Happy 82nd Annual Academy Awards LD!

I know I'm a couple minutes late, but I was at work.

Lemme just say, fuck you Monique. Have a little more class than that.

For those of you wondering, when she thanked the Academy for rewarding the performance instead of playing to politics, that was her way of telling the other nominees, "I am better than all of you."

I know I'm a couple minutes late, but I was at work.

Lemme just say, fuck you Monique. Have a little more class than that.

For those of you wondering, when she thanked the Academy for rewarding the performance instead of playing to politics, that was her way of telling the other nominees, "I am better than all of you."

If you've watched the film you'll know that she was better than all of the others, easily.

Hey loveless does this precious remind you of heather from eastenders?

okay that package for Precious really makes me want to watch it now. When does it come out on DVD?

If you've watched the film you'll know that she was better than all of the others, easily.

I have seen it, and it IS an amazing performance, but I have never seen a performer accept an award with less graciousness. That's the type of speech Jim Cameron would give.

I'm also pretty sure that this was the first time that a performer has thanked their attorney. Makes me think she threatened the Academy with a racial discrimination lawsuit.

Hey loveless does this precious remind you of heather from eastenders?

Ah now why did you have to go and say that? It's taken me days to get certain scenes from Precious out of my head, now I'm going to be reminded of them every time EastEnders is on and Heather will probably end up replacing Sidibe. You've scarred me for life Sunshine.

I have seen it, and it IS an amazing performance, but I have never seen a performer accept an award with less graciousness. That's the type of speech Jim Cameron would give.

I'm also pretty sure that this was the first time that a performer has thanked their attorney. Makes me think she threatened the Academy with a racial discrimination lawsuit.

She was just making a point that awards shouldn't be given based on ploitics and how much you beg for it or for how much you kiss the academys ass and i agree with her it should be based on the actual performance.

Ah now why did you have to go and say that? It's taken me days to get certain scenes from Precious out of my head, now I'm going to be reminded of them every time EastEnders is on and Heather will probably end up replacing Sidibe. You've scarred me for life Sunshine.

I've not seen the movie, I'm just going off the preview they just showed.

I didn't think she'd get it just because "Phat Girlz" is a credited title on her resume.

Yeah I'll just cough on the stage during the oscars

Get off the stage, shirtless ethnic temptation!

****e is the favourite genre of film? Well actually, I suppose it is.

She was just making a point that awards shouldn't be given based on ploitics and how much you beg for it or for how much you kiss the academys ass and i agree with her it should be based on the actual performance.

Point made. Doesn't excuse the fact that it was the least classiest acceptance speech since Michael Moore won Best Documentary for Bowling For Columbine.

I have never seen a performer not acknowledge the hard work of their peers in their speech., Even that dick Sean Penn mentioned it in his speech last year.

Then again, none of those actresses are her "peers". They've all given good performances before this. Monique's second best performance is in Phat Girlz.

Whatever, Mo'Nique is fierce, she won her Oscar, she can go do Phat Girlz 2 or Snakes on a Soul Plane if she wants to.

Have I mentioned that I hate George Clooney?

Avatar loses to The Hurt Locker for sound editing? I did not expect that. Hopefully they're not just compensating for the main awards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back