The ECW Region: General Discussion

Edge. Vader. Austin. Lesnar.

This region gives us the most versatile bunch of guys in the regional semis. In Edge, you have a bit of a paper champion who has shown he has what it takes to "go" in gimmick style matches, such as TLC's, ladder matches, and hardcore matches. With Vader, you have a final four competitor from last year who just defeated two legendary SHW's in Andre and Big Show in a ladder match, and now he's hungry for his next victim. Austin is the tried and true fan favorite who usually bows out around this time in the tournament because of his lack of a specialty. In Lesnar, you have the "trendy" IWC pick this year with a guy who did it all in just 2 years, and bring so much power and agility to the table, it's frightening.

I really do see Edge and Vader making it through to the tournament. Think about it - the two options for gimmick matches are Barbed Wire Ropes and Three Stages of Hell. Lesnar has never had experience with true hardcore wrestling, and to my knowledge has never come into contact with barbed wire. If the travel schedule took him out, how will he fare with barbed wire? Edge has dealt with Barbed Wire, and quite well, feuding with Foley. He knows how it feels - he'll be ready.

Vader also defeated Foley in barbed wire ropes matches in Germany - the world famous "I can't believe I lost my fucking ear" match was Vader vs Foley, barbed wire. Vader won that match.

With three stages of hell, the gimmicks are picked based on the wrestlers involved. Both Edge and Vader have specialty matches that doom their opponents. Edge has TLC / Ladder / HIAC, and Vader has Texas Death and Strap. What would Austin's specialty match be? A simple street fight? What would Lesnar's be? Freestyle wrestling? ECW will boo him off the map.

I see Vader and Edge in the finals.

I'm surprised that Edge has gone this far, especially beating Raven. I think Lesnar and Vader will advance rather than Edge and Vader. I'm assuming that the matchups are Edge/Lesnar and Austin/Vader. If Edge and Vader get the Barbwire Ropes Match, I'm not sure that really gives a huge advantage to Edge. Lesnar can just as easily keep throwing him in the ropes and I don't know Lesnar's pain tolerance. Edge has more of a chance in my opinion in the Three Stages of Hell depending on what matches they draw.

I really do see Edge and Vader making it through to the tournament.

Really?, Edge? really?, I'm thinking Lesnar/Vader is more likely

Think about it - the two options for gimmick matches are Barbed Wire Ropes and Three Stages of Hell. Lesnar has never had experience with true hardcore wrestling, and to my knowledge has never come into contact with barbed wire.

Lesnar doesn't have experience with true hardcore wrestling?, dude he took Taker apart in a HIAC, completely dominated and then destroyed him, Lesnar has shown he is one sadistic bastard, god only knows what the guy is capable of when surrounded by barbwire

If the travel schedule took him out, how will he fare with barbed wire? Edge has dealt with Barbed Wire, and quite well, feuding with Foley. He knows how it feels - he'll be ready.

Quite well?!?!? I seem to recall Edge getting hit with and spearing the barbwire, I don't recall him really be able to use it to his advantage, not to mention he's taking on Lesnar, not a 50 fucking yr. old broken down Foley

Vader also defeated Foley in barbed wire ropes matches in Germany - the world famous "I can't believe I lost my fucking ear" match was Vader vs Foley, barbed wire. Vader won that match.

Good for Vader, too bad nobody is facing Foley...

With three stages of hell, the gimmicks are picked based on the wrestlers involved. Both Edge and Vader have specialty matches that doom their opponents.

Has anyone ever beaten Lesnar is a specialty match?, serious question, I don't remember Lesnar ever losing a specialty match of any kind, not to mention Lesnar was never the type of guy who need to rely on gimmick matches to get the advantage over his opponents

Edge has TLC / Ladder / HIAC,

Meh, TLC and Ladder are basically the same thing, and I would give HIAC to Lesnar, Lesnar has not only beaten Undertaker in a HIAC but he decimated him, Edge got torn apart by the deadman, lost the match, and then "Chokeslammed to hell"

What would Lesnar's be? Freestyle wrestling?

HIAC, Ironman, any type of no DQ/Street fight match, Submission, need I go on?

I see Lesnar/Vader in the finals, Edge really isn't nearly as good as people claim he is

This region gives us the most versatile bunch of guys in the regional semis. In Edge, you have a bit of a paper champion who has shown he has what it takes to "go" in gimmick style matches, such as TLC's, ladder matches, and hardcore matches.

Eh. He's alright. The only people he's been able to beat convincingly are, wait, no, is Mick Foley. The only person he has been able to beat convincingly is Mick Foley. Then again, he did have Lita's help then. I might have to rethink this. He's been decimated by Kurt Angle, The Undertaker and John Cena in gimmick matches. The notion that he has a clear cut speciality in ladder matches has been dispelled with that incredible loss to Cena, as well as him having to be carried out of Money in the Bank.

