The 2011 Academy Awards LD Is Living Under A Rock On 2/26/11

No surprise here. And to tell you the truth, I'm okay with Firth winning this one. I enjoyed Eisenberg in The Social Network, but I don't think his performance was that good.

It's kind of sad that the show is almost over. As much as I love bitching about this show, it is always fun to watch.

I have a feeling I'm going to end up hating The King Speech once I finally see it.

Then again, I thought the same about The Social Network, and ended up loving it. Still though.... The King's Speech can't be this good, can it? With all the awards it's won at this point, it's a given it'll win Best Picture.

Great film anchored by Franco's performance. He carries that film, mainly because he is the only person in it for much of the film.

I don't mind this at all. I like Franco, and I do think he's very underrated. He was only in the beginning of The Green Hornet, and this really pissed me off.

I have a feeling I'm going to end up hating The King Speech once I finally see it.

Then again, I thought the same about The Social Network, and ended up loving it. Still though.... The King's Speech can't be this good, can it? With all the awards it's won at this point, it's a given it'll win Best Picture.

It isn't that great. Good, not great. I don't think it should win best picture at all.

It's not a bad film at all, but I do think it is slightly overrated. Firth was a good lead man, and there is an inspirational story behind this film. But yeah, it's not as great as the critics and others are making it out to be.

Again, no surprise here. The King's Speech has been praised by just about everyone. I was pulling for Black Swan, but I just knew it wasn't going to win.

Never been a fan of the way the Academy Awards work. If your movie is released before the fall for the most part you have no chance.

Two of my least favorite things in the world:

Kids that aren't talented being told they're talented because it's "cute" or "adorable"

And SOMEWHERE OVER THE FUCKING RAINBOW. I want to fucking murder this song.

Two of my least favorite things in the world:

Kids that aren't talented being told they're talented because it's "cute" or "adorable"

And SOMEWHERE OVER THE FUCKING RAINBOW. I want to fucking murder this song.

This one always manages to get on my nerves....ALWAYS.

And I also hate that song, KB.

Nah KB, the teacher of that chorus does incredible things with those children. If only this country had more like him, our fucking kids and teenagers wouldn't be the annoying pieces of little shits they are.

Nah KB, the teacher of that chorus does incredible things with those children. If only this country had more like him, our fucking kids and teenagers wouldn't be the annoying pieces of little shits they are.

Fine. Just don't have them on my television.

Was it embarrassingly pathetic to watch a bunch of untalented nobodies sing like they thought they were NeYo or something. The kids I mean.

Also happy that Christian Bale got the "Supporting Actor" award, he was great in The Fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back