General SummerSlam Discussion

Judging by the card so far and judging on past events SummerSlam looks worse this year than previous. I can't even remember anything from it other than Triple H's return. Wasn't that also King Booker's last match in WWE?

Triple H, bless his noble heart, cannot carry a guy like Khali through an entire match. Nobody can, not even Hogan at his juiciest. Just like the smallest guy in WWE, Hornswoggle, Khali has no business being in any title picture. Keep them as comic relief and monster heels to give jobbers a *ahem* job. Anyway, not even the Big Show, who is one of those guys who can work with almost anyone and make them look good, failed to do it at Backlash. No way in Stamford, CT is Hunter gonna be able to. And you know that if Khali does win, I'm changing the channel. Or deleting the file from my computer. Maybe.

Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy sounds like another "meh" match. Mark Henry has this incredibly slow pace to his work that just becomes boring after a while. I don't think Matt Hardy will win this one, but he may win at a later point. This will probably be where I pause to bake my pizza.

Cena vs. Batista. Oh boy. The only way this could be good is if Batista turns heel. I really don't care, but I'm glad we don't get another JBL vs. Cena clusterfest.

Edge vs. Undertaker is the only one I'm REALLY psyched about as of press time. Edge and Undertaker have worked some of the years' best matches, and Hell in a Cell is always good. Especially when you got the Undertaker in it. Undertaker is gonna crush Edge.

Summer Slam is going to be the worst of the major ppv i hope because if another ppv is worse i will demand a refund if i even buy it

A Friggin Men Brother....this pay per view is suppose to be a highlight of the year beside Wrestlemania however its shaping up to be more jagged than Vicki's...nvm.

ANYWAY come on please:

HHH vs Kahli...they say he is the ring general of all generals...good luck
HHH Kahli wrestles as good as Adamle GMs

Henry vs Hardy....come on its obvious the winner as above match

Cena vs Batista...captain 6 moves vs 9th unenertaining
wrestler of the word....yeah this match will blow

Edge vs Taker....better be the main event cause this match will be off the
hook and again for 4th time carry the PPV

Well besides the matches we already know. I am pretty sure that MVP vs Jeff Hardy will be added to the card as they heated up there feud on SD! on Friday and this match is probably SummerSlam quality. They have teased the Big Show vs Umaga now whether they build feud further or add it to the card as well would basically bring us up to the total match limit of 7 after we will probably get the World Title match announced on Raw this week. As there is no women's match on the card yet as well and we know one is not needed but i would be shocked if it left out.

Confirmed:
HHH vs Khali (WWE Title)
Henry vs M. Hardy (ECW)
Undertaker vs Edge (HIAC)
Cena vs Batista (Will this match stay)

Teased:
Jeff Hardy vs MVP
Umaga vs Show
Punk will either face Jericho or JBL, If its JBL where does that leave Jericho as i think they will have HBK sell the injury a little longer.

This PPV will most likely be one of the worst if not the worst PPV of the year. I feel this PPV should have had better matches as it is supposed to be the biggest party of the summer, right?

Anyways, here's my predictions for the matches already made and my predictions for the other added matches:

Matches already made:

Hell In A Cell Match: Undertaker vs Edge

This will easily steal the show this year. Almost positive it will be the main event for the PPV. I see Undertaker winning this because of the stipulations on this match. Vickie reinstating him as a wrestler to punish Edge and it's Undertaker's signature match.

WWE Title Match: Triple H vs The Great Khali

This match will be crap. This is obviously a main event jobber match for HHH. This should not have been the Summerslam SD! Main Event. I feel it should have been Jeff Hardy facing HHH instead of Khali.

ECW Title Match: Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy

This match will be alright. Another battle of David vs Goliath. I think that Hardy will put up a good fight in the match but Henry will give him the World's Strongest Slam out of nowhere for the win.

