General No Way Out 2008 Discussion

well i think it will be a smackdown ppv aswel. because i think mr. kennedy is gonna win the rumble because he was gonna be headlining wrestle mania with the MINB case and jef wins the money in the bank then using on that night to make a triple threat match.

but in the chamber is a toughy to decide because yes batista will be in there. same as taker and mysterio. but who else could be in there................................................................................................. oh yea thats right they have m.v.p and finlay along with kane so that has the be the chamber. but it is obvious who is gonna win this match and who will vs edge at mania. yes it will be taker and he will win making him the new world heavyweight champ and keeping is streak

(god i hate taker and kennedy. i hope that doesnt' happen but i think it will)

I agree it will be Smackdwn as they will want Taker to win it and then go onto to face Edge at WM. Joining him will likely be Morrison, Rey, Finlay, MVP and MHardy

If by odd chance they have Taker take the Rumble then it will be for Raw

HBK, HHH, JHardy, Kennedy, Lashley and maybe Snitsky

Either situation would work If Raw I see Lashley winning sadly and setting the HHH heel turn on HBK

well i think it will be a smackdown ppv aswel. because i think mr. kennedy is gonna win the rumble because he was gonna be headlining wrestle mania with the MINB case and jef wins the money in the bank then using on that night to make a triple threat match.

Um...Kennedy already used his Money in the Bank opportunity. Sorta. When he got injured he lost it to Edge. Edge then used it against Undertaker on Smackdown when Taker was injured, then Edge became injured and all hell broke loose.

EDIT: Sorry, just reread the original post and saw "he was gonna be headlining". My bad.

I think that it will be a Smackdown/ECW Chamber because Smackdown has won the Royal Rumble the last few years and it wouldn't make as much sense for them to win again. I don't think that CM Punk will be in it becuase the winner can challenge for the other world title which wouldn't make as much sense if he is already a champion. That goes for whoever is the ECW Champion by then. So I think that it will probably be:

Undertaker (WINNER!)
Rey Mysterio
Batista
Big Daddy V
John Morrison
The Miz

If it is a Raw Chamber I think that it wil be:

Chris Jericho (WINNER!)
Umaga
Ric Flair
Bobby Lashley
Shawn Michaels
Triple H

This will be where Triple H will turn heel on Shawn Michaels.

What if NO ONE won the chamber match?! That's right....EVERYONE gets eliminated. Thus, the entire thing would culminate in a rematch chamber match at Mania 24: the first outdoor Elimination Chamber Match EVER. Then the winner would face the champ of his brand that night. WOAH WOAH WOAH!

Then....everyone would get eliminated AGAIN! The result would be a 7-man match for the respective title...again making Mania history.

This is probably a REALLY crappy storyline, but it would make a lot of Mania history. Vince is all about making Mania history.

And you can be sure that this was a lot of fun to type up.

I personally think Flair will win the Rumble. (It's at MSG for god's sakes.)

But if Flair ends up in the EC match, I can see Triple H making the heel turn by turning on Flair and/or HBK in the match, but wouldn't be able to get the pin over Flair. This sets up for the HBK/HHH match at Mania, as well as Flair facing Orton for the belt with Triple H in Orton's corner. HBK or Batista could be in Flair's corner for the match.

An Orton-HHH alliance would allow for the two of them to feud with Jericho and Michaels/Cena after Mania.

karazmatic that wont happen about jhardy hell no he would be knackered and hurt and tired so he wouldnt use it then, a perfect opporunity is when the champ is tired maybe after the match between the champ and challenger. HHH will turn heel on hbk.

What if NO ONE won the chamber match?! That's right....EVERYONE gets eliminated. Thus, the entire thing would culminate in a rematch chamber match at Mania 24: the first outdoor Elimination Chamber Match EVER. Then the winner would face the champ of his brand that night. WOAH WOAH WOAH!

Then....everyone would get eliminated AGAIN! The result would be a 7-man match for the respective title...again making Mania history.

And you can be sure that this was a lot of fun to type up.

Woahh, i knew you like gimmick matches but spotfest main event?!?!

