Echelon's Mini Game: Defeat Sailor Moon and win cool prizes

I will deal with the bullshit speed in the next round.

Also, if Moon tried to block the Omega beams Darkseid could just, ya know change their direction to go around the staff.

Teleportation with his mind and he can travel fast enough to time travel so I'm going to with yes on speed of light. Also, I'm assuming if he teleports her right in front of him and then immediately uses the the Omega Beams as soon as she's there it would kill her.

I'll go with that scenario. What prize would you like?

DARKSEID CAN NO LONGER BE USED.

Because the writers involved are fucking stupid sometimes and thus passed Darkseid the idiot ball so that Wonder Woman could survive.

In all seriousness, I haven't been able to think of anybody not already listed. A few fun attempts, though.

What about Hunson Abadeer, Lord of the Nightosphere? It is implied that he survived the nuclear holocaust and destruction of the human race, along with his daughter Marceline. He also has control over all forms of chaotic evil.

I also thought about Arceus, but he might be considered omnipotent. He does have power over creation and time. He can also be defeated, I assume, by destroying the elemental plates.

Is he faster than light? What kind of attacks does he have?

I'd say no on Arceus simply because his feats aren't very good. He was nearly defeated by a normal non legend pokemon in the manga, and he is user controlled in the games. Pokemon games are the canon.

And yet you've won two rounds :rolleyes:

Via superior intelligence and card games. I'll win round 3 by having Sailor Moon lose to a travel accessory and I've figured out a way to invalidate whatever poorly defined powers over time and space appear in round four.

Well... at least this mini game wasn't a failure. I hope you two are this passionate in the Battlezone Tournament.

"Is he faster than the speed of light" is not an all-encompassing argument. It negates the fact that Sailor Moon, no matter how god-like and over-powered, can be tricked. Set up. Bamboozled. Flash has been caught before, and restrained using special, sciency devices. It's not all about being powerful; given a masterfully crafted situation it could simply come down to being caught with your pants down. You take away her toys and ability to transform, and it's as simple as Deadshot with a well-timed sniper round to the dome.

Unless, and I probably am, I'm missing a vital part of the Sailor Moon saga that makes her even more broken.

EDIT: I also have an issue with not being able to use omnipotent beings to take down a character that borders on omnipotent in itself.

I'll back Achilles and maybe Samus again. But there aren't any Shaman King characters in the draw (this year) so I can't bullshit to quite the same degree.

I don't know who's in it; but unless the cast includes Lou Thesz I ca't see me going near it with a long pole.

"Is he faster than the speed of light" is not an all-encompassing argument. It negates the fact that Sailor Moon, no matter how god-like and over-powered, can be tricked. Set up. Bamboozled. Flash has been caught before, and restrained using special, sciency devices. It's not all about being powerful; given a masterfully crafted situation it could simply come down to being caught with your pants down.

But does he have the resources to trick her? And if he's not close to light speed, he won't even see her move unless her has haxed eyesight that allows him to see anything.

EDIT: I also have an issue with not being able to use omnipotent beings to take down a character that borders on omnipotent in itself.

So I'd be purposely creating more work for myself with the prizes and not even get a good debate out of it? Where's the fun in that?

Queen Chryslsis, the changeling queen, did defeat Celestia. I wanted to use Chryslis based on that but not enough is known about her.

And yes Shining Armor and Cadence did in turn defeat the queen with the power of love.

Don't worry my day 4 argument is fool proof

But does he have the resources to trick her? And if he's not close to light speed, he won't even see her move unless her has haxed eyesight that allows him to see anything.

So I'd be purposely creating more work for myself with the prizes and not even get a good debate out of it? Where's the fun in that?

Fair enough. On the later half of that post.

Is she always moving at light speed? I know very little about Sailor Moon, but could she not be caught unaware by a master assassin? I mean sure, if they miss they're as good as dead. But some don't miss.

Actually, how many times in a canon fight, or even when traveling a distance the mangaka can understand (let's say, a place in Japan to another place in Japan) does Sailor Moon move at speeds approaching hypersonic?

Fair enough. On the later half of that post.

Is she always moving at light speed? I know very little about Sailor Moon, but could she not be caught unaware by a master assassin? I mean sure, if they miss they're as good as dead. But some don't miss.

That speed that Kotre and Gelg are up in arms about is a normal speed for her next round when she's actually trying to move. I suppose an assassin could take her out if they're careful, but it would have to be like a sniper. But in a one on one fight that scenario would be unlikely though.

Actually, how many times in a canon fight, or even when traveling a distance the mangaka can understand (let's say, a place in Japan to another place in Japan) does Sailor Moon move at speeds approaching hypersonic?

Sailor Moon isn't a combat series like DBZ but you can tell Sailor Moon and her enemies are moving fast when certain shifts in the pages happen; if the enemy causes destruction on one side of the city in one panel and in the next Sailor Moon is challenging them she'd moved fast to get there.

It helps that Sailor Moon takes place in real world locations, so you can get a feel for the speed. Even the Galaxy Cauldron's center is a place called Sagittarius A, which is a real place where scientists suspect that there is a black hole. It's symbolic really, when the Cauldron is descried as a place of infinite energy that melts everything down if it gets thrown in.

Yes, that's very nice. Now give me a scan which indicates that Eternal Sailor Moon walks (or flies) around at lightspeed on the streets of Tokyo.

If you can't or don't provide proof for that claim I am discounting it and work at the conclusion that ESM moves fast when not aiming to travel insane distances but not absurdly so.

Proof of that, if you'd be so kind Ech.

Besides what I gave you? Sure. It's starts when the Sailor Soldiers are trying to track down Sailor Galaxia. The Outer Planet Sailors have each traveled to their palaces on their planets to find research.

s17.2.016.jpg

s17.2.017.jpg

s17.2.019.jpg

s17.2.020.jpg

s17.2.021.jpg

And while it doesn't take long for them to reach Uranus, they find something wrong. They travel from Uranus to Neptune, notice a broken communications system, and from Neptune to Saturn fast enough to see Sailor Galaxia's after image [and her speed is just as haxed.].

s17.2.022.jpg

s17.2.024.jpg

s17.2.025.jpg

Here is a more interesting question. If ESM travels at light speed the whole time; does that mean that she is incapable of opening doors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back