First Time Ever Match: John Cena vs Batista

This match will be decent as far as Batista or Cena's matches go. Obviously this will be a battle of strength. I see Batista dominating a good majority of the match but, in the end John Cena will get the victory via FU.

Matches I think will be added to the card:

World Title Match: CM Punk va JBL

I hope this isn't the World Heavyweight Title Match because we have already seen this match on RAW and CM Punk won. CM Punk will win this encounter too. I could really see this happening because of the way the matches have fallen together so far. If we're lucky we might see Kane and/or Jericho thrown into this situation. No matter what though, I see CM Punk winning to put him over as a legitimate champion.

Jeff Hardy vs MVP

They have been teasing a feud between these two for the past few weeks on SD! This match is worthy of being on this card. I actually hope they put this match on the card to build up the younger talent by gaving them face eachother. Jeff Hardy will probably come up with the win in the end.

Big Show vs Umaga

This match will probably be on the card because they had this match up listed on some house shows for SD! They have also had them had Umaga attack Big Show during the Six-Man No. 1 Contender Battle Royal. Anyways, if thsi match makes it, I think it will end in some vicious, violent way.

U.S. Title Match: Shelton Benjamin vs Mr. Kennedy

I think this match will be on the card because Mr. Kennedy got a win over Benjamin on this week's SD! I wouldn't be upset if this match got on the card because they put on a pretty damn good match with eachother. I think the proper ending to this match would be Benjamin getting the upset win after a roll up.

This PPV will probably be pretty crappy so, I wouldn't order this PPV, just get the play by play from the live coverage.

After tonight's Saturday Night's Main Event I'm even more convinced that we won't be seeing a World Heavyweight Championship match. J.B.L. was the only wrestler of interest who even took notice to C.M. Punk sitting at the announce table, and while he won, I just can't see J.B.L. in a single's match against Punk.

It was given away on Raw and it sucked, majorly. I doubt many people are going to care for seeing it happen again, and this time have to fork over half a hundred bucks to witness it.

Sure, people will pay for this event to see Taker/Edge - HIAC, or Cena/Batista. But the fact is, I want a decent undercard too.. and Punk/J.B.L. isn't it. Give me the midcard titles, because Smackdown has a shit-load of feuds that are working and grabbing way more of my interest than whether or not Punk is gonna fluke fall into another victory.

At any rate.. as I was saying. I'm convinced Punk WILL NOT defend his Championship. Instead, I'm believing that Mike Adamle will announce that the winner of John Cena v. Batista will challenge Punk at Unforgiven, and Punk will get the honor of deciding who.. because Punk will likely be entered into the Cena/Batista match, as the Special Referee!

At any rate.. as I was saying. I'm convinced Punk WILL NOT defend his Championship. Instead, I'm believing that Mike Adamle will announce that the winner of John Cena v. Batista will challenge Punk at Unforgiven, and Punk will get the honor of deciding who.. because Punk will likely be entered into the Cena/Batista match, as the Special Referee!

Well Mr. Will I tend to disagree with you on that Punk will be the special guest ref between Cena and Batista. I just cant see the 2nd biggest PPV of the year not having a World Heavyweight Championship match from the RAW side of things. Granted I am with you on not wanting to see JBL vs Punk again, but I just see it happening. Again it makes Punk look weak as again he will be in a upper midcard match for the championship. Will be crap yes, but least Punk might get a pin fall victory in a title match.

Another thing is I can not really remember a time when both the WWE and the World Heavyweight Championships will be upper mid card matches as either Taker/Edge or Cena/Batista will headline Summerslam. When there is such an emphasis on being a champion and yet this time neither will headline a PPV. Just a bit amazing to me.

Interesting thought, Will. I'd much rather have that than to have what seems like the inevitable Punk/JBL match.

However, I think the WWE is just going to do exactly that...Punk/JBL....and their reasoning will be "hey, we're giving them Cena/Batista and Edge/Taker HIAC....they shouldn't care about our shitty HHH/Khali match and our shitty Punk/JBL match."

