ECW: Toronto Sub-Regional

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Come in here to discuss the Toronto Sub-Regional of the ECW Region, headlined by the Rated R Superstar Edge, remember Extreme rules apply.

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Toronto, ON
3. "The Rated R Superstar" Edge
62. Gene Kiniski

30. "The World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry
35. Ricky Morton

14. Raven
51. Hillbilly Jim

19. "The Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers
46. Colt Cabana

6. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
59. Mistico

27. Hernandez
38. Killer Kowalski

11. "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage
54. Chris Hero

22. Stan Hansen
43. Papa Shango/The Godfather

Round 2:
Toronto, ON.

3. Edge
30. Mark Henry

14. Raven
19. Buddy Rogers

6. Ricky Steamboat
38. Killer Kowalski

11. Christian Cage
22. Stan Hansen

Round 3.
Toronto, ON.

3. Edge
14. Raven

6. Ricky Steamboat
11. Christian Cage

You all see it coming. You all know you want to see it. The showdown that has never gotten the proper chance to happen: Ricky Steamboat vs. Edge. The ultimate face vs. the ultimate heel. How do you go wrong here? Screw Christian. He's nothing compared to Steamboat. Ricky was one of the best faces of all time and has some tryly amazing wars in the ring. You put him against Edge in a classic war, and Edge will win, but damn it'll be fun to watch.

This should be a really good match. Ricky and Edge could have an amazing feud put in Christian as a tweener and anything can happen. No one is really at a disadvantage here because they are in the ECW region. Edge should come out on top tho, being the ultimate opportunist and he is also the hardcore champion. Should be good tho.

Damn, two of the Canadian shows are getting brothers in them. Although one one of the shows is actual brothers, Christian and Edge are like brothers. But Christian has no chance over Edge here. Edge and Steamboat will be a great match. Both men had great careers without being the strongest or most powerful wrestlers, but they both have great skills, and great speed here. I have to give Edge the extra point here, because he has proven to be good in the world of ECW.

I cannot disagree with Edge vs Steamboat in finals. Christian seems too generic for ECW, and could lose out to an ECW original as early as round 1.

Steamboat vs Edge would be amazing though. If this wasn't in an ECW ring, I'd even give Steamboat some kind of an edge (pardon the pun), but this IS ECW. This IS Hardcore, and Edge excels in hardcore. He rules Tables, Ladders, and Chairs, and when this happens Steamboat is out of his league.

Thus, I think Edge takes this.

Edge v. Steamboat...Great face v. Great heel....This would be a matchup for the ages. I want to say Steamboat wins here but being the Ultimate Opportunist and this being in a ECW ring I think Edge would find a way to win. I don't think the hometown crowd will be much of a factor since Cena has beaten Edge in his hometown. If this was in the WWE region I would more likely to pick Steamboat but Edge will come out the survivor at the end.

I think Edge is going to take this quite easily. Along with Vader, he is the home-town seed in the ECW section that is known for hardcore style matches. It is feasible that he would lose to Christian or Steamboat if the gimmick suited them better than it did Edge.

Steamboat retired long before the hardcore wrestling boom in the mid 90s, so I have to think he could come unstuck either in the first two rounds, or against Christian who made his name in gimmick tag team matches, with weapons that are very common in ECW. You have to also consider that Christian would have home field advantage against Steamboat if they did face each other.

All things considered, I'm expecting Edge to advance, beating Christian quite convincingly when the tournament reaches Philadelphia.

Christian should do well here, but he may not be able to overcome the pure wrestling ability of Steamboat here. If he can get him out of the ring, and turn this into a true ECW match-up. He still doesn't go over Edge, although I'd give my left nut to see this happen in the ECW Arena.

Steamboat should go over Christian, if he can keep the match contained to the ring. It's been proven by Jerry Lynn, Lance Storm, and (at times) Tazz, that you don't need a weapon to win in ECW. His skills are dominant over these two, and should be over pretty much anybody else that lands here. He won't beat Edge though. Not in ECW, and certainly not in Canada. Even if he somehow wins, I don't know how he'd fare in any of the possible gimmick matches. He's just not built for a long run here.

Edge is starting to look stronger than ever. His reputation as the Ultimate Opportunist will be his biggest advantage here, and he should be able to have his way with Christian or Steamboat to advance into the gimmick match-ups. The only way I see Edge going down before he faces one of the other 2, is if he comes up against an ECW legend like Dreamer or Sandman. He's a better wrestler, but it'd be awfully tough to beat them at the game they created.

