• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**MERGED** All GM Discussion (KEEP IT IN HERE!!!!)

Should Vickie Guerrero become GM?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK some quick notes to start:
1- this is long, so be forewarned
2- this is not who i "WANT" or who i think is "BEST" - think of this instead like gambling odds - given the storyline setup here is what I am seeing

The Candidates:

1. Eric Bischoff 0% - if you’re talking about corporate powerhouses, you have to mention Eric Bischoff. He had a tremendous tenure in WWE as RAW general manager from 2002 – 2005 in a marriage between he and Mr. McMahon that shocked the wrestling world. But he is currently in TNA so no chance we see Bischoff return.

2. Teddy Long 0% - If he was going to be the GM, he wouldn’t have gotten to be guest GM already, and they wouldn’t be building the angle up the way they have; instead he would have just been promoted the night after Laurinaitis was fired. TRL was a solid character and it’s amazing he lasted as long as he did, but time to move along for all parties involved here.

3. JBL 5% - while he’s a popular choice on the ‘net and I agree JBL would do a tremendous job as general manager, I think JBL’s focus is on things outside of wrestling. He’s currently embarked on his “Seven Summits” charity endeavor and that will take some time. WWE is assisting in funding JBL’s efforts so the business relationship is still there and perhaps we will see JBL back in the WWE sooner or later, but now does not seem like the time for the Wall Street savant to return to the WWE universe.

4. Jim Ross 5% - WZ’s John Isenberg tagged JR as his top choice for GM, citing that it would provide an element of realism to the position plus JR would not need the camera time that most GMs require to build their character. While I think Josh’s logic is sound, I think WWE (and JR himself) are happy with where JR is at – working with scouting, talent development, and the NXT brand. Plus, McMahon tries to bury JR every chance he gets, so I doubt he’s high on JR’s potential in a spot like this.

5. Shawn Michaels 5% - I have to mention ‘ol HBK since he is a former GM (at that time called “commissioner” during the WWF days) and with the knowledge that Shawn WILL be at the 1000th RAW. That said, I take Michaels at his word that he is retired and does not desire to be on the road anymore.

6. Steve Austin 10% - Austin is a popular “fanboy” pick but Austin has his hands in a lot of other things these days. Plus, he’s done all the roles – GM, co-GM, CEO, special referee, guest enforcer, so on and so forth. This is a recycled idea that I think neither WWE nor Austin will be interested in. Instead, expect the two to maintain a business relationship that will always leave the door open come Wrestle Mania time. Austin WILL be at 1000th RAW but won't be the GM pick - instead, expect to see him interact with Vince and perhaps the other McMahons, and possibly even CM Punk

7. William Regal 10% - another former GM and a “dark horse” pick of those handicapping the GM decision on the Net. However, I think he is more valuable as a trainer of new talent and being groomed as a future main show commentator, a position he could thrive in and a spot the WWE could greatly use an upgrade. Plus, given that he’s been the GM before, I think WWE will look elsewhere

8. David Otunga 10% - an interesting candidate given the intellectual and Hollywood backgrounds Mr. Otunga possesses. Plus, now Otunga is going to be in a WWE-produced movie starring Otunga and Halle Berry. I don’t think Otunga is the guy here, but I do expect him to get a minor push in order to raise his profile prior to the production of this movie.

9. Mick Foley 15% - always a popular pick but its another option that’s already been done. His chances definitely decrease given he got the interim tab for a week right off the bat. I think Foley wants back on WWE television more than WWE wants him back, sadly.

10. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper 15% - Piper has been through personal hell with his health issues but just like his wrestling character he’s fought like mad and come out stronger in the end. The man gets tremendous pops whenever he appears in a WWE ring. That said, I’m just not sure there’s mutual interest from both parties and while Piper wouldn’t be a bad pick, I just don’t think he will be THE pick.