Which is a shame. So I'm hoping that they don't bother with it. I'd rather see it replaced with HBK/Jericho, Hardy/MVP, Show/Umaga, Shelton/Kennedy, Bourne/Anyone, etc.

SummerSlam (or should it be called SummerLame?)...

Batista/Cena: Who cares...Batista is the same typical WWE big guy gimmick, Cena is an insult to veterans with his lame street marine gimmick...

HHH/Khali: Next

Hardy/Henry: Hmmm...Hayes's apology to racism VS. Hayes's favorite mid carder...with WWE trying for a PG rating/trying to target more kids, Hardy may take the title here...

Taker/Edge HIAC: Should easily be the show stealer! Not worth shilling out 50 bucks for just this match alone though...

To save SummerSlam:

CM Punk/Kane: Kane's storyline is taking too long to build...it needs seriously kickstarted back in high gear Monday...you could even play off the short-lived pairing these 2 had in ECW when Kane was champ with Punk going against Morrison/Miz

Cryme Tyme/Simply Priceless: could be used to really solidify Rhodes/DiBiase as good heels...only problem: besides Cryme Tyme who could feud with them?

Kennedy/Benjamin: This match could easily open the show and have potential to wow fans...if given the time...(probably won't happen)

Mickie & Kingston/Burchills (Intergender match, both titles on the line)...I like the pairing of Burchill and Katie Lea...so long as Vinny Mac doesn't go through with the incest crap...and the time is now to get those 2 a couple of titles...(especially with Candice due back soon...while I'd rather see a Mickie/Candice match you need a heel to feud with Candice...and with Beth Phoenix with Santino it's not going to be her...)

I was going to buy tickets for Unforgiven live....but if this is what they're offering for SummerSlam I think I'll use my cash on other things...

Confirmed

HHH/Khali - Boring match, HHH will obviously win, and khali will be used sparingly as a big man

Edge/Taker - Great match, Taker will win, will hopefully end the feud. After this feud edge needs to move to Raw and feud with CM Punk, because he wont get anywhere near the smackdown title once Taker and HHH begin to rule Smackdown.

Cena/Batista - I dont care much for this, but i am interested in seeing who wwe will push over the other one. My guess is that Cena will win with something shit like a roll-up, with a batista heel turn afterwards. I see JBL being made referee, as i dont see him being put in a title match, and he shouldnt have a singles match against Kane.

Hardy/Henry - Hardy will win via DQ again, pushes the feud on till Unforgiven, Hardy wins title there.

My Predictions

CM Punk/Jericho - Have Micheals interfere, either end with a DQ or have him superkick jericho while the referee is down. With such messyness in the raw title scene at the moment they should use the title match to further the best feud that raw has going for it. After Micheals deals with Jericho, Kane comes down, beats on Punk, reveals whats in the bag (Mask maybe), and that is 2 unfogiven matches set.

Rhodes and DiBiase/Cryme Tyme - Rhodes and DiBiase keep titles, due to interference from JBL.

Jeff Hardy/MVP/Shelton Benjamin/Mr Kennedy - Have hardy win US title, go into feud with MVP.

Michelle McCool/Natalya - Hopefully Natalya wins, goes onto feud with Victoria

The whole build up to Summerslam has been quite disappointing really, with no clear direction where the card is going. It doesnt feel like WWE are doing it to be suspenseful, it feels like they are doing it because they havent got a clue at the moment. In my opinion they should use Summerslam to set up a great Unforgiven card, so then in retrospect Summerslam wont be a huge waste of time

