NFL Thread - 2010-11

You're fans would be morons to try and drive Singletary out of San Fran. He is a damn good coach and the main reason why they are relevant again and in a position to have such high expectations.

My fans?? Not mine, but 49er fans, yea they would. Its not exactly like the Niners have had great ownership with the Yorks. At any rate, I do like Singletary and prefer his style of coaching to a lot of others in the league. He has turned this football team around and given them leadership, something they have been sorely lacking. But that will be all for not if they don't make the playoffs. And while I like him, that doesn't mean I don't believe he's on the hot seat. Hard to ignore all the grumblings.

Seeing as how Week 1 begins tonight, I figure today was the best day to give my Week One predictions.

Vikings at Saints--Pick: Saints

---Hard to see the Vikings winning opening night on the road against the defending Super Bowl champs. I think N.O has a good shot of returning to the Super Bowl, and it starts tonight. I see the Saints' D giving Farve problems again, harassing him all night. Plus, no Sidney Rice and no real time with Percy Harvin, yea can't see the Vikings pulling off the win.

Dolphins at Bills---Pick: Dolphins

---The East will be very competitive this year with the Jets, Patriots, and Dolphins all with eyes on the division. Unfortunately, the Bills don't fit anywhere in there. Miami has made some upgrades on the defensive side of the ball by adding Mike Nolan as DC, getting rid of Porter and Taylor, and using 7 of 8 draft picks on defense. They also got help offensively with the addition of Brandon Marshall, who should be a deep threat.

Lions at Bears---Pick: Lions

---I know, this pick may be out there but I'm going with it anyways. I really like what Detroit has going for them. Stafford has weapons around him, with Johnson, the addition of WR Nate Burleson, TE Tony Scheffler, and drafted RB Jahvid Best, who I've seen plenty of here at Cal. I like what they have there and of course adding Suh should help bolster the D. As for Chicago, I don't care for Cutler. He throws far too many interceptions, and that could increase with Martz as OC. I think the Peppers signing will help, but not like they hoped.

Raiders at Titans---Pick: Titans

---Oakland should have a great defense this year, with additions of DT John Henderson, and LBs Kamerion Wimbley and Quentin Groves. The offense is the question mark. will the O Line be able to protect Campbell? Will the RBs be able to run the ball effectively? The Titans come in with the Fantasy favorite Chris Johnson at RB, who is looking to break the single season rushing record with 2500 yards this season. He will obviously be a threat. Young looks to improve this season as well.

Bengals at Patriots---Pick: Patriots

---One of the big matchups of Week 1 is this game. Its well known that the Bengals added another big time WR in T.O to help Chad Ochocinco. The offense can be great with this addition or fall apart. Remains to be seen. The Bengals are fight in a tough division and a win on the road would be a great way to start. I just don't see it happening. The Patriots are being overlooked this season by a majority of people who don't think they have it in them. That's just the way they like it. I see Brady having a big game, with Moss and Welker making big plays. I know the Bengals are the trendy pick, but I can't see the Pats losing at home.

Panthers at Giants---Pick: Giants

---Honestly don't see anything big happening for these teams this season. The Panthers do have a good RB tandem in DeAngelo Willams and Jonathan Stewart. Matt Moore starts at QB for the Panthers, who helped them rout the Giants last year 41-9. The Giants open their brand new stadium this year and look to rebound from a not so good year. They made additions to their secondary, with Antrel Rolle and Deon Grant. Again, while I don't see much happening for these two teams, I can't see the Giants losing the opener in their brand new stadium. Manning should have a good game with Steve Steve smith and the defense should be good enough to help out for the win.

Falcons at Steelers---Pick: Falcons

---Another game that was tough to call, but Dixon made it a little bit easier. I know he hasn't looked bad, but its going to be tough without Big Ben, and I think Atlanta should a better year and they can win on the road. Matt Ryan should bounce back from his so-so 2nd season. Having Michael Turner healthy will be a boost, along with TE Tony Gonzales and Roddy White as targets make things easier too. I see Atlanta able to take advantage of the weaker Steelers defense and pull of the road win.

