I AM THE Royal Rumble Live Discussion

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Guests, if you're looking around and want to join in on the action, signing up could not be easier.

Registering with Wrestlezone Forums takes mere seconds. Once registering, not only can you join us in here for the Rumble Sunday Night, but you will also become a member of our Discussion Forums.

One click on the link below, and a couple seconds to choose your Username and password, and you're part of the Internet's most popular Wrestling Discussion Forum.

I can tell you that the LDs here are a major reason why I signed up. They are so much fun and laid back. All of the posters here are very friendly and accommodating towards new posters, and we want you to sign up.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/register.php

2wgvlv5.jpg

The Royal Rumble is this Sunday, and it's never too early to get the ball rolling on driving some discussion for the second biggest PPV of the year. The Rumble is my favorite PPV every year, and this year should be no exception. In addition to the Rumble match itself, which is always a lot of fun, we also are going to get treated to four title matches, all of which should be very interesting. They're all also very hard to predict. It's even hard to predict the Rumble. The WWE has made this year's Rumble event so intriguing, and I can't wait for how things are going to be shaped after Sunday night.

THE ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

2niwv94.jpg

Announced Participants: Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Triple H, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Big Show, Mark Henry, Evan Bourne, MVP, The Miz, Jack Swagger, Carlito, Kofi Kingston, Chris Masters, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Batista, The Great Khali, R-Truth, Matt Hardy, Kane, Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, Shelton Benjamin, William Regal, 5 Mystery Spots

Twenty-six years ago, the dream of modern-day WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon was made manifest with the birth of the squared circle’s most celebrated spectacle, WrestleMania. More than a quarter of a century later, 30 Superstars will have the ultimate opportunity to realize their dream of performing in the World Championship main event match on this now aggrandized stage for the most brilliant competitors.

They can dance on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania XXVI. But first, one man will need to surpass the efforts of 29 opposing competitors with the same aspiration in the 2010 Royal Rumble Match.

A test of endurance, athleticism and survival at all costs, the Rumble Match is the definitive Battle Royal, where each Superstar’s prime objective is to propel their opponents over the top rope, with both feet touching the floor. Every 90 seconds, one of 30 elite ring warriors with randomly drawn Rumble entry numbers joins the fray. Though luck of the draw can be a critical factor in such a high-stakes situation (ideally, entering at No. 30 like 2007 winner Undertaker and 2008 victor John Cena), past Rumble winners have included Superstars who kicked off the Battle Royal at No. 1 (as seen in 1995 with Shawn Michaels and in 2004 with Chris Benoit).

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

w33wj.jpg

At the Royal Rumble, following weeks of controversy, World Heavyweight Champion Undertaker will put the title on the line against Rey Mysterio. Will the ultimate forces of darkness cast their shadows over Mysterio’s unwavering heart?

On SmackDown Christmas Night, The Master of the 619 bravely challenged The Phenom for the World Title. But, no clear winner could be declared after Batista suddenly charged into their epic battle, igniting an all-out three-way brawl. Though Mysterio was the only Superstar standing when the post-match smoke cleared, the WWE Universe remained thirsty for a definitive outcome.

In order to finally secure a definitive challenger for The Undertaker’s crown, a Steel Cage Match was announced on SmackDown between Mysterio and Batista. And in a fire of fast-paced fury, Mysterio overcame The Animal to take his place as the true No. 1 contender.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

15mefsg.jpg

Like a rough Irish whiskey, WWE Champion Sheamus has proven that, when trifled with, he's more than capable of leaving even the toughest man flat on his back. At the Royal Rumble, however, The Celtic Warrior must face a particularly sobering prospect: Defending his title against five-time WWE Champion Randy Orton.

While The Viper's inclusion in the WWE Title Match may seem unexpected, it should come as no surprise to those familiar with his methods. Orton recognized an opportunity during a Triple Threat Match on Raw to determine the No. 1 contender and, as usual, he quickly seized it. As he battled with his opponents, John Cena and Kofi Kingston, his henchmen from The Legacy, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase, caused enough of a distraction to allow the scheming Superstar the victory.

