ECW Regular Wrestling Match: Brock Lesnar vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

ECW Rules Match - Jushin Liger vs Brock Lesnar

• Thunder

• Next Big Thing

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a reason that Liger can win, and it has nothing to do with shitting on the business, John Cena, or anything like that.

Two things I see going against Lesnar in this match, inexperience and overconfidence.

Like he has probably done for this whole tournament, Lesnar will go into this match assuming victory before it starts. Liger isn't an imposing figure to look at and Lesnar will think that he can destroy him just like he did Jeff Hardy, Elix Skipper and others. There is a problem though, Liger is a hell of a lot better than those guys.

The fact that Lesnar only wrestled for 2 years compared to Liger who wrestled 10 times as long is also a factor. Liger has seen almost every situation possible in his matches and has faced a wider variety of more diverse opponents than Lesnar.

What is this all leading to in the end? Something that Liger could use to keep Lesnar down for 3 seconds, a roll up. Brock is sure to get cocky after throwing Liger around the ring for a little bit, and one false move could lead to a quick school boy and a win for Liger.

One more reason that Lesnar should go over here is that Jushin Liger has had to go through matches with Batista and Shawn Michaels in a hardcore environment. That has to take a toll on his body. Brock Lesnar has rolled in his matches, destroying Elix Skipper, Magnum TA, and Jeff Hardy.

All the more reason that Lesnar will be overconfident in this match. Liger will be on top of his game after competing against such high quality opponents. Lesnar will be rusty and unprepared.

All the more reason that Lesnar will be overconfident in this match. Liger will be on top of his game after competing against such high quality opponents. Lesnar will be rusty and unprepared.

He will be in no way rusty. Magnum TA was a top class competitor before his car accident and would have been a good pre-game meal. Then he beat Jeff Hardy, someone comparative in size and speed to Liger. Consider that the pre-game shoot-around. Now, he's on to the game. Lesnar will be ready. He'll be focused.

Wait, I thought he squashed them? You are just flip flopping here. If they are great competitors, surely Lesnar will be worn out too.

Even if Liger is tired, the roll up will win it.

Then he beat Jeff Hardy, someone comparative in size and speed to Liger.

Jeff Hardy is comparable in size to Liger, but not speed. Liger is way faster than Jeff Hardy. I think a lot of people overestimate Hardy's speed, just because he jumps off of stuff doesn't make him fast. For a crusierweight, Jeff is actually kind of slow. Liger is way faster.

Most of the stuff in here as simply turned from a Brock Lesnar vs. Jushin Thunder Liger match, to a bash Brock for reasons that have nothing to do with this match, in an attempt to get him out of the tournament, and it's really not worth dignifying with a response.

So I'll go onto TDigle, who is the only one at least attempting to make an argument for Liger, by making an argument for Liger as opposed to making an argument of unrelated non wrestling issues to take down Brock Lesnar.

TDigs, I just ask you, does Liger have the high impact move, ora lower leg submission (both things that Brock has been succeptable to in the past) that can take him down in this match?

Again, i'm not going to come in here and bash Liger, because Jushin Liger is fucking phenomenal, so if there is an argument to be made, make it.

I think that the Liger camp is doing a very good job in trying to get Liger the win over Lesnar. But right now I am leaning towards Lesnar. There's still a lot of time to try and convince me to vote for Liger so I might always change my mind.

I think that Lesnar is stronger than Liger and this will help him a lot in this match. He will be able to use his strength to take down Liger and will try and keep him down so that Liger is not able to to his any aerial moves or any other move that Lesnar knows will give Liger an advantage.

If Lesnar can do enough damage to Liger then I say that this match is his, but he has to be very careful because If he makes one little and careless mistake then Liger will catch him on it and capitalize on that mistake.

My vote is on Lesnar but I might be swayed to vote for Liger.

