ECW Toronto, Round 2, Match 2: #14 Raven vs. #19 Buddy Rogers

Raven vs. Rogers

• Quote the Raven

• Nature Boy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Region, under Extreme Rules, form Toronto, ON.

#14. Raven
9eea_1.JPG

vs.

#19. The Nature Boy, Buddy Rogers
rogers.jpg

Raven doesn't care who Rogers was or what he means to the sport. Raven walks in and dominates him. Rogers will hit a move or two, but at the end of the day, Raven hits him with the DDT, cuts a confusing promo that somehow makes perfect sense, and advances.

What about me? What about Raven? As Buddy Rogers struts around, Raven gets a chair and just assaults the Original Nature Boy. This is a bloodbath that scares children and the elderly. Raven with a DDT onto some thumbtacks. Buddy Rogers gets to the dressing room and vomits in horror all over the place.

Raven wins in a ten minute graphic affair.

I've never been a fan of Raven. I think he's another overrated hack and that Rogers was much more entertaining to watch. That being said, however, Rogers is very much out of his element here. He could outwrestle Raven any day of the week, but not brawl with him. This is Raven's back yard, it's where he first made his mark, so I have to give it to him.

Raven's in my top 3 favorite wrestlers on all time, and I don't give a damn about Buddy Rogers. Easy choice here. And even easier since it's in ECW.

I'm hoping Raven goes far in this tournament. I can't wait until he gets a worthy opponent where I know he'll get underestimated; I'm ready to show all of you just how great this guy truly was, and since he's in the ECW Bracket... it should really help my cause.

Raven is the master of ECW, Rogers isn't. I don't want to resort to the old men can't use weapons arguments, but Raven is powerful enough to hold Rogers off until he can get them and once he does, he is far more innovative and clever with them and will therefore beat Rogers in a match to forget.

Raven is one sick twisted son of a bitch and a master of psychology, Buddy Rogers, not so much, and it doesn't help that this match is taking place in a environment that is essentially Ravens backyard, Raven walks in bloodys up the original nature boy, hits him with the evenflow DDT and walks out the winner

I don't really know much about Raven, but from the looks of it, he seems like a glorified jobber with some decent wins... He'd probably beat the shit out of Rogers, but Rogers would still find a way to win. He was the Nature Boy for a reason. I believe Raven beats the shit out of Rogers, but slips up and Rogers rolls him up for the three.

Vote Buddy Rogers

Raven is one sick twisted son of a bitch and a master of psychology, Buddy Rogers, not so much, and it doesn't help that this match is taking place in a environment that is essentially Ravens backyard, Raven walks in bloodys up the original nature boy, hits him with the evenflow DDT and walks out the winner

Justin's basically hit it on the head here. We knew that ECW was a bad draw for the original Nature Boy (he was, right? Or was there one before him?) when it came out. And it's guys like Raven who truly benefit from a draw like this one. Raven is tougher, more well versed in the art of violence, and sadistic enough to do whatever is needed to win.

Raven wins. It shouldn't really be close in terms of the voting.

Buddy Rogers is a legend in his own right, but let's be serious for a moment- could anyone really imagine Buddy Rogers in ECW? This is such a great example of home field advantage in this tournament. No rules makes this match one sided. Raven wins this easily and has plenty of time to rest up for his next round opponent.

Raven is one crazy fool. Buddy Rogers is a wrestling legend. In any other region, Rogers probably wins. But here we are in the land of extreme, the land where animals run savage and blood is the beverage of choice (ok that sounds weird). Raven thrives here and could be a sleeper and make some noise in this tourney. Raven wins here, easily.

Raven won't lose here. I'm going to vote for him over Edge also. ECW should come down to Vader v. Raven, and then my head will explode, and I won't be able to vote anymore.

This match will start with a chair, and end with an Evenflow DDT onto a bed of tacks and shattered glass.

Again, squash match. I'm not joking,t hat's how badly Rogers gets destoryed here. Buddy Rogers was an entertainer, in a tame company. He's hardly known for anything hardcore. Raven is a hardcore legend, especially stateside. The guy is also a former NWA Champion, along with the ECW gold, and the various titles he gained in WCW and the WWF, 27 of which were hardcore championships. Yes, this is easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back