In Lesnar, you have the "trendy" IWC pick this year with a guy who did it all in just 2 years, and bring so much power and agility to the table, it's frightening.

Just want to point out; I'm the guy that started the trend. Look at my 4 to vote 4. Who's number one? Brock Lesnar. Then again, Edge was also part of the original four...

If the travel schedule took him out, how will he fare with barbed wire? Edge has dealt with Barbed Wire, and quite well, feuding with Foley.

I didn't know having an epileptic fit was what was considered dealing with it quite well these days.

He knows how it feels - he'll be ready.

I'm sure Terry Funk and Sabu knew how it felt when they had their match, but they still reacted like somebody was sodomizing their dog right in front of them.

Just want to point out that Mick Foley tore off his own ear, accidentally.

With three stages of hell, the gimmicks are picked based on the wrestlers involved. Both Edge and Vader have specialty matches that doom their opponents. Edge has TLC / Ladder / HIAC, and Vader has Texas Death and Strap. What would Austin's specialty match be? A simple street fight? What would Lesnar's be? Freestyle wrestling? ECW will boo him off the map.

Lesnar has numerous specialties. I don't get how Edge's speciality is Hell in a Cell; he got his ass handed to him. Definitely Lesnar's. Cage match is Lesnar's, too. Generally, I don't think there is a gimmick match where Brock's natural gifts would be counteracted. Maybe an "Edge wins" match. You've got me there, you sly dog.

You're just being strategic because you actually see Lesnar making it to the finals and your boy Vader getting his ass whooped.

Really?, Edge? really?, I'm thinking Lesnar/Vader is more likely

And a better match up, too.

Lesnar doesn't have experience with true hardcore wrestling?, dude he took Taker apart in a HIAC, completely dominated and then destroyed him, Lesnar has shown he is one sadistic bastard, god only knows what the guy is capable of when surrounded by barbwire

Undertaker doesn't have a great record in gimmick matches. He has experience, sure. I guess your point is taken. But as sadistic as Lesnar is (throwing a one legged kid down a flight of stairs), Edge has shown the same "other side" of himself.

Quite well?!?!? I seem to recall Edge getting hit with and spearing the barbwire, I don't recall him really be able to use it to his advantage, not to mention he's taking on Lesnar, not a 50 fucking yr. old broken down Foley

Edge did rebound from that and won the match. Which means he knows what the wire is capable of doing to his body, and he'll be able to withstand it again.

Good for Vader, too bad nobody is facing Foley...

No no, my point was simply that Vader has experience with Barbed Wire Matches too, that's all.

Has anyone ever beaten Lesnar is a specialty match?, serious question, I don't remember Lesnar ever losing a specialty match of any kind, not to mention Lesnar was never the type of guy who need to rely on gimmick matches to get the advantage over his opponents

Small sample size. You've mentioned HIAC, and like I said, point taken. I think he wrestled an Ironman as well.

Meh, TLC and Ladder are basically the same thing

True.

and I would give HIAC to Lesnar, Lesnar has not only beaten Undertaker in a HIAC but he decimated him, Edge got torn apart by the deadman, lost the match, and then "Chokeslammed to hell"

At some point the experience card has to come into play. Edge has wrestled in so many more ladder situations than Lesnar, you'd have to take that into account. Just because he didn't win more than half of them doesn't mean he hasn't been in them. Undertaker has a .500-or-worse record in both Casket AND HIAC matches, no? But you'd still consider him an expert in both because he's been there.

HIAC, Ironman, any type of no DQ/Street fight match, Submission, need I go on?

Go on being off-base? If you want, it's your party.

HIAC I'd give to Edge, Submission I'd give you Lesnar, Street fight a draw.

I see Lesnar/Vader in the finals, Edge really isn't nearly as good as people claim he is

I dunno man, in gimmick matches he seems to have another gear. I'll be rooting for Lesnar, but I could see Edge pulling it off...

Uncle Sam said:
Just want to point out that Mick Foley tore off his own ear, accidentally.

Oh I know. I was merely giving people a familiar frame of reference. I am well aware that Vader didn't tear off Foley's ear. But he did beat Foley in a Barbed Wire Match - no easy feat.

Uncle Sam said:
You're just being strategic because you actually see Lesnar making it to the finals and your boy Vader getting his ass whooped.

No, actually, I'd prefer to see Lesnar win because Lesnar vs Vader is a vastly more interesting an polarizing match. And it'd be fun to have Shocky and I on opposite ends of a regional final for guys we are so passionate about.

