Best Quarterback Under 30...

Who is the best Qb in the NFL 30 years of age and younger?

• Ben Roethlisberger

• Tony Romo

• Matt Ryan

• Joe Flacco

• Matt Cassel

• Eli Manning

• Philip Rivers

• Jay Cutler

• Other ( please list who and why...)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BooCocky

On A Nature walk with Daniel Bryan
I created this thread a little over a year and a half ago but times change, people progress, QB's add to their accomplishments and so forth. A new star is born, and old stars fall off the charts. Whether they are plagued by injuries like Palmer, or their career just fell off the face of the earth like Vince Young or even Matt Leinart. I come to you with a list of several "young" QB's who are under the age of thirty, and you are to determine who is the best. You can either vote on the poll or choose the "other" option. Just list who and tell me why. Well, here is the list...

Ben Roethlisberger - He is a two time superbowl champion. He is a one time pro bowler and he is an all around winner. In 2004 Ben Roethlisberger was the Offensive rookie of the year and was the Diet Pepsi rookie of the year. Big Ben has a career 51-20 record in the regular season and he is just as good in the post season with an 8 and 2 record. Ben is known for taking over the 2004 Steelers and leading them to a 15-1 record. Ben was 13-0 as a starter that year until his playoff collapse against New England.

Tony Romo - If I remember correctly he won this poll in like 2007. Romo has a 27-12 record in the regular season, but he has yet to win a playoff game.
Romo is a two time pro bowler.

Matt Ryan - In 2008 Matt Ryan took over the lonely Falcons team and turned them into a playoff caliber team. Ryan finished his rookie season with an 11-5 record. Even though he made an early exit in the playoffs, he still had a rookie campaign worth bragging about.

Joe Flacco - In 2008 Flacco took over a team who was in need of a QB. Not only was he a game manager he was a hell of a QB. Flacco took Baltimore to an 11-5 record. I believe he was the first rookie QB to ever win two games in the playoffs. He was one game away from the SB before getting eliminated by the Steelers.

Matt Casse l- in Cassels first year as a starter, he took the Patriots to a 10-5 record. In my opinion he benefited from having a great offense, but at times he showed he had it.

Eli Manning - Manning came into the NFL the same year as Ben Roethlisberger. He has a 42-29 career record. He also holds a winning record in the post season posting a 4 and 3 record. He is the only other QB on this list to have a SB ring.

Phillips Rivers - Who is regarded as the best young QB in football. Rivers has a 33-15 career record. He also holds a 3-3 record in the playoffs. Rivers is a one time pro bowler.

Jay Cutler - One time pro bowler. Has rocket arm, 17 and 20 career record and has yet to make the playoffs. But did carry a shitty Bronco's team to an 8 and 8 record in 2008-2009.

By now, you should know my pick, and I am not going to defend it just yet. I let off some big name quarterbacks like Palmer and Rodgers. But you can still vote for them. Anyways, here we go, and lets hope this is as successful as the old one....

Ben has since pulled away from the pack with another ring, and better overall performance on the field. He did this behind one of the worst lines I've ever seen, and no running game to speak off throughout the year. Props deserved and I got owned. Brian said all that needed to be said in the opening post.

Two others deserve mention.

2a. Romo - He'll eventually get his playoff game, his performance is undeniable and this team is absolute shit without him. When he was out with injury, and was still banged up afterwards, you could tell how much he meant too the Cowboys. People can throw all the blame on him all they want, fact is in every one of those December losses there was plenty of blame to go around, and Romo hardly played terrible in most of them. It took Manning 3 tries to get his playoff win and was regarded as a choker, yet he's still considered the best in the league today. The same will happen with Romo, because he's that talented.

2b. Rivers - He's underrated by many. He proved last year he should be considered in a higher category than he was leading them to a playoff season carrying the offense on his shoulders. He was solid the 2 years before that, but last season he took the next step. He was unstoppable at times, and that's pretty mind boggling considering his WR's are pretty much no name guys.

Those are my top 3. Eli isn't on there because he's too inconsistent and gets his wins with the help of one of the best lines in football, a great backfield and one of the top defenses in the league yearly. He was better last year until Plaxico went out, I still want to see more. His overall talent is behind these 3 and even Palmer, and that's what I rank on.