11. Stephanie McMahon 20% - Stephanie had a long run as Smack Down GM at the onset of the “brand extension” back in 2002 – 2003 and then served as RAW GM during 2008 – 2009. While I think she’d be a popular pick amongst fans that desire a WWE that blurs the lines of reality, I think she passes on the role given her family situation, plus if they want someone from the McMahon family tree, I believe H's and Vince are more likely picks

12. Paul Heyman 35% - I’m shocked that I have Heyman ranked even this high but as we get closer to “d-day” (1000th RAW) I find myself inclined to actually raise, not lower, Heyman’s likelihood. The man has proved, even in brief appearances, that he could thrive as a character, even in WWE’s PG atmosphere – his charisma is THAT good. And he’s a guy you love to hate or love to love, and WWE is lacking characters with that kind of edge. Reasons that will ultimately keep Heyman from being the pick for RAW GM are purely political, but then again, if you were McMahon, you’d probably feel the same way. The more Vince invests in Paul, the more dangerous he becomes, and while the smarks out there might pine for it, its just not good business, and therefore won’t happen. If Heyman gets power in this storyline, I expect it to be as a part of a relationship he has, not because he is chosen as GM.

13. Michael Cole 40% - WWE has invested quite a bit in Michael Cole, starting with the Anonymous GM angle and his Wrestle Mania match against Jerry Lawler. He’s a homegrown WWE employee and someone who has been a loyal company guy all along, plus he gets legit heat when given the opportunity. I wasn’t confident enough to put him at a 50/50 shot, given that I feel the WWE would not want to have to put JR back on main RAW play-by-play to replace Cole. Also, I have questions over whether or not the WWE audience would take a former announcer seriously as the choice over so many others with wrestling backgrounds that seemingly would make better GM candidates.

14. Edge 50% - I think Edge is a hot pick amongst the fans and you have to believe it would work both personally and professionally for the retired “Rated R Superstar.” He’s dating Beth Phoenix, so he would get to be on the road with her. And you have to believe the guy would be open to returning to a TV role given that his career was cut short due to injury. I’m not sure how one would work it in storyline but that’s simply a formality – if he’s the WWE’s choice, they’ll make it happen. He’d have to redefine himself a bit to fit into the role of being an on-camera “suit,” but he’s got the charisma and mic skills plus Edge can be a face or heel.

15. Ric Flair 50% - Flair has left TNA and his return has been widely rumored for months now. WWE definitely wants him back for the 1000th RAW. And while he, too, has been GM before, he would be an incredibly popular pick. Plus, you can practically picture his real life friend, Triple H, introducing him as the new GM – its seamless. Most rumors have linked Flair returning to serving as Dolph Ziggler’s manager, but don’t count Flair out as a GM candidate as well. You know Flair is open to returning – he needs the work, for unfortunate reasons in his personal life. But if he can get back in WWE again, it’s a win-win for he and the fans.

16. Vince McMahon 50% - If the WWE decided to go with a realistic pick, who better than the Chairman? The Mr. McMahon character remains popular as ever with the fans – his performance review of John Laurinaitis raised ratings notably – and would satisfy those who prefer the WWE acknowledge the inner workings of the business as a part of storyline. That said, I’m not sure Vince wants to be a constant presence on television, but then again, he might be the best option at this point. I’m putting his chances at 50/50.

17. Triple H 50% - If Vince doesn’t want to be the GM, Triple H could be the guy. Obviously, he also provides a great deal of realism to the role. They tried this last year with Trips serving as “COO” of the company so it could be reprised. That said, Triple H also has his match with Brock Lesnar on the horizon. While I do put Triple H’s chances at 50%, there is just something about Triple H’s character that makes him seem awkward as the authority figure.

18. John Laurinaitis 50% - Yes, “Big Johnny” was fired and the “People Power” era was seemingly ended. Then again, you also have the pending lawsuits hanging in the air between Team Lesnar and the WWE, and Laurinaitis was the guy responsible for signing Lesnar. Like Heyman, if “Big Johnny” returns, it will be through subversive means. The fact that Johnny continues to be used at house shows and the WWE has removed his name from corporate websites tells me not that they are reducing his role but instead that they are setting up for something – a power struggle over the company, perhaps. Its not for certain, but I’m rating Johnny’s odds at 50/50.

