How Many Of You Here Support Trump?

Specific examples of what in that situation was directly her fault? Things that actually happened? Not from a movie? Specific examples of things she did wrong and how she could have done right?

Please, use examples from a Michel bay movie instead of the two congressional investigations done on the matter that found no wrongdoing, or the news reports from every outlet baffled by how this myth has grown so much with zero factual evidence supporting the story of any wrongdoing

You have a right to vote. You have a right to freedom of speech. You have a right to an attorney. You can choose not to exercise those rights, but a right is an active thing you are given as a citizen, not the decision to be passive.

It's against the law to not vote in Australia.

You Americans are blessed with the right to not vote.

Benghazi. And I can probably guess what you'll say to this, that it wasn't really her fault. But she was secretary of state, she had a hand in it, a lot of the blame can be placed on her shoulders. Not all of it, but a good deal of it.
(By the way, 13 Hours is a very good movie if you haven't seen it)

You can't be serious, right? That movie was garbage. She is not at fault. Saying she has to take responsibility because she was the boss is fine, and she has. But that doesn't mean it was her fault and it can be held against her.

This example you're using doesn't hold water. It's ridiculous. If that's her biggest scandal, she's in good shape.

So if there is a movie, the incident itself and the repercussions to those who are strongly alleged becomes a farce?

Horrid movie though, the nauseous levels of 'Things go ba mah rules hair' and its contradictions made me turn it off 20 minutes in.

So if there is a movie, the incident itself and the repercussions to those who are strongly alleged becomes a farce?

Clinton being guilty of anything related to what happened in Benghazi is a farce. Not sure what you were saying there, but that's the facts. It was a fake scandal (note I said scandal, not the actual incident) created to hurt Obama and a woman they knew would more than likely be our next President. That's all it was. Complete garbage, which is typical of the "modern" GOP.

I have long thought that Trump does not and never did want to be president. The position comes with too many restrictions.

He wanted to use the race for the nomination to bolster his brand. The best case scenario in his wildest dreams, he would have chosen a close defeat in the presidential race. The biggest exposure without taking on any political responsibility.

Now, he is in a position of potentially winning and it is almost as if he is trying his best to get people to not vote for him by repeating saying offensive, ignorant and downright insulting things several times every day. Such nonsense put off undecided voters, who are the ones who elect presidents.

Even the RNC, which should have been the thing that an businessman/entertainer, was a disaster. He is even going after the military, belittling sacrifices and service, which is meant to be completely off limits to an American conservative. Almost like he is trying to put off some staunch Republicans too...

Unfortunately for him and America, he has already opened the can of worms, invigorating the idiots of American society and they are supporting Trymp, who continues to paint himself as idiot-in-chief, no matter what because of their own ignorance and prejudices.

Барбоса;5542167 said:
I have long thought that Trump does not and never did want to be president. The position comes with too many restrictions.

He wanted to use the race for the nomination to bolster his brand. The best case scenario in his wildest dreams, he would have chosen a close defeat in the presidential race. The biggest exposure without taking on any political responsibility.

Now, he is in a position of potentially winning and it is almost as if he is trying his best to get people to not vote for him by repeating saying offensive, ignorant and downright insulting things several times every day. Such nonsense put off undecided voters, who are the ones who elect presidents.

Even the RNC, which should have been the thing that an businessman/entertainer, was a disaster. He is even going after the military, belittling sacrifices and service, which is meant to be completely off limits to an American conservative. Almost like he is trying to put off some staunch Republicans too...

Unfortunately for him and America, he has already opened the can of worms, invigorating the idiots of American society and they are supporting Trymp, who continues to paint himself as idiot-in-chief, no matter what because of their own ignorance and prejudices.

I've thought this for a long time. I know Trump is a headcase, but he's smarter than thinking this is how you get elected. For years he's teased running and then something makes him back out. I really think he's gotten in over his head and is trying to back out while saving face.

You can't be serious, right? That movie was garbage. She is not at fault. Saying she has to take responsibility because she was the boss is fine, and she has. But that doesn't mean it was her fault and it can be held against her.

This example you're using doesn't hold water. It's ridiculous. If that's her biggest scandal, she's in good shape.

The investigation itself was a complete farce. I wasn't surprised that she had gotten off the same way I wasn't surprised when the FBI found no reason to indict her for that email debacle even though they even said that she was being negligent with classified info which, for most of us, would carry a nice prison sentence. She's in good shape regardless because Trump is an idiot. Eventually he's going to put his foot in his mouth one too many times and that'll be the final nail in the coffin. Of course that may be exactly what he wants. I'm just ready for election season to be over so people will shut up about it. I hate the political game and despise those that play it. I think that's really what it boils down to for me. Politicians make me nauseous. I think that's what drew me to Trump for the short time I actually liked him. Then he started spouting off ignorant, racist horseshit and I all of a sudden hated him just as much as I hate every other politician. It's all a game to them and we're just the pawns.