One more reason that Lesnar should go over here is that Jushin Liger has had to go through matches with Batista and Shawn Michaels in a hardcore environment. That has to take a toll on his body. Brock Lesnar has rolled in his matches, destroying Elix Skipper, Magnum TA, and Jeff Hardy.
He will be in no way rusty. Magnum TA was a top class competitor before his car accident and would have been a good pre-game meal. Then he beat Jeff Hardy, someone comparative in size and speed to Liger. Consider that the pre-game shoot-around. Now, he's on to the game. Lesnar will be ready. He'll be focused.
Wait...Liger is tired because he beat Batista and Shawn Michaels, but Lesnar isn't tired when beating a "top class competitor" and a former World Champion?

There's a saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words". I believe I can come up with a picture to define your logic here...

logic.jpg

Most of the stuff in here as simply turned from a Brock Lesnar vs. Jushin Thunder Liger match, to a bash Brock for reasons that have nothing to do with this match, in an attempt to get him out of the tournament, and it's really not worth dignifying with a response.

So I'll go onto TDigle, who is the only one at least attempting to make an argument for Liger, by making an argument for Liger as opposed to making an argument of unrelated non wrestling issues to take down Brock Lesnar.
I take offense to this statement, as the majority of my argument has been towards Liger's greatness, to go along with Lesnar's overratedness.

I think that Lesnar is stronger than Liger and this will help him a lot in this match.
Mark Henry was a lot stronger than the Undertaker, but that didn't stop Taker from winning at Wrestlemania.

He will be able to use his strength to take down Liger and will try and keep him down so that Liger is not able to to his any aerial moves or any other move that Lesnar knows will give Liger an advantage.
Lesnar has never been able to do this in any match, why would he suddenly be able to now?

My vote is on Lesnar but I might be swayed to vote for Liger.
You should vote for Liger. Most people here vote for Lesnar because Liger is from Japan, and because they are brainwashed into thinking that because Lesnar does well in UFC, he could beat one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of the business.

Don't be like them. Vote for quality over inexperience.

I have a reason that Liger can win, and it has nothing to do with shitting on the business, John Cena, or anything like that.

Two things I see going against Lesnar in this match, inexperience and overconfidence.

Like he has probably done for this whole tournament, Lesnar will go into this match assuming victory before it starts. Liger isn't an imposing figure to look at and Lesnar will think that he can destroy him just like he did Jeff Hardy, Elix Skipper and others. There is a problem though, Liger is a hell of a lot better than those guys.

The fact that Lesnar only wrestled for 2 years compared to Liger who wrestled 10 times as long is also a factor. Liger has seen almost every situation possible in his matches and has faced a wider variety of more diverse opponents than Lesnar.

What is this all leading to in the end? Something that Liger could use to keep Lesnar down for 3 seconds, a roll up. Brock is sure to get cocky after throwing Liger around the ring for a little bit, and one false move could lead to a quick school boy and a win for Liger.

Lesnar has destroyed guys like Rock, Flair, Hogan, Undertaker, RVD, Kurt Angle, Mysterio, Big Show, Edge, & Benoit, some of the best in the business, youmake it sound like the dude made career out squashing jobbers, please, Lesanr is more than capable of taking Liger apart, he won't steamroll his way through the match like he did with Hardy and Skipper, but he'll certainly come out the fucking winner, if the fore mentioned names couldn't figure out how score a quick roll up on Lesnar I don't how the fuck you think Liger would

Mark Henry was a lot stronger than the Undertaker, but that didn't stop Taker from winning at Wrestlemania.

You make a good point Sly but I think that The Undertaker being able to overcome Mark Henry's strength comparison shouldn't be used here because the Undertaker and Liger are different wrestlers.

Lesnar has never been able to do this in any match, why would he suddenly be able to now?

Another good point Sly. I now think about that and realize that Lesnar has always been an overly cocky and overly confident performer so he would think that he doesn't need to use his strength early on, but when he would finally realize that he does indeed need to use his strength but it would probably be to late to use it.

