Mick Foley:Possible Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Mic Foley but he has nothing left in his tank as a ring performer, the guy is to slow on his feet now. If WWE brings him back it shouldn't be as the Raw GM it wouldn't make any sense, Vince couldn't stand Foley and his dirty looking ways ( script ), now if they bring him back as a manager or a member of the broadcast team those roles would be great for him and his looks.

Hell in the Cell at Wrestlemania vs UNDERTAKER!

How could that be anything but a tremendous disappointment in the end? Do you really think these two old, broken men could reproduce what they once did???

Besides, did you see that infamous Hell in a Cell match? No, really, not just the two falls Foley took in that match and that cemented him as a top player and made that match immortal. The entire thing, did you watch it? IT SUCKED! Seriously!
Foley took those crazy stunts because he knew he could never outperform the last guy who faced the Undertaker in HiaC (HBK). It worked because back then his body still could take that kind of abuse.

These days a HiaC match between those two would most likely be a very sad sight to behold.

I don't think there is any scenario or capacity for Mick Foley in today's youth driven WWE. He once was a top star. But that time has long since passed.

Meh. I don't know if I would be too excited to see Foley return to WWE. I wouldn't have a problem with him being on any WWE program, but I don't think I could have that "OH MY GOD MICK FOLEY HAS RETURNED!!!" type of reaction. I've seen him come and go so frequently over the years, so I don't think I could become excited again. Foley probably will go into the Hall Of Fame soon enough, because it seems like he's on good terms with WWE, and I do think Foley is one of those guys who truly deserves the honor.

If Foley does return, then I'm sure he would have some type of non-wrestling role, and I wouldn't have a problem this. I wouldn't want to see Foley get in the ring again, because his body has been through hell, and I don't think he could give us another memorable match. There's a chance the match could be atrocious, and Foley is on my list guys who I don't want to see "one more match" from.

They took Michael Hayes away from Tyson Kidd because Kidd made Hayes look like a giant, same with everyone else. The only person that could make Tyson Kidd look threatening would be Jimmy Hart. Now put Foley with kid and everyone would see the joke plainly.

Foley should go with Undertaker, Triple H, Waltman, and Nash to head up the new developmental team. those five would be great to find new talent and train them. Foley would be a great final piece to the puzzle.

Here's an Idea... Have him return to replace Booker T as the Smackdown commentator...... Because I'm Sorry Booker T doesn't do it for me...To bring him into the ring??? I say no.. Foley was a Hardcore guy.. look at WM22.. Him and Edge... The only thing that made it a great match was the hardcore element.. But the WWE has moved to the PG era so the "Hardcore" has been toned down...

I'd be fully supportive of Foley returning to WWE and it's what I expect to happen in time. I was surprised he ever went to TNA in the first place as I had considered him a "WWE guy" since he joined the company in the mid 90s. Obviously his in-ring days are behind him, but he could definitely help out the company in some capacity. Foley has always been a really likeable guy that fans can kind of associate with because he's not your typical pro wrestler. I think the best options for him would be either a behind the scenes job, perhaps in talent development/evaluation, PR, or something similar. The other thing that I would really like to see him do is get back behind the announcer's desk. His time there on Smackdown was pretty good and when he did it in TNA he was good as well. If he can put up with Vince screaming in his ear this time, I could see him being a good color commentator. Not sure where due to the abundance of announcers there currently are. Still though, I don't know how much longer King is going to continue in his role and Foley is easily better than Booker T, so I'm sure they could make room for him.

Here's my question:

Why bring Mick Foley back?

Sure, Booker has found his niche as the enthusiastic commentator, but he is probably the only person prior to the "PG Era" that has managed to make what he is doing work. Bret Hart was a bomb. Trish Stratus choked and blew up large chunks. And as a viewer, watching The Rock be the EXACT SAME GUY from ten years ago and the crowd NOT reacting overall to him was embarrassing.

Like I've grew up on these guys and such. However, no one wants to see some guy who graduated high school 10-15 years ago trying to be prom king or queen in the current year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back