• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 07.10.14 — Kurt Angle's "Champions' Showcase"!

Sanada's reign was solid, and now it's over because a big name needs the title as a way into the World Title match. That means the title vacant, the champion never got beat to lose the title, and we get another tournament with some watchable matches before another meaningless set of reigns start because the main event guys will take the belt again next July before handing it over like a week later.

It makes the entire division a waiting game until we get to Destination X season when someone will come in and take the title and completely reset the division while the X-Division guys stay right where they are with no elevation at all.

Fair enough. Can't say I disagree.

It's also only produced one winner who made right on winning the World Title in cashing it in, too — the guy who just won it again, so it's not as though it's being used to elevate other talents.

I thought it was at least 2. I know Steve lost the x-Division match and I thought Knux lost too. I could be wrong. But also, their stable of 3 just got eliminated almost as fast as Gail Kim in a WWE battle royal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back