Tourney Idea (for Staff)

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well for a while I've been thinking about making a thread about a subject I enjoy and I'm sure others enjoy, but I wasn't sure on how to strike up discussion about the subject.

The only way I could think of making the subject worthwhile was to hold a tourney for it. Just in case there already was a tournament held for it, I skimmed through the WZ tournament archives and I didn't find anything.

The tournament I'm talking about, is that of Best Stand-Up Comedian. I've really wanted to make a thread on stand up comedy, but I'm not sure what could really be discussed in it, aside from posting YT links.

Anyway, has there ever been a Tournament for stand-up comedians before or has there been discussion for one and it just didn't work out?

I think it would be best, for it to be held by the main forum, because I think it would interest a lot of people to vote for match ups such as Dane Cook vs Louis Ck, Chris Rock vs Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy vs Dave Chappelle, Eddie Izzard vs Ricky Gervais and so on and so forth as the tournament progresses.

I think there are a lot of competitive match ups in the world of stand up comedy and I think it would make for an entertaining tournament.

If the idea doesn't sound good to the admins, or the people who hold the interactive tournaments, would there be a mod such as Dave, Tdigle or another mod who knows Stand-Up comedy, has the time, and would be interested in holding the tourney in the prison? Since in the prison, it wouldn't interfere with any of the other on going projects/events(and me and the other prisoners could take part in it :blush:.)

I toyed with the idea of holding it in here myself, but I figured it wasn't my place(as I think it could be moderately successful if done right) and I wanted to see if there was any interest in it first, as a main forum Tourney.

The most it could ever be is a mini-tournament. There is not enough interest in it, to be honest. There has been threads and no one would post in them.

We'll see.

The most it could ever be is a mini-tournament. There is not enough interest in it, to be honest. There has been threads and no one would post in them.

We'll see.

Yeah, I figured if there had been interest, it would of been done already. And it's hard to post about stand up comedy, it's either funny or it isn't. You need to be really articulate and well versed in it to have type of significant discussion about it.

Which is why I figured the best thing would be a tourney, but it may not be worthwhile enough for the main boards.

If it were held in here, I was trying to think of ways to make it more interactive, such as drafting comedians to posters during a live draft.
And/or doing something where it's kind of like cards where if someone posted
"Bobcat Goldwait" the next comedian posted (has to be by someone else) would be his opponent.

It kind of would be like having a deck of cards(comedians.) If someone put down George Carlin, maybe you'd wait before posting your next comedian or maybe you would sacrifice a shitty comedian you drew/were given in order to save your better comedians for lesser opponents.

Anyway, if it were held in here, I think there are a number of ideas to make it interesting for 15-20 people or so.

Best Stand-Up Comedian
Dane Cook

4tvwc6.gif

Yeah, Dane Cook is like the John Cena of Stand-up.

I was trying to think of grudge matches in stand up comedy and him and Louis CK was the first that came to mind (aside from Carlos Mencia vs Joe Rogan.)

[YOUTUBE]ASFmLuGIr78[/YOUTUBE]

How is Dane Cook that John Cena of comedy? John Cena is actually talented... and funny. Those are two things Dane Cook will never be.

They are both loved and hated, by many.

They are probably the two most polarizing figures in their respective career fields(comedian and sports entertainer.) That's all I meant.

I actually love Dane Cook. His "Vicious Circle" stand-up show was damn funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back