This HArdcore environment will suit Edge well, and give him some wins over wrestlers he otherwise might have a little difficulty with, namely Ricky Steamboat. In TNA, Christian could be a favorite, but he seems just a little out of place in old school ECW, and one match against an Extreme Original could see Capt. Charisma get bounced out of this thing earlier than expected.

I'm hoping that Christian will go over Steamboat. I'm really looking forward to Edge against Christian.

No one knows Christian better than Edge, and vice versa. It'd be comparable to Shawn Michaels against Chris Jericho from WrestleMania 19. They knew every one of the other's moves. It was impossible to tell who would win. This would be as good, if not better, than Owen and Bret.

Edge is Bret Hart; Christian is Owen Hart. While Edge would be the heavy favorite, we all know what happened at Wrestlemania 10.

Christian like Edge is a great gimmick wrestler, to say that he'll get knocked out by some ECW original is ridicolous. Christian destroyed Rhino in a TNA street fight, and beat Abyss too. There is barely anyone from the ECW orginals who would go over Rhyno, so what chance do they have against Cage?

Christian probably is the underdog here so far.
But if there's one thing we've learned about him, NEVER count him out. Don't forget, he has a win against Sting in a TNA title match which Abyss was also involved in, so he could easily come out on top here.

This is a rather interesting section. Christian vs Steamboat will prove interesting in the fact that Christian is actually under-rated in hardcore matches. Dragon on the other hand is more than capable to counter him and it'll be close.

Either of these guys vs Edge will make for an explosive final section just because of the 'Tag partners collide' or Face vs Heel approach to it. I think Edge'll take it on the popularity vote, but Steamboat should NOT be taken lightly

Edge vs. Christian would be a great final. It's not going to happen though, Steamboat deserves to get to the finals of this region, although he won't go any further. Edge is great at the Hardcore stuff, and is great at the other side of things. He's the greatest heel in wrestling history.

Everyone else is thinking the same, Ricky vs Edge. Christian was never as good as Edge, and never will be, we can discount him. \were going to have, as klunder says the ultimate face vs the ultimate heel. However, Canadian crowds are famed for cheering heel canadians over face americans so what an atmosphere that match will generate.

The addition of Raven to this bracket has given us by far the most interesting groupings of all. Potentially in the third round you are going to see Christian v. Steamboat and Edge v. Raven.

In a WWE ring, the outcomes would be a foregone conclusion, but in ECW, Raven and Christian could quite easily slip through the net. Let's not forget that Raven held the ECW title twice and the WWF Hardcore title a whopping 27 times, so this is his home. In addition, he was no stranger to success in more straight laced titles, holding the NWA title in TNA and the US title in WCW.

Wow. Raven has been added to the bracket, this will be more interesting. I think that it could either be Edge winning cause not only does he have enough experience in gimmick matches but also has the hometown advantage, Christian could win cause of the same reasons as Edge or Raven could win it cause his experience in Hardcore matches speaks for itself & also he is a good straight up wrestler as he is the only wrestler to have held gold in ECW, WCW, WWE & TNA.

Raven may have just became the most dangerrous man in this sub region. He is tougher than nails and could handle any punishment given out. Him vs Edge could be a hardcore fans dream. Being an ECW Original will give him the crowd advantage. You know he will come with a plethora of weapons to the ring so his matches arent going to be any technical masterpiece. He poses a threat to Edge in this sub region.

Edge could be in serious trouble now. A lot of us remember Raven from WCW or TNA or heaven forbid WWF. He was at his absolute best in ECW. His in ring work was solid and he would have the Nest behind him. That's a formidible group to say the least. Throw that in and the ECW faithful, not to mention the weapons, and I could very easily see Edge bounced.

My favorite to win this was Edge, figuring he'd win a good fight with Christian. Forget all that.

Evenflow DDT is the perfcet reversal for Edge's spear. Raven is at home in ECW, and seems to enjoy receiving pain, as much as he likes dishing it out. There's not a weapon Edge could use that would slow Raven down in an ECW match.

Edge will keep the fight interesting, but I don't think he'll win. The match would probably start out as a wrestling match, ehich Edge would win easily. But, once he gets Raven frustrated, and he steps out of the ring for a chair, table, 2x4, or wooden cross, Edge is done. Edge obviously has more fans, but the fact that Raven is an ECW Original really plays to his favor.

Edge may have just been fucked.. hard and violently.

RAVEN
[youtube]3cxtv9CuOhs[/youtube]​

Raven couldn't of drawn a better region, in a better sub-region. He's without question made a strong name for himself in the land of extreme, and is one of few men to survive the barbaric match that is the barbwire match.

Edge might be the Ultimate Opportunist, but he'll have more than his hands full against the sadestic, pain loving, Raven.