And furthermore, I'd give Vader a better shot against Lesnar than Edge anyway. I think Lesnar would get beaten pretty handilly by Vader. Edge would be a little tougher to put away.

Austin vs. Vader: I hope that my co-admin, for the sake of his campaign, doesn't take the threat of Steve Austin lightly. He maybe a one trick pony, he may lack a specialty, but he makes that all up with overwhelming support. Steve Austin is riding off a high of the Hall of fame this year, plus his popularity, it's going to be tough to over come.

Now let me clarify before I go even further, the 3 Stages of Hell for either match is going to be Extreme Rules, Steel Cage, and Ladder. I thought I made that clear earlier, but this is just to make sure. That is the match order, regardless of who gets it.

In 3 Stages of hell, it's a virtual push in the first match. The Extreme Rules could go either way. Once this match moves to the cage, Vader is the clear cut favorite. You simply don't want to be put into a cage with a monster, especially a monster as dangerous as Big Van Vader. Even Stone Cold Steve Austin struggles with a prime Vader in a cage where he doesn't have the room to work. If this match goes to round 3, can IC convince enough people that Big Van Vader can win two ladder matches in a row? That is the challenge.

If this is a barbed wire match, I have to lean with Vader in the match. A), he has experience in the match, and B), another match where you are pretty much cornered with your opponent. I see Austin having a hard time getting Vader in the barbwire myself, but if the big man finds himself in it, it could be the end of the line for the mastadon.

Edge vs. Lesnar.
Again, if team Lesnar goes in here thinking that this is going to be a cake walk, they are sadly mistaken. You have to take into account that there is an Anti-Lesnar base, coupled with the popularity of the Edge Heads on the forum, and you have a tough combination going into the match.

3 Stages of Hell: I honestly don't see how Lesnar doesn't take this match two straight in my opinion. Edge might be lucky enough to squeak a victory out in the first match, but I doubt it. In a cage match, Lesnar destroys Edge, no problem. If it gets to a ladder match, then obviously Edge become the favorite, and it's no disputing it. The simple question remains, can Edge beat Brock Lesnar 2 out of 3 Falls?

Barbed Wire: Experience, Shmerience with Edge and the Barbwire. Edge was hit with the Barb Wire, and freaked out like a bitch. Edge doesn't have the Raw power to do what is necessary in that match, and that's get your opponent so engulfed in the wire that he focuses more on the pain then the match. I see Lesnar as the favorite in this match, but am not underestimating Edge by any means.

This wasn't a barbed wire match and was more due to the fact that the ropes were tied too tight. So I don't think you can count that match. Everyone looks better if you just make stuff up about them ;)
Austin would need to pull out all the stops to beat Vader, but don't discount him.

I really fancy Lesnar to go over Edge in any situation. If the ropes are barbed wire, he'll just avoid them, and use his superior strength to throw Edge into them. Any gimmick match I'd say he's too cold, calculated, and deadly to lose to Edge. Edge is smart and can sometimes be very crazy, but he prefers flight to fight. Lesnar would enjoy picking him apart.

I sincerely hope the Edge haters don't come out in full force with this whining shit from previous matches in which he's sent home other fan favorites. Allow me to start now, the Edge to the finals campaign in the E.C.W. region..

3 Stages of Hell: I don't know what 3 matches there will be, but I could almost assume it'll be Single's/Hardcore, Cage, then finished up with Ladder. This is Edge's field more than Lesnar's and I don't give a rat's ass about that so-called raw power that Shocky was talking about.

Edge isn't a weakling. He's speared guys bigger, tougher and worse than Lesnar and kept them down for a 3-count, and then some. He's had help winning against bigger opponent's, yes, but he's also put plenty down on his own accord. DO NOT under estimate Edge, just because the 2-year "Pro" that's The Next Big Thing never had a proper chance to look worse. (unless you throw in leaving Pro Wrestling only to not even make the Minnesota Vikings. But that's neither here, nor there ;))

Bottomline is this folks.. Brock Lesnar sucks against smaller opponents. I don't care the interference issues. I don't care the situations and circumstances. He's either lost more times or had harder times in general against guys smaller and even very less skilled them him, than he's won against them.

Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Rob Van Dam, The Hardys, Hardcore Holly - just for example.

And what do all of those individuals also hold connections to? Edge hasn't just defeated them all, he's damn near owned each and every one through head-to-head meetings.

You add that to the fact that the only major showing between these two, in a handicap match, non the less - it took Paul Heyman's interference and a steel chair to a not yet skilled and fully opportunistic Edge.. to gain Lesnar the victory. And after that point, Lesnar ducked and ran from Edge to boot.

