• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Memoirs of a WrestleZone Moderator by Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Memoirs of a WrestleZone Moderator
By Uncle Sam

I get bored of a... actually, I'm generally always pretty bored. If I had an exciting life, do you really think I'd spend my time on here? So, while I arduously re-update my recently wiped iTunes library (the Ricky Gervais podcasts survived, miraculously) I've decided to give you all a treat by recounting my time here.

Chapter 1
A Bold Start

Some things that you might not know, or remember, about my first few months on this site:

1) I was a massive Randy Orton mark. I'd forgotten this one myself. In fact, I'd defend him with ferocity:

How does he keep f*cking it up? By being an ass back stage? I couldn't give two f*cks if he beat a woman senseless, raped her and set her alight...

It just goes on like that. I can't help but wonder if I starred out the fucks. I hope not. It was probably Jonny B. He did stuff like that.

Anyway, I even went so far as to say:

Orton has great technical ability and great charisma, he could really turn around these dull Raw title fueds.

That one's sort of backfired.

2) I posted in bold. You see, WrestleZone at this time was a complete mess. It was only me and about four other posters that could even fucking spell or form a coherent thought. Though it was later revealed that this was more than enough to make me stand out, I decided to take it upon to myself to type out a well thought post and then rap it in tags. Y'know, so people would take notice.

I was looking forward to posting some examples of this but it would appear that the kindly Jonny went through them all and took out the bold. Again, he was like that. So I'll just pick some random posts and put them in bold so you get the idea.

/\ Well duh, that's pretty obvious Squamton!

Doesn't matter to me, his sexuality and what he does in his personal life are none of my business.

3) I took everything deathly seriously. Reading back over my old posts is actually quite embarrassing. I really used to commit. Then again, Jake used to make serious posts as well. Every now and then I'll come across one. It's really rather disconcerting. I think once or twice he genuinely discussed his feelings on subjects with sincerity. Unsettling.

I don't really need to illustrate this, you've got enough examples above. Alright, just one:

They should leave Eddie Guerrero's death alone, they should never have used it in a storyline, that is the height of disrespect.

Which leads me to number 4.

4) I used too many commas. Arguably still a problem today. I mean, it wasn't quite justinsayne level but it was getting there at times. Thus ends number four.

These times were like the dark ages of WZ. It's why our rules are so strict now. All the same, they were easily the most exciting. I say that but really, how exciting can a wrestling forum be? It's also a lie - other periods in WZ's extensive history are much more interesting.

It was basically just me and a handful of other posters tearing apart other people's arguments. I make that sound like an achievement. It really wasn't. Most people were, as has been mentioned, completely mentally deficient. I can't say anybody really stood out to me.

Eternal Dragon was my idol for a week or so. I don't think she noticed me, really. I wasn't even aware she was a girl.

It was around this time that Xfear, Prax, Jake and, uh, Jonny (?) formed WZ's original stable, Evolution. I think A.J. might have been involved too. Little did they know that it would all come crashing down with the P*** incident. But that's a topic for another time.

Me and Jonny didn't get off to the best of starts. I'm surprised he didn't ban me, to be honest. I posted the same Shelton Benjamin thread three times because the bastard kept closing it and telling me to post in the existing one a few pages back. I eventually decided to back off.

I make myself sound like the world's most famous poster at this point. I wasn't. I was as anonymous as, erm, all those posters that we have now are. You know, Sparky and Dingy and Robert - those guys.

I've often wondered what Luther was doing at this point. The Canadian and the Fox were elsewhere on the internet. The latter was busy flaming people on YouTube and the former was busy forming his current homoerotic relationship with D-Man, probably.

Next Chapter:
My Vague Recollection of "The Prax Incident"

The end of an era, how Jonny B became WZ's original villain and why I loved Ticked Off Texan​

Strangly enough I was a Randy Orton mark when I first started too. I have less excuse though- I had a much more reccent start :)

But yeah that was a quite an entertaining read. Its always interesting to hear things back in ye olden times. The Prax incident I am especially looking forward to following a look at the jail cell discussion:)

Next chapter will be good. I remember few details of the Incident, I was watching from the sidelines cause I wasn't known then...

This thread makes me sad, Sam once said he would post his memoirs then announce his retirement (or I made that up)

This is fascinating. Now I can finally understand all the incidents the old guard talks about.

Memwahs? I'm down.

Don't feel bad about the Randy Orton stuff. In April 2006, I said that Umaga had more longevity than The Great Khali. Boy, do I ever have egg on my face now.

I'll be tuned in for the next chapter for sure to see how Sam saw the events of my fellow Evolution member Prax banned.

Sam was such a noob back then, Jake, Jonny and myself would tickle ourselves pink poking fun at him in the Board Room.

You wait until we get onto the VIP Room.

Will there be an entire chapter dedicated to the topless British women Jake would post in the VIP Room? I believe that was the purpose of that place. That, and post count of course.

This is interesting to me as well. I didn't get into the bar room until around March of last year so this stuff is mostly foreign to me.

That sucks. You missed the glory days of the Bar Room. The original Bar Room, before it was deleted by the hand of God.

Hot damn!

Yeah the original bar room *remembers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back