You should vote for Liger. Most people here vote for Lesnar because Liger is from Japan, and because they are brainwashed into thinking that because Lesnar does well in UFC, he could beat one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of the business.

I don't think that the fact that he has had a successful career in UFC thus far should come into play for an argument for Lesnar. Reason for this is that we are talking about WWE Lesnar, which came before the UFC Lesnar.

Don't be like them. Vote for quality over inexperience.

I will more than Likely vote Liger now, no as a matter of fact I will vote Liger.But there is still a small possibility that I might vote Lesnar and in order for that to happen it better be a very good argument.

For now the Liger camp has gotten my vote.

You make a good point Sly but I think that The Undertaker being able to overcome Mark Henry's strength comparison shouldn't be used here because the Undertaker and Liger are different wrestlers.

The Undertaker is a phenomenal wrestler. Mark Henry is a jobber. Jushin Liger is not facing a jobber in Brock Lesnar.

Another good point Sly. I now think about that and realize that Lesnar has always been an overly cocky and overly confident performer so he would think that he doesn't need to use his strength early on, but when he would finally realize that he does indeed need to use his strength but it would probably be to late to use it.

Why would Brock Lesnar ever decide to not use his overwhelming strength? That's stupid. In fact, I think it is impossible to not use your strength. What is he going to do? Will he go into the match thinking, "Well, ya know... I have this huge strength advantage over this guy, but meh.. I think I'll try to do flips and such and I'll not just power him around the ring." Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

I don't think that the fact that he has had a successful career in UFC thus far should come into play for an argument for Lesnar. Reason for this is that we are talking about WWE Lesnar, which came before the UFC Lesnar.

We can take into account his NCAA championships in wrestling, though. That proves that Brock Lesnar, if indeed grounded by Jushin Liger, can play that game just as well as our Japanese friend.

I will more than Likely vote Liger now, no as a matter of fact I will vote Liger.But there is still a small possibility that I might vote Lesnar and in order for that to happen it better be a very good argument.

The arguments for Liger have been horrible, save for Tdig's.

For now the Liger camp has gotten my vote.

SheepINGrass1.JPG

PYT-

1) Mark Henry isn't a jobber. He has main evented ppv's, he is a legit force as "The World's Strongest Man". I will give you that he is in no way even close to being as good as Lesnar, but your argument is once again flawed.

2) You completely missed the point of the "overconfident" post. Of course he wouldn't be trying to wrestle an aerial match. There is a long history in pro wrestling of big men who don't come out hard against smaller men. Even Brock, in his match against Eddie, wasn't overly dominant compared to his matches with larger, stronger opponents.

3) No, you cannot take his amateur background into account. If amateur skills had any relevance to the success of a pro wrestler, Charlie Haas would be a main eventer rather than an afterthought.

4) I would say the Lesnar arguments are horrible. There have been few attempts to convince people that Lesnar is that good, it has just been counter attacks on why Liger isn't that good.

5) Calling someone a sheep because you haven't done a good job convincing them of your opinion is poor form.

And How is Lesnar not that good. He's stronger, I daresay faster, he's better on the mic, he's more athletic, he's just as, if not more quick then Liger.

Liger did a lot for the business, but did a lot for the light heavyweight division. Nothing wrong with that at all. However, Brock lesnar came into the main event level of the WWE before the Brand Extension, and mowed everyone down in his path before him. Brock Lesnar was the only wrestler this decade that I gave a shit about. He's the only person that the WWE has produced that made me watch the show he was on faithfullyl, because he was that gifted. Even when he left the WWE, he had good success over seas. It's not like he received the WWE push, and then that push failed like all hell once he left.

Sly will have you think that he is Umaga, but I ask you, how many Royal Rumbles has Umaga won. How many World titles did Koslov win? How many King of the Rings? How many Summerslams or Wrestlemanias did they close out? The argument that Brock was these guys is a piss poor argument, because those guys wish they had 1/8th of the ability and push that Brock got.

