Happy 82nd Annual Academy Awards LD!

YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE

Sorry i didn't know this thread was going to be patrolled by the Grammar Police.

I know your pissed Avatar beat white ribbon for the award.

You're

And yep, I've a bad feeling about the Best Picture award. I'm holding onto this faint hope that Up will win because the people on the Academy have been nagged by their kids.

In My Life! Awesome song!

He died? Sonofabitch!

Was it just me or was there a noticable lack of applause for Michael Jackson?

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by that as well. It seems Brittany Murphy actually got more applause. They really should ask the audience to refrain from applause there. It's just creepy to see which dead person gets a bigger reaction.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by that as well. It seems Brittany Murphy actually got more applause. They really should ask the audience to refrain from applause there. It's just creepy to see which dead person gets a bigger reaction.

I'm still laughing at Tdigs asking why last years best supporter actor didn't present this years award.

Why is every person on a food show not from America?

And I'd think Jackson not getting much applause would be because most of these people didn't grow up with him so he was just another big deal and not an important part of their lives.

And I'd think Jackson not getting much applause would be because most of these people didn't grow up with him so he was just another big deal and not an important part of their lives.

I think it might have been because this isn't a music show. I was surprised to see him mentioned really, he wasn't an actor in the traditional sense.

Or yeah, it could have been the child molestation thing.

For those of you who are trying to figure out who has a better shot at winning Best Picture, lemme remind you that Crash and Brokeback Mountain were about this close. They gave Brokeback Best Director and Crash won BP. So I think whoever wins Director loses BP.

I think they'll give Hurt Locker the Director award, and Avatar BP. Because the Academy loves making history, and if they do it this way, they'll be awarding the first female Best Director, and the first sci-fi BP winner.

Plus, it's been a long time since the Academy's honored a major Hollywood film with the award, and they're probably dying to.

Yeah that's true unless you count something like Moonwalker. Then again he's in the rock and roll hall of fame and isn't a rock and roll guy.

For those of you who are trying to figure out who has a better shot at winning Best Picture, lemme remind you that Crash and Brokeback Mountain were about this close. They gave Brokeback Best Director and Crash won BP. So I think whoever wins Director loses BP.

I think they'll give Hurt Locker the Director award, and Avatar BP. Because the Academy loves making history, and if they do it this way, they'll be awarding the first female Best Director, and the first sci-fi BP winner.

Plus, it's been a long time since the Academy's honored a major Hollywood film with the award, and they're probably dying to.
Yep and they robbed Star Wars back in the 70s because of it. NO WAY Star Wars should have lost to Annie freaking Hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back