General Video Game Discussion Thread

I need to figure out what game to have my girlfriend get me for Christmas. I'm thinking either Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 or if someone wants to try and sell me on something else, I have a PS3.

I need to figure out what game to have my girlfriend get me for Christmas. I'm thinking either Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 or if someone wants to try and sell me on something else, I have a PS3.

I've played through both games entirely over break, and Far Cry 3 was leaps and bounds better than Assassin's Creed 3 in my book.

I actually am not a huge fan of AC3. They did a few things well that I really enjoyed like the naval battles and the homesteading, and the combat is as great as ever, but the story blew, the characters were mediocre (at best), and the ending sucked elephant dick. I'd put this game above AC1, but well behind the three games that came in between.

I have yet to finish AC3, so I can't speak to the ending, but pretty much everything else J said I would agree with. Go with Far Cry 3.

Uncharted is one of the handful of games that I wish I had a PS3 for.

I'm playing this right now, bought it for $12 at the used game store. So far, it's been amazing.

That's the best way to buy games, of the 17 games I currently own, I think the only two I bought brand new were WWE '12 & COD: Black Ops 2.

I just got Arkham City off PSN for $14.69 (discount price for PS+ members), I look forward to playing it as soon as I'm done with AC2.

There is a short list of games I'm really looking forward to in 2013 (and I do mean short)

*Last of Us
*Bioshock Infinite
*DmC
*Tomb Raider

There is a short list of games I'm really looking forward to in 2013 (and I do mean short)

*Last of Us
*Bioshock Infinite
*DmC
*Tomb Raider

Last of Us has me considering getting a used PS3 for that game, and that game only. I mean, of course I'll probably try to find one on eBay that comes with a bunch of games, but it'll mostly be fore Last of Us. That game looks right up my alley: I love post-apocalyptic stories, and my favorite kind are the ones where humans are the only people left (no zombies, aliens, robots, mutants, giant worms with razor sharp fangs, etc.). Also, the stealth looks like it's really creative, so that will be fun too.

I'm really wanting to play Dishonored at some point, but I'm not going to pay full price for it. After a year or so, it'll come down and I'll give it a whirl.

And justin, I rarely buy games new. NBA 2K13 and Skyrim are the only games I can remember buying new in a long time.

I buy a lot of sports games every year. It's kind of pathetic really... I know that I'm going to be disappointed, but there's something about games like Fifa, MLB the Show, Madden/NCAA, and March Madness that always make me want the games. I just wish NFL would allow other companies to make football games, same with NCAA. I miss the Game Day and Gamebreaker franchises from 2kSports (I think that was them). It also made Madden that much better.

I buy a lot of sports games every year. It's kind of pathetic really... I know that I'm going to be disappointed, but there's something about games like Fifa, MLB the Show, Madden/NCAA, and March Madness that always make me want the games. I just wish NFL would allow other companies to make football games, same with NCAA. I miss the Game Day and Gamebreaker franchises from 2kSports (I think that was them). It also made Madden that much better.

EA Sports doesn't have an exclusivity deal with NCAA anymore.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-agrees-to-give-up-ncaa-football-exclusivity-6388207

I just bought the Mass Effect Trilogy for PS3 as I have never played a Mass Effect game before (i know wtf?) so i had to see what all the hype was about. Haven't got that far, maybe a couple hours into the first game. I believe it's the same creators as Knights of the old republic and Fallout? Well either way i like what I have seen so far.

Im psyched for the re-release of Kingdom Hearts for PS3 this year. Japan has a I think march release date, but not sure about America yet. My favorite game series.

The Uncharted double pack is about 20 bucks at the store down the street. I guess it is worth getting I just didnt seem to enthralled by the trailers or anything, but can't judge it by it's cover.

I just bought the Mass Effect Trilogy for PS3 as I have never played a Mass Effect game before (i know wtf?) so i had to see what all the hype was about. Haven't got that far, maybe a couple hours into the first game. I believe it's the same creators as Knights of the old republic and Fallout? Well either way i like what I have seen so far.

Fallout is Bethesda, the same people behind Skyrim. The Mass Effect series was developed by Bioware, and they are the same people behind Old Republic.

Mass Effect is my favorite series ever, and you can get me talking for days about the games. Mass Effect 2 is my favorite video game ever, and this series is one of the few video game franchises that has ever made me think deeply about reality. Great series, I hope you enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back