Edge can defeat Lesnar in a single's match.. and the handicap match proves that. How? Because once again, you take Heyman out of the equation and Edge would've won. And that was before Edge gained about 20 pounds more muscle, and a hard, more impactful spear. Edge could go up in either the Single's match, or the Cage. And the Ladder match is basically a given.

Barb-Wire: I'm not going to use the "experience" factor from saying Edge's dealt with Barbwire. Taking a few shots from a barbwire bat that gets lit on fire, or later dealing with it in a Tag team match - doesn't make you an expert. Yes, it gives you a better understanding of how it feels - and since to my knowledge Lesnar doesn't know, I'd say that much could help Edge (mentally) but once again, doesn't give any type of disadvantage or pro-advantage.

Regardless, Edge's mental capabilities to out-think and out-manage the match against Lesnar is what should win him the contest. Edge knows his way around a Wrestling ring a lot better than Lesnar. The guy (Lesnar) was only inside the ring for randomly 2 years before quitting and wanting to play football. He went to Japan, (where I await more from Irish on how that makes him the favorite somehow) and then went to the UFC. Luckily for us, none of the "outside of the W.W.E" stuff matters.. remember that.

Lesnar is still very green as far as I'm concerned. Talented beyond levels, yes. But can easily be manipulated and tricked into a false sense of surrounding. Kurt Angle did it to him. The Undertaker's done it to him. Big Show, and several others have as well. Lesnar can fall victim to Edge in this type of match - by Edge showing fear and getting Lesnar to mistake that for realism.

SO, in the end.. I think this will be tough and I also believe Lesnar could take it by way of how Edge's come along throughout this tournament. Shocky mentioned Lesnar having haters, but the fact is I think Edge has made far more.

Regardless.. Vote Edge.

And furthermore, I'd give Vader a better shot against Lesnar than Edge anyway. I think Lesnar would get beaten pretty handilly by Vader. Edge would be a little tougher to put away.

Well, video evidence of a rookie Edge putting an albeit past it Vader away with relative ease doesn't really help your cause. Don't really have anything else to add. Erm, nope, nothing. Nothing to say at all, really. Nothing... at all. Weather's nice today, isn't it? Yup. Yeah, it is. I guess you guys should vote Lesnar, because he's better and that.

Y'all should save yourselves for the matches.

Am I the only one that thinks Austin v. Vader in ECW just sounds like a mismatch? And, not in Austin's favor. Sure, he's a badass, and he'd be great...But, Vader is in his element here, and I think he wins, no matter the match. In a barbwire match, he just needs to keep whipping Austin into the "ropes", and eventually, he'll bleed out, and the match will be over. This happened with Sabu v. Funk. Funk dominated early, and then was gassed, and couldn't do anything, while Sabu just kept piling it on. In a 3 Stages Of Hell, I don't see there being two gimmick matches that Austin can excel at. Vader will have an edge in most of them, and will easily get 2 falls.

Edge v. Lesnar is interesting. While I hate Edge, and feel that he's a big reason the titles are all a joke today, there's no denying that Lesnar's career made a mockery of the business either. He was pushed hard and fast, and could've done anything, but he called it quits, and left after 2 years. In a 3 Stages Of Hell match, I'd give Edge the advantage. It gives him 3 chances to overcome the odds, and that's what he does best. It may be a fluke victory, but a win is a win. In a barbwire match, I'm going with Lesnar. Barbwire ropes grounds anyone...There are no chances for flying, and there's no room for error. If Lesnar can withstand some punishment, and just duck one spear, Edge will be tangled up, and screaming for Vickie. Lesnar can just pound on him, and beat him, until there's nothing Edge can do but lay there for the 3 count.

Edge VS Vader in the finals. You read it hear first.

Vader in his prime would destroy Austin. Austin was more popular, and a good brawler, but he tried to wrestle a style that Vader dominated everyone in. Vader wins this one, hands down.

Edge VS Lesnar is a bit closer, Lesnar has the physical advantage, but Edge is just too experienced and smart for The Next Big POS.

In a barbwire match, I'm going with Lesnar. Barbwire ropes grounds anyone...There are no chances for flying, and there's no room for error. If Lesnar can withstand some punishment, and just duck one spear, Edge will be tangled up, and screaming for Vickie. Lesnar can just pound on him, and beat him, until there's nothing Edge can do but lay there for the 3 count.

This is a growing problem I'm seeing with more and more posters who're discounting Edge in select situations. You're (not you, NSL, persay - but 'you' as in - in general) are referring to Edge as if he's some cruiserweight who can't dish out powerful attacks and would be fucked without the ability to go to the air.