While that is an interesting idea, how could they pull it off? And wouldn't they just make the last two men part of the main event?

They would probably never do that which is good because a seven man main event at Wrestlemania would be horrible.

I'm still sticking to the idea that Undertaker wins this match last eliminating Kane or Batista. I just see this happening. Unless they make Taker win the Rumble again. Honestly it is a great idea and I hope they make the match good with people with talent and not put a bunch of monsters in the match to make it look unstoppable. Khali, Henry, Big Daddy V, and all those other big men should stay away from this match. Just to make it better.

I'm still sticking to the idea that Undertaker wins this match last eliminating Kane or Batista. I just see this happening. Unless they make Taker win the Rumble again. Honestly it is a great idea and I hope they make the match good with people with talent and not put a bunch of monsters in the match to make it look unstoppable. Khali, Henry, Big Daddy V, and all those other big men should stay away from this match. Just to make it better.

I'm definitely hoping that the "monsters" stay out of this as well, but sadly, Vince will most likely want them in there. Look at how much of a boner he has for Snitsky, lol. The best 6 people to put in the match from Smackdown/ECW, though not the most likely, in my opinion would be: Undertaker, Batista, Kane, Mysterio, John Morrison, and either MVP/Shelton Benjamin/Finlay....but that's not going to happen. We'll end up getting Khali and Mark Henry or Big Daddy V in place of a Morrison or something :(

I'm definitely hoping that the "monsters" stay out of this as well, but sadly, Vince will most likely want them in there. Look at how much of a boner he has for Snitsky, lol. The best 6 people to put in the match from Smackdown/ECW, though not the most likely, in my opinion would be: Undertaker, Batista, Kane, Mysterio, John Morrison, and either MVP/Shelton Benjamin/Finlay....but that's not going to happen. We'll end up getting Khali and Mark Henry or Big Daddy V in place of a Morrison or something :(

Exactly. They serve no purpose in the match. And it isn't like they are going to win. They are just going to be dominating and then eliminated by Kane and The Undertaker. SO why put them in the match? It will just make the match worse. Undertaker, Kane, Mysterio, MVP, Batista, and Finlay would make this a damn good match. Henry, V, and Khali would just hurt the match. Honestly, except for the Umaga/Triple H Street Fight at Cyber Sunday, the WWE has been lacking great gimmick matches. The Hell In A Cell match was good except for the fact that the Cell was used about once or twice through the whole thing.

I'm hoping this match turns out good. I think it will be Smackdown in the EC but Raw would definitely make the match better. Umaga, Jericho/Orton, Shawn, HHH, Bobby Lashley, Jeff Hardy/Mr.Kennedy would tear the house down IMO.

i think it will be like first ever smackdown elimination chamber with
1 batista
2 undertaker
3 kane
4 rey mysterio
5 finlay
6 the great khali

and edge being world champion

all will be eliminated, batista and undertaker remaining at last and there will be a draw between two and both will thus face edge at wrestlemania
we will see EDGE-THE RATED R SUPERSTAR retain the world heavyweight championship
edge-world-heavyweight-champion-wwe-smackdown-wallpaper-preview.jpg

RAW's Elimination Chamber
- Snitsky, Umaga, Shawn Michaels, Bobby Lashley, Jeff Hardy, and Triple H (Snitsky will be on a roll, then will end up being out first, Triple H or Michaels win, or they might be out if they fight one-on-one at WM24)

SMACKDOWN Elimination Chamber
- Kane, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Edge, and Khali
(Kane, as always, gets out early, because the WWE is stupid and makes him job to everyone, yet Mysterio can beat anyone, and Taker and Edge could win, if they dont fight at WM24

ECW Elimination Chamber
- John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, The Miz, Big Daddy V, Mark Henry, Kane
(Assuming the talent exchange goes on, expect the three big guys to be involved, with Kane going first, and Morrison picking up the win and the ECW title at WM24 - hopefully)