On a roster that was loaded with WWE talent, a merger of talent of all of the young WCW guys, and OVW roster filled with guys like John Cena, Randy Orton, Dave Batista, a WWE Main Event roster filled with guys like Hulk Hogan, Triple H, Chris Jericho, The Rock, The Undertaker, Big Show, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair a returning Shawn Michaels, I could go on forever, and guess who was chosen over all of these guys to be the man in the company...Brock Lesnar.

Flash in the pans don't dominate stacked rosters for two years. Umaga, Koslov, their pushes went 9 months before people tired out on them. Brock made it two years with a solid push before he chose to do something else. Every other argument from that point on is what if? Oh well, Brock's push would have ended and he would have leveled out. Bullshit. You don't know that, and I don't know that. It's a bad argument and you know it.

As for Floyd Mayweather fighting you because your bigger, I think Tdigs said that. Come on TDigs, are you a trained fighter? Brock Lesnar was a trained professional, maybe not as polished in the end, but he was still damn good enough to beat everyone that was placed in front of him. Floyd Mayweather, like Jushin Liger, is one of the best pound for pound in the ring, but If Mike Tyson was standing on the opposite side of the ring from Money mayweather, my money is on the right hook of Iron Mike. A good big man beats a great small man 9 times out of 10, the problem is, Brock Lesnar isn't good, he's great.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster, just as fit cardio wise, meaner, more dominate. Brock Lesnar wins this match.

Actually, I'm hardly clutching at straws.

You are.

But, I wouldn't expect anything of substance from you, seeing as how your arguments hardly ever consist of anything more than a Horse Laugh, or an appeal to ridicule.

What's a horse laugh?

Moreover, there's nothing here really that says anything about why Brock Lesnar should go over Liger.

So you just ignored the part where I said about how you can show where Lesnar had moderate difficulty against smaller men but Liger has often lost to bottom of the barrel wrestlers in the States? I would've repeated the information about Lesnar being stronger, faster and, indeed, capable of smothering Liger, but I thought that it was getting used and then ignored too often.

So, I tell you that RVD could have beat Lesnar with strikes, and you say, "Come on!"? If this was a slap in the face to common sense like you seem to think it is, then I would have people jumping on me left and right.

Well, no. Not really. You wouldn't have, would you?

Point was, when has RVD ever defeated anyone using only strikes? He may well have a couple of times in some obscure ECW matches, but he certainly hadn't in his WWE career, and couldn't have defeated Lesnar that way. Hence why he climbed the top rope, because going there was the only way he ever earned a victory.

I'll give it some more time, but something tells me you're deluding yourself into thinking that what I have to say is absurd.

'Tis.

Didn't you tell me once that I should argue why Muta should go over Samoa Joe, and didn't I then proceed to show you a match that showed Muta not only beating someone of Joe's build and caliber, but also why he is one of the greatest heels in the history of professional wrestling?

Did you? I remember waiting for a response for what was maybe a day, then not bothering to check back after that. I certainly don't remember that post.

I've stepped up to the plate numerous times here to make my case. And, I will continue to do so with Liger. But, if you want to go at it with me in here, please present an argument, rather than unjustified mockery disguised as an argument.

Most the time I post I get a response from you like "Oh my God, look who's being sarcastic again." You the stretch it for several paragraphs. There was that one time where I wasn't even sarcastic. I double checked. You had been though.

[youtube]q2X8Jnu43[/youtube]

I dont know, did this video come up?

Anyway, this is RVD beating Brock Lesnar clean, during Brock Lesnars huge KOTR winning, Rock/Undertaker beating, Royal Rumble winning push, even Heyman knows he's beat, which is why he pulls the ref out of the ring. Then later on the only thing that stops Lesnar's face from becoming even more ugly is once again, Paul Heyman.

Basically, Lesnar is and always has been susceptable to talented smaller, quick guys, RVD had this match won despite making stupid mistakes throughout the entire thing. Jushin Liger doesnt make stupid mistakes and possesses the high-flying and striking skills of RVD, as well as a great technical game.