I am not trying to be mean here but I don’t understand your thread, the reason for it, or whether or not it’s a question or at least something that prompts a reply from anyone.
This is a genuine question not a flame….I just happen to be a bit confused.
And how is there a total 420% possibility of everyone being a GM? What is this…I don’t even…..what?

Until you show me a contract which proves there is no way Eric Bischoff could be the next GM, its certainly not 0%.....its very very very unlikely but not 0%.
Teddy long is far far away from 0%
And why does JR and anyone between 5 + 15% have such low percentages as Vince Mcmahons 50% ?
I like the reasons you gave following the names issued, but as lovely as your opinion may be, what is the point here?

Again, not flaming, just confused.

The percent thing is kind of dumb how its way over 100%, I like the reasons though and there's plenty of names missing from the list. It could work better as a poll maybe with the reasons you listed as a "Who do you think will be GM type of thing?" add in maybe an other option so people can pick say Vickie Guerrero, Brett Hart, Shane, or whoever else one might pick in this situation.

Again the reasons are thought out but the way it's written with the % for each doesn't work that well cause it's not out of 100%. Just a suggestion cause it would make a cool poll.

The reason for it is to engage in conversation. I take no offense to your comments/confusion. Each percentage is out of 100%, per person, not in total. Have you ever watched Pardon the Interruption where they do their "oddsmakers" segment? Or done sports betting? (granted they use odds not percentages but I decided to do it this way instead).

So for example, if Triple H has a 50% chance, I'm saying he gets 2:1 odds. I could have gone higher, if there was an obvious choice, but there isn't, IMO.

Maybe you need to see a contract regarding Eric Bischoff, but I don't. And I think TRL has little to no chance. Just my opinions. And you have yours, which you stated. That is the point of this post.

Because I HONESTLY have no clue WHO will be GM, so this is what I did today - logically went through and handicapped each situation and decided to post it to see what other people think.

In most cases people say who they WANT and not who they THINK will be the GM, which is what this is supposed to tease out.

I don't know if I broke some rules or something with this post but its a message board about a fake wrestling show so relax and respond, I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

I decided not to do a poll because I don't want my post to reflect the desire for a popularity contest; instead, I want to hear people's full thoughts. I almost did a poll, but instead I went with analysis because that's what I like to read from other people. Thanks for the constructive criticism, though.

And as far as who you say I missed:

Shane McMahon 0-5% chance at best, he's moved onto other things

CANT BELIEVE I missed Vickie, I'll put her at 40% - I don't think that was the original plan for her to return to that role but she's hard to ignore given the amount of heat she gets

Bret Hart - 25% - he's the most likely legend but given how his GM run was derailed last time I doubt he comes back in that capacity

Oh, I see. Betting odds would have made a little more sense.

I still think that Eric(without his TNA contract as proof) and Teddy especially, would still have atleast some Odds....Barney the dinosaur would have odds.

My personal pick would indeed be JR, although it does seem largely unlikely, but I think he would do the best job....up until WWE wrote him into some humiliating "comedy" segments.

But for some reason I see EDGE, or Bret Hart being the next GM.
The winning candidate will be announced at RAW1000 and this is a day where Legends are being brought out of the woodwork, and it seems only fitting that one of these guys would be the next GM.

MOD NOTE:
Guys, please stay on topic. Posts that do not deal with Hornswoggle being the Anonymous GM will be deleted and if you spam you risk getting infracted.

As the title says....What are your thoughts about Hornswaggle being revealed as the Anonymous GM? Like it? Dislike it?

I did not like it and thought it was the most cheap way to end an angle that had disappeared without reason. It don't help that I dislike anything involving Hornswaggle.

Dumb, but harmless.

It was a throwaway spot, as they pretty much never had any plan; so it's not like that could have gotten any more stupid.

That said, it doesn't make it entertaining.

So it sucked, but, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.

It's just a stunt that provides closure for one of the E's less interesting storylines. Good riddance.

Although... the completist in me now wants to see Jericho and Edge kick Hornswoggle's ass. :)

I really didn't mind it to be honest. The whole thing didn't take up much time.

I'm much more annoyed that Hornswoggle is starring in the Leprechaun remake.

