• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 08.30.12 is LIVE!

Aces and Eights is unquestionably my favorite wrestling angle since... I don't know, quite some time. The heel stable is cool and intriguing. The reveal probably won't live up to people's unreasonable expectations, but the fact that we're this deep in the angle and there are still half a dozen legitimate candidates for who it could be all of whom would make sense is incredible.

If I were writing the show I'd be desperately searching for ways to create a satisfactory conclusion without ever having to unmask the group.

Aces and Eights is unquestionably my favorite wrestling angle since... I don't know, quite some time. The heel stable is cool and intriguing. The reveal probably won't live up to people's unreasonable expectations, but the fact that we're this deep in the angle and there are still half a dozen legitimate candidates for who it could be all of whom would make sense is incredible.

If I were writing the show I'd be desperately searching for ways to create a satisfactory conclusion without ever having to unmask the group.

I hate to draw this comparison, but it's the most compelling angle TNA's run since the "They" story a few years back.

1 James Storm 73 13
2 Samoa Joe 68 12
3 Bully Ray 55 12
3 Rob Van Dam 55 12
5 A.J. Styles 50 13
6 Jeff Hardy 49 12
7 Kurt Angle 48 13
8 Mr. Anderson 47 12
9 Christopher Daniels 33 13
10 Magnus 28 13
11 Robbie E 12 13
DNF D'Angelo Dinero 7 91

So.... uhm, how in the hell is Samoa Joe not already in?
If he gets DQ and loses 10 points he gets to 58. However, Hardy would only get 3 points putting Hardy at 52.

This is much, much better than "They" for several reasons.

1) Jeff Hardy aside, we pretty much all figured out who "They" were very quickly.
2) A significant portion of the "They" build involved Abyss, who fucking sucks.
3) This is really, really fuckin' awesome.

I'll say this about THEY. The morning of BFG, I woke up and was incredibly excited about the show that night. The only other time during the year that wrestling excites me that much is Wrestlemania.

Sorry, Tiger —*doesn't look it to me:

Photo%20Aug%2030%2C%2010%2025%2024%20PM.jpg

It might not need to be anyone of note. I don't think his mask was supposed to be that far down so it could be anyone.

1 James Storm 73 13
2 Samoa Joe 68 12
3 Bully Ray 55 12
3 Rob Van Dam 55 12
5 A.J. Styles 50 13
6 Jeff Hardy 49 12
7 Kurt Angle 48 13
8 Mr. Anderson 47 12
9 Christopher Daniels 33 13
10 Magnus 28 13
11 Robbie E 12 13
DNF D'Angelo Dinero 7 91

So.... uhm, how in the hell is Samoa Joe not already in?
If he gets DQ and loses 10 points he gets to 58. However, Hardy would only get 3 points putting Hardy at 52.

Joe can move to first place with a victory; if Hardy wins he's automatically in and either RVD or Ray will be bumped to 5th pending their match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back