The 2011 Academy Awards LD Is Living Under A Rock On 2/26/11

Fincher should take solace in the fact that AMPAS is far from the end all, be all on greatness. Instead, they're just an organization that usually awards those films that they can relate to (i.e., those about privileged people whose biggest concerns are about shit like lisps or about not being able to find the perfect partner while using their wads of C-Notes as tissue to blow their stuffy noses).

To be fair, The Social Network is a film about wealthy, entrepreneurial Harvard kids suing the shit out of each other. So yeah, it was his best chance yet.

I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't be so happy to win an Oscar that I'd enthusiastically beat a tramp to death with my statuette, but I really don't assign much weight to the awards any more after so many hugely questionable picks over the years.

Was anybody else mocking Kirk Douglas' condition with repeated, unfunny recitations of lines from Spartacus spoken while imitating his condition last night? Lord knows I was!

Three things I enjoyed from the show, and yes, finding three things was a difficult task.

3. Christian Bale's Speech

2. Randy Newman's Speech

1. Overly excited kid with Jew Fro.

James Franco's knack for looking dead tired didn't do the broadcast any favors, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back