple MVP's and a Super Bowl ring solidify him here.

2. Tom Brady- Brady won the most Super Bowls in this decade and put up some amazing numbers. Very close second behind Peyton.

3. Drew Brees- Brees got off to somewhat of a rocky start in San Diego but finished strong there and really became a superstar in New Orleans.

4. Donovan McNabb- McNabb went to four NFC CHampionship games and a Super Bowl during the decade. He was also one of the most consistently good qb's for the decade.

5. Brett Favre- It was a very up and down decade for Favre but the future first ballot Hall of Famer certainly did enough to crack the top 5.

6. Kurt Warner- Great start and finish to the decade for Warner but he had some rough years in between which keeps him just outside of the top 5.

7. Ben Roethlisberger- Roethlisberger got off to a late start but in his 6 years for this decade he was great. Two Super Bowl rings and he solidified himself as one of the toughest qbs in the league.

8. Matt Hasselbeck- Hasselbeck had some rough years towards the end of the decade but his great start is more then enough for him to crack the top ten.

9. Steve McNair- One of the more underrated qbs the NFL has seen. Injuries really slowed him down at times this decade.

10. Eli Manning- Like Roethlisberger he got off to a late start but his Super Bowl ring gets him on this list ahead of Phillip Rivers.

10 Phillip Rivers- Rivers is a guy who plays great in the regular season, but he can't get it done in the playoffs. That will hold him off from going farther than 10 on my list.

9 Steve McNair- Three Time Pro Bowler, plus an MVP Award, McNair gets on the list.

8 Matt Hasslebeck- 5 Playoff appearances for Matt in the 2000s, and led Seattle to a Super Bowl. He's deserving of number 8.

7 Brett Favre- Favre could be number 1 on a list for the 90s, but old man Brett didn't really do that great in the 2000s. He still decent enough to lead the Packers to a few playoff appearances, and a couple with the Vikings as well. He gets number 7

6 Donovan McNabb- Been to five NFC Championship games, a Super Bowl, 6 Pro Bowls, no way McNabb isn't towards the top of this list.

5 Kurt Warner- MVP, Pro Bowl 3 times, and a super bowl run, Warner played great throughout the 2000s, and he gets number 5.

4 Ben Roethlisberger- Rookie of the year, 3 Super Bowl appearances, 2 Super Bowl wins, a should have been Super Bowl MVP, Ben Roethlisberger has earned his way to the top of this list for sure

3 Drew Brees- Brees has earned all he's gotten. He's put up great numbers this decade, and got a ring on his finger as well. I thin he deserves the number three spot.

2 Peyton Manning- 4 Time MVPand a Super Bowl win, close second to Tom Brady

1 Tom Brady- I hate the guy to death, but 3 Super Bowl wins gets you here regardless, his stats are something that will help

I agree, this would be a good NFL Network Top 10. Shame they wasted a good opportunity of it to give us "The Top 10 Things We Love About Tim Tebow" :disappointed:

#1. Peyton Manning
Biggest Accomplishment :4x NFL MVP
Biggest Negatives : Lost SB, 9-9 in postseason

#2. Tom Brady
Biggest Positive : 3x SB Champion
Biggest Negatives : Undefeated for 18 games, but lost in SB

#3. Drew Brees

#4. Brett Favre