Browns at Buccaneers---Pick: Bucaneers

---Well, one of the lackluster games of the week. Browns start ex-Panther QB jake Delhomme, who had a terrible season last year. They do have a decent RB in Jerome Harrison, who had a good year. Joshua Cribbs will also be used more on the offensive side. The Bucs start Josh Freeman at QB, who should improve this year with the OC from the preseason. (Joke about last year wh..nevermind). Carnell Williams will be the feature back after proving his leg could stay healthy. I like what the both teams are doing, although results won't show it as much. I like the Bucs better in this game, at home with an improved offense and defense.

Broncos at Jaguars---Pick: Jaguars

After much thought, I don't see the Broncos finishing above 3rd. I don't see any improvement made on their team, and see a step back, well , multiple steps back this year. This a big year for the Jags. They have had trouble selling out and are in danger of being relocated. Garrard and Jones-Drew need to step up this year if they are to have any sucess. They signed Aaron Kampman and kirk Morrison to help out the defense. They should have enough to beat a bad Broncos team.

Colts at Texans---Pick: Texans

---Yup, everyone's favorite trendy pick, or at least was. Last year, the Texans finally broke the .500 mark they have been setting for the last couple seasons. They look to break out this year, and no better way to do that then by beating divison foe Colts. This pick is not so much about the Colts as it is about the Texans. I believe they have what it takes to win some big games and a home game here is big. Schabb and Johnson should have big years once again, and should pull off the win that they've been so close to getting.

Cardinals at Rams---Pick: Cardinals

---Not a hard pick here. While the Cards are missing a big reciever and their big QB (retirement) they should have no trouble with the Rams. The Rams are in a huge rebuilding mode, so no real expectations, except gaining experience.

Packers at Eagles---Pick: Packers

---Packers are a lot of people's pick to go the Super Bowl. Not mine, but I wouldn't be surprised. Aaron Rodgers has shown he is more than capable of replacing Farve. With Driver and Jennings at WR, and Ryan Grant running the ball, the offense should have no problems scoring the ball. Same can't be said for the Eagles, who chose to go with Kevin Kolb as their QB. While he has shown signs, he still has a lot of growing to do, and will find it difficult against the Packers.

49ers at Seahawks---Pick: 49ers

---A lot of people here in the bay are a little worried about this game. I don't see why. Carroll made have some talent, but don't expect it to come together in the first game. And remember, they still have Hasselback (beck?) at QB. The Niners are loaded with a good team. Crabtree and Davis should be a great duo while Gore looks to have a monter year. The defense will be the strength of this team, led by the best LB in the league Patrick Willis. While Alex Smith is a huge question mark that could potentially drail this team, I don't see him being a problem in this game.

Cowboys at Redskins---Pick: Redskins

---Did you expect me to pick the the Cowgirls?? Anyways, I think the Redskins will have a solid year, and with this game being at home, can't see them losing. McNabb may not be 100% with that ankle but I don't see it being a big problem. Haynesworth will play and despite his dislike for the system, I think he will have an impact. We aren't good at WR, but McNabb has made it work before. Defense should be solid once again. Plus, the Cowboys just plain suck! :)

Ravens at Jets---Pick: Ravens

---Well this pick came easier for me than I thought it would. Revis will have a tough time defending Boldin, yes I said it. Boldin is a big physical WR, and expect him to make plays. I like the Ravens offense a lot, with Flacco leading the team. Along with Boldin is TJ Housmanzadeh, who will have an impact as well. Ray Rice will have a good game rushing, and the defense will be as stingy as it always had. I'm not sold on the Jets, and think they are very much overhyped.

Chargers at Chiefs---Pick: Chargers

---What a game to end the first week huh? Wow a letdown. I don't know if I can deal with Mike and Mike's commentary. At any rate, the Chiefs may surprise some people this year with their improved play. Matt Cassel needs to step up this season though, and justify the money he's getting. The Chargers window may be closing or already closed, but they still have a talented team. While I like what the Chiefs are doing, I can't pick against Rivers and the Chargers.

Source ESPN:

Charles Woodson, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, agreed to a two-year contract extension Thursday with the Green Bay Packers, a league source confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

KDVR-TV in Denver first reported the news of Woodson's extension. Financial details are not yet available.