Still not sure which way to go, but I think it's an interesting case for Liger.

I offer for your consideration the following match, where Brock defends his IWGP Title against Shinsuke Nakamura.
[youtube]3SSTaUM6Yrc[/youtube]
[youtube]AGZtWzlxE-o[/youtube]
The match actually starts around the 8:19 point of part one. Now, I won't suggest that Nakamura is at the same level as Liger, but I offer this as an example of Brock working a match in Japan against a competitor who would work a similar style to Liger. And Nakamura isn't exactly a jobber, he is a two-time IWGP champion who won his second title from none other than Kurt Angle. His first title reign began in 2003, and he was the youngest wrestler to ever win the IWGP title. He gets in some impressive offense on Lesnar, but never seems to have a legitimate chance to beat him. The second part shows the majority of the match. Around the 5:00 mark Nakamura seems to take control, hitting a top rope dropkick that Lesnar just rolls out from, hitting a German suplex that Lesnar gets back to a knee immediately after. At about the 5:41 mark Shinsuke locks on a submission hold on the mat, Lesnar picks him up and throws him off.

Vote Lesnar.

Why I will personally be voting Jushin Thunder Liger:
  • Kayfabe-wise I honestly believe Liger has a complete and unique enough set of tools to beat Brock Lesnar. I'm not naive enough to think he would/could beat him every time, but enough times that I feel my vote is justified.
  • Along these lines I think the Hardcore environment definitely favors Liger as he has great experience in these matches and when working his Black Liger heel gimmick or his Kishin gimmick is more brutal, unforgiving, and takes it to the level he would need to to beat the green monster Brock Lesnar.
  • Non-Kayfabe I respect what Jushin Liger has done for the business a lot more than what Lesnar has(n't) done for it.
  • He's my favorite foreign/Japanese pro-wrestler and has been for more than fifteen years.
  • Fan wise I have been vastly more entertained as a pro-wrestling fan by the Liger matches I've seen than the Lesnar matches I've seen. The few times I did enjoy Lesnar matches it's because he was being carried by the guy in the opposite corner. And yes I'm one of the "smarky" New Yorkers who boo'd and taunted both Goldberg and Lesnar live at Wrestlemania 20, and it was some of the most fun I've ever had at a wrestling show.
If this is to determine the best Pro Wrestler ever I'm giving my vote to the one who has done more for the business, is the better worker, personally entertained me more; who I've spent money/time on seeing live by driving to other states for, who I've bought numerous tapes and later DVDs of; and not the guy who bored me to tears, perpetually made me want to change the channel, and kept my wallet closed.
MSPaintLiger.jpg

I don't have enough "real" posts to have a fancy sig so here's a MS Paint Liger instead

Lesnar has destroyed guys like Rock, Flair, Hogan, Undertaker, RVD, Kurt Angle, Mysterio, Big Show, Edge, & Benoit, some of the best in the business

Yes, but he has also lost to some of these guys, as well as Eddie Guerrero. I truly believe that Liger is as good as or better all of these guys and would have a very good chance of beating Lesnar.

youmake it sound like the dude made career out squashing jobbers,

No, but that's what he has been doing for the last 3 weeks of this tournament, and I believe that he will be rusty and off of his game. I also think that while he may have faced those big names, Liger has faced even more big names many times in his career. I think that his experience definetly gives him an edge.

please, Lesanr is more than capable of taking Liger apart,
he won't steamroll his way through the match like he did with Hardy and Skipper,

Lesnar knows that he has all of the tools to go into the match and beat Liger. I think he will be overconfident and that will hurt him. Much like the Lesnar supporters, who've admitted they've "half-assed" the matches so far, I believe Brock has done so too. He will certainly think that he can do the same thing facing someone like Liger.

but he'll certainly come out the fucking winner,

No, he won't.

if the fore mentioned names couldn't figure out how score a quick roll up on Lesnar I don't how the fuck you think Liger would

Because I think that Liger is an infinitely better and more experienced wrestler than any of the people who Lesnar has faced thus far in the tournament, and he would be smart enough to realize that a roll up would be his best chance of defeated a cocky Lesnar.

