Echelon's Mini Game: Defeat Sailor Moon and win cool prizes

Here are the winners of Round 3. Congratulations to those that won.

Gelgarin – Rincewind the Wizzard – WZCW feedback
Kotre Ibushimix – Ren Tao – WZCW feedback [Redemption]
The Mission – Squirrel Girl - green rep
Awesome Miz – Aries Mu – WZCW feedback

Round 4 may be on hold while I finish my RP among other stuff tomorrow. Worst case scenario we'll finish this up on Thursday. A big thank you goes out to those that have participated so far.

If we're starting, my pick is not Ren Tao. Instead I'm going with Gauis Sextus of the Codex Alera series of books.

I'll need to see some of his feats.

I only need one. But first, I need to arm myself with a quote from Sailor Cosmos herself, and put the feat into context.

In the world of Codex Alera, people are able to manipulate the elements. However, these give them additional abilities. Earthcrafters can make people horny, metalcrafters can suppress pain and memories. Most of them are irrelevent here. However, watercrafters are highly empathic, and firecrafters can increase fear.

Now for the quote.

Sailor Cosmos said:
I am a coward who ran away from where I should have been.

My feat is Gaius Sextus using firecrafting to make an entire army of 6,000 non-cowardly people do one of two things. Piss themselves and run away, and piss themselves and die of sheer fright. The former would count as incapacitation as their fear (and newfound geographical location) makes them unable to fight. The latter is obvious.

Sailor Cosmos is a coward, Sextus would be able to sense that as he is a powerful watercrafter and he uses his immense firecrafting powers to exploit that. If he can kill or incapacitate 6,000 people at once via fear, imagine what he'd do to one cowardly girl in a sailor suit.

Lets keep it simple.

Shiva. Wins via destroying the universe.

Show me a feat; and I've got to make she's not an omnipotent and I'll let you pass.

Everyone hold on for about two hours, I've got to take of some stuff this afternoon and I will be back.

Err... Shiva is a dude Ech.

Feat wise he pretty much only has one. The ability to destroy the universe.

I only need one. But first, I need to arm myself with a quote from Sailor Cosmos herself, and put the feat into context.

In the world of Codex Alera, people are able to manipulate the elements. However, these give them additional abilities. Earthcrafters can make people horny, metalcrafters can suppress pain and memories. Most of them are irrelevent here. However, watercrafters are highly empathic, and firecrafters can increase fear.

Now for the quote.

My feat is Gaius Sextus using firecrafting to make an entire army of 6,000 non-cowardly people do one of two things. Piss themselves and run away, and piss themselves and die of sheer fright. The former would count as incapacitation as their fear (and newfound geographical location) makes them unable to fight. The latter is obvious.

Sailor Cosmos is a coward, Sextus would be able to sense that as he is a powerful watercrafter and he uses his immense firecrafting powers to exploit that. If he can kill or incapacitate 6,000 people at once via fear, imagine what he'd do to one cowardly girl in a sailor suit.

Let me clarify something; Sailor Cosmos ran away after not only stalemating Sailor Chaos, but after she killed all of her allies. Sailor Cosmos stated that she could win, but the cost would likely be complete annihilation of the galaxy.

I could buy Sailor Cosmos running away in fear, but only if her opponent has enough power to do so. Can Sextus destroy galaxies with his power? If not she's not going to be impressed.

Err... Shiva is a dude Ech.

Feat wise he pretty much only has one. The ability to destroy the universe.

Can you show me an example of this feat? If it's a book just copy and write a passage. Asking for proof of feat isn't a hard request.

Let me clarify something; Sailor Cosmos ran away after not only stalemating Sailor Chaos, but after she killed all of her allies. Sailor Cosmos stated that she could win, but the cost would likely be complete annihilation of the galaxy.

So, to prevent destroying the galaxy, she travels back in time to end all life in it? No Ech, I'm not buying that.

You've previously argued that life without loved ones is worse than death. What use is a galaxy with no lives left in it. Cosmos wouldn't fear annihilating the galaxy fighting Sailor Chaos. She feared Sailor Chaos and ran like a little bitch because she didn't have the courage to her own cowardly neck.

I could buy Sailor Cosmos running away in fear, but only if her opponent has enough power to do so. Can Sextus destroy galaxies with his power? If not she's not going to be impressed.

His powers in this context work by amplifying fear. She has even the slightest trace of fear in her, he can magnify it to the point of it being lethal. You said previously that an unknown opponent would put Sailor Moon (who I am aware is a different character) on edge, even if that foe is leagues weaker than her (as was the case for Tao Ren). That should hold true here as well. Being on edge requires at least some degree of fear and anxiety, which Sextus could detect in his sleep and use amplify to lethal levels.

Cosmos is a coward who would undo her own existence and doom all life in the galaxy to prevent one person from coming to be. She's fucked by an attack that plays into that character flaw.

So, to prevent destroying the galaxy, she travels back in time to end all life in it? No Ech, I'm not buying that.

To prevent Sailor Chaos from ever being born? Sounds reasonable.

His powers in this context work by amplifying fear. She has even the slightest trace of fear in her, he can magnify it to the point of it being lethal. You said previously that an unknown opponent would put Sailor Moon (who I am aware is a different character) on edge, even if that foe is leagues weaker than her (as was the case for Tao Ren). That should hold true here as well. Being on edge requires at least some degree of fear and anxiety, which Sextus could detect in his sleep and use amplify to lethal levels.

Cosmos is a coward who would undo her own existence and doom all life in the galaxy to prevent one person from coming to be. She's fucked by an attack that plays into that character flaw.

Sailor Cosmos and Sailor Moon are the same characters right?

Queen Nehelenia tried to do something similar to drive Sailor Moon mad with sorrow and it didn't work. Why? Because her will was much weaker. Being leagues weaker than Sailor Cosmos, his will should be no match for hers.

Show me an example of him using his power to overwhelm an opponent of Sailor Cosmos's level and we'll talk. If not choose another character.

Err... yeah. Did you think I was taking the Final Fantasy summon? Specifically I'm taking the traditional triumvirate interpretation of Shiva, not the Shaivas one which would cast his as an omnipotent supreme being.

Limitations of Shiva's power: Shiva can neither create nor maintain the universe. That quote I furnished you with was meant to me taken quite literally; Shiva essentially has only one ability, which is that to destroy.

To prevent Sailor Chaos from ever being born? Sounds reasonable.

By doing the exact same thing you're arguing she was afraid of doing. She was never afraid for the galaxy. She was afraid of Chaos and what Chaos would do to her.

Sailor Cosmos and Sailor Moon are the same characters right?

Yes, a character who lamented that she didn't have the same courage as Sailor Moon is totally the same character as Sailor Moon.

They are different characters, but unless you're telling me that Cosmos isn't also an avatar or whatever bullshit it is that allows Moon's powers to increase when she's in danger/on edge/whatever bullshit it is that you said in the last round, the logic holds.

Queen Nehelenia tried to do something similar to drive Sailor Moon mad with sorrow and it didn't work. Why? Because her will was much weaker. Being leagues weaker than Sailor Cosmos, his will should be no match for hers.

Two things. 1) Queen Nehelenia wasn't exploiting a character flaw stated in canon. Sailor Cosmos is a coward having her fear turned into a lethal weapon against her.
2) If Sailor Cosmos had the force of will to fight her fear she never would have run away in the first place. Sailor Cosmos' feats of cowardice are against you here Ech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back