The Packers' star cornerback had three years remaining on his current deal meaning that Woodson is now under contract with Green Bay for the next five seasons.

Woodson, the 1997 Heisman Trophy winner at Michigan, had 17 interceptions and two touchdowns over his first eight seasons in Oakland. Since coming to Green Bay, he has 21 interceptions and five touchdowns.

The versatile Woodson tied for the league lead in 2009 with nine interceptions, returning three for touchdowns, and was a key to the Packers' turnaround on defense.

The 33-year-old Woodson was the first cornerback chosen as the top defensive player since Deion Sanders in 1994.

Good move by the Packers, pretty much means he will be a Packer for the rest of his career since he will be 38 when the contract is over. After some decent seasons in Oakland he left for Green Bay and has been nothing but great since signing there, almost doubling his interception total. He's proven to be like a good scotch, getting better with age.

Source ESPN:

Brady's contract is worth $72 million and guarantees him $48.5 million, a source familiar with the deal told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The extension, which will be filed with the league Friday, will be added onto the final year of Brady's contract and runs through 2014, when he will be 37. Brady, 33, has said he wants to play until he's 40.

Brady, who was picked by the Patriots in the sixth round of the 2000 draft, is making $6.5 million this season in the final year of an earlier four-year, $48 million extension. The new deal will make him the league's top-paid player in terms of average annual salary.

Although Belichick was mum on any specific Brady contract talk, owner Robert Kraft wasn't shy when commenting to the Boston Herald on Friday morning.

"We've gone about our business in a diligent manner with a very complicated, difficult labor environment," Kraft told the Herald. "We've been able to secure Brady, Vince Wilfork, [Stephen] Gostkowski, [Leigh] Bodden, Tully Banta-Cain, people who have come here, worked hard and want to be here long term. We've done everything we can do.

"While our job is never done, I sort of like this team over the next few years. We have a great coach, and one of the finest quarterbacks to have ever played the game for another five seasons."

The Patriots aren't planning a formal announcement on Brady's contract extension.

Glad to see this is over. We do not have to see this on ESPN every few days on no new contract yet for Brady. Brady definitely deserves the big money. Still crazy that a rookie QB in Sam Bradford is getting more guaranteed more money than Brady. But thats just the mess of rookie contracts. I was also shocked that Brady was only making 6.5 million this season, what a big increase in his pay next year. Now it will be interesting to see if they extend Moss's contract as well.

Just giving some thoughts from week 1. Damn did The Patriots look great they were crushing Cincy. Colts run defense was horrible if you would of told me Peyton was going to pass for 400 and Schaub was under 100 I believe and The Texans would win I would of called you crazy. The Giants defense looked actually good more like 08 than 09 yes I know they played Carolina but that d-line watch out Osi looks good and Canty is healthy. The 49ers 31 points to The Seahawks maybe this is Seattles division? Eagles have a situation they couldn't move the ball with Kolb but with Vick they kept driving down the field. Clay Matthews is an absolute beast should of gave him DROTY in the re-vote. Redskins beat The Boys in a great game if you like defense. Alex Barron damn is he horrible. Miles Austin is a beast showed he deserved that contract and Dez looked good as well. The Redskins are my sleeper team in the NFC watch for them to make a ton of noise.