Roethlisberger, without the slightest hesitation.

Two rings, clutch preformances, and it seems as if he has pretty much carried the team on his back the last two years, especially last year. Matter of fact, fuck under 30, besides Manning and Brady, there is NO ONE else I would rather have behind center. He is everything you would want in a QB, with a ton of intangibles, leadership, smarts, and physical tools. Big Ben, in a walk.

You know how with the Kobe Bryant/LeBron James debate you hear people say LeBron James is the best player in the World, but Kobe is the best closer? Well, I think that's how I would describe Ben Roethlisberger. Sure... he's a great, great player, but he's not the best quarterback under the age of 30, in my opinion. However, there's no debating that he's the best closer, not just under the age of 30, but in the NFL period, with a healthy Tom Brady being his only competition.

Anyway, I strongly believe that Carson Palmer is the most talented quarterback under the age of 30 right now. It's just unfortunate he's not able to prove it, due to being stuck with such a shitty fucking team. I'll never in my life forget this guy throwing that incredible 60 yard completion, while breaking his leg. There's no telling what Cincinnati would've accomplished in that game and in those playoffs if Palmer never went down. I truly believe that if you put this dude a good team, he's a Super Bowl MVP within no time.

You have to go with Big Ben here, the success speaks for itself. Out of the other guys on the list, Eli was the only other won to even win one Super Bowl, and that was more because of his defense. Without Ben under center last year, the Steelers do not win the Super Bowl. He may not be the most talented QB in the league, but in the big games, he almost always shows up.

As for the rest of the list, I think Tony Romo is number 2. When I watch him on TV, he just looks like a quaterback. Now I hate the Cowboys, but Romo is very impressive. In the next couple of years I think he'll get a couple of playoff wins under his belt, and should be considered one of the top QBs in the league.

As much as I hate the Steelers & I do hate them with a fiery passion within my soul. I will say that Ben Roethlisberger is no doubt the best quarterback under 30 years old. Now as much as I hate to acknowlege any success that the Steelers have had in recent years, you will also know that alot of their success has come because of what Roethlisberger brings to their offense. He may not put up the most prettiest stats ever, but he gets it done when it counts(I can't say the same thing for my teams quarterback yet). I do think that I would have been one happy mother fucker if Roethlisberger wasn't under center cause I definitely guarantee that the Steelers wouldn't have won the Super Bowl without him, much less actually making an appearance in that game.

As for the others, I think that Phillip Rivers is a bad ass quarterback. He proved last year that the Chargers don't have to win or make the postseason with their running game as he practically carried the Chargers to the playoffs. I thought two years ago he was good, but this past season took him to the next step in being one of the best in the league. Defenses at times couldn't touch him & that comes as a bit of a suprise as all of his receivers besides Chris Chambers are pretty much no named receivers.

Even though he is my teams quarterback, Romo doesn't make my list cause while he may be good between September through November, he plays like shit in December-January when teams get into the stretch run as he is the sole reason at times for my Cowboys losing games in those particular months.

Even though he is my teams quarterback, Romo doesn't make my list cause while he may be good between September through November, he plays like shit in December-January when teams get into the stretch run as he is the sole reason at times for my Cowboys losing games in those particular months.

Cowboys fans like you make me want to blow my fuckin head off sometimes. Romo is the heart and soul of this franchise right now, whether you want to admit it or not. Romo was the main reason the franchise and offense turned around when he came in for Deadslow 3 years ago. And he still is to this day, Romo is the primary reason we're even in the playoff race come December. The offense was absolutely god awful when he wasn't there.

Say what you will about "his chokes", but I fail to see how any of them can solely be blamed on just him. This past year Witten fucked up on his route, causing Pit to get the GW INT. Again, not Romo. Witten even pointed to himself after the play for his fuck up. Baltimore, last game at Texas Stadium, who was the main reason why we fought our asses off to get back into the game late in the 4th Q? Tony Romo. Why did we lose that game? That fucking horrendous defense giving up two monster TD runs. And the Philly game was everyone, there isn't a player on the entire team that came to play that day.

