• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 12.22.11

Hey look: another team made of people that were just feuding. You might think that's odd, but it's TOTALLY RANDOM.

I'll concede a little bit. While I still don't see James Storm as a major star, he's doing a good job at getting serious so I can buy him as a little more credible these days.

It's a bad thing to go with because... you have absolutely nothing aside from your obsessive negativity to back that assertion up.

I think what KB is saying is that programs are either between two guys who are equally good, or between a guy who is a little better than the other and can give the guy a rub by the quality of the program.

In this program's case, you have Pope as the "young guy" I guess who could use a rub. Personal feelings aside, he's a guy who's young enough to still benefit from any program he's in. On the other side you have Devon. Is Devon as a singles guy really someone that can benefit Pope? Does a victory over Devon mean anything?

The answer is no, and whether or not Devon is good for this storyline (he's not, but they are actually his kids so people are willing to buy the "real" emotion despite his lack of acting talent), he's still Devon and after this feud is over, it does nothing for Pope. He beat Devon, so what? Ultimately, both guys could and probably should fade away afterwords, meaning the feud didn't serve much of a purpose. Had a similar story been done with guys who were worthwhile, it might have been different.

I think what KB is saying is that programs are either between two guys who are equally good, or between a guy who is a little better than the other and can give the guy a rub by the quality of the program.

In this program's case, you have Pope as the "young guy" I guess who could use a rub. Personal feelings aside, he's a guy who's young enough to still benefit from any program he's in. On the other side you have Devon. Is Devon as a singles guy really someone that can benefit Pope? Does a victory over Devon mean anything?

The answer is no, and whether or not Devon is good for this storyline (he's not, but they are actually his kids so people are willing to buy the "real" emotion despite his lack of acting talent), he's still Devon and after this feud is over, it does nothing for Pope. He beat Devon, so what? Ultimately, both guys could and probably should fade away afterwords, meaning the feud didn't serve much of a purpose. Had a similar story been done with guys who were worthwhile, it might have been different.

This, and that it's a very interesting story that could put a young guy on the map instead of a guy like D-Von, who has been on the map for years and is likely on his way off said map.

Except for the fact that people find the program entertaining.
Goal of show: to entertain - it amazes me that so much of the internet, in it's desperation to over analyse everything, fails to recognise this.

I finally can pinpoint what it is that makes TNA's funny promos fail. They are corny as hell. they are worse than SNL sketches.

Except for the fact that people find the program entertaining.
Goal of show: to entertain - it amazes me that so much of the internet, in it's desperation to over analyse everything, fails to recognise this.

Entertaining TO YOU. To me, mildly entertaining. I'd say to the masses, the program would be more entertaining with more talented people involved and that's been the point from the beginning.

Look at it this way. A lapdance is entertaining right? But a lapdance from a really hot chick is a lot more entertaining than a lapdance from a slightly overweight chick with a butterface. Now, maybe the idea of ass in your lap and tits in your face is still entertaining in both cases, but you'd be more entertained with the better talent right? That's the point.

I finally figured out what makes Roode look tougher in the ring than in street clothes: his hair. For some reason when it's back, it makes him look a lot weaker. When it's down he looks a lot tougher.

Entertaining TO YOU. To me, mildly entertaining. I'd say to the masses, the program would be more entertaining with more talented people involved and that's been the point from the beginning.

Look at it this way. A lapdance is entertaining right? But a lapdance from a really hot chick is a lot more entertaining than a lapdance from a slightly overweight chick with a butterface. Now, maybe the idea of ass in your lap and tits in your face is still entertaining in both cases, but you'd be more entertained with the better talent right? That's the point.

I can't say I've ever had one, but I can't imagine finding a lapdance to be remotely entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back