Yes, but he has also lost to some of these guys, as well as Eddie Guerrero.

Seriously, people need to stop bringing this up. People were lucky if they got up from Goldberg's spear alone; Lesnar had had a match before it and then got frog splashed.

I truly believe that Liger is as good as or better all of these guys and would have a very good chance of beating Lesnar.

And I reckon Lesnar is a notch or two above Flyin' Brian Pillman.

I think that his experience definetly gives him an edge.

You'd think so, but no. Experience rarely gives someone an advantage in professional wrestling. If anything, the opposite is true. I mean, Lesnar is living, breathing proof of that. I'm not sure if he ever had a match against someone with less experience than him, and devastated experienced legends in their home environments - The Undertaker springs to mind.

Lesnar knows that he has all of the tools to go into the match and beat Liger. I think he will be overconfident and that will hurt him.

You might have a point, if not an incredibly solid one. Lesnar had an ego alright, but he rarely - if ever - made silly mistakes. He proved time and time again that his ego was justified.

Because I think that Liger is an infinitely better and more experienced wrestler than any of the people who Lesnar has faced thus far in the tournament, and he would be smart enough to realize that a roll up would be his best chance of defeated a cocky Lesnar.

I didn't use the roll up argument for AJ vs. Triple H. I could have, but I refrained.

Seriously, people need to stop bringing this up. People were lucky if they got up from Goldberg's spear alone; Lesnar had had a match before it and then got frog splashed.

I'm just making saying it was someone Lesnar lost to. It wasn't clean, but it was a loss nonetheless.

And I reckon Lesnar is a notch or two above Flyin' Brian Pillman.

Yes, but I still think Liger is good enough to beat him. He has the ability to play up to the level of his competition, as well as play down to the level of his competition, like against Pillman.

You'd think so, but no. Experience rarely gives someone an advantage in professional wrestling.

I would strongly disagree. The more matches you have, the more situations you've been in, and the more ready you will be to deal with them when they happen again.

If anything, the opposite is true.

I don't see how inexperience would ever be a advantage.

I mean, Lesnar is living, breathing proof of that. I'm not sure if he ever had a match against someone with less experience than him, and devastated experienced legends in their home environments - The Undertaker springs to mind.

Yes, but that is when there was very little known about him. After two years of wrestling he wouldn't have a ton of experience, yet there would be enough for Liger to study to get prepared for the match.

You might have a point, if not an incredibly solid one. Lesnar had an ego alright, but he rarely - if ever - made silly mistakes. He proved time and time again that his ego was justified.

I agree that his ego was justified, he had a ton of talent. However, I can see him letting up for a couple of seconds or making that one mistake that would allow Liger to capitilize.

I didn't use the roll up argument for AJ vs. Triple H. I could have, but I refrained.

You should have used it. It is a valid argument and is one of the most likely ways that a man like Liger could defeat a man like Lesnar.

I'm just making saying it was someone Lesnar.

Lol. What?

It wasn't clean, but it was a loss nonetheless.

True, but since it wasn't clean, it's not relevant - unless you're suggesting Goldberg comes out and spears Lesnar in this match as well. Of course, you're not.

Yes, but I still think Liger is good enough to beat him. He has the ability to play up to the level of his competition, as well as play down to the level of his competition, like against Pillman.

You know what Ryu's special power from Street Fighter is? To bring out the best in his opponent. Terrible ability. The man gets consistently owned.

I would strongly disagree. The more matches you have, the more situations you've been in, and the more ready you will be to deal with them when they happen again.

Lesnar had never been in a Hell in a Cell match before. However, he managed to leave a dent in The Undertaker's head, catch him in mid-air, hoist him onto his shoulders, hit the F-5 and still had enough energy left over at the end to climb the cell and celebrate.