Summer slam looks good with 2 world titles in the line up with matt hardy hopefully beating mark henry for the title and triple H hoping to put on a great match wit kahli.. John cena and batista will deffinetly put on a great match but I won't be suprised with interfience is big on this one.. Edge and undertaker in the hell in the cell is going to be amazing.. These two have never put down and will deffinetly excite and make people talk... I don't like how a match for CM Punk hasn't been announced yet and the tag titles on raw should be deffended.. Both womens title might be added and maybe the ic and us title but only one can hope... I am deffinetly lookin foward to it that's for sure

like alot of people on this thread im been disappointed by most of the matches they have as their is only one match that has got me excited about summerslam and that of course is the HITC as undertakers and edge's has been going on for a long time now and every time they have faced each other the match has been good as the very least. but still I have a little problem with it as they have just reffered to undertaker and not had flashing lights and lightening to scare edge even more. but but still last week with the cutting edge sequence was still very good with edge putting mick foley through a table showing that he is desperate to get an upper hand.

the wwe title is almost not even worth mentioning as they have the Great Khali vs HHH. their is 2 weeks left to summerslam and all we have had is a stare down and a video package (bear in mind HHH has just had a baby so he has not been able to do much).

ecw title is the slittly good as they have had more time for build up and every one wants hardy to take the divas title away from henry as he's had his time.

JBL and CM Punk: noth said.

john cena vs batista. i have to say this is just not right for me as they have had half a brawl, tag team match with tension and given the world tag team titles to these two (sound familiar). what they should have done is have put them in a four/five way match for the no 1 contender for the world title and have one of them cost the other (e.g. cena cost batista and have batista the next night on RAW swear revenge).

the "winners takes all tag team match" is good as they have had the build up with Pheonix and santino.

and its obvious that with HBK announcement is going to face Y2J in a unsactioned match. or they are gunna have HBK announce his retirement and for survivor series they will have their final match in the fued.

predictions:
HITC: Undertaker beats Edge.
wwe title: HHH beats Khali.
world title: Punk beats JBL. (they gotta to have punk get a win at a PPV before taking the time from him)
ecw title: Hardy beats Henry. (by DQ to continue the fued)
Cena beats Batista.
Pheonix & Marella beats James & Kingston.

Hmm, interesting. Ten days out, and clearly the second biggest pay per view of the year isn't going to be built around any of the title matches. It doesn't surprise me though, Summerslam has never truly been about world titles, it's always had more of a focus on mid card guys and titles or settling feuds that didn't involve gold.

On the surface, looks like a decent card. The two world title matches won't be anything to write home about, in fact, they look to be the two worst matches on the card. But that's besides the point, use this pay per view to get exposure for your new talent coming up.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more matches added. I would say we're either going to get MVP vs. Jeff Hardy, which we already saw a few months back, but personally I would like to see those two plus Kennedy and Benjamin in a four way for the US title. That's a strong opportunity to showcase the guys that are knocking on the door of moving up to main event status.

We'll probably have a Jericho vs. HBK confrontation, but to be honest, this thing is kinda dragging out a little to long. I became bored with this angle a few weeks ago, either shit or get off the pot with this one.

The potential of a Big Show vs. Umaga match interest me greatly. These two have had their run ins as of late. Show has been much better in his recent run with the WWE, and Umaga is simply fantastic to watch. He is truly a gem in the WWE.

As far as the two main event matches go, people wonder why we worry about Cena vs. Batista being used for Summerslam instead of Wrestlemania. I've watched the business for a long time, I want something new and refreshing for Mania. I have a problem with this match because it has big money written all over it, and using it at Summerslam with less then two weeks of build is a throw away match. I simply feel that for my entertainment value, a two month build leading to Wrestlemania is far more enjoyable then a quick blow off match at Summerslam to garner cheap buys.