Damn did The Patriots look great they were crushing Cincy.
They did a great job of letting Cincy back in the game. They only won by 14. They dominated, but the D let them back in.
Colts run defense was horrible if you would of told me Peyton was going to pass for 400 and Schaub was under 100 I believe and The Texans would win I would of called you crazy.
Can't argue that. Although if you throw in the caveat of Foster running for 230 and 3 scores I think you would think the Texans would have a better chance.
The Giants defense looked actually good more like 08 than 09 yes I know they played Carolina but that d-line watch out Osi looks good and Canty is healthy.
Not surprising. Everyone is healthy, and they signed Antrel Rolle, and a good D-Coordinator in Perry Fewell.
The 49ers 31 points to The Seahawks maybe this is Seattles division?
It's one week. Singletary called out Smith and Crabtree after the game for sucking. I can't say after one game that it's Seattles division, especially considering the fact that Arizona won, despite a shit game from the QB.
Eagles have a situation they couldn't move the ball with Kolb but with Vick they kept driving down the field.
I've said it before, Vick is a better QB then Kolb. So is McNabb. But Reid already said that Kolb will start when healthy, which for the Eagles sake I hope is not for a while.
Clay Matthews is an absolute beast should of gave him DROTY in the re-vote.
1. Today has nothing to do with 2009's award.
2. Cushing won the award fair and square, had it taken from him for no fucking reason, then won the damn thing again. Matthews doesn't deserve shit. He's a great player, but he didn't deserve the award (did he even finish 2nd? I think Jarius Byrd of the Bills did).
Redskins beat The Boys in a great game if you like defense. Alex Barron damn is he horrible. Miles Austin is a beast showed he deserved that contract and Dez looked good as well. The Redskins are my sleeper team in the NFC watch for them to make a ton of noise.
1. The game was a poorly played game. Mistakes all around.
2. You're right about Austin, Barron, and Dez.
3. Redskins are pretty good, which isn't surprising since they have a good QB and a good head coach, to go along with some pretty good defensive players.
4. The rookie Tackle (Trent Williams) for Washington was excellent. D-Ware only got 1 sack all game (I think).

Didn't watch any games because I am an out of market team and the only games I got besides the kick off was Bengals/Pats and Cardinals/Rams.

But going by the results, it looks like Nolan and the draft did the Dolphins some good yesterday. The Bills were held to 166 net yards and three of the linebackers got sacks. Offensively, some weak numbers individually, but it is good to see that the players are sharing the load.

An interesting week one. Can't really take much out of it though. The Niners may have lost, but I don't think Singeltary will let them plunder much. He called out the guys and hopefully for their sake they respond and show up. A tough week for them coming up as well, as they got the Saints. I wouldn't sleep on the Cards. I like Anderson starting there and I think he could guide them to some wins. They struggled with the Rams, but like I said still early. Tough division to call. Same goes for the AFC West. Chiefs the only team to chalk up a W. Oakland looked alright, but made a load of mistakes, Denver lost to a Jags team that I think could have a top 5 pick, and SD obviously lost to KC. Chiefs didn't look that great on Monday. Offense was shaky, but the defense played well and stopped the Bolts when the pressure was on.

Other notes:
-Arian Foster was a champ this week. Kid clobbered the Colts and if he keeps it up and Houston's passing game picks it up they could be an early favorite in the AFC.

-Saints nor the Vikings were that impressive on the kickoff game. Vikes defense did a good job against the Saints potent offense. Probably would have won if we kept feeding the rock to Adrian.

-While I like Kolb, I think it will be best he sit out for a bit. Vick looked atrocious in the preseason, but against GB he looked like he was becoming the Vick of old. He played some excellent ball and probably will get the starting nod this Sunday against Detroit.

-Dallas nor Washington were that impressive. Skins defense looked promising though. I still like Dallas, but Colombo is gonna need to get healthy and Barron needs to get to the bench and get there quick. Giants looked top notch and could be a sleeper in the NFC East.

Am I overreacting over how good the Pats looked week one? Trying not to, but I couldn't be more pleased with them to be honest. The offense looked sharp the entire game, the defense played great, excellent first half, second have they switched to a much more conservative zone/prevent type defense. The secondary had my balls tingling after a dismal year last year. Merriweather and Chung at the safety positions have my confidence, while I'm pro-Darius Butler on the corner. My only concern is McCourty. He looks promising, but any starting rookie is due to have concerns about them.
Speaking of rookies, our draft looks fucking loaded. Gronkowski is a fucking animal proven all preseason. Brandon Spikes alernating playing time with Guyton is a good fit. Aaron Hernandez can be positioned as a big wide reciever or a fast tight end, either way he'll hold the advantage over his defender a majority of the time. And I'm still expecting good things out of Cunningham, if not this season then within the next couple years.
Am I overreacting to week one? Obviously. But why not? Football's back and I'm excited, not to mention looking forward to the solid test we have against a good (and overrated) Jets defense this week.