While Orton has never seemed interested in clothing his naked ambition, he should be careful what he's gotten himself into. Sheamus' rabid aggression and overwhelming strength promise to be a powerful antidote to the cold calculation and athletic agility of The Viper.

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP

xfxmh2.jpg

Following the ECW Homecoming tournament, an Eight-Man Over-the-Top Rope Challenge decided who will square off against Christian for the ECW Championship at the Royal Rumble. The contest featured some of the top ECW Superstars both past and present all vying for a title opportunity. After a wild brawl, Ezekiel Jackson was the only ring warrior remaining, earning himself a match against Christian at the Royal Rumble.

Ezekiel Jackson’s victory was impressive to say the least as Hardy, Kane and CM Punk are all former ECW Champions and Vance Archer and Yoshi Tatsu are two of the Land of the Extreme’s most promising young stars. Previously Big Zeke showed just how dangerous he can be, especially under William Regal’s tutelage, with the strategic and powerful dismantling of former associate Vladimir Kozlov in an ECW Homecoming qualifying match. With his sights now set on the ECW Championship, there may be no stopping the 6-foot-4, 309-pound Guyanese Goliath, and with The British Brawler acting as his advisor, there’s no telling what unscrupulous tactics the two might employ.

WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

2i4ygp.jpg

After coming to SmackDown in late 2009 by way of the tri-brand Divas trade, Women's Champion Michelle McCool has made Mickie James' life miserable.

Week after week, Michelle – often in cahoots with Layla – perpetrated one mean and awful act after another.

There's no doubt Mickie has enough motivation to want to put a stop to Michelle's bullying.

At Royal Rumble, can Mickie finally dethrone Michelle, or will the former school teacher give Mickie another lesson in meanness?

This is a major PPV, and I think it should be a lot of fun. The Rumble always is. This goes without saying, but begging for streams is NOT permitted since this is a PPV.

Enjoy the matches, and let's get some discussion going in this thread!

Too bad Santino is out.:(

I was going to go out this weekend, but that got pushed back, so I can watch it live!

I wanted to make this thread. :(

Anyway, words cannot describe how pumped I am for this. My first PPV LD. Well my first paid for PPV LD. HOpe Zeke wins and RVD is a mystery spot in the Rumble.

I'm actually going to close this until we're closer to it. Two days is just too early to make this.

You're not introuble or anything. Just too early and it'll be opened Sunday or tomorrow.

Prediction list from my thread

Cody Rhodes:
Ted DiBiase: hatehabsforever
Mark Henry:
Evan Bourne:
Chris Jericho:
CM Punk: Little Jerry Lawer
John Cena: El GeneriCoco
Jack Swagger:
Montel Vontavious Porter:
The Miz: Maggot01
Shawn Michaels: Y-2-Jay
The Big Show:
Triple H: Phoenix
Carlito:
Kofi Kingston: TLC
Shelton Benjamin:
Yoshi Tatsu:
William Regal:
Zack Ryder:
Batista:
The Great Khali: General Disarray
Kane:
Chris Masters:
R-Truth:
Matt Hardy:
Mystery 5: Doc DiBiase

Sheamus vs. Orton remains my number one reason not to watch this. Could someone explain how they thought they'd get people interested in that? Or was it their typical "They'll watch because it's one of the biggest shows of the year!" things?

Punk for the ultimate swerve. Please and thanks.

Tonight starts the road to Wrestlemania so who knows what we are in store for during the Orton Sheamus match, but I see a swerve coming.

Let's talk about our favorite Rumble cliches:

My favorite? The announcers talk about someone who doesn't have a shot in hell of winning like they could win it all...

"Here comes Vance Archer at 22, what a hoss he is! A win here would really help his career!"

"It's the corpse of Chris Benoit!! Could he pull off the impossible tonight?! What an upset it would be!"

The road to Wrestlemania is underway. The lights will never be brighter! Are we sure those are the brightest lights there are? No doubt!

The Great Khali HAS to be a favorite. He has arms like legs, and legs like people! How is he going to go over?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back