The Undertaker vs. Edge. Well these two have put on the two best matches of the year thus far, the Main Event at Mania and the TLC match at ONS. So why is this match going to be any different. With the help of Mick Foley, Edge's character has done a complete 180 and this match now goes from a can't miss to possibly most anticipated match of the year. With these two, it shouldn't be a let down.

dunno if this is got out to do with summerslam but i think it has so i will post it

randy orton was on sky sports news earleir tonight and he has bin cleared to wrestle and he kept on dropping hints about possibly being there and interfering and how he aint missed a summerslam in five years and hoefully that wont change

randy orton was on sky sports news earleir tonight and he has bin cleared to wrestle and he kept on dropping hints about possibly being there and interfering and how he aint missed a summerslam in five years and hoefully that wont change

Orton at SummerSlam would help save a lackluster PPV...especially if he came back wanting the WHC/WWE title back...I would hope they'd move him to SD! and have him feud with HHH (since HHH injured him)...but who knows...he might target Punk to be the top dog on RAW again...

Strangly enough, I am really looking forward to SummerSlam. Crucify me if you will, but I actually want to see Cena V Batista; even if its to get it out of the way so it will never happen again.

HIAC has the potential to be awesome. I'm hoping we'll see the two end up on-top of the cell at some point and Edge doing a crazy bump and not a crap Rikishi'esque one. More like Foley killing himself.

This summerslams line up is freighteningly bad, The HITC is obviously the draw point of the pay per view and I also am ashamed to say Im looking foward to Cena/Batista
(just based on the fact that I wanna see who WWE lets win). Of course Santino and Beth will be good too. I just cant believe that HHH is fighting Kahli thats just a disaster waiting to happen, I can see it now, Both of there knees blowing out simultaneously. Matt Hardy vs Henry shouldnt even be a match, let alone at summerslame,

But as the blind wrestling fan I am, I'm still going to buy the PPV to see the HITC

So Summerslam is 3 days away and 7 matches have been announced plus HBK's segment. This could be the final card, but does anyone else feel that Finlay vs. Mike Knox should be added? I mean it has some pretty good build up and it could be a pretty brutal match. It seems like the only matches that will have a longer time are Cena/Batista, HIAC, and possiblu Punk/JBL. Finlay/Know would be a good match for the undercard.

Well, everyone knows HHH is beating Khali.

CM Punk will finally get that match to establish his career by beating JBL.

I can see Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry being a long fued. If it is, Matt Hardy will win the title eventually. If this is a one time match - which I doubt, and for the sake of ECW, please keep the fued going - then Hardy will win this match.

Kofi and Mickie James retain against Santino and Beth. I'm kinda mad that they didn't add Paul Burchill and Katie Lea into that mix. That would create a very interesting match.

I wanted another Jericho vs. HBK match. With Jericho getting another win to establish him. I don't like that Jericho is off of the Summerslam card. At least put that Raw match between him and Kane on the card and even make it a #1 contenders match. That way this match could be thrown together really fast but had a purpose for it.

I'm really blown that they don't have the Raw Tag Titles. Give DiBiase/Rhodes vs. Cryme Tyme in a match that no matter what the outcome is, it will make them both noticeable tag teams, which the WWE lacks right now. Not everyone who isn't a true WWE fan knows these two tag teams because they're not on Raw every week. But Summerslam is the perfect time to re-establish that tag team division.

Sheldon Benjamin off the card is stupid. Could have gave his US Title some more credit. The injury to Kennedy is probably the reason why he's not fighting. That's cool. As long as they keep the belt on him for awhile then Smackdown is good.

Now back to more match predictions. Just had to vent on the miscues of the WWE. But unlike the average wrestling fan, I appreciate the PPV for what it is.

I'm actually not sure about the M.V.P. vs. Jeff Hardy match. Which is why I'm loving this match. Anyone could go over. I tell you one thing. Whoever wins in this match this Sunday will lose at the next PPV, Unforgiven. I'll give the nod to M.V.P. Only because he has worked hard and proven he's worth pushing. I love Jeff Hardy but he's messed up enough. He's still going to get his chance. But not against M.V.P.