I have to admit, long before Edge was known, Raven was my 2nd all-time favorite wrestler. I'll definately be backing either guy. I'll always back Edge first, and I do believe Edge can find a way to squeeze out a victory, but it won't be easy.

I hope Raven gets the respect he deserves through votes though, as a lot of people might not vote for Raven based on his work everywhere else.

My favorite to win this was Edge, figuring he'd win a good fight with Christian. Forget all that.

I can't see how everyone assumed Christian to begin with. Edge was the more violent of the two, and the more innovative with gimmicks. Christian's the better technical wrestler, but way out of his league in a strictly violent environment, such as E.C.W.

At least Edge has more experience in violent matches. Christian against Steamboat is in Christian's favor due to fans and his T.L.C. matches, as I don't know Steamboat for anything "extreme", but that isn't to say he couldn't go.

Evenflow DDT is the perfcet reversal for Edge's spear.

Raven was never quick enough to stop a spear with a DDT. Raven's counter to the spear would be just like anyone else, to simply get out of the way, then hit the Evenflow.

But once again, that's if Raven can get out of the way quick enough. AS I say yet again, Raven was never known for speed.

Raven is at home in ECW, and seems to enjoy receiving pain, as much as he likes dishing it out.

This is the part that gets to me. Raven is as bad ass as they come. He enjoyed receiving and giving pain, yet he isn't unstoppable and has even come to lose to guy's like Terry Funk, well beyond his prime. (granted with slight Dreamer help)

The thing here is, Edge will give Raven as much pain as he wants. And Raven's incredible endurance to pain isn't going to stop him from being pinned via a roll-up, or a sudden spear.

There's not a weapon Edge could use that would slow Raven down in an ECW match.

The one thing I've always thought odd about Raven, is his weakness is his own finisher. Tommy Dreamer never defeated Raven until their final match in E.C.W.. in which Dreamer did everything he could, yet couldn't put Raven away.. until he hit his own version of the Evenflow (Dreamer DDT) to win.

Everyone needs to remember, Edge has a DDT of his own. Infact, it won him a couple Intercontinental Championships. So on that note, Edge could very well hold the one "weakness" that Raven can't seem to get away from.

Edge will keep the fight interesting, but I don't think he'll win.

Be Optimistic. McMahon once won the Royal Rumble, by eliminating Steve Austin. Anything is possible.

The match would probably start out as a wrestling match, ehich Edge would win easily. But, once he gets Raven frustrated, and he steps out of the ring for a chair, table, 2x4, or wooden cross, Edge is done.

You say that as if Edge can't stand pain. This is the same individual who was tore open and apart by Mick Foley, and barbwire. Not to mention handled Shawn Michaels in street fights, went toe-to-toe with the Undertaker in Hell's playground, and is the king of T.L.C.

Edge might not have as much experience using weapons as Raven, but he's hardly "done" from it.

Edge obviously has more fans, but the fact that Raven is an ECW Original really plays to his favor.

Agreed. On both accounts. Edge's fan base might play a part, when even as an Edge fan I believe that's wrong.. but then again, several individuals in this tournament will get boosted by fan support when they shouldn't. So who cares. :lmao:

Raven definately drew a great spot here. But in the end, if he's lucky enough to do anything.. he'll never get beyond Steve Austin, Vader, or Brock Lesnar. As the "fans" won't allow it.

Raven had a wonderful draw, the man was a fucking nut, and I believe he could take htis sub region. Raven was hardcore, the Man can take a beating, and basically this draw fucked everything up. I believe Edge will come out on top, but it won't be without a fight from Raven. Edge has a bigger fan base on this board, and that alone should get him over. This region is interesting, Steamboat and Christian should be good, hopefully Christian prevails, but I wouldn't count out Steamboat. Anyways, we should be in for a real surprise, and this region shouldn't disappoint us.

Raven definately drew a great spot here. But in the end, if he's lucky enough to do anything.. he'll never get beyond Steve Austin, Vader, or Brock Lesnar. As the "fans" won't allow it.

I don't think he'd get past Vader, or a few other guys already listed in ECW, but I think he can go over Austin, especially if he can go over Edge.

Raven and Austin may have a good brawl, but Raven is smarter, and would definitely turn it into a wrestling match, which he would win. The use of weapons would aid him well also, so I don't think Austin would give him too much of a problem. Vader would go over because of his strength and size. He'd also be the faster man, as you said yourself, Raven is slow.

Raven may be an ECW original but he isn't going to beat Edge. Christian will also go out to The dragon leaving us with a brutal match of epic proportions. edge WILL win but only because he excells at Hardcore more so than steamboat. Spear will earn edge a win

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back