Am I overreacting over how good the Pats looked week one? Trying not to, but I couldn't be more pleased with them to be honest. The offense looked sharp the entire game, the defense played great, excellent first half, second have they switched to a much more conservative zone/prevent type defense. The secondary had my balls tingling after a dismal year last year. Merriweather and Chung at the safety positions have my confidence, while I'm pro-Darius Butler on the corner. My only concern is McCourty. He looks promising, but any starting rookie is due to have concerns about them.
Speaking of rookies, our draft looks fucking loaded. Gronkowski is a fucking animal proven all preseason. Brandon Spikes alernating playing time with Guyton is a good fit. Aaron Hernandez can be positioned as a big wide reciever or a fast tight end, either way he'll hold the advantage over his defender a majority of the time. And I'm still expecting good things out of Cunningham, if not this season then within the next couple years.
Am I overreacting to week one? Obviously. But why not?
As long as you put it in perspective that it is Week 1, and most teams aren't running on all cylinders yet, you aren't overreacting. The Pats looked great, but as I said it's only Week 1. There are still 16 weeks (and 15 games), so anything can happen (hell, the Bills can still win the AFC East...).

Football's back and I'm excited, not to mention looking forward to the solid test we have against a good (and overrated) Jets defense this week.
Dude, if you said overrated and meant the Jets team, then that's fine. But did you really say the Jets D is overrated? Child Please. The Jets were far and away the best D last year, and didn't lose anything (in fact, they gained 2 corners and a Pass Rusher). They actually had a REALLY good Week 1 also (aside from the penalties). Did I mention Darelle Revis is on the team still?

Tough division to call. Same goes for the AFC West. Chiefs the only team to chalk up a W. Oakland looked alright, but made a load of mistakes, Denver lost to a Jags team that I think could have a top 5 pick, and SD obviously lost to KC. Chiefs didn't look that great on Monday. Offense was shaky, but the defense played well and stopped the Bolts when the pressure was on.

Agreed, the AFC West is a pretty wide open division this year. The Broncos or Chargers look to be the best teams, but neither team is very consistent, and all the teams have enough talent to suprise some people.

Also, the Broncos acquired RB Laurence Maroney from the Pats, in what I think is a solid move. Maroney adds a third option in the backfield, and may end up getting more reps then Buckhalter. Some people have been saying Maroney won't help the team at all, but the worst that can happen is he's a third string runner who's there in case Buckhalter or Moreno gets injured.

And plus all we gave up was a 4th round pick, so it's a win win situation for us.

The Chargers are going to win The AFC West again this year. Remember San Diego always starts slow in September and has a losing record by the end of the month then everybody says well The Chargers aren't going to be good this year until they win their next 11 games or go 10-1. The Chiefs victory was a fluke their offense couldn't move the ball. The Chiefs scored after a fumble recovery, a big 60 something run by Charles, and a punt return by McCluster. Denver isn't a good enough team to challenge San Diego and Oakland is just bad.

The Chargers are going to win The AFC West again this year. Remember San Diego always starts slow in September and has a losing record by the end of the month then everybody says well The Chargers aren't going to be good this year until they win their next 11 games or go 10-1. The Chiefs victory was a fluke their offense couldn't move the ball. The Chiefs scored after a fumble recovery, a big 60 something run by Charles, and a punt return by McCluster. Denver isn't a good enough team to challenge San Diego and Oakland is just bad.

I agree. I think the Chargers loss was a fluke, some mistakes cost them the game. It could've happened to anybody. Take that fumble recovery away, you have a tie between a hot Chargers offense and Defense, against a poor KC offense and defense. Sd wins it in overtime.

The AFC West was undeafeted today , and everybody looked pretty solid. Broncos crushed the 'Hawks, Demaryius Thomas, the Broncos first pick had a great game, dude looks like a stud. The Knowshon Moreno/Correll Buckhalter running attack looks very sharp, both men had a TD, and both men run very hard. And Kyle Orton may not be looked very highly upon, but he's a fine quarterback. Today he threw 305 yards, 2 touchdowns, and no picks. He rarely makes mistakes, and is an accurate QB for the most part. Only complaint I have is that he occasionally holds on to the ball for too long.