Cena vs. Batista. The more it gets closer, the more I see Batista winning this match. I actually wouldn't mind Batista winning. And I love Cena. Cena has lost the last two PPVs. Actually, the last four dating back to Wrestlemania and Backlash. Cena has been on a downfall. But because he's John Cena, he can lose some of these matches and still look strong. I don't know where they going with this but thats whats going to make this match interesting. I'm rooting for Cena. But as long as they're is a clean finish, which I always love, then I'm fine with the outcome.

Edge vs. The Undertaker - Hell In A Cell. My two current favorite wrestlers, along with HBK, fighting in what I already call, the greatest fued and match of 2008. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/46805-edge-vs-the-undertaker-feud-of-the-year. Don't know if I can add a link but if not thats fine. As much as I admire Undertaker since his debut, Edge is my favorite wrestler and I really want him to win this match. He deserves this match like no other. It will also help elevate him into an established heel. What I mean by that is that it will declare him hands down, the greatest superstar in professional wrestling. This how big this match is for Edge. He's the greatest heel since HHH was back in Evolution. He's actually better than what HHH was. And what makes Edge's heel run so successful and something I admire myself is that he doesn't have any pull in the back. He isn't marry to the boss daughter or have legendary status like The Undertaker. But he established himself by running with the ball. Marrying Vickie Guerrero and having his own stable. Edge is the man and I really feel this is his biggest match of his whole singles career. If Taker wins, I wouldn't mind either but I'll still be a little disappointed because Taker has done accomplished everything he could possibly accomplished. So I'm praying for an Edge win. And you know what, I see Edge actually pulling it off. Not without taking the hugest spot of the PPV.

So there's my predictions. And I see Summerslam as a B+ or even an A PPV. Thank you. Simple JT gone.

Ok.. About a day shy of the event in question so my picks are:

CM Punk Vs. JBL - Could be an okay match, I wouldn't mind it if JBL won, but i dont reckon Punk'll drop the title just quite yet. I can't really see the point in giving JBL the title at the moment. Personally I wouldve rather had seen Jericho Vs. Punk, with Jericho going over but i guess thats not happening just quite yet. I think People are truly underestimating Punk as a worth WHC. In my opinion, so far he has lived up to all my expectation as to what a WHC should be, his match against Batista at the Bash truly suprised me, it was really quite awesome. and I am not a batista fan. However i am a JBL fan so i hope this match can be just as entertaining.

Batista Vs. John Cena - Either way i dont really care about the outcome of this match. It may me good, it may not. I hope Cena wins because i really dont like Batista.

Santino & Beth Vs. Kofi & Mickie - Kingston & Mickie James will win, although id much rather see Santino win.. It wont happen.

Khali Vs. Triple H - HHH over Khali... However if i was wrong it wouldnt suprise me.. Especially since Khali's Knees are almost finnished, and Steph has just had anothe child... Hunter might take sum time off to see his new baby... Either way

Matt Hardy Vs. Mark Henry -Hope Hardy wins, but something tells me this will be dragged out to at least unforgiven. So ill choose Henry.

Jeff Hardy Vs. MVP - MVP needs a win to jumpstart his career again, but i dont think he'll get it here. He's just another run on Jeff's WWE title ladder. Jeff to win in a great match

Edge Vs. Undertaker - I want Edge to win sooooooo Badly (largely because besides jeff hardy he is my faveorite wrestler).. But i dont reckon he will. Especially considering its the deadmans like, 3000th return. So ill go with Taker winning in a bloodbath.. Hopefully we see someting of the top?? Anything?? Just escape the cell please!!!! I think if edge were to win it would cement him as one of the greatest ever, if he hasnt already done that. Personally i like the touch of it not being a WHC match...

So theres my predictions on this pretty mediocre card.

Its stupid that Shelton Benjamin, THE BRIAN KENDRICK, Jericho and cade are not somewhere on the card. Same can be said for either of the tag team champions.. its a real shame.. I can't wait to see Kendrick vs. Benjamin for the US title...

The Next US Champ is The Brian Kendrick!!!!

FINAL SUMMERSLAM PREDICTIONS

Let's get to it.