Horrid movie though, the nauseous levels of 'Things go ba mah rules hair' and its contradictions made me turn it off 20 minutes in.

Meh, all depends on taste I suppose. I usually get in to the mindless blood and gore action flicks anyway but the fact that the event actually took place made it more real for me. Depends on the person I suppose.

We really don't know what happened at Benghazi. All we know is what the media tells us. Either way, as Secretary of state she had the sole responsibility of admitting they did something wrong not say at the hearing "what difference does it make"?

I think that's what drew me to Trump for the short time I actually liked him. Then he started spouting off ignorant, racist horseshit and I all of a sudden hated him just as much as I hate every other politician. It's all a game to them and we're just the pawns.

If Trump really did want to become president, he has missed a massive trick that is encapsulated in this. The early days of his campaign made it look like he was going to run as the anti-politician candidate, free from the normal constraints and the corruption of Washington. Almost like the "None of the Above" campaign from Brewster's Millions. It got people interested, even excited and if he had followed that approach, Trump could easily have got support from all over the political spectrum.

Then, instead, he abandoned it completely for the worst type of thin-skinned shite-talking Republican/Fox News idiot, pandering to the worst elements of the conservative base, something that is almost completely unnecessary as most of them are going to vote for the Republican candidate regardless.

How to deal with a Trump supporter

1. Tell them it says Gullible on the ceiling
2. Wait for them to look up
3. Punch them in the throat

Барбоса;5542167 said:

Thats been a very vocal notion for a few months now.

Imagine being told do whatever you want, be as offensive and then seeing people gravitate towards this behaviour. A Hillary win will only sweep the problem under the rug, America has some deep deep issues that it refuses to address.

A Hillary win will only sweep the problem under the rug, America has some deep deep issues that it refuses to address.

It's very easy to say that but what do you do to start addressing those problems when they have infected the presidential election?

Some treatment techniques require things to hit rock bottom but this is the most important country in the world. Giving the presidency to Trump just to see if he ruins everything is no treatment.

Барбоса;5542277 said:
Giving the presidency to Trump just to see if he ruins everything is no treatment.

I disagree. I'm not a Trump supporter, but unless you actively want violence in the streets over this (which there's no guarantee there won't be), it's best to let this populist rhetoric fail on its own and let people see it for what it really is.

I disagree. I'm not a Trump supporter, but unless you actively want violence in the streets over this (which there's no guarantee there won't be), it's best to let this populist rhetoric fail on its own and let people see it for what it really is.

That might sound like a good way to show the idiots they are wrong, if it did come that Trump is as bad a president as he seems set on making himself seem like he could be, but is completely unworkable in the real world. This is not some unruly child who needs to learn the lessons of their own mistakes with a scraped knee or smacked bottom - this is a country of 350 million people, the lynchpin of much of the world.

You cannot intentionally unleash the forces that rock bottom could actually bring as you have no way of predicting or controlling where that mess would lead.

The last 200 years of European history tells you that.

Барбоса;5542285 said:
That might sound like a good way to show the idiots they are wrong, if it did come that Trump is as bad a president as he seems set on making himself seem like he could be, but is completely unworkable in the real world. This is not some unruly child who needs to learn the lessons of their own mistakes with a scraped knee or smacked bottom - this is a country of 350 million people, the lynchpin of much of the world.

You cannot intentionally unleash the forces that rock bottom could actually bring as you have no way of predicting or controlling where that mess would lead.

The last 200 years of European history tells you that.

I'm not so much advocating for the unleash of these forces as much as I see it as the only way to prove some of these people wrong. These people are closed-off from rational thought, and think that life is a good vs evil struggle, Trump being good, Hillary being bad. As much as I try to tell people that life has far more nuance and far more calculation than a movie script, and as much as others try to say that, the message does not get through to these people. You can call them idiots and point them out as incorrect and explain to them why until the cows come home, but until they themselves can see what their mindset has created, they can't escape the metaphorical wall they have created.

Some people require practical, clear as crystal evidence to discredit what they believe in.

Барбоса;5542277 said:
It's very easy to say that but what do you do to start addressing those problems when they have infected the presidential election?

Some treatment techniques require things to hit rock bottom but this is the most important country in the world. Giving the presidency to Trump just to see if he ruins everything is no treatment.

You've seen this story Barbs, the start of the fall of a great dynasty. The dynasty here has been the Democratic Rule of The United States Of America. The whole cyclical throw of power from one tribe to another.

Maybe there is no scope of dialogue. There are two notions, very strongly supported by both, and the only way they exist, is accepting each other's existence without mass conflict. A few spurts of violence here and there, that's it.

Do you expect record number of votes this term?

Try actually reading what I wrote.

To answer though, it being a farce is what makes it a farce

Ye, what I mean too.

The problem the right faces with the Clinton situation is pretty simple - when you create a couple of fake controversies to hurt a potential candidate, that candidate's base will never move away from him/her and independents will only care if it's a real scandal. The right has hyped up its own base, but no one else, which was inevitable given how ridiculous the two stories are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back