When exactly was the last time anyone seen Edge doing tons of moves off the ropes, or top ropes for that matter? Hmm? Outside of a missile drop kick, or a spear or cross body from time to time - he very rarely goes to the air, via the ropes.

He's quick, he uses speed and agility, but he doesn't rely on the ropes and turnbuckles. He's quick between the ropes, not on them. And as for power - just take another look at that solo match Edge/Lesnar had in 2002.. Edge gave as much as he got, and Lesnar was hurt from it just the same. Edge won't "match" Lesnar's power and raw strength, but Edge can take it, and give almost as much back in return.. once again, that video proves it.

I'm glad you didn't take my point personally. I'm not discounting Edge as a cruiserweight. I know he has a ton to his offense, but I think in this match, he'd need that part of his game to have a chance. He's strong, but he's not Lesnar. He's agile, but I've never seen him even attempt a shooting star press. He's fast, but there's nowhere to use it when the ring is surrounded in barbwire.

I'm glad you didn't take my point personally. I'm not discounting Edge as a cruiserweight. I know he has a ton to his offense, but I think in this match, he'd need that part of his game to have a chance. He's strong, but he's not Lesnar. He's agile, but I've never seen him even attempt a shooting star press. He's fast, but there's nowhere to use it when the ring is surrounded in barbwire.

:lmao: The only Shooting Star Press I seen Lesnar use, broke his own neck. LOL If that's what Edge is up against, he'll win without even breaking a sweat. Ultimate Opportunist means taking any opening the moment it presents itself. Lesnar attempts some awkward type of SSP, only to land on his neck (breaking it once again) and Edge capitalizes instantly.

I don't take anything personal from anyone. I just try to correct them if I believe their view is slightly, or mainly, wrong.

Edge isn't a cruiserweight, nor is he a light weight. Edge is 250lbs. (according to Wiki) Lesnar is only 15lbs. heavier.

Lesnar has F-5'd Big Show, and that in and of itself is fucking impressive.. but just because the guy can lift a load and a half doesn't make him indestructible. It makes him strong. Edge has Speared the Big Show and leveled him for more than 3 seconds.. in the thick of things, Barbwire match or 2 outta 3 falls.. all it takes is that.

:lmao: The only Shooting Star Press I seen Lesnar use, broke his own neck.

I didn't say it was good, but he attempted it. You won't have to worry about that here, because there are no ropes to climb. This match basically puts Edge in a pen, where there's nowhere to hide. I could see Lesnar negating the spear, by wrapping his torso in barbwire.

The only person to go into a Barbwire Rope match, not wearing a shirt, is Sabu, and he's just sick. So, don't deny that Lesnar would be properly prepared.

I didn't say it was good, but he attempted it. You won't have to worry about that here, because there are no ropes to climb. This match basically puts Edge in a pen, where there's nowhere to hide. I could see Lesnar negating the spear, by wrapping his torso in barbwire.

The only person to go into a Barbwire Rope match, not wearing a shirt, is Sabu, and he's just sick. So, don't deny that Lesnar would be properly prepared.

It's comments like the highlighted one that make me not understand People's logic in this match-up. Even if you were joking, and in all honesty I hope you were cause Lesnar isn't that sadistic, nor is he that impervious to pain.. the fact is.. doing something of that nature would hurt you, more than your opponent.

And Edge, being the thinker that he is, wouldn't attack Lesnar in that situation.

The "pen" situation is true, and I believe that. Edge would be "trapped" and cornered, and it wouldn't be the greatest of situations for him. But yet again, not something he couldn't overcome. (flukish or otherwise)

And this whole Lesnar could be the type to wrap barbwire around him bit is kinda fool-hardy to even suggest. Lesnar had difficulty against Hardcore fucking Holly.. you know him right? The wannabe Nascar driver.. Sparky Plugg. Lesnar barely defeated Holly. So I doubt he'd do something that could instantly weaken and hurt his own body, in a match against someone a hell of a lot more rounded than Sparky Plugg.

It's comments like the highlighted one that make me not understand People's logic in this match-up. Even if you were joking, and in all honesty I hope you were cause Lesnar isn't that sadistic, nor is he that impervious to pain.. the fact is.. doing something of that nature would hurt you, more than your opponent.

Did you watch the Sabu v. Funk barbwire match? Or, the Sandman v. Raven one? It hurt the opponent, a lot more than it hurt the man that wrapped himself (Sabu and Sandman respectively). It doesn't take a sadistic bastard to stop his opponent from attacking him through any means necessary.

And Edge, being the thinker that he is, wouldn't attack Lesnar in that situation.

Edge can't win if he isn't attacking Lesnar. Unless he's a Jedi.