WWE Championship: HHH vs The Great Khali
--No question about it. This will be a bore. Khali hits his usual elbows in the corner, his chop, and so forth. HHH punches most of the time, hits that ridiculous looking knee to the face spot, and pedigrees Khali at the end. I bet half of what I had on the VBookie thing on HHH winning this because there is absolutely zero chance that Khali walks out the champ and a slim chance that HHH loses by disqualification, as he'd want himself to go over clean.

World Heavyweight Championship: CM Punk vs JBL
--Don't care! Nobody else does either. I would loooooove it if everyone in the arena just simultaneously got up and went to the bathroom or started chanting "this is boring" or "we want refunds" or something during this. JBL is NOT someone you should use in title matches unless its a 6 man match or something. And when you have him against someone who is being booked as an incapable loser, how can we really get behind it and excited about it? Clearly Punk wins with the GTS and they start hamming it up, saying he's "finally proven" that he's not a transitional champ. Then when the WWE gets a clear direction, they'll take the title from him. My guess is, Unforgiven, Punk defeats Kane as they prime up Kane to be fed to Mysterio in a terrible feud.

Hell in a Cell: Undertaker vs Edge
--Here's the whole reason to buy the ppv. This match has had such a great build and the two participants are two of the very best the WWE has to offer, in one of the most entertaining gimmick matches out there. This should, for all intents and purposes, be match of the year quality. Ironically, their encounter at WrestleMania as well as the TLC are both that could be considered in that category, but this has potential to top it. I really, really hope that they bang on all cylinders and let them cut loose. I also really hope that Undertaker wins in the end, but in a way that he BARELY defeats Edge. This is a golden opportunity for Edge to just lose by a hair and come out looking like the most dominant guy in the WWE for years to come. This could do for Edge what the match did for Foley. I'm not expecting a huge spot, but I'd surely appreciate one. Question is...what can they do to top Foley's jump? You can't risk Edge spearing Taker off the top. That's far too risky. Chokeslam off the top? Idk, but I'm looking forward to a great match between these two.

1st Time Ever: John Cena vs Batista
--I don't like Batista at all. I don't think Cena is good enough in the ring to be able to carry someone as bad as Batista. I don't think this will be a good match. However, I'll submit and say that this does have potential to be some little kid's favorite match, similar to Hogan/Warrior, just because the two are very popular and little kids don't care as much about technicalities and such. Will I enjoy it? Probably not. Will the majority? They'll eat it up. I hope that Cena wins, but it could go either way, with the potential option that Orton shows up and causes a no-contest ending.

Jeff Hardy vs MVP
--I really hope that they don't screw this up, but that's up to Jeff and MVP. If the two of them do as good of a job as they're capable of, we'll be treated to a very good match that will showcase their future main event spots. But I have a feeling that we'll be let down on this one. I don't know. Something just has me wondering. Maybe its the fact that we've seen two amazing Hardy/Benjamin matches in the past two episodes of Smackdown, and MVP isn't as talented in the ring as Benjamin so it could break the trend? Whatever it is, I think Jeff is going over here, as he was cheated out of the two previous wins.

ECW Championship: Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy
--Mark Henry retains, but Hardy puts up a "good fight", challenges at Unforgiven, wins it then, and I start snoozing on ECW again as I don't find Matt to be a worthwhile champion, even if its only the ECW title. Mark's been improving. Sad to see him get booked to lose to someone who couldn't even run with the US title successfully.

HBK Announcement
--I think the whole reason for this is to just drag out the final Jericho/HBK match to Unforgiven. He'll come out, say he's been cleared to wrestle, then Jericho will come out, the two will brawl, and HBK will stand tall. Then at Unforgiven, they book the two in a gimmick match that HBK comes out victorious in. Jericho moves on to feud with Punk.