Biggest POS I've seen in a while. THAT was the fucking payoff? Of course what can you expect with a show that opened with 20 FUCKING MINUTES of "proposal" bullshit? I was just thinking before it started that the RAW will probably be better than TNA's last PPV. I was wrong. It doesn't surprise me that most people won't call bullshit on it though. RAW GM storyline had potential to be epic. I don't get ROH, TNA sucks and WWE is pumping out bullshit. What are fans of pro wrestling supposed to watch?

Biggest POS I've seen in a while. THAT was the fucking payoff? Of course what can you expect with a show that opened with 20 FUCKING MINUTES of "proposal" bullshit? I was just thinking before it started that the RAW will probably be better than TNA's last PPV. I was wrong. It doesn't surprise me that most people won't call bullshit on it though. RAW GM storyline had potential to be epic. I don't get ROH, TNA sucks and WWE is pumping out bullshit. What are fans of pro wrestling supposed to watch?

Maybe you shouldn't watch wrestling if it angers you so much? Try and relax a little and you'll find you enjoy things more. The goofy four minute Horswoggle segment wasn't so bad that you had to curse four times.

As a fan of pro wrestling, I watch TNA. Yes, TNA. They're much more entertaining than WWE these days and have been for a very long time, even before Hogan and Co. showed up there.

And about the topic, I hated it. When Santino came out and said something about there's one place I haven't looked. I said to myself, please don't be Hornswoggle and BAM! he turned out to be the "GM." What a crock. We had to hear that stupid computer beep for what, a year or so without knowing who was behind it the whole time and then they drop the angle out of nowhere. They bring it back up last night and that was the best they could came up with?? To me it's like WWE just gave a big middle finger to the fans that cried about the angle being dropped in the first place, so they give us Horny and said there you morons, there's your Anonymous GM. But at least the Anonymous GM thing is completely over now. I hope.

and I agree with TheTimeTraveler, I can't stand that they chose Horny to be in the Leprechaun remake. He isn't Warwick Davis. Warwick Davis is the Leprechaun. You cannot replace Warwick Davis. I'd rather them pump out more crappy Leprechaun sequels starring Warwick than have Hornswoggle star in the remake. What's next Hornswoggle in the Willow remake?? Oh damn, better keep my mouth shut or Vince and the WWE Films might get another bright idea. :(

It Fits the storyline. Hated the whole Digital GM angle and glad it's been put to rest. No one better to close it down than someone who people seem to dislike in Hornswoggle. Just a shame things are still looking gloomy though when 2 Diva's are Main-Eventing Raw, and the other show is now being called Zack Down. Really hoping the 1000th Raw lives up to all this hype and we see an improvement.

I was thinking all along that the anonymous Raw GM will turn out to be.....Michael Cole!

It makes sense. Maybe the reason that Michael Cole reads the Raw GM's e-mails is that he sent them to himself, and reads them later onscreen.

I think Jerry Lawler should have done the reveal, and the payoff becomes that Michael Cole quits on the spot as a commentator, only to become the new GM of Raw and Smackdown on the 1000th episode of Raw.

I know that you would hate Cole as GM, but the bright side is that maybe he will no longer commentate, and they could bring JR to replace him at the desk.

Does it really matter?

Of course not. The angle was thrown away months ago and most of us had no need to find out who was running things from the computer. Some people did but it wasn't that important. It's harmless and I don't think anything will come of it. People who still cared about the angle got the closure they so "desperately" needed and the kids got to see Hornswoggle.

In a couple of months nobody is going to remember this as it isn't a big deal.

Totally stupid and done, I think, to have a laugh at the people complaining about how the Anom GM just disappeared. It was basically WWE turning around and saying, 'fine, here you go, here's who the GM was, now shut up and p***off!'

Annoying!!! It's like having Hornswaggle turn out to be McMahon's long lost son, two storyline arcs that could of put someone over massively, and yet they put horny in there for a laugh. Pointless.

I preferred it being anonymous, since nobody fit the spot.
Hornswaggle most of all, didn't fit it.

Kind of a slap in the face to the overanalizers.

