IMPACT Wrestling LD for 01.17.13 is LIVE!

No, really. Teasing some options, even ones that don't make much sense and then going with something unexpected but logical is how you do it right.

That.......wasn't terrible. It doesn't really help the main problems for Aces and 8's, but simply not having them have another guy that is a career jobber helps. Oh, and in bigger Aces and 8's news, THEY DIDN'T LOSE TONIGHT!!!!

THis was my face, going from the excitement of Tazz being in A&8, to realizing Tenay and Toad are the new announce team. :banghead:

e4744dbb6ba4.gif

Nice to see a reveal for Aces and Eights that people actually give a shit about. And after all of the speculation for the faction, I don't recall anyone predicting or speculating about a Taz reveal. Great to see an announcer affiliated with a rogue faction, we've never seen that before.

The ending was good, the Hardy/Daniels stuff was good, the Aries/Roode stuff was good but not as good as some thought it was. The rest....not so much.

Hey, you've got to see this as a positive development for TNA. Anything that takes Taz away from the commentary booth has got to be a good thing, doesn't it?

I'm telling you, if TNA started going into the right markets... like Bully says they should... they would get a HUGE fan base growing. I think TNA's at a point where they can strongly start becoming a threat to WWE.

I'm telling you, if TNA started going into the right markets... like Bully says they should... they would get a HUGE fan base growing. I think TNA's at a point where they can strongly start becoming a threat to WWE.

The markets Bully suggested or alluded to them going into, New York, Chicago, Philly, all up along the Northeast coast wouldn't be a large enough market. It wasn't for ECW during a boom period in wrestling and it won't be now. And putting the investment in could potentially lose money.

"What a twist!" says Bestia in the voice of Robot Chicken's M. Night Shalalalala (I'm not looking his name up.)

Real talk, the episode was pretty sweet.

The markets Bully suggested or alluded to them going into, New York, Chicago, Philly, all up along the Northeast coast wouldn't be a large enough market. It wasn't for ECW during a boom period in wrestling and it won't be now. And putting the investment in could potentially lose money.

Well they're already pushing WWE away in the UK, adding some of American wrestling's Power Cities is another step in the right direction. And if they can promote their company right, they can easily become a big threat... especially if they left the Impact Zone.

That was great. The ending was unexpectedly awesome. Best all around show in a while. Yeah, there could have been more in-ring action- but it was well put together. I feel like that would have been a good 3 hour show.

I LOVED when Tazz took the jacket off and you could hear the fans gasp, then his slow turn around and Hogan rushing the bridesmaids out of the ring. Great ending.

Well they're already pushing WWE away in the UK, adding some of American wrestling's Power Cities is another step in the right direction. And if they can promote their company right, they can easily become a big threat... especially if they left the Impact Zone.

I'm from Ireland, I watch both and have attended shows by both, TNA are doing well but every time WWE comes to Ireland or the UK they get big time press. I have tickets to a TNA show on Monday, it's in The National Arena in Dublin, that sits 5,000, WWE go to the 02 Arena which sits 14,000 for concerts. I know people think TNA did well in the Wembley Arena, but I've been in it, it's not that big and has nothing on the MEM arena where WWE does shows in Manchester.

Not to mention, WrestleTalkTV which is on Challenge, which TNA is shown on over here has a WWE discussion that lasts 25 minutes, a TNA one that lasts 10 minutes and then general wrestling talk/interview for the remainder. That's an insight into how well their doing in their own market. What Americans don't realize is wrestling does very well in Ireland and the United Kingdom, in Ireland alone we have six promotions, and several tours from the States.

WWE will always have a firm grasp on New York and Chicago. Philly is the wrestling city TNA should try getting on their side first and if that works try another city.

I'm from Ireland, I watch both and have attended shows by both, TNA are doing well but every time WWE comes to Ireland or the UK they get big time press. I have tickets to a TNA show on Monday, it's in The National Arena in Dublin, that sits 5,000, WWE go to the 02 Arena which sits 14,000 for concerts. I know people think TNA did well in the Wembley Arena, but I've been in it, it's not that big and has nothing on the MEM arena where WWE does shows in Manchester.

Not to mention, WrestleTalkTV which is on Challenge, which TNA is shown on over here has a WWE discussion that lasts 25 minutes, a TNA one that lasts 10 minutes and then general wrestling talk/interview for the remainder. That's an insight into how well their doing in their own market. What Americans don't realize is wrestling does very well in Ireland and the United Kingdom, in Ireland alone we have six promotions, and several tours from the States.

WWE will always have a firm grasp on New York and Chicago. Philly is the wrestling city TNA should try getting on their side first and if that works try another city.

They had BFG there.........didn't work all that well. That may have to do with other things but being a New Yorker and knowing the biggest house show attendance in company history was in Brooklyn, I'm pretty sure NY is where they should target. Why people think a city has to be for one company or another is beyond me. Just don't come the same week and you'l get people to go. Quite a few actually.

As for the show and the reveal..........is it October? No? I don't care. Aces and Eights are Paris Hilton. Not relevant in a long time and never did much other than fuck with a bunch of large men of all colors. Also they suck a lot.

Nice to see a reveal for Aces and Eights that people actually give a shit about. And after all of the speculation for the faction, I don't recall anyone predicting or speculating about a Taz reveal. Great to see an announcer affiliated with a rogue faction, we've never seen that before.

I'm not sure if this is a sarcastic comment, but didn't Taz affiliate with the MEM for a while when he worked with Joe in 09ish? Also, Heyman and the Invasion angle.

Didn't see the show last night but it sounds like it was a fun episode.

I'm not sure if this is a sarcastic comment, but didn't Taz affiliate with the MEM for a while when he worked with Joe in 09ish? Also, Heyman and the Invasion angle.

Didn't see the show last night but it sounds like it was a fun episode.

Gosh no, I would never be sarcastic in my assessment of TNA. My comment had nothing to do with any sort of Taz involvement with MEM, or a Bischoff involvement with nWo.

All of that aside, last night's show was pretty good, and I enjoyed the Taz reveal. Sure it's a little repetitive, but lets face it, everything in wrestling has been done before, so I really cannot fault them for that. At least Taz is someone people care about, a definite step up from Devon, Festus, and Knox. I'm not really sure how significant it will be as he's a non-active wrestler, but it was a good reveal nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back