Winners Take All: Kofi Kingston & Mickie James vs Santino Marella & Beth Phoenix
--I really hope that we don't get new champions. Neither of the challengers should be able to pin Kofi, as that would make him look terrible. Santino pinning Mickie continues making him look bad as well. But this is the WWE we're talking about. So I'm positive that at the very least, we'll see Santino boast about something and get beaten down by Mickie, making him look like he's totally inept. Then we'll have to immediately suspend the disbelief when Mickie tags Kofi in and Santino gets a little bit of offense, because apparently Mickie is more of a threat than Kofi. I still see the champs retaining, though, but you never know...these are the same people that booked Hornswoggle getting pins over everyone.

Am I the only one whos disappionted that Kane doesnt look like he will be apart of SS even though he currently has the best storyline on raw?!

I know there is speculation he will get involed in the hiac match but i dont see why he has nothing to do with smackdown now

This is going to be bad. Isn't this supposed to be the second or third biggest PPV of the year? And yet you have Cena and Batista. They're bad enough fighting when they're against someone else. But together? At least with someone else I can get through a Cena match without falling asleep. And at least when Batista has a different opponent I can rely on them not to botch everything or have an awful match. But together is going to be torture for me. I hate them both. I think they, along with Khali are the only wrestlers I dislike. And all 3 of them are wrestling big matches.

Speaking of Khali; he isn't good enough to be in the ring with Triple H. Ouch. Maybe HHH can carry him to a good match? His first good match since entering the WWE? We shall see.

The rest of the card should be good, if Hardys match goes ahead I'm excited for that. I'll be gutted if he's actually injured and can't wrestle.

Cm Punk and JBL will also be good. I'm really excited about it.

So there you have it. Summerslam where I'm more excited about the 'lesser' matches. I'm sure the main attraction is Cena and Batista, but it's the main one putting me off the PPV. I just don't think I'll be able to sit through it. Of course I will, but meh. Earlier I said the PPV would be bad. I take that back. It will be okay, if this match is short.

This anything really stand out of this card apart from the Hell In A Cell?I mean Vince wants to bring back in those old fans from the 1990's era right?So what if they actully looked at this card?Would they even know any names?If they looked at the hell in a cell it would be(for them) a tag team mid-carder with a soon to be retired dead Man.

I hope Hardy actully wrestles.His and MVP's banter on SD! have been top of the line stuff.As is the Henry/Hardy aswell strangely.Henry has really showed that he wasn't going to be the sloth we thought he was.The hell in the cell should be the highlight of the night.I love how this storyline has been-Edge screwing Taker,Dodging him for months then finally he loses.But then Edge gets back on top.And now we finish it with no title-just pure hatred.

So should be average at least.

And Santino 4 Womens Champ.

No way does he (HBK) come out for just a retirement announcement, Vince could use that to bolster the shaky Raw rating. There will be some sort of physical altercation between Michaels, Jericho and possibly Cade tonight. I think Michaels challenges Jerich to an impromptu match tonight, or so I hope because this card is weak aside from HIAC.

JBL v Punk will be ok only because Punk is so over with the crowd and if Orton does his run in with DiBiase and Rhodes to form his new faction as it has been rumored, then maybe it gets a little better, but what potential this thing has to be an absolute bust given that it is one of the top tier ppv's the company has.

and if Orton does his run in with DiBiase and Rhodes to form his new faction as it has been rumoredQUOTE]

But wasn't Orton just re-injured in a motorcycle accident and hasn't the reports been that he would be out longer?? But like I said in another thread is it would be a swerve if the WWE made the whole story up(i dont no if any "real" media picked up on this story or if their were pictures/eye witness'). Maybe the WWE "faked" the Orton accident and is using it to surprise on the IWC? The WWE is that smart, so probably not.

Also Hardy is still scheduled for his match with MVP, but I thought he broke his neck? Maybe they will have Hardy come out and adress all his fans, which would be a nice send of for Hardy, since if he did break his neck he maybe out for a long time(gregory helms).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back