In other news, Golden Tate, a reciever and special teams player for Seattle was very good, I'll definitley be on the look out for that cat.

The Chiefs won again with a virtually non existent offense. Matt Cassell is an extremely shit quarterback, he's obviously not the man people thought he was a year or two ago.

Chargers looked great today, they fucking trashed the Jags. The Raiders squeaked out a victory, and Darren McFadden looked strong today, rushed for 145 yards. Sam Bradford looked pretty good in that game as well, he looks to be a damn good rookie QB.

Senior Angel The AFC West still sucks every team in that division played weak teams. Tough day for The NFC East The Redskins blew a big 17 point lead, The Giants got destroyed by The Colts, The Cowboys lost even though I believe their the most overrated team in the league, and The Eagles looked great offensively but defense gave up 32 to Detroit. Other thoughts. Mark Sanchez played great against The Pats if The Jets want to be an actually contender Sanchez needs to play like that throughout the season, more interesting The Jets didn't need Revis, Cromartie did excellent against Moss. The Texans are going to really challenge Indy for the division. Don't get why Young was benched but Pittsburghs defense has been fantastic this year. Joe Flacco has got to improve The Ravens defense has yet to give up a touchdown this year but they're constantly put in bad spots.

Well fuck, the Titans lost. I'll go ahead and blame it on the ridiculous amount of mistakes, the 7 turnovers and way too many penalties at the wrong time. I was surprised at how many points the defense gave up to Dixon and Batch. VY looked turrible, but it's only one game and the Steelers historically have a good defense. Collins came in and got the game back to close, so the final score is really a lot closer than I feel the game was.

They play the New York Football Giants next, so I unfortunately see another loss unless the offense can get it together.

Hopefully no one else has to watch the Buffalo Bills like me, they're beyond depressing already this year. We get this old geezer in Chan Gailey who is supposed to be offenseive minded and we can't even put up 200 yards in total offense in a game. At least he is smarter than Dick Jauron with benching Trent "Check Down" Edwards a lot sooner in favor for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Now we might be able to move the ball a little bit, Fitz doesn't have as much arm strength as Edwards but he doesn't stand in the pocket looking lost. After looking at the schedule the Bills have a realistic chance in going 2-15 with wins only coming against Cleveland and Kansas City, for some reason we always play the Chiefs well.

I was shocked to see that between McNabb and Schaub they threw for almost a combined 1000 yards. Houston better tighten up in the secondary. But they're winning so guess it doesn't matter.

Denver bouncing back nicely.Solid performance from Orton. Seattle also showing us that strong showing last week was more a less a fluke.

San Diego also bouncing back, even with Rivers throwing to picks he still had a very good game with over 300 yards 22/29 completions with 3 TDs. Tolbert having a good game with 2 rushing scores and 82 yards on the ground. Jacksonville not so much. Garrard going 15/23 in completions doesn't look that bad but 4 of those incompletion's were for picks. Don't worry Jacksonville you play the Bills in a few weeks!!

In the battle of the brothers Peyton proved out played Eli by a landslide. Colts were back to their winning ways, looking good while doing it as well. Giants didn't look to good out there.

Man I feel sorry for Detroit, thats two weeks in a row they lost a nail biter. Jahvid Best is proving to be a beast so far. Even though I don't care for Vick as a person for what he did, I can't take away the fact that he is playing quite well for the injured Kolb. McCoy had a outstanding game as well 16 rushing attempts for 160 yards with 3 TDs. Back to Detroit, I can't wait to see what they can do whenever Stafford comes back from his shoulder injury.

Looks like Mike Martz has done good things for Cutler this year so far. He looks a lot better already than he did last year. I've always liked Cutler. I was pissed when he was up for grabs last year and the Bills didn't attempt to get him. I feel so bad for Dallas going 0-2 for the first time in 9 years...NOT REALLY!! Miles Austin is sure showing he is worth the money he just signed for though.

Mike Nugent has to have a sore leg after kicking the Bengals to a win versus the Ravens. Baltimore's defense has been been superb so far, just the offense struggling. Flacco seems to be regressing instead of progressing despite having Boldin and Housh now.

