Elder Scrolls V Thread

So, I need to start a new game due to a glitch in an Imperial quest. After 22 hours of gameplay, a shit ton of sidequests and exploration, quite a few shouts and many dragons slain, I need to start a new game if I want to do either the Imperial or Stormcloak quests. Fuck everything about this.
That hasn't happened to me in Skyrim yet thank god but it as happened to me quite a few times in Oblivion and it sucks ass

So, I need to start a new game due to a glitch in an Imperial quest. After 22 hours of gameplay, a shit ton of sidequests and exploration, quite a few shouts and many dragons slain, I need to start a new game if I want to do either the Imperial or Stormcloak quests. Fuck everything about this.

I'd wait. There's supposed to be a new patch out after Thanksgiving.

Don't get me wrong, I'd start a new game, just don't delete your current one.

I called Bethesda to recieve their advice and they told me if the patch did cover my glitched quest, the NPC that glitched and died wouldnt be restored in that game. Only fixed in future playthroughs.

I called Bethesda to recieve their advice and they told me if the patch did cover my glitched quest, the NPC that glitched and died wouldnt be restored in that game. Only fixed in future playthroughs.

Ahh...yeah, that sucks.

Ahh...yeah, that sucks.

I'm really apprehensive about restarting because i've done so much in my game. I've explored so much and found so many things that I fear it would become repetitive doing it all over again so soon. It's really unfortunate.

I'm really apprehensive about restarting because i've done so much in my game. I've explored so much and found so many things that I fear it would become repetitive doing it all over again so soon. It's really unfortunate.

Just restart as a different type of character. The quests may be the same, but if you fight them in a different manner, they are much different. For example, I'm a mage in my game, but when I beat it, I'll go back and do it as a dual wield fighter.

Just be someone else and it will be a different game. One of the great things about Elder Scrolls.

I have been curious about being a dual wielding mage. Luckily, if it does get repetitive on some parts, I have the two Dragon Age games to switch it up a bit.

I have been curious about being a dual wielding mage. Luckily, if it does get repetitive on some parts, I have the two Dragon Age games to switch it up a bit.
Dual wielding magic is pretty cool. I do it from time to time in my game with a restoration spell in one hand and a destruction spell in the other

I love being a mage. Just finished the Mages portion of the game (they're not a guild anymore, apparently, according to the lore in the game).
Dual wielding magic is pretty cool. I do it from time to time in my game with a restoration spell in one hand and a destruction spell in the other

Not me. I go with the same destruction spell in each hand, and gain the bonus from the combined power.

I still consider them a guild. I was having a great time with the Dark Brotherhood quests and had just bought a house. Haven't attempted any colleges yet though.

Im playing as an Imeperial focusing on two handed, heavy armor, destruction, smithing, enchanting, and magic in general as well alchemy. Im mostly using steel and dwarven weapons and armor. Also im sticking to having Vilkas or Aela as my current follwer and doing some more of the main quest.

anyone else have 2 different dragons show up at the exact same spot?

I was doing stuff for the College and not once but twice a dragon plopped down in the courtyard while I was on my way in.

5 day hiatus from the game. I'm going through withdrawals right now.

I shall get those screenshots as soon as I can.

Managed to beat a large portion of the guilds with underleveled shit and ended up with about 30k, which I used to get my smithing to 100 in about an hour.

So now I've got a Redguard Warrior with a full set of Daedric armor plus a sword and bow.

Never thought I would become this addicted.

Starting a new game tomorrow after Football and dinner. Have a bunch of Corona to accompany me considering the first hour or so will be incredibly repetitive. Fucking glitches...

Fuck Fuck Fuck

This thing I'm trying to kill just does not wanna die and it needs to for me to finish this quest. The fact that he drains my magic & health at the same time is a pain in my ass

The Dragon Priest at the end of the Staff of Magnus quest for The College

Here's how I beat him:

Use the terrain to your advantage. He doesn't like close combat, so he'll usually try to run away from you. Use the pillars and the other terrain to provide cover from his magic, have your Healing spell ready, and just pepper him with arrows. If he tries to close the distance, move away yourself.

I had the Hunting Bow of Embers which deals fire damage in addition to regular damage. The battle took several minutes, but once I figured out this strategy, he went down pretty easily and I never was in danger of dying.

Also, the reason he drains your magicka is because he's casting electricity spells. Electricity spells drains magicka as well as health.

The Eldergleam sanctuary is gorgeous in this game, after doing some power smithing and levelling tonight so I could use a couple of perks on skills I killed a random dragon and done a side quest. I'm gonna do some more side quests and miscallenous quests too. My character is damn good now and i have a distinct style I use to play.

Here's how I beat him:

Use the terrain to your advantage. He doesn't like close combat, so he'll usually try to run away from you. Use the pillars and the other terrain to provide cover from his magic, have your Healing spell ready, and just pepper him with arrows. If he tries to close the distance, move away yourself.

I had the Hunting Bow of Embers which deals fire damage in addition to regular damage. The battle took several minutes, but once I figured out this strategy, he went down pretty easily and I never was in danger of dying.

Also, the reason he drains your magicka is because he's casting electricity spells. Electricity spells drains magicka as well as health.
Thanks for the advice Sly it really helped.

Also the fact that he gave up helped too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back