• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Happy 82nd Annual Academy Awards LD!

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
In The Loop for Best Adapted Screenplay will make up for overlooking Wall-E for Best Picture last year. Well, no. But it's a start.

*sigh*

In%20the%20Loop%20(2009).jpg

Don't care about most of the awards, but I'd like to see either District 9 or The Hurt Locker win Best Picture.

I like it, gives some other films a chance to win that normally might not get the nomination, like District 9. 10 is a bit much though, would have preferred something like 7.

I hate the fact that's ten pictures. As if we can't figure out which five wouldn't have made the cut. Kind of hurts the accomplishment of being, say, the second animated film in history to be up for the award.

If avatar wins, I riot.
I'm betting on Hurt Locker. With the new scoring system, people who will straight up rank Avatar low will work against it while most people will likely be ranking HL high.

I think. I don't really understand it all.

If The Blind Side wins I go on a killing spree.

Also, I'm going to vomit all over my trousers if Meryl Streep wins another undeserved Oscar.

Apparently Bullock has a chance, I hope so because she won a razzie last night

Well, it's a good thing I have 2 cable systems. One of them is Cablevision, and that means I don't have ABC, and thus no oscars. Comcast FTW (at least more win then Cablevision and ABC).

I laugh (and feel bad for) at all the Long Islanders (and everyone else with Cablevision) who don't have ABC because ABC is demanding a $40,000,000 raise.

Christoph Waltz better walk out with Best Supporting Actor, that's the only one that I'm routing for this year.

Hopefully Inglourious Basterds win most of the stuff they're nominated for. I won't mind Kathryn Bigelow winning Best Director though if Tarantino wins Best Original Screenplay. But for best picture - Inglourious Basterds FTW.

Outside of that, I'm rooting for Sandra Bullock for Best Female Lead and Jeff Bridges for Best Male Lead.

Inglorious Basterds or District 9 for Best Picture. Christoph Waltz for Best Supporting Actor and I would mind seeing Avatar win some awards. Apart from that, I don't really care about anything. I was going to watch it live but I have college in the morning and I will just be too tired. I will find out the results tomorrow.

How is inglorious in best original screenplay? Wasn't it based on a 1978 movie?

I guess I better watch these bad boys. I hate these fucking awards shows...what pretentious shit-sucking. Hopefully, Tarantino wins dick and gives his money to all of the people he has plagiarized to become such an "original and groundbreaking" filmmaker.

I guess I better watch these bad boys. I hate these fucking awards shows...what pretentious shit-sucking. Hopefully, Tarantino wins dick and gives his money to all of the people he has plagiarized to become such an "original and groundbreaking" filmmaker.

:worship:

Jeff Bridges wins or I riot. I agree with X that either The Hurt Locker of District 9 needs to win Best Picture.

Or Up, one of those three I'd be happy with.

Up was very very good and I loved it and would love to see it win but I don't think it really stands a chance. However, I almost guarantee Up wins best animated movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back