Elder Scrolls V Thread

Just had my first M'aiq the Liar sighting in Skyrim. Awesome.

M'aiq knows much, and tells some.

M'aiq does not understand what is so impressive about shouting. M'aiq can shout whenever he wants.

M'aiq knows many things, no?

I haven't found M'aiq yet, but I'll be sure to help him search endlessly for calipers when I do. lol

Level 90 smithing? No big deal, daedric armor is so pretty.
I just can't justify the cost in getting smithing up that high. It's the only skill (that I can think of at the moment) that costs you money to improve. I think I'm around 50 in smithing, just from making a bunch of leather bracers, but I'm all out of hides.

Oh I will agree with you.

I just wanted Deadric armor, I saw a guy on youtube with it and I was like.... Damn. So I've been keeping my deadra hearts, and after I wait 30 days I'm going to go out and hit all my mines and finish off at the Throat for my Ebony fix. If you actually mine it's not that bad, only about 5k for it all. But I've spent about 15k total.

I think I fell in love with Conjuring last night. That's my next area to work on.
I'm at a low level in Conjuring, so I'm hoping if I boost my level I'll see more practical purposes for it. I mainly focus on Destruction and Archery for my kills. Every once in a while I pull out the sword to finish foes, but not enough to really be considered good at it yet.

I'm at a low level in Conjuring, so I'm hoping if I boost my level I'll see more practical purposes for it. I mainly focus on Destruction and Archery for my kills. Every once in a while I pull out the sword to finish foes, but not enough to really be considered good at it yet.

Let's see, One handed I'm at a 78, Destruction around 50, Light armor about 38-40, Heavy armor 60, Restoration 45, Alchemy around 50ish, lockpicking in the 70's. Those are my main skills right now, I'll go back later and work on everything else at some point. Conjuring though looks to be a huge benefit with summoning familiars, but summoning dual swords is pretty sweet too.

Let's see, One handed I'm at a 78, Destruction around 50, Light armor about 38-40, Heavy armor 60, Restoration 45, Alchemy around 50ish, lockpicking in the 70's. Those are my main skills right now, I'll go back later and work on everything else at some point. Conjuring though looks to be a huge benefit with summoning familiars, but summoning dual swords is pretty sweet too.

I don't know all my stats offhand, but my Archery is 40, Destruction between 55-60, Sneak is around 75, Alchemy is around 50, Enchanting is about 50, Smithing about 40. I can't ever figure out how to improve Lockpicking, so it's only about 40. I guess I should just go get training in that, but oh well. Everything is sub-40, I believe, unless I'm forgetting something.

Improving Lockpicking is like anything else, it's a matter of repetition. The more difficult the lock, the more experience you get from unlocking it.

Improving Lockpicking is like anything else, it's a matter of repetition. The more difficult the lock, the more experience you get from unlocking it.

I guess I used poor wording. I understand how it goes up, I just can't ever get it higher. I pick every lock I can find but...just doesn't go up very fast.

I guess I used poor wording. I understand how it goes up, I just can't ever get it higher. I pick every lock I can find but...just doesn't go up very fast.

That's odd, mine jumped up pretty quickly especially with hitting up expert and adept level locks. Took a bit more time and more broken lockpicks then I care to count, but it worked.

I am contemplating creating a second character. This will basically just be my god character that I'll max out from the start with the help of the console and the addperk command among others.

Mostly for fun, I'll keep my legit character of course.

Sly have you tried going to the Dwemer musiem in.... shit it starts with a M. IT has like 20 lock from adapt through master.

That's odd, mine jumped up pretty quickly especially with hitting up expert and adept level locks. Took a bit more time and more broken lockpicks then I care to count, but it worked.

Hmm...No idea. I haven't encountered many expert or master locks, mostly novice-adept. I am playing at the easiest level, so I wonder if that matters.

Sly have you tried going to the Dwemer musiem in.... shit it starts with a M. IT has like 20 lock from adapt through master.
I've been to Mzulft, if that's what you're talking about. I don't think I did all the locks there, but most of them.

I'm in the 70's with my one handed skill and I now have the ability to decapitate people. So I travel to the top of a small mountain near Markarth in the Molag Bal/Abandoned House quest to save this priest of Boethiah and take him back to the Abandoned House in Markarth. I'm killing Forsworn members left and right as I travel up the mountain. I reach the final forsworn member and decapitate her with one strike. Much to my pleasure, her head starts rolling down the mountain. I start following the head, and it eventually rolls all the way down the mountain and finally comes to a stop in cooking pit fire at the forsworn base camp. I love this game....

So how fucking realistic is this game? I just bought a new house in Windhelm, so I'm moving all of my stuff from Whiterun to the new house. It's already taken me 4 hours to move. Of course, just like real life, I'm going through sorting what I want to keep, selling what I don't, but the fact it's taking me more than 4 hours to move is so ridiculously realistic.

