Buddy Rogers vs. Colt Cabana

• Naitch

• Scott Goldman

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in theECW Region under Extreme rules, from Toronto, ON.

#19. "The Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers
Buddy_Rogers-208x257.jpg

vs.

#46. Colt Cabana
cabana.jpg

Somebody talk me in to voting for Cabana please.

I know fuck all about Colt, other than that a lot of people on other websites have some sort of unbridled passion towards the guy.
I want to vote for him anyway, simply because I hate Buddy Rogers.

Rogers was a lazy, petulant, self centred jackass. He refused to tour, he refused to go over twenty minuets. He refused to put effort into matched that he wasn't going to win. He was rude towards legends of the business such as Ed Lewis. And last but not least, the man didn't draw.

All of that taken into account, I'm still left with the rather unfortunate truth that even Lou Thesz admitted that Rogers (when he wasn't phoning it in or pretending to have a heart attack) had talent between to ropes. Also, the man was an NWA champion, and it's hard to argue with that.

If someone can make a case for Colt Cabana then I'll pretend to agree with you, but as things stand I'm going to be forced to vote for Rogers.

EDIT: Just noticed, we're in ECW! Rogers is a fish out of water, no way does he win.

I'll take Cabana here. There's a simple fact that people need to realize: title reigns don't always make you a quality wrestler. Colt was 10x the entertainer that Rogers was. Go out of your way to see some of Colt's ROH stuff. Not only are his matches funny, but they're solid as well. He has the best of both worlds to his game and is remembered for that. Rogers is a name, and that's it. While he was the first WWE Champion, everyone knows that Sammartino, the second champion, is the true father of that title. Cabana is much more entertaining and can wrestle any style you want. Throw in weapons and the old school guy is toast.

As much as he was a prick, I think you have to go Buddy Rogers. Rogers has beaten Lewis, Thesz and Pat O'Connor, and you have to think that Scotty Goldman doesn't really live up to those legends.

Rogers held both the WWE and NWA World Titles, and Cabana hasn't even won the Ring of Honor title. Cabana is hardly a notable hardcore wrestler, so I don't think the hardcore environment wil do him any favours. Rogers wins this with a figure 4.

What has Cabana ever done in a big promotion? *Crickets*. Colt Cabana is so overrated it isn't even funny. Rogers on the other hand was a huge draw, was the Nature Boy before Ric Flair and he would have Cabana tapping like a bitch in no time. I don't care about the ECW environment either. Both are unfamiliar with it, so I am going with an all time great. Rogers was successful everywhere he went, and that is why I am going to vote for him over this no named smark favorite.

Rogers might be somewhat overrated, but Colt Cabana has proven absolutely nothing to me. Rogers had charisma, he had skill and, while he was a bit of a drama queen, he's beaten some of the very best in the history of the business. As far as touring goes, if Vince Sr. would've paid me to stick around the Northeast territory what he'd paid Rogers at the time, I probably wouldn't have toured either. Rogers just simply did what he could to get the most out of it for himself. As far as Rogers' accomplishments, he did beat some of the best and, let's be honest, much of what Ric Flair did with his Nature Boy character was taken from Buddy Rogers. Not all of it, but a good deal of it.

As much as he was a prick, I think you have to go Buddy Rogers. Rogers has beaten Lewis, Thesz and Pat O'Connor, and you have to think that Scotty Goldman doesn't really live up to those legends.

Rogers held both the WWE and NWA World Titles, and Cabana hasn't even won the Ring of Honor title. Cabana is hardly a notable hardcore wrestler, so I don't think the hardcore environment wil do him any favours. Rogers wins this with a figure 4.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Lou Thesz always refused to put Rogers over.

I know Rogers was booked to go over Thesz when Thesz was having to spend the majority of his time fighting Nazis, but on the drive over referred to Ed Lewis as a "Fat ass taking money from my pocket", and instead prompted Thesz to kick his ass for sixty minuets in a draw.

After that I allways thought they just has draws, or Thesz victories, up to the point at which Rogers started refusing to job to anybody, and Thesz had the threaten him with a shoot fight to get the belt off of him.

Was there a match that I've missed out on?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Lou Thesz always refused to put Rogers over.

I know Rogers was booked to go over Thesz when Thesz was having to spend the majority of his time fighting Nazis, but on the drive over referred to Ed Lewis as a "Fat ass taking money from my pocket", and instead prompted Thesz to kick his ass for sixty minuets in a draw.

After that I allways thought they just has draws, or Thesz victories, up to the point at which Rogers started refusing to job to anybody, and Thesz had the threaten him with a shoot fight to get the belt off of him.

Was there a match that I've missed out on?

I've never seen the match, but I believe that Buddy Rogers beat Lou Thesz for the Texas Heavyweight Championship. Wikipedia says that the date the title changed hands was May 10, 1946 in Houston, but it doesn't say in what circumstances. Sorry if I'm wrong, you know far more about this than I do, but I assumed in good faith having seen they both held that particular title and delving deeper.

I need a bath. I voted for Cabana...

Rogers is a legend, and it ends there. I wanted to vote for him, but if even Gelgarin can't convince me to, it's got to go to Cabana. He won't go far, and will probably get crushed in Round 2, but he;ll at least win here.

Colt Cabana is the man. Dude is super entertaining and always gets a good laugh out of me. But even with the edition of weapons I'm reluctantly voting for Rogers. Though I'll be pulling for Colt.

Colt Cabana/Scotty Goldman/Whatever his name is sucks major ass. I also heard so much praise for this guy on other sites, and then I saw him debut on Smackdown! and I was like "What is this shit?" Then, I asked if WWE had toned down his character or if he was always this unfunny, and I got nothing but nasty replies calling my sense of humor into question.

The fact of the matter is this: Cabana sucks in the ring, and he is nowhere near as funny as people think he is. He really should be nothing more than a curtain jerker in CHIKARA.

And, all I need to know about Cabana's opponent is that he has been significant in some way, and Rogers is definitely significant.

Pick: Rogers

This is ridiculous, you all voted for this no name who hasn't done a damn thing in professional wrestling, over an all time great in Rogers? That makes no sense, he is a several time champion and was a huge draw in his day. Goldman on the other hand is a nobody, never accomplished a damn thing and you are voting him over a man who has done a lot more. Makes no sense to me.

Just noticed, we're in ECW! Rogers is a fish out of water, no way does he win.
How hard is it to pick up a weapon?

Rogers should win this match in less than five minutes.. This is absurd.

Why has Cabana gotten any votes? I don't care how entertaining you are, it doesn't mean anything if you don't win matches. The most prestigious title he has won is the ROH tag titles. Rogers has held the WWWF title and the NWA title. Cabana has won the equivalent of being one of the conference champions in the Arena Football League compared to Rogers who has won the equivalent of the Super Bowl in the NFL.

Rogers notable wins- Ed Lewis, Lew Thesz, and Pat O'Connor. All three are legends and in this tournament.

Cabana notable wins- ..................................... none.

And don't bring this bullshit about it being ECW so Rogers will lose because of the weapons involved. Any idiot can beat somebody over the head with a chair. That doesn't change anything.

I voted for Buddy Rogers as well because I cant see what the big deal is about Colt Cabana, my old school isnt terrific but even I know that Rogers was one of the greats and you cant even compare Cabana's/Godman's acheivements to his, he's a former world champion and has beaten some of the greats. Cabana has done fuck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back