Idea for another potenial future tournment

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
Just an idea that I've been tinkering with, I want to see how much interest a tournament such as this would generate.

The idea is to take stars and villains from well known comics, mangas, anime's and cartoons and pit them against each others in tournament round style fights.

For example Batman vs Wing Gundam could be a potential match in this tournament

Though I have a knowledge on a variety of anime's and manga's, my knowledge of comics and comic characters is limited.

The genre of anime, cartoons, comics, and manga is a wide open one on this board. I've never really seen any type of movement to start a tournament like this one, although I'd imagine that the interest is probably there.

So, what are the thoughts on a potential tournament like this?

Another forum I visit has this style of tournament as a normal section called a battledome where you place characters from anywhere against each other. It's quite fun, but I'm not sure there would be enough interest on WZ for a tourney on it.

Another forum I visit has this style of tournament as a normal section called a battledome where you place characters from anywhere against each other. It's quite fun, but I'm not sure there would be enough interest on WZ for a tourney on it.

We'll have to see, there really hasn't been any real movement to organize anything interactive with the genre, but I know from reading old threads that their is at least some interest. Whenever someone would mention Batman or Superman or any other star from the DC or Marvel worlds as well as anime's like Dragonball Z, those topics would see pretty good success.

Well if you get enough interest and approval, I'd help out. I'm a casual comic reader, usually only picking up copies of comics on hero's that I like to follow. My knowledge on Anime I like to think is quite good, I tend to keep up with 5-6 active series of anime's currently airing in Japan per few months for the past couple of years. Cartoons I'm bleh in, mostly late 90's cartoons I know.

I can suply Naruto, and Dragonball Z characters. Thats about it >.> Though, Marquis would rape me in both areas, I do believe..

What's manga?
Japanese comics basically
wiki said:
Manga http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Installing_Japanese_character_sets is Japanese for "Comics" or "Whimsical images". Manga developed from a mixture of ukiyo-e and Western styles of drawing, and took its current form shortly after World War II. Manga, apart from covers, is usually published in black and white but it is common to find introductions to chapters to be in color and is read from right to left. Financially, manga represented in 2005 a market of ¥24 billion in Japan and one of $180 million in the United States.[1] Manga was the fastest growing segment of books in the United States in 2005.
Anime and manga share many characteristics, including: "exaggerated physical features such as large eyes, big hair and elongated limbs... and dramatically shaped speech bubbles, speed lines and onomatopoeic, exclamatory typography."[2] Some manga, a small amount of the total output, is adapted into anime, often with the collaboration of the original author. Computer games can also give rise to anime. In such cases, the stories are often compressed and modified to fit the format and appeal to a wider market.[3] Popular anime franchises sometimes include full-length feature films, and some have been adapted into live-action films and television programs.

Well if you get enough interest and approval, I'd help out. I'm a casual comic reader, usually only picking up copies of comics on hero's that I like to follow. My knowledge on Anime I like to think is quite good, I tend to keep up with 5-6 active series of anime's currently airing in Japan per few months for the past couple of years. Cartoons I'm bleh in, mostly late 90's cartoons I know.

Thanks

I'm fairly positive that guys like IC and Shocky have at least some knowledge as well. Then there are some guys that you wouldn't normally expect to have allot of knowledge on the subject that do have quite a bit

surely there has to be more people interested in this idea, I'm assuming that only 10 regulars on this entire site read comics and watched cartoons when they were younger?

It has been a slow day today. Push this thread during Sunday, and youll get more viewers.

I'll probably push it some more tomorrow and definately Sunday night... I really do think this idea could work, and it'll be allot of fun.

Dont forget that Wolverine has healing powers that not many can take on. So technically, he can't be defeated.

If Wolverine can't fight his way to victory, Hugh will dance for his opponent to death.

I love this idea, seriously. Absolutely adore it. I could bring up the DC vs. Marvel GN as reasons to why Hulk would beat Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back