Chiefs 2-0, I'm probably just as shocked as everyone else. Not a good day offensively for them but did enough to setup some FG's in the 2nd half to beat the Browns.

Good game to watch between New England and Jets. Patriots had the edge in the 1st half. With Revis going down you thought that NE would be able to take right over, but the Jets did all the scoring in the 2nd half and won the game. Great game by Sanchez, LT looking good too.

I feel for all Bills fans. Could possibly be the worst situation in football at the moment, other than Cleveland, which is always the worst situation. Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace is really a big upgrade for them at the QB position.

Anyway, the Steelers have been dominant on defense in each of the first two weeks, not giving up a TV until the last minute of a game that was effectively over. The whole linebacker corps has been incredible, especially Harrison, and Polamalu has turned a shit secondary into a more than capable one.

I can't even imagine what we'll be able to do once we have a competent offense. Even if we get Leftwitch to start over the next 2 games before Ben comes back, it'd be a huge improvement. After watching the Ravens and Bengals over the first 2 weeks, I have no doubt this is a Pittsburgh team capable of winning the division.

In other news, the Niners have looked like a mess yet again in the first few minutes of tonight's game. Hopefully Joe Nedney can knock some through, for my fantasy team's sake.

Fantastic game tonight. I knew when San Fran scored and there was still 1:20 on the clock that that was more than enough time for the Saints to drive right down the field and knock down the field goal. And that's exactly what they did. :D

But yeah... regardless, San Francisco redeemed themselves from last week's abomination. They're definitely going to be a threat for any team from this point on. They have the talent; the coaching staff just needs to get their shit together.

As far as my Saints... wasn't their best performance, but I'll attribute that to the wind. We should have no problem lighting up Atlanta next week... let's just hope our defense can contain those fuckers.

Yeah good luck against my Falcons. I'm looking forward to this game as I feel Ryan and either Turner or Snelling will have a big game. If the defense holds up, I think the Falcons win this game. I hope Jenkins will be available this week b/c we can really open up the offense then. Although if the past two years have shown, this should be a very exciting game.

The Colts looked great yesterday. Thank god, considering they looked terrible in week one. Peyton was on target and the defense was large and in charge. Freeney and Mathis are so great at getting to the QB and causing a ruckus. However, the secondary needs to watch themselves. They like to cheat and play shallow when Mathis and Freeney are rushing the passer. It works sometimes but not every time. Both Giants scores were because the secondary was fucking around and trying to play shallow and pick the ball. Mathis and Freeney might get to the ball 9/10 times but that 1/10 is all it takes for a touchdown as the Giants proved last night. If they work on staying with their guys then the secondary should be fine. They rest of the team looked really strong and like the team of last year. Hopefully, they can keep it up for the rest of the season.

You know who looked good yesterday? The Chicago Bears. It really seems like the Mike Martz offense is settling in and working wonders for this team's offense that ranked "mediocre" at best last year. I'm gonna say that Bears/Packers is definately a game of the week candidate for week 3.

Pittsburghs D is tenacious. Get Ben back and the AFC North is ours to lose. Linebackers and Secondary alike are going hard. Thanks mainly to pressure brought from our front seven and play from Troy and McFadden. Would be nice to find the endzone in regulation but a W is a W.

Aaron Rodgers continues to impress while Favre will enjoy the revenge Packers fans have wanted for sometime now. And it will be served frozen courtesy Lambeau Field.

What would be better? Jerry Jones watching his team play the superbowl at home? or.. Jerry Jones paying to get into his own stadium to watch it be played by better teams...

Pittsburgh is Americas team, Dallas is Americas Media Team...

Pittsburghs Defense did hold well, especially after not looking so hot in Week 1. Hopefully Big Ben isn't out of practice when he comes back and they could be real contenders this year.

I don't agree with the Cowboys though, they've been sloppy. I know its only been 2 weeks, but they need to get it together if they want to be taken seriously by many.

So apparently The Eagles just made Michael Vick the starting quarterback ahead of Kevin Kolb. Me being an Eagles fan im excited for this move not because I think Kolb sucks or anything but because Michael Vick looks better than ever. Vick has learned to become a good pocket quarterback and he's running when he only needs to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back