• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 06.26.14 — No God Damned Spoilers!

No complaints from me really. Not big on the Menagerie, but other than that the show has been solid.

@realmickfoley: Is it just me, or is there a slight resemblance between @TherealAbyss and 1996 #Mankind? Probably just me. Enjoying @IMPACTWRESTLING though

HA!

I would be perfectly fine if I never saw barbwire ever used in another match again.

Overall show has been surprisingly decent so far, I don't have too many complaints tonight

Same. My fear is always that the tacks will puncture someone's spine.

About a zero percent chance that would happen as there's far too much fat and muscle to go through before it gets anywhere. It's actually one of the safer spots you can do while still looking good.

Truer words were never spoken, TNA has made a lot of mistakes over the years. Nice to see TNA try to rectify their mistakes by bringing in a legitimate character in the authority role.

So how long until the inevitable heel turn?

Really? Crazy.

Still scares me every time I see it.

Well think about it. The sharp part is what, half an inch long? Even if one went in perfectly it wouldn't get very far into a muscular body. It's one of those hidden secrets of wrestling, just like trashcans. They're actually made of one of the easiest shots to take but they look/sound great.

Solid episode. Can't hate on this too much. I mean, aside from the endless power struggle stuff, the rest of what's going on is just fine.

I think it was in one of Mick Foley's books that the tacks hurt more coming out than they do going in. If it wasn't Foley I don't remember who it was.

Not a bad Impact tonight. I'm not going to complain about it.

The power struggle in TNA is one of those things you just have to get used to and it only gets worse with age. Like chronic back pain, just as the main focus of a TV show.

THe show was good, but there are still problems that make me shake my head.

1. Do you remember James Storm's match? If you do you've got a better memory than most fans because it was a total afterthought. It's a three minute match with Anderson that meant nothing coming in, wasn't memorable, and wasn't thought about again for the rest of the night. These guys are former World Champions and no one seems to remember that they exist. Why aren't the factions in the wars recruiting them? Dixie Carter wouldn't like a guy with a great superkick that he can hit out of nowhere helping guard her against Bully Ray? Angle couldn't use the guy that took him to the limit in a solid feud? They're RIGHT THERE but there's no thought put into them as this feud continues to go nowhere for no apparent reason.

2. Speaking of people that have disappeared, Gunner continues to have his huge spring push wasted. Yeah he's doing stuff with Shaw, but he hasn't been in the arena in what, six weeks? He gets out with Shaw in his custody next week but I don't care about him anymore after he's been gone this long. THe guy looked primed to be a contender and now he's watching Shaw draw pictures because his buddy had PTSD, which the company seems to think is the same thing as being a psychopathic stalker.

3. We didn't have time for a lot of acts tonight, but at least we got Tommy Dreamer time. "But people cheered him so it was a good idea!" Yeah people cheered a (big stretch here) legend who they hadn't seen fight in years. You could bring out any has been and get a reaction if they haven't been around in a long time. Instead of Tommy Dreamer, give this spot to someone that could get a rub from it and become a new star. Put one of the Wolves in that spot. You think they might get a reaction and have a better match whenever it happens?

When all the ECW guys come back (and you know they will), they'll get some cheap pops for a few weeks and then leave because they're mostly retired and their matches suck. Then what do you have? A bunch of guys that haven't gotten a rub and haven't been featured lately because we needed to have one more ECW reunion that most fans aren't going to care about and that makes TNA look third rate and desperate. Instead of giving these spots to people like Aries and Joe (where were they tonight anyway?), we NEED Tommy Dreamer here to fight for ECW, because that's all he talks about half the time. Also, and see if you can stay with me here, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY TO BRING IN MORE PEOPLE AND YOU MIGHT MAKE MORE MONEY!

The show was entertaining, but as usual TNA looks for the short term instead of planning long term at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back