I don't see how inexperience would ever be a disadvantage.

Precisely.

Yes, but that is when there was very little known about him. After two years of wrestling he wouldn't have a ton of experience, yet there would be enough for Liger to study to get prepared for the match.

Then Lesnar's just lucky to have an opponent that has such an extensive back catalogue of matches to study up on?

You should have used it. It is a valid argument and is one of the most likely ways that a man like Liger could defeat a man like Lesnar.

I think it's pretty cheap, to be honest.

A better argument is that Lesnar hoists Liger onto his shoulders and, showing incredible power, hits a triple power bomb, as he's been known to do.

True, but since it wasn't clean, it's not relevant - unless you're suggesting Goldberg comes out and spears Lesnar in this match as well. Of course, you're not.

No, I'm just suggesting that Lesnar doesn't automatically win every match because he is the most talented.

You know what Ryu's special power from Street Fighter is? To bring out the best in his opponent. Terrible ability. The man gets consistently owned.

Liger plays up to the level of his opponent, he doesn't bring out the best in them. I'm saying that Liger would be able to at least match up with Lesnar in this match, and likely beat him.

Lesnar had never been in a Hell in a Cell match before. However, he managed to leave a dent in The Undertaker's head, catch him in mid-air, hoist him onto his shoulders, hit the F-5 and still had enough energy left over at the end to climb the cell and celebrate.

This isn't a Hell in a Cell match against the Undertaker.

Then Lesnar's just lucky to have an opponent that has such an extensive back catalogue of matches to study up on?

Lesnar doesn't strike me as a studier. I don't think he'd have the patience to watch too many of Liger's matches.

I think it's pretty cheap, to be honest.

All's fair in love and the WZ Tourney.

A better argument is that Lesnar hoists Liger onto his shoulders and, showing incredible power, hits a triple power bomb, as he's been known to do.

He'd have to catch him and wear him down first, it's not as easy as it sounds.

No, I'm just suggesting that Lesnar doesn't automatically win every match because he is the most talented.

Then why does he automatically win every match? His superior power? His unsettling sadism? His incredible good looks?

This isn't a Hell in a Cell match against the Undertaker.

No, it's not. I was using as an example to show that Lesnar has faced experienced legends on an uneven footing and still come out with convincing wins. Against Liger, on an even footing... you see where I'm going with this.

Lesnar doesn't strike me as a studier. I don't think he'd have the patience to watch too many of Liger's matches.

Liger doesn't strike me as a studier either. The dude comes out dressed like a rainbow. Besides, wrestlers rarely adapt their match strategies, no matter who they're facing. If Liger's been watching up on some of the guys he's lost to, he's forgotten to go over his notes.

He'd have to catch him and wear him down first, it's not as easy as it sounds.

Well, it's not as hard as it sounds either, unless Liger is planning on directly legging it away from Lesnar as soon as the match begins. Even then...

Then why does he automatically win every match? His superior power? His unsettling sadism? His incredible good looks?

They may help him win most matches, but his overconfidnce and inexperience may cost him a few.

No, it's not. I was using as an example to show that Lesnar has faced experienced legends on an uneven footing and still come out with convincing wins. Against Liger, on an even footing... you see where I'm going with this.

Yes, and it's a valid point. However, I think that Jushin Liger is completely differnt than the Undertaker.

Liger doesn't strike me as a studier either. The dude comes out dressed like a rainbow. Besides, wrestlers rarely adapt their match strategies, no matter who they're facing. If Liger's been watching up on some of the guys he's lost to, he's forgotten to go over his notes.

I don't think he'd adapt his whole strategy, but he may be able to pick up on a few little things of Lesnar's that he can capitilize on.

Well, it's not as hard as it sounds either, unless Liger is planning on directly legging it away from Lesnar as soon as the match begins. Even then...

I know that Lesnar is certainly capable of hitting Liger with a powerbomb, but Liger is just as capable of rolling up and eager Lesnar or hitting a Liger Bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back