So again, blaming everything on Romo is absolute BS. I could go down the entire list of his so called "chokes" and guarantee you there were other big factors in us losing those games. Football is a team sport, and Romo is the centerpiece of this team and a damn good QB who will have everyone on his dick when he finally breaks through in December and the playoffs.

Right now, it's Big Ben. It's not easy to say that, so please don't make me repeat it.

I, however, voted for Matt Ryan. He was very good last year, and turned around a horrendous Falcons team, that we all thought were dead in the water. Was it a season of a lifetime? No. But, it was a sign of things to come, and if he keeps improving like he did throughout last season, he'll be winning MVPs before long, as well as a few shiny silver trophies for his living room.

Cowboys fans like you make me want to blow my fuckin head off sometimes. Romo is the heart and soul of this franchise right now, whether you want to admit it or not. Romo was the main reason the franchise and offense turned around when he came in for Deadslow 3 years ago. And he still is to this day, Romo is the primary reason we're even in the playoff race come December. The offense was absolutely god awful when he wasn't there.

Say what you will about "his chokes", but I fail to see how any of them can solely be blamed on just him. This past year Witten fucked up on his route, causing Pit to get the GW INT. Again, not Romo. Witten even pointed to himself after the play for his fuck up. Baltimore, last game at Texas Stadium, who was the main reason why we fought our asses off to get back into the game late in the 4th Q? Tony Romo. Why did we lose that game? That fucking horrendous defense giving up two monster TD runs. And the Philly game was everyone, there isn't a player on the entire team that came to play that day.

So again, blaming everything on Romo is absolute BS. I could go down the entire list of his so called "chokes" and guarantee you there were other big factors in us losing those games. Football is a team sport, and Romo is the centerpiece of this team and a damn good QB who will have everyone on his dick when he finally breaks through in December and the playoffs.

Did you actually read my entire post correctly cause if I remember correctly, I never once said that Romo is the whole reason on why we lost every game. No just some games. I never blamed Romo for us losing to the Ravens in the final ever game in Texas Stadium, no I blame the damn defense for allowing those long ass touchdown runs by a fullback & an injury prone running back for the Ravens. I agree that everybody was to blame for the Philly game. I watch all those damn games too & yes the offense were atrocious with Brad fucking Johnson in there as the quarterback. I also do think that one day Romo will do well in December & win us our first playoff game in like 12 years & of course once again I did not & I REPEAT, I did not blame everything on Romo so there.

Did you actually read my entire post correctly cause if I remember correctly, I never once said that Romo is the whole reason on why we lost every game. No just some games.

he is the sole reason at times for my Cowboys losing games in those particular months.

That's exactly what I responded too.

I never blamed Romo for us losing to the Ravens in the final ever game in Texas Stadium, no I blame the damn defense for allowing those long ass touchdown runs by a fullback & an injury prone running back for the Ravens.

Then why didn't you say that in the above quote instead of implying Romo is the sole reason we lose games in those months?

I also do think that one day Romo will do well in December & win us our first playoff game in like 12 years & of course once again I did not & I REPEAT, I did not blame everything on Romo so there.

I agree, but you still said this...

he is the sole reason at times for my Cowboys losing games in those particular months.

I'd like to know those games, because they certainly weren't last years, and weren't 07's either considering he lead us to our best season in over 12 years, and set all sorts of franchise records. The Giants game was due to our offensive line getting slaughtered in the 2nd half and Patrick Butterfingers dropping crucial passes.

Then why didn't you say that in the above quote instead of implying Romo is the sole reason we lose games in those months?

I could have sworn that I said in that quote that his play was the reason why we lost some games, instead of all the time.

Anyways I can think of a game where his mistake costed us a win. It was that playoff game against the Seahawks where Romo fumbled the ball while he was trying to hold the kick so Gramatica can kick the field goal to give us the lead, but I do give Romo credit on the play as he almost got into the endzone, but he fell just short. Now whether the ball was slippery on purpose or not, I won't really get into that, but the bottom line is that there is a game that the whole reason we lost is cause of a bad play by Romo whether the reasons behind it are debatable or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back