I personally reckon it'l b a Raw Elimination Chamber. I think smackdown main event at WM24 is gunna b Taker vs. Edge, wouldn't surprise me if Taker was in an won the rumble again this year. Theres no total obvious choice for the title match on raw though, could be any1 from a large group. I think we would end up with a much better match with a raw based elimtination chamber as wel 2 b honest - smackdown only has Edge, Taker an Batista who r gunna realisitcally challenge for the title in the near future. Kane is never gunna get another proper shot at it - he gets jobbed out to Mark Henry an Big Daddy V high jus takes the piss. Finaly is not top-line main event material yet. MVP has a fued lined up with Matt Hardy when he ruturns, an if Mysterio was gunna challenge for it then he would in and around it all now. Raw has HHH, HBK, Jericho, Orton, Lashley even Kennedy an Jeff Hardy. An Umaga if they start lettin him win sum matches again. Crhsit theres even Ric Flair - God knows how far his storyline's gunna run, title match at WM24??

exactly i think that smackdown couldn't do an elimination chamber plus it gives smackdown a bonus by having them win the rumble, Rey is challenging for the US title so i think that it could be maybe taker who wins again or even someone from raw goes to smackdown and wins or you know anyone could win and then just choose to challenge for the WHC so that opens up a lot of avenues i think it could be CM Punk who wins and possibly gets to challenge for the WHC i wouldnt want a guy to win and go for the ECW title plus its not even a world title anymore. AH CRAP BOBBY COULD WIN THE RUMBLE!

Reported by Brandon Lau on 12/04/2007

How this match will work is the other brand's Champion will have six stars from their brand in the Elimination Chamber match. The winner will then receive a World Title Shot at WrestleMania. It appears that match will be a SmackDown brand match.

Based on how things are shaping up, Batista will lose his title sometime soon. Edge will likely take the belt from Batista. As for the elimination match, it makes sense for The Undertaker to win the Elimination Chamber match and face Edge at WrestleMania 24.

Well, it seems like it will be a Smackdwon Chamber because plans are to have Batisa win the Rumble and face Triple H which is total bullshit.

First off, the bad thing about this is instead of putting most of the talented men in there, I have a feeling McMahon will put the monsters in the match, Henry, Khali etc. That will just make the match worse and less violent.

Another thing is it would really benefit some of the Raw Superstars more to be in it and plus would be better. Kennedy, and Hardy could both be put in here and get them ready for big matches and the main event scene. And the men on the roster would certainly be better for this match. Jericho, Triple H, Umaga, Shawn Michaels are all great and have proved to be great in gimmick matches and would be much better than Taker facing Khali, Henry, Kane and two other slowpokes.

In my opinion this is a bad idea and I am really hoping for the plans to change soon seeing as the Rumble is near.

I agree with everyone here. Smackdown can NOT put on a good gimmick match like that. They only have a few good people. Such as Edge, Taker, Batista, and to an extent Rey Mysterio. Since there are 3 WWE brands, why not have 2 superstars from each brand compete. I think that a tri-branded gimmick match would be good. Give the smackdown/ecw guys a change to beat up on raw guys. But we all know Vince doesn't really care about what his fans think. He puts out what HE himself likes. Look at the fugly Snitski for crying out loud! :dark2:

karazmatic that wont happen about jhardy hell no he would be knackered and hurt and tired so he wouldnt use it then, a perfect opporunity is when the champ is tired maybe after the match between the champ and challenger. HHH will turn heel on hbk.

are did you ever think to say that the money in the bank match is first and the main event would be last giving him a 2 and a half hours rest, plus he is hurt every day. do you read wwe magazine ( he has to where a right elbow pad because something in his arm could move and he has screws in his knees because his knee bones were moving.

any ways jeff is a idiot even i have to admit that and i'm the biggest jeff fan in australia. jeff will do something stupid it will probaly even be a ladder match. but i bet jeff will win the mitb and do something with it

Its going to be just 1 brand so... smackdown for me...... and Undertaker vs. Mysterio vs. MVP vs. Finlay vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry for the no.1 contenders spot coz they will be having a world title match so batista and edge wont be in their probably. my opinion is nwo will be edge vs. batista.

a good talking point would be...if the chamber goes to smackdown or smackdown/ecw, then who would edge face @ no way out hmm? i'm thinking a possible champion vs champion punk-edge match @ nwo

I see Flair winning the Rumble(If vince decides to put him this far in his little stipulation). If not flair, def. someone from raw, probably Jericho. UNdertaker will not win it, i promise.