Of course, if I wanted to move quickly, I probably could get everything in an hour or two, but still.

I'm working on getting the 25k house. I don't even want to know how long it is going to take me. I have like 2 sets of fully upgraded dragon armor. Along with about 50k in more items. Right now it just looks like staying in whiterun would be the better bet.

I'm working on getting the 25k house. I don't even want to know how long it is going to take me. I have like 2 sets of fully upgraded dragon armor. Along with about 50k in more items. Right now it just looks like staying in whiterun would be the better bet.
I purchased it, upgraded it, and then decided I didn't like it, so I loaded a previous save. The house in Windhelm, however, it great.

The only thing I don't like about these houses is there isn't enough chests and dressers. In Oblivion, the house in Anvil, Benirus Manor was GREAT. It was a big house, with a huge bedroom for improving conjuration, and there were as many chests and dressers as you wanted. The houses in this game don't really come with that many chests, which wouldn't be as big of a problem if they game sorted items in storage containers. But they'll put my dragon bones, helmet and books all together, making it difficult to find what I need when I go to get it. Thus, I like using different containers for different types of items, but there just aren't enough storage spaces to do so.

Anyways, the point is, the house in Solitude is expensive, but I just don't think it's that great. If you're looking for an upgraded house, go with Windhelm.

If you are on the Stormcloaks side, I think you can buy it for 8000, if you don't have enough money to buy it for 12,000. The upgrades are reasonably priced, though there are a lot of them. Make sure to choose to clean up the house before you buy anything, otherwise you'll lose that option after buying the living room, from what I've read.

Ah, the pain of being chased by dragon into a giant's camp and then to the walls of a bandit fort. Luckily, the dragon went after the bandits and I was able to escape the giant in a nearby watchtower. Once the dragon was finished with the bandits, he came after me but I was able to do away with him with arrows and shouts from the top of the watchtower but then as I am was going to collect my prize, the giants appear again and chase me back inside the watchtower.

Hilariously though, the giant could not fit through the doorway to the watchtower. So as he continued to try to get at me and I just stood there shooting him in the face. By the time he died, he had about 25 arrows in him and three stuck in his face like a dartboard.

One comment I would make is that with all the talk in Skyrim about the dangers of dragons, it seems to be mostly overlooked that it suffers even more from a blight of zombies

God I want to play this game so badly. Must find working crack....

Until then I'll just busy myself by re-playing Deus Ex again. And maybe one of the old Final Fantasy's.

I was playing a stealthy Bosmer archer. I'm just one shotting everything in sight. Easily the best game out this decade so far.

To add to my dragon/giant debacle from earlier, I was travelling to the Eldergleam Sanctuary and just as I walked past the Stormcloak mining settlement, I was attacked by a dragon.

Being in no shape to take it down, I ran... straight into a second dragon, a giant's camp and a wolf pack. Managed to get away from the giants as I find them to be a pain in the arse and isolated one dragon by the mine. Used my housecarl and the Stormcloaks as a diversion, snuck up behind the dragon and hacked it to death with a Skyforge claymore. A similar tactic worked with the second dragon. Poor Lydia took a hell of a beating though.

Not sure what I will do next. Might upgrade Breezehome before I think about heading further afield and the Horn of the Windcaller.

Барбоса;3605174 said:
To add to my dragon/giant debacle from earlier, I was travelling to the Eldergleam Sanctuary and just as I walked past the Stormcloak mining settlement, I was attacked by a dragon.

Being in no shape to take it down, I ran... straight into a second dragon, a giant's camp and a wolf pack. Managed to get away from the giants as I find them to be a pain in the arse and isolated one dragon by the mine. Used my housecarl and the Stormcloaks as a diversion, snuck up behind the dragon and hacked it to death with a Skyforge claymore. A similar tactic worked with the second dragon. Poor Lydia took a hell of a beating though.

Not sure what I will do next. Might upgrade Breezehome before I think about heading further afield and the Horn of the Windcaller.
Breezehome is a fine house, but I think the Windhelm one is the best. It takes some doing to achieve it, but it has a lot of storage, all the niceties, and is plenty big and spacious.

Not sure how far you are, or how much money you have, but I recommend that.

I've never been able to get over Whiterun or Breezehome as my favorite city and house. It was where I first discovered everything about Skyrim, so it's special. By the time I got to other cities I had a sense of already having figured things out a bit, so it was less magical. And I didn't get a second house (Solitude) for ages, so I got quite attached to Breezehome.

The Solitude house is nice enough. The housecarl is a good deal more attractive than Lydia, and less of a smarmy bitch about carrying my shit. I don't really think it was worth 25k, but I'm rich as hell from murdering and stealing, so whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back