• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 12.15.11

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
The Aftermath of Final Resolution
IMPACT WRESTLING
Live Discussion for 12/15/11

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29_fc34f61d23b74be53ee07d469bd32064_m.jpg

After beating Jeff Jarrett in the Steel Cage match at Sunday's Pay-Per-View,
"The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy is the NEW #1 Contender to the World
Heavyweight Championship.

He'll get his shot at the upcoming "Genesis" event in January. However, Hardy
won't get any rest on Thursday, as he'll face Bully Ray in one-on-one action!

Speaking of Jeff's...

How will "The King Of The Mountain" Jeff Jarrett and VP of the Knockouts
Division, Karen Jarrett, react to what happened during the Cage Match at the
PPV?

According to Sting, either Jeff or Karen will be fired this Thursday night!

After the controversial ending to Sunday's World Title main event between
champion Bobby Roode and challenger AJ Styles, Sting has promised that
Thursday's telecast will start with a bang! Both champion and challenger will
be in attendance!

How will it be resolved? According to sources, the situation will be addressed
at the start of the huge broadcast!

Also on Thursday, IMPACT WRESTLING will feature the start of a month-long
WILD CARD Tag Team Tournament to determine new #1 contenders to the
World Tag Team Championship, currently held by Matt Morgan and Crimson!

Rumor has it some very INTERESTING pairings are being discussed by officials!

Plus, tune in for more fallout from Final Resolution, including footage from
the Pay-Per-View as the road to the January 8 "Genesis" epic event begins!

Can't watch IMPACT WRESTLING on Thursday? Make sure to set your DVR to record it!

[YOUTUBE]eh3_nnCtoao[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yil0Q7N8k2o[/YOUTUBE]

The road to the January 8th Genesis Pay-Per-View event begins!

I really hate these tournaments they hold. This happens every time they fuck themselves over by booking a division into oblivion. Now for months we'll end up with throw-together teams facing other throw-together teams the same as the WWE did for years. Total waste of time.

Indeed. This is what WWE was yelled at for doing for years: throwing together two people (and I'm sure NONE of these teams will be people that hate each other or a regular team. Of course not) and calling them a team. You can have a tag division, especially given the huge roster TNA has.

Indeed. This is what WWE was yelled at for doing for years: throwing together two people (and I'm sure NONE of these teams will be people that hate each other or a regular team. Of course not) and calling them a team. You can have a tag division, especially given the huge roster TNA has.

Just give them a reason to be a team. That's my thing. Beer Money were throw-togethers, but they found a way to be a team. They wore match tights. They found a familiar gimmick that worked for both men. They developed team based offense.

The MCMG's fit the same bill.

If you're going to have two singles guys team, have them buy into being a team, not just two singles competitors competing as a tag team.

This is true. Kofi and Bourne got a team name and they looked far more legit. It's that easy some time.

You guys realise that you're slagging TNA off for doing exactly what you want right?

What is a wild card tag tournament if not 'giving guys a reason to team together'? TNA's tag division is weak, everyone realises this, so they acknowledge it and run and angle where a bunch of new tag teams are thrown together by management. Come the end of the month we'll probably have a new full time tag team established, whose sudden partnership has actually been explained as opposed to the spontaneous, irrational team development that usually happens. It's a one month angle that will advance a couple of programs, spit up some interesting matches, probably get a couple of underused guys on TV and serve as a first step to repairing the depleted tag division.

I'll take a logical and convincing backstory over matching tights.

You guys realise that you're slagging TNA off for doing exactly what you want right?

What is a wild card tag tournament if not 'giving guys a reason to team together'? TNA's tag division is weak, everyone realises this, so they acknowledge it and run and angle where a bunch of new tag teams are thrown together by management. Come the end of the month we'll probably have a new full time tag team established, whose sudden partnership has actually been explained as opposed to the spontaneous, irrational team development that usually happens. It's a one month angle that will advance a couple of programs, spit up some interesting matches, probably get a couple of underused guys on TV and serve as a first step to repairing the depleted tag division.

I'll take a logical and convincing backstory over matching tights.