For no way out, It will be a smackdown chamber.
Khali, Edge, Rey, Batista, Finlay, Kane

Undertaker will go in as champion, i see him winning at armageddon.

someone mentioned it wont be smackdown cause there will no one left for the champion to face, well if i remember correctly, last years no way out, the wwe and world heavyweight champion werre in a tag team match, and a very poor one at that, So im looking at a possible triple threat or a tag match
for the 3 way im saying Undertaker, Big Daddy V, Mark Henry. sounds lame but they put theese 2 guys over on EVERYONE so dont scratch the idea.

A tag match maybe could be replacing Kane with MVP and see undertaker and kane take on daddy v and Henry, wouildnt be too bad.

Wrestlemania should be good, I heard a possible austin and hogan match(Doubt it though)
Edge and Undertaker t WM obviously
and for raw im saying HHH will have the title and he will either go against y2j or Flair

I'd like to see a Raw chamber again bc those are usually pretty awesome. But i'd also like to see a SmackDown chamber bc they havn't had one yet. Either one would be good. I just hope they dont have another ECW chamber like the one at DTD.. man that was aweful.

I think Raw will win the Rumble(Someone like Lashly or Hardy or Trips or maybe Orton(if my prediction that he will lose the title is right if not then Jericho) will be the winner) I also think it is possible they may have Flair win the rumble(and move back to raw)

It does not matter if smackdown or ECW is the official brand getting the Eleimination chamber since there brands are combined. I also believe Undertaker or Edge will pick up the ttile against Batista.

My picks for the Elimination chamber are.

1.Batista
2.Taker/Edge(whichever one doesnt have the title)
3.John Morrison
4.Kane
5.CM Punk
6.Mysterio/Benjamin

Perhaps by Wrestlemania will feature the World Heavyweight Champion vs The ECW Champion in a unifaction title match.(It would work since the barnds rosters are being combined and they can fight for whatever title they want.) If that were to happen it could then lead to a Smackdown/ECW feud.

I was just thinking about this, and this may have been mentioned already I don't remember and really don't wanna read back, bbut what is the Elimination Chamber were interpromtional, kinda like the MITB matches, I think it would make things more interesting, Lets say Edge wins the Rumble, and Taker is the Champion, and Edge chooses to face him at WM, then the Elimination Chamber would be used to determine the number one contender for the WWE title at WM, and they could have quilifying matches on each show leading up to NWO, like they did the past two years for the MITB match, then you could get more big names in the Elimination Chamber, you could get something like HBK vs. MVP vs. Mysterio vs. Triple H vs. Batista vs. Jericho or something like that, just an idea/thought that popped into my head

^^^That would be a pretty good idea. The Elimination Chamber is only exciting if you get six big name people in there. When WCW had War Games and WWE has the chamber there is/was always someone like Hardcore Holly, Carlito, Chris Master, Stevie Ray, or any other number of people you know wouldn't win. This truly takes away from the match. The last Raw chamber, after Angle went out, you pretty much knew Cena was gonna retain.

This year they could potentially have Jeff Hardy vs HBK vs Undertaker vs Batista vs Triple H vs Jericho assuming Edge and Orton are champs, if not swap them in. That beats HBK vs Triple H vs Hardy vs Jericho vs Umaga vs Kennedy seeing as Kennedy or Umaga would not headline Mania and can be written off as fillers.

Lets see i predict that Batista will when the Rumble because he will drop the World Title to Edge at Armaggedon

But Batista will jump to Raw to face either Randy Orton or Triple H for the WWE Title, that would leave a Smackdown Brand Elimination Chamber, and since i believe that Triple H will defeat Orton at Royal Rumble, and will defeat Orton again in his rematch at No Way Out, i think the SD! Elimination Chamber will be

Undertaker vs Finlay vs Rey Mysterio vs Montel Vontavios Porter (MVP) vs Mark Henry vs Kane

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back