The "pen" situation is true, and I believe that. Edge would be "trapped" and cornered, and it wouldn't be the greatest of situations for him. But yet again, not something he couldn't overcome. (flukish or otherwise)

Anyone he's been associated with, is a pussy. You know this. No one is going to be there to save him. Except maybe that sadistic bastard, that defeated Stan Hansen two rounds ago. Oh, wait. That was a major fluke, and never should've happened.

And this whole Lesnar could be the type to wrap barbwire around him bit is kinda fool-hardy to even suggest. Lesnar had difficulty against Hardcore fucking Holly.. you know him right? The wannabe Nascar driver.. Sparky Plugg. Lesnar barely defeated Holly. So I doubt he'd do something that could instantly weaken and hurt his own body, in a match against someone a hell of a lot more rounded than Sparky Plugg.

He barely defeated Holly because of the storyline. Let me use IC's copy-paste: Smoke and mirrors. Yes, he had issues. But, that's because he had broken Holly's neck, and Holly was one of Vince's favorites for whatever reason, and earned the right to get back at him. Otherwise, there never would have been a feud.

Did you watch the Sabu v. Funk barbwire match? Or, the Sandman v. Raven one? It hurt the opponent, a lot more than it hurt the man that wrapped himself (Sabu and Sandman respectively). It doesn't take a sadistic bastard to stop his opponent from attacking him through any means necessary.

Okay, I'll try explaining this more clearly for you. Go find yourself some barbwire.. it's okay kids, NSL is a grown man - if anyone reading is not a grown man (with a brain) don't do this.

Now then, NSL, I assume you've found some barbwire by now.. seeing as how I asked you to go get some. Now - wrap yourself up in it. Then find someone dumb enough to attempt spearing you. It's okay, trust me.

*waits impatiently*

Well then.. assuming you've done all this.. you should know now, more than you did before.. that if wrapping your OWN body in barbwire didn't fucking hurt immensely, that having someone spearing you in the ribs (while it would hurt them, too) would definitely hurt you a lot fucking worse.

Not only are you getting speared in the ribs.. but the barbwire you foolishly wrapped yourself in moments before, has now been embedded into your stomach, and internal organs. I hope you enjoy soup, because you won't be eating anything solid for the next few weeks or months, as you'll be fed through a tube.

Edge can't win if he isn't attacking Lesnar. Unless he's a Jedi.

He could be, how do you know he isn't? :glare:

And logically, no, he can't defeat Lesnar if he doesn't atta.. wait.. he's defeated John Cena and the Undertaker without doing hardly anything. He IS a Jedi! Whelp, that proves it.. Edge wins.

Anyone he's been associated with, is a pussy. You know this. No one is going to be there to save him. Except maybe that sadistic bastard, that defeated Stan Hansen two rounds ago. Oh, wait. That was a major fluke, and never should've happened.

I haven't been paying that much attention. I'm assuming you're referring to possibly Christian? If not, then I don't know. Regardless, Edge wouldn't need help.. unless that help might be Paul Heyman turning on Lesnar for like the 20th time.

He barely defeated Holly because of the storyline. Let me use IC's copy-paste: Smoke and mirrors. Yes, he had issues. But, that's because he had broken Holly's neck, and Holly was one of Vince's favorites for whatever reason, and earned the right to get back at him. Otherwise, there never would have been a feud.

:blink: Okay, so we're using the non-kayfabe logic now? Fine by me..

Brock Lesnar left the Company because he couldn't hack it anymore. He wanted to play Football, and got cut before Training Camp, by a team that at the time needed all the help they could get.

Lesnar then turned around, tried joining an alternative Wrestling group, and the W.W.E slapped him in the face with the contract the big dumb idiot signed, that stated he couldn't do so until a certain date was up. Lesnar then tried suing the Company.. because he felt just because he left early, he should've been allowed freedom. (right...)

So.. using non-kayfabe logic, Edge would not just win any style of match.. Edge would squash Lesnar, because McMahon now owns E.C.W, which means this match would be contested under McMahon's supervision - thus, he'd make Lesnar lay down, and get squashed by Edge.

Now then.. if you're done using ignorant logic we can go back to regular, kayfabe logic.. in which I can still provide everyone with multiple ways Edge has the advantage over Lesnar.

Okay, I'll try explaining this more clearly for you. Go find yourself some barbwire.. it's okay kids, NSL is a grown man - if anyone reading is not a grown man (with a brain) don't do this.

:lmao:

Now then, NSL, I assume you've found some barbwire by now.. seeing as how I asked you to go get some. Now - wrap yourself up in it. Then find someone dumb enough to attempt spearing you. It's okay, trust me.