I don't disagree that it's logical. I'm just not a fan of this type of booking. Tag teams, unlike singles stars, for the most part don't really need as much of a history lesson to exist. If the team gimmick alone is enough for viewers to say "Oh cool, these two guys are tattoo'd punk guys and tag together (Ink Inc.)" or "Oh OK, they're long-time best friends (AJ/Daniels)" it's enough where you don't have to dedicate too much time into why they decided to tag instead of going the singles route.

All I'm saying is that if you're going to do this and end up with tag-teams, don't just throw them together by picking names out of a hat. Use logic. I have no idea what the actual teams are, but if I see random mix-ups like Shannon Moore and let's say Samoa Joe, that's just going to be plain awkward.

At least pair guys together who look like they could possible develop some kind of chemistry together and make it a long-term thing, the same way they did with Beer Money, Inc.

These aren't going to be permanent tag teams, it's a program that is going to last for a month. We might get one longer term pairing out of it depending on who wins.

And there was no logic to teaming Beer Money together. Roode and Storm's gimmicks at the time had absolutely no chemistry, to concept of randomly putting them together was stupid and everyone was very quick to point this out. If two talented guys are put together then they can make the team work, this is just a way of bypassing the logic black hole which comes with putting them together in the first place.

These aren't going to be permanent tag teams, it's a program that is going to last for a month. We might get one longer term pairing out of it depending on who wins.

And there was no logic to teaming Beer Money together. Roode and Storm's gimmicks at the time had absolutely no chemistry, to concept of randomly putting them together was stupid and everyone was very quick to point this out. If two talented guys are put together then they can make the team work, this is just a way of bypassing the logic black hole which comes with putting them together in the first place.

But the fact of the matter is that they made it work. They made the team into what it was and because there was enough talent there to do so.

Again, I have no idea what match-ups TNA chose, but I find it hard to believe that most of them will be designed with any long-term plans in mind.

I understand why this is being done, but I still just don't like story lines like this.

I'm with IDR. If you're going to fix the division, fix the division. Don't just throw people out there for a month and then move onto the next two thrown together guys. It's stuff like that which killed the WWE tag division.

Well the forum is probably going to make an actual LD impossible, and KB and I have a bickering quota to fill.

I'm with IDR. If you're going to fix the division, fix the division. Don't just throw people out there for a month and then move onto the next two thrown together guys. It's stuff like that which killed the WWE tag division.

I agree with Gelgarin. What you are missing KB is that no one is suggesting that they make one random pairing and then move on to a new one the next month. What we are suggesting is that you make a few tag teams, some to fuel a singles feud, some that are indeed just filler but you build one solid tag team that sticks around after this for some time. It is just another story telling device and it is a fine way to attempt to start addressing rebuilding the division.

Got me thinking about what pairings I'd enjoy seeing.

Eric Young is probably a given for this kind of event, and I think there could be quite a lot of fun putting him together with somebody competent, preferably Joe. Would further Joe's belief that management are out to get him, and there would be plenty of opportunity for them to play off one another in ring.

I would very much like to see Xima Ion, Mark Haskins or 'That new guy who I actually like' on television in any capacity, and this seems as good an opportunity as any.

Rob Terry and Scott Steiner together again would absolutely make my day. They'd work better as a tag team. Steiner could do all of the talking and carry all the matches, whilst Terry stands around and looks impressive.

Bully Ray and Abyss sounds both logical and entertaining - I'm thinking more in terms of backstage segments, but whatever.

Oh, and stick AJ and Daniels back together, just so I can watch Kaz invite everyone to his cabin again.

"Crazy Good" Abyss and Kendrick is my pitch.

Maybe RVD and Devon (EV37.48) vs Daniels and Pope (Divine Powers).

For the last team I will go with Rob Terry and Eric Young.

good idea: Have an overtime to a match that ended in a controversy from your ppv to follow up on the interest of the angle

Bad idea: TELL NO ONE ABOUT IT. There is not a single thing in their website. If you are going to have the overtime and not advertise it prior to the show, at least put it as your main event so more people see it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back