Maybe you shouldn't watch wrestling if it angers you so much? Try and relax a little and you'll find you enjoy things more. The goofy four minute Horswoggle segment wasn't so bad that you had to curse four times.

No it wasn't really the four minutes that bothered me, it was all the time wasted with the angle and also the loss of potential pay off that could elevate alot of people. That also coupled with over 20 minutes of AJ flirting, the same EXACT Cena generic promo telling us about how is going to this and that and also how the big show is "unstoppable" even though he's stopped all the time and Cena JUST beat him not long ago. Then we get the lawler/Cole feud reignited (hooray!), a match consisting of an airplane spin, then the feud squashed again, dumb ass Santino playing sherlock holmes the entire show.
At least we had a mixed tag team match though, right?

Sorry I cursed so much, didn't mean to offend you. Just hate the state of wrestling right now. It's been so long since I couldn't wait until "next monday".

It wasnt that bad. Quick closure to an irritating angle.

I dont get how it could have really elevated anyone being revealed as the gm.

The show as a whole wasnt that great though, too muchtalking, too many squash matches and not enough wrestling.

I had a feeling the entire time the RAW Anonymous GM was in the story line that it was someone underneath the ring. It just made sense to me for some reason. And when Santino came out last night and said the AGM was no where to be found but underneath the ring I knew right away that Hornswaggle was it. It was pretty funny seeing Hornswaggle kick them though haha

My thoughts are MEH!
They thought they would tie up a loose end without effecting any other storylines currently going on in the WWE, so they pinned it on Harmless Hornswoggle. I am just pleased they kept that segment so short. WWE are learning?

That was horrible...simply horrible. Let's just put aside that Hornswaggle was the vicitm of the Anonymous GM on several occasions. This is now the second "Major" WWE storlyline that he been ruined with Hornswaggle. Remember when they had the storyline of Vince's "illigitamite son"? Instead of Mr. Kennedy (who was suspended at the time) it was revealed to be...Hornswaggle.

That wasn't TV remotes you heard clicking at the end of that segment last night...it was the collective groans of millions of people who watched that from the comfort of their own homes.

Been a WWE fan since 1982...and I have to say...Hornswaggle as the GM is worse than the debut of the Gobblelygooker.

That was horrible...simply horrible. Let's just put aside that Hornswaggle was the vicitm of the Anonymous GM on several occasions. This is now the second "Major" WWE storlyline that he been ruined with Hornswaggle. Remember when they had the storyline of Vince's "illigitamite son"? Instead of Mr. Kennedy (who was suspended at the time) it was revealed to be...Hornswaggle.

That wasn't TV remotes you heard clicking at the end of that segment last night...it was the collective groans of millions of people who watched that from the comfort of their own homes.

Been a WWE fan since 1982...and I have to say...Hornswaggle as the GM is worse than the debut of the Gobblelygooker.

O please get real, neither one of these angles were major. The whole Kennedy McMahon angle was going to suck anyways and would have been forgotten about by now if it did happen. As for the Raw GM thing, nobody cared apart from those who kept mentioning that WWE dropped the angle without a answer. Well there you go, angle finished. It wasn't major and will hardily ever be mentioned again.

Surprisingly it does make sense for it to be Hornswoggle, if you consider that there had to be a logical reason why the GM did not want to appear. Hornswoggle would not have been taken seriously due to his size, so it that way the whole computer thing made sense. Although that said, there are serious flaws in this which apart from people on here people would have forgotten about anyways.

There are some very forgiving people on this thread - who the anonymous GM was the main storyline for 13 months and was dropped never to be referred to again until very recently.

As frustrating as that was, last night's 'revelation' was even more irritating because they had the perfect candidate for the quick pay off moment. Think about it, the GM was self centered and, while a heel, did make a large number of edicts that disadvantaged heels - implying a warped sense of justice. Why oh why didn't they just reveal Bob Backlund (who exhibited all of these characteristics in his 90's tenure as 'Mr Backlund') as the man behind the laptop? This would have been quick, easy, believable and conclusive because, let's be honest, Hornswoggle could still be revealed to be a red herring and only playing the role for the night (which he was!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back