*waits impatiently*

Well then.. assuming you've done all this.. you should know now, more than you did before.. that if wrapping your OWN body in barbwire didn't fucking hurt immensely, that having someone spearing you in the ribs (while it would hurt them, too) would definitely hurt you a lot fucking worse.

Except, I'm 270 pounds of lard-ass, and Lesnar...Isn't. Otherwise, I'd get your logic.

Not only are you getting speared in the ribs.. but the barbwire you foolishly wrapped yourself in moments before, has now been embedded into your stomach, and internal organs. I hope you enjoy soup, because you won't be eating anything solid for the next few weeks or months, as you'll be fed through a tube.

This isn't razorwire...It's barbwire. Only the barbs pierce you, not the whole fucking thing. And, I'm pretty sure Edge's head, neck, and shoulder, would be in a lot more pain than Lesnar's abs.

He could be, how do you know he isn't? :glare:

Now that you say it, he kind of does look like Obi-Wan in Episode III...

And logically, no, he can't defeat Lesnar if he doesn't atta.. wait.. he's defeated John Cena and the Undertaker without doing hardly anything. He IS a Jedi! Whelp, that proves it.. Edge wins.[/quote]

Lesnar won't have anyone else attacking him, and I'm fairly sure he won't stand there and F-5 himself.

I haven't been paying that much attention. I'm assuming you're referring to possibly Christian? If not, then I don't know. Regardless, Edge wouldn't need help.. unless that help might be Paul Heyman turning on Lesnar for like the 20th time.

Yes, that creepy little bastard. The wrestler, not your son. And, your son is too young to help Edge, so don't try it.

:blink: Okay, so we're using the non-kayfabe logic now? Fine by me..

Brock Lesnar left the Company because he couldn't hack it anymore. He wanted to play Football, and got cut before Training Camp, by a team that at the time needed all the help they could get.

Lesnar then turned around, tried joining an alternative Wrestling group, and the W.W.E slapped him in the face with the contract the big dumb idiot signed, that stated he couldn't do so until a certain date was up. Lesnar then tried suing the Company.. because he felt just because he left early, he should've been allowed freedom. (right...)

So.. using non-kayfabe logic, Edge would not just win any style of match.. Edge would squash Lesnar, because McMahon now owns E.C.W, which means this match would be contested under McMahon's supervision - thus, he'd make Lesnar lay down, and get squashed by Edge.

I'm glad IC said everyone should vote kayfabe :D

Now then.. if you're done using ignorant logic we can go back to regular, kayfabe logic.. in which I can still provide everyone with multiple ways Edge has the advantage over Lesnar.

It wasn't ignorant logic. It was my rebuttle to Holly beating Lesnar...

With the current product Vince has, I'm pretty sure he'd be drooling for someone like Lesnar to come back...I wouldn't be so quick to say he'd get squashed...

NSL, I think I just found Gold.. and proof on everything you're saying, is a load of crap.. (thank Sam for the rep that lead me to this gem)

:thumbsup:

Between Ligerbomb's post, and this one, my vote for Liger is secured. It will be one hell of a fight, but I could see Liger getting the win in ECW. He's the type of guy that ECW used in the beginning to get their footing, before the blood and violence took over. Heyman would've given him big time matches, and the fans would've loved him.

Lesnar would be just the kind of person that failed in ECW. There was a few times where Heyman would bring in "the next big thing", and they would fall flat on their face. While Johnny Storm isn't in the same sport as Lesnar, he was brought in by Heyman to be the next big thing after Taz. He was supposed to be pushed to the moon, and hold every title, and carry ECW to the promised land. He lasted about 2 months, and was booed out of the building. He was quickly jobbing to guys like Nunzio and Spike, and then left to go home...

Just the bolded bit caught my eye, but if you continue reading it firmly explains why just one round ago.. you explained to the world, how Lesnar couldn't make it in E.C.W facing a Cruiserweight in Liger.

So why on earth, would he suddenly fair any better or different, against a bigger, stronger athlete like Edge? (who would work in E.C.W's environment, the same way a Steve Corino, or Lance Storm worked) The answer is, he wouldn't.

The bottomline is, you're absolutely right. Lesnar wouldn't work in E.C.W, or in their match-types. He's so cocky and arrogant, that he wouldn't bother trying to use the elements around him - he'd believe his body, strength and natural abilities would work good enough. His arrogance and cockiness in false belief would be his downfall.

Edge, too, is cocky and arrogant - but definitely not above using every means available (and even those that aren't) to his advantage in winning. Edge would do everything possible to stay away from the barbwire, whereas Lesnar would likely be stupid enough to think it couldn't possibly hurt him. (going back to your wrapping himself in it, theory)

And if its a 2 outta 3 falls match, then outside of the Cage match - Edge can distance himself from Lesnar as well.

NSL, I think I just found Gold.. and proof on everything you're saying, is a load of crap.. (thank Sam for the rep that lead me to this gem)

Just the bolded bit caught my eye, but if you continue reading it firmly explains why just one round ago.. you explained to the world, how Lesnar couldn't make it in E.C.W facing a Cruiserweight in Liger.

So why on earth, would he suddenly fair any better or different, against a bigger, stronger athlete like Edge? (who would work in E.C.W's environment, the same way a Steve Corino, or Lance Storm worked) The answer is, he wouldn't.

The bottomline is, you're absolutely right. Lesnar wouldn't work in E.C.W, or in their match-types. He's so cocky and arrogant, that he wouldn't bother trying to use the elements around him - he'd believe his body, strength and natural abilities would work good enough. His arrogance and cockiness in false belief would be his downfall.

Edge, too, is cocky and arrogant - but definitely not above using every means available (and even those that aren't) to his advantage in winning. Edge would do everything possible to stay away from the barbwire, whereas Lesnar would likely be stupid enough to think it couldn't possibly hurt him. (going back to your wrapping himself in it, theory)

And if its a 2 outta 3 falls match, then outside of the Cage match - Edge can distance himself from Lesnar as well.

:glare:

The difference is, that this match could be anywhere, and Lesnar would win. This is a barbwire ropes match. There is no "distancing" yourself. You get in the ring, you get your ass kicked, and you get carried out on a stretcher, whether you win or lose.

I think Lesnar beating on Edge, would hurt a lot more than Edge beating on Lesnar. IC made the point a while ago. Vader attacking his opponent would exert less energy than anyone attacking him. Same here. Edge will be gassed quicker than Lesnar, and will take a bigger beating. In the long run, Lesnar wins.

I never said I like it. I hate Lesnar, and Edge is a joke, but there needs to be a winner. Mikey Whipwreck can't steal victories from everyone ya know.

:glare:

The difference is, that this match could be anywhere, and Lesnar would win. This is a barbwire ropes match. There is no "distancing" yourself. You get in the ring, you get your ass kicked, and you get carried out on a stretcher, whether you win or lose.

I think Lesnar beating on Edge, would hurt a lot more than Edge beating on Lesnar. IC made the point a while ago. Vader attacking his opponent would exert less energy than anyone attacking him. Same here. Edge will be gassed quicker than Lesnar, and will take a bigger beating. In the long run, Lesnar wins.

I never said I like it. I hate Lesnar, and Edge is a joke, but there needs to be a winner. Mikey Whipwreck can't steal victories from everyone ya know.

But this match isn't anywhere, Its in E.C.W still. The same place you said Lesnar would fail in.

It also hasn't been decided on whether this is a Barbwire match or a Three Stages of Hell match, yet. We've just been going back and forth about Barbwire so much - you may have assumed that's what it was decided to be.

And once again, watch the Edge v. Lesnar/Heyman match.. Edge took Lesnar's punishment, and gave it back. Lesnar was rocked by a much lighter, less talented Edge.. Lesnar during that era, was also at his prime, in his best shape ever.. and Edge would've won the match, had it not been for Heyman.

All in all, that proves to me - Edge can defeat Lesnar in this situation. Not just because of the surroundings, but also because Edge wasn't even in his prime, didn't weight nearly as much, and didn't hold as much power then - as he does now. People either keep forgetting, or merely don't want to accept those facts.

And as bad as it may or may not sound, Vader for a fat ass - has learned to condition himself a lot better than Lesnar, as an All-American athlete. Watch actual Lesnar matches from his W.W.E stint.. if he goes too long, he gases himself. He tries to use all his power instantly, and wears himself down. Also, going back to the Lesnar/Edge match (again - as I will a lot, you'll see) Edge took his punishment - and gave it back. Lesnar gassed himself, then Edge took advantage.

How do YOU think that'd work now.. with a smarter, more opportunistic version of Edge? My guess is Edge would see the opening, seize the opportunity and win the match. Regardless if Barbwire or 2 outta 3 falls were involved.

I'm just wondering, but how in the world did Raven get over looked? Especially in the land of the extreme, where he owns? He would dispatch of Edge much in the same fashion as he would've any other opponent, by use of every weapon known to man, to include either, barbwire, fire, tables. Whatever. He would also use the Ravens Nest / Flock. He would use good ol fashion trickery such as faking an injury, and making Edge go through the entire Raven's Nest until he got to him. And he would use life against Edge, sorta like how he brainwashed Sandman's son against him for months. Plus, he was a 27 time WWE Hardcore Champion, the most reigns of anyone. And he gets over looked in